KSR Show Thread 7/21: The gang’s all here

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, Shannon, and Drew are all on together for the first time in three weeks. Tune in to hear their takes on Kentucky’s turn at SEC Media Days, the Bucks beating Devin Booker and the Suns for the NBA title, and much, much more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

69 Comments for KSR Show Thread 7/21: The gang’s all here

1. runningunnin.454
    10:14 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

10:26 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Here we are.

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I’m a little shocked that you didn’t link this version of it:

• RealCatsFan
      10:31 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Is StillBP going to make an encore appearance? πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

’bout time; and, I was in modbot for a while…somthing about that n word; I’ve noticed it before.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Louis Armstrong had a good version of that song, too. Neil’s version not that good.

• StillBP
      10:35 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

what’s up, I’m back again today πŸ™‚

10:39 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I enjoy talking to the boys every day, but it feels good to have another gal around.

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I was watching local news last night, and they were talking about the LMPD Major who was demoted for using the n-word while explaining to recruits that black folks sometimes toss that word around with each other, but it is totally inappropriate coming from a white person. I know him personally, he is a former neighbor of mine, and he is one of the good cops – as far away from racist as anyone I know. I could understand some lesser punishment like a short suspension, reprimand, whatever, but a demotion is way over the top. So now he is retiring, and LMPD loses yet another good cop. Sad. Sorry, had to vent a little.

• StillBP
      10:47 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Sorry to leave you deserted for a while, Real. I guess the other girl hasn’t ever come back…I’m spacing on her screen name now, but she was here daily for a long time.

10:48 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Jdub, yeah. I never even see her anywhere on KSR. Maybe when bball starts back up she’ll miss it.

• StillBP
      10:49 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

RCF, my neighborhood has gotten rougher through the years. I used to have to stop my car for basketball games in the street, now I have to stop for fist fights. The other day 2 teens were going at it, and I’ve never heard the n word dropped so many times in my life. They were both black, just yelling “f you n” in many different ways in each others faces. It was awful. I feel bad for the 5-10 year olds who were watching, these are their examples in life.

• StillBP
      10:50 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

yes, jdub, thanks! I don’t know why I couldn’t think of it…or maybe I do…I’m old lol

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Welcome back, BP. Yeah, y’all need to find JDub; Rm was probably getting tired of being picked on.

• StillBP
      10:55 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I have no doubt RM can handle everyone on her own…but she doesn’t have to anymore πŸ™‚

10:59 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Oh, man I miss when a troll would show up, and I knew I didn’t even need to say anything, because Jdub or BP would fully handle it. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I was talking about the word, N*O*B*O*D*Y; it’s put me in the black hole before. I don’t use that other word.

• ClutchCargo
      11:01 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I saw that on the news last night, RCF, and it was terrible. I have no idea how that trash police chief came to the conclusion she did, based on her explanation of what happened.

• ClutchCargo
      11:03 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Hilarous, rg! I tried to repeatedly type that word and call you a troublemaker and I got flagged myself.

• StillBP
      11:07 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

rg I didn’t see your original n word post so I didn’t really even know where RCFs comment was coming from LOL but it reminded me of what I saw Tues night.

11:07 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I’m sorry to her about a good person losing their job, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone in a professional setting would utter that word in 2021. It isn’t hard to not say. And if you do say it, even if you can somehow justify it, you are demonstrating that you feel comfortable saying it. He shouldn’t have.

• RealCatsFan
      11:08 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

rg, I knew that’s what you were talking about, and sorry I hijacked your post. And yes, pretty much anyone who is in a public position should know that the “n-word” is a third rail and you should simply refer to it as “the n-word” instead of actually using it, but geesh, let’s use some common sense people. Does this look like an officer who is racist and should be demoted over something like this? I’m sad, because I know that we are losing one of the good cops.

• StillBP
      11:09 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I agree with RM…never say that word…ever. Not even for a “teaching moment”,,,just don’t.

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I always found it amusing when you gals would comment on random threads, and guys would assume that you’re guys. Quite funny, sometimes.

11:36 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Yeah, I am guilty of assuming everyone is a guy too sometimes. My Twitter has my real, obviously female name, and Ryan would refer to me a man, or he or whatever on postgame shows.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I’m a little disappointed that StillBP never made use of the Bobby Neckbrace picture for her avitar. πŸ˜€

• StillBP
      11:49 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

haha as you can see I’m just not the avatar type. It may not require much effort, but clearly more effort than I’m willing to give πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I was really hoping to be changing mine by now, but sadly, not so fast…

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:16 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

NETFLIX:

Finished Longmire. It was great, ending was okay I guess.

Started Punisher. It looks pretty good so far.

Also started The Sinner. It’s early, but so far, so good.

10:25 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I though the sinner season 1 was really good. Been watching some foreign Netflix shows. Ragnarok was interesting, I am now pretty sure all Norwegians are weird. Currently watching a Korean show, Sweet Home. People turn into a variety of really cool monsters.
      Animal Kingdom just restarted. Great show on USA or something.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:30 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Animal Kingdom looks really good. I need to watch that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Wait… Punisher is on Netflix now? I think I watched it on there before, but then Disney decided to pull all their content off there or something and it just went away. Too dark and edgy for Disney’s new service. I loved that show!

• ClutchCargo
      10:33 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Hopefully there will be new seasons of The Punisher now.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Man, I always feel like I’m on the outside looking in when folks start talking about binge watching shows on Netflix, etc. I just don’t have the attention span to do it anymore, I guess. Maybe when the kids are fully out of the house, but then I will probably still have 67 projects with the house, cars, boat, etc to juggle. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I sense you folks are television buffs, huh?

• StillBP
      10:39 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

you aren’t alone there, RCF. I don’t do the Netflix thing either.

10:40 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Kinda yeah. A lot of things are movie quality nowadays, but you get more in series form.

10:41 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

*that was a reply to RG

• Laker Cat 18
      10:41 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I believe Punisher is a Netflix original now.

It’s hard for me to watch a lot of tv during the football season, so I’m trying to binge a few before it officially starts next month. A lot of late nights and film coming up soon!

10:42 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Not rotting your brain watching the boob tube is a good thing, for you non-Netflixers.

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I’m not really a hardcore tv watcher, mostly sports for me. I got more into binge watching some stuff last year, but I’m over that now.

• StillBP
      10:53 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Oh I’m not saying I don’t rot my brain with tv bc I certainly do. I’m just old school, I still have Dish. I watch a lot of garbage, like all the Real Housewive shows lol I also like Naked and Afraid which is almost like Discovery Channel’s version of trash tv

10:56 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I’ll admit I developed an embarrassing addiction to trash dating shows during the pandemic, but it is half hate watching. For some reason, for most of the pandemic, I could never sit down and read a book. Just now getting back into that. But my #1 priority remains obsessing about UK bball and fball.

• StillBP
      11:02 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I’m soooo ready for fball and bball. I know…everyone on this thread is! We’ve almost made it through July, only August really standing in the way!

• ClutchCargo
      11:05 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I feel like they need to put the whole football team in bubble wrap until time to play games again. That likely wouldn’t prepare them for the season, though.

3. Realme
    10:42 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Cubelic picked us second in the east. He is supposed to be a football genius, so I’ll take it.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:48 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Coen better not be a bust!

10:51 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

He is the first Stoops OC to come in and NOT say “we’re simplifying the playbook, we’re trying to keep things simple for the guys”, etc., like our players are dumb. I fully expect him to develop the closest thing to a real offense that we’ve seen here this era. But what the hell do I know.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:50 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

The guys need to stop beating the NIL drum. As it stands now, UK is not going to lead on this, unless some rules are put in place. It’s not $1000 here and there for Chris Mills, or even $100,000 for Bowen at UL.

5. Realme
    10:53 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I think it sounds stupid when media call coaches by their first names. There’s someone (I don’t remember who) that comes on Leach all the time, and he refers to Cal as “John” and it’s like, who is he talking about?

6. Realme
    11:14 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I hate that we’re almost a year and a half in, and still having to worry about sports cancellations. Hope the football team is convinced to get to their 85% threshold so we don’t have to worry about testing / forfeiture all season.

• ClutchCargo
      11:21 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

This is the thing that worries me about this football season. We could be on pace for one of the best UK football seasons ever and then have to forfeit a game or two because of COVID protocols. It’s going to suck if that happens.

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Yes, would be a big deal if we don’t even have to get tested.

• ClutchCargo
      11:35 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

It would be a huge deal. Especially since a lot of people that age have very mild symptoms, if any at all.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:25 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Matt talking about Pe-ruvian ro-tisserie chick-en remi-nds me of a Per-uvian place in Oldh-am County called Ol-li Poll-o. The food is ex-cellent, price is reas-onable, but I wor-ry about wheth-er he will make it be-cause there nev-er seems to be a cro-wd over there. And the Cattle-man’s next door is al-ways pack-ed – I wish some of those folks would bra-nch out and sup-port the lo-cal busin-esses inst-ead of just the ch-ains. So this is my pl-ug if you find your-self in OC.

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

The crap I have to do to fool the modbot…

• ClutchCargo
      11:30 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I will have to check that out. The only other Peruvian restaurant I have been to was in Burbank, CA when I was there for work. Peruvian food is amazing.

11:41 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Closest I’ve come to Peruvian was a kroger brand aji amarillo marinade. Excuse my spelling if it’s wrong. Really good.

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Clutch, if you are in the OC, it is right across the road from Baptist Health LaGrange. It used to be a Rally’s, and it has been the owner’s dream to run his own restaurant. Really nice family.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:28 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Who was that nut wanting a 9th SEC conference game? Isn’t the SEC grueling enough? Thought Stoops handled that one well.

11:41 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

So stupid.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:29 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Sorry, but I’m never going to be a Rush Limbaugh fan, and it has nothing to do with politics. It is just the fact that I can’t stand to hear someone bitch for 3 hours straight. And all of the shows that follow the format are pretty much the same – let’s find something else to rant and rave about. I just don’t get the addiction some people have for it.

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Exactly. No sane person could get worked up enough about stuff to bitch about it for 3 hrs every day. That means they are either crazy or they’re just playing to the crowd.

11:40 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

I feel that way about all political talking heads. Not just the negativity, but the smugness, as if they could never be wrong, and being divisive about literally everything.

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Or they know that they can get rich off of it. Worked quite well for Rush.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:48 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

Heh, “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica as your wedding song? Bet that was an interesting wedding.

My niece selected “Oh Darling” by the Beatles as her first wedding song. Never really understood that one – must have been an inside thing. πŸ˜‰

11. runningunnin.454
    11:50 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

One of the top wedding songs is “Groovy Kind Of Love” by the Mindbenders in the ’60s, and Phil Collins. A definite rip-off of a classical song from the 1700s, Rondo movement of Sonatina in G major by Muzio Clementi.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am July 21, 2021 Permalink

We picked “At Last” by the great Etta James. Never gets old.