KSR Show Thread 7/21: The spotlight shifts to Hart County

After a four-hour radio show on Monday, the KSR crew is back to catch you up on everything inside the world of UK Athletics and beyond.

While they’re at it, the Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass (Virtual) Tour is set to continue, as Matt Jones and the gang will tell you everything you need to know about Hart County.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

40 Comments for KSR Show Thread 7/21: The spotlight shifts to Hart County

1. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

So sorry I broke this lovely lady’s heart, wake up fellas

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:15 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

So I hate golf, and I was too busy to pay attention much yesterday. Is it really worth listening to the podcast? Was it entertaining even for non-golfers?

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, it’s worth it. The golf stuff goes in one ear and out the other.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Is it kind of like watching Caddyshack? A funny movie, but golfers say there is some humor that you don’t understand if you’ve not been on the course. Does mini-golf count and Putt-Putt count? BTW, is Putt-Putt still out there?

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Don’t like golf; but, I liked Tin Cup. Cheech was great…”he broke all the other clubs in his bag”.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:54 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

The Legend of Bagger Vance is also a very underrated movie. I thought that one was great.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

They bring me along golfing once or twice a year for comic relief and to make them feel better about their games. I have a few golf stories, but wont bore everyone with it this late in the show. Let’s just say if your golf score and bowling score are about the same, you probably suck at both of them. 🙂

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:22 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Okay, so since I got my master’s degree at Troy’s Montgomery campus, I still get their emails as an alum (asking for money…haha…as well as athletic updates). I received this from their AD (Brent Jones) this morning:

“We are aware of the Southwestern Athletic Conference’s decision to cancel their fall sports season; however, we are working on several different options for our student-athletes and fans. The SWAC’s decision impacts several of our athletic programs including our football home opener scheduled against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. At this point in time, we have EVERY INTENTION OF PLAYING A FULL 12-GAME FOOTBALL SEASON (emphasis mine-not really Chris Gettelfinger), which includes six home games at The Vet this fall.”

I’m not holding my breath, but take that for what it’s worth.

4. Realme
    10:27 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I won’t believe any game is happening until it starts, after how abruptly the SEC tournament died.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Same, but at least he isn’t Debbie Downer like Sankey.

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I’m a pretty optimistic person by nature, but I’m not allowing myself to get my hopes up. I could even deal with not having a season if it comes to that, but the not knowing is the worst.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:43 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, and no one is going to convince me any of these schools are going to play spring football. 2 seasons in 9 months? Pssshhh! The only way that happens is if it’s glorified scrimmages to help get ready for fall (IMO).

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:30 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Matt wants to moderate a debate with Mitch & Amy. LOL! Yeah, good luck with that.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

The odds are more like winning the powerball…1 in 195 million.

• Realme
      10:35 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Pass.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Hey, I’d watch, but it ain’t happenin’.

• ClutchCargo
      10:40 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I’m struggling with the word “moderate” in that sentence. lol

• Laker Cat 18
      10:53 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Never going to happen and I’m not sure I blame either of them. They won’t give Matt the clout.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:39 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

What is it they want to get rid of? I missed the call.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:40 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Oh, never mind. Players hanging out in tent city? Or tent city altogether?

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Tent city altogether. And that would be sad.

7. ClutchCargo
    10:43 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I’m out. I have some work to get done so I can go eat lunch at this freakin’ great bbq place down the street from where I am today.

8. JTHinton
    10:44 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Am I the only one who remembers Matt making that bet with Drew back during the season?

Matt bet Drew $20 that Khalil Whitney gets drafted

• Realme
      10:58 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

No but I believe you. Sounds like something he would have said early on.

9. Realme
    11:13 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Ky Down Under (is that what they were just talking about?) is nothing like those tiger king roadside zoos, but there used to be a llama petting zoo nearby that seemed pretty sketchy.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

There’s a big controversy about a private zoo in southern Indiana that the state is trying to shut down. He has a lot of exotic big cats in little bitty pens. Doesn’t seem right to me. And the dude doesn’t help his case by coming off as a huge ahole when he is interviewed.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:31 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Guy Pearce was in L.A. Confidential, really great movie; but, he didn’t become a big star off the movie; Russel Crowe became the star.
    The movie was beat out for the Oscar by Titanic.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Of course, I know Rm hasn’t seen that one, either.

• Realme
      11:39 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Well I have to admit I did see Titanic.

• runningunnin.454
      11:40 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t watch Titanic; I knew how it ended. ha ha, just kidding.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:39 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I’ll be watching all the Astros’ games to see if the other teams throw beanballs at them.

12. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:40 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:41 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

I’ll have to repost for Clutch tomorrow.

• Realme
      11:47 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Nice.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:58 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Especially since it’s the Kentucky state bird, and they’re so pretty!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:59 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Or since it was a male, handsome. Haha.

• RealCatsFan
      12:03 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

That was cool! I might share that. First time I can say I was a cardinal fan. 😉

Many years ago when she was living in Pensacola, my sister found a baby cardinal and nursed it all the way to adulthood. It was a female and would fly around in her house. Eventually it moved outdoors and integrated with the other birds in the area, but she would still come back regularly for “visits”.

13. Realme
    11:43 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

Jordan seemed to be miffed that CJ got hired as a grad assistant because there was a “hiring freeze”. IDK maybe he had also applied and been given a bs excuse? Lonnie was just making a vague tweet at UK football about needing to treat players better and not speaking for them. But both were replying to each other.
    I saw it during a bout of insomnia, in case anyone was wondering.