KSR Show Thread, 7/15: Coach Cal joins the program (and Harrison County!)

Tune in to KSR today as Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon The Dude take you through Harrison County and through all of the day’s news. Plus they’ll hear from Coach Cal as he calls in to discuss his team, how they’re working around the pandemic, what’s ahead for basketball and more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

37 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 7/15: Coach Cal joins the program (and Harrison County!)

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, as usual, I will be the guy who files his taxes at about 11:45. I was going to join Procrastinator’s Anonymous, but just never got around to it. πŸ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

And today, daughter #1 gets her first exposure to grown-up fun like filing taxes – since she had an official job working after school daycare.

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Who is this guy Fica, and why is he taking all my money?

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Haha, this might turn my kid from a liberal into a conservative. πŸ™‚

1. Realme
    10:16 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

My neighborhood had OBEY in the sky too. The O was a little wonky. Comments on here interpreted it to be saying “wear your mask”. Comments on the Lexington subreddit assumed the opposite.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I think the far left sent Hillary up on her broom to spell it out for everyone. πŸ˜‰

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Not sure I want to know how she produces the stuff to write with.

• Realme
      10:32 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

LOL that’s the easy part. I think it’s Mrs. Cal telling him to shave his face.

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Bean dip? Broccoli casserole? (My reply to Clutch). πŸ™‚

2. RealCatsFan
    10:19 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I think Cal totally needs to keep rocking the beard and the baby mullet. If he keeps it up, he can start to look like this dude:

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

He needs some Grecian Formula.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Ha! When you said “this dude” that’s exactly what I pictured in my mind.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:36 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

We used to go through Houstonville on the way to visit family in Liberty and Danville. There was a period of time where, at the one traffic light, there were always some old men playing checkers or chess outside a store or something. Also, right outside town someone used to have the big satellite dish, it was white, and it had a big blue Wildcat logo painted in it. So cool.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:39 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure it was this logo but without the state background:

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

That old-school mascot is SOOO much better than the generic staple remover they are using now.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

You are correct sir. I like most all of the vintage logos.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I’ll even take the phallic-tongue mascot over the birds-making-whoopie.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:58 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I’m not sure even Cal can save this show.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

There just isn’t much to talk about these days. Life has become pretty bland without sports and other fun stuff. This must be a taste of what it was like to live in the Eastern European bloc during the Cold War.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:06 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure he will push his new plan for minorities in administrations that he discussed with other coaches earlier this week. I’m also almost certain he will mention wearing masks.

5. RealCatsFan
    11:03 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I am looking forward to the day when COVID is not the lead story. Welp, I guess we kind of had that during the race riots, but I want it to be buried ten bullet points down the news board. Actually, I want COVID to just be buried, period.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:07 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I said that early on during the virus. Then the police murders, protests, and looting all started up. I’m not sure which one is worse.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

This entire time period sucks for me as a parent at this point in my life, but I was thinking about the fact that it would have equally sucked if I was in my 20’s and wanting to be able to socialize with friends, go out on dates, etc. 2020 has sucked for the ENTIRE WORLD. Not just here in America. How some can claim that it is all a plot cooked up by someone is beyond me.

6. Realme
    11:08 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

I watched Bird Box last night. Knew it was going to be special when at the very beginning, she puts her BIRDS in a BOX. It actually wasn’t as terrible as I expected. I think people mostly hated it because it’s supposed to be a horror movie and it’s not scary?

7. runningunnin.454
    11:18 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Regarding the Sarr waiver request, I want to know what Cal said to Stephen Smith that he thinks could have made the ncaa mad. Maybe think before you speak.

8. RealCatsFan
    11:27 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Sorry, but I have no respect for the coach who invented the Four Corners Offense. He should have been tarred and feathered. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Same here; but, he’s wrong about the guy coming up with the “fast break”.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:38 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Triangle & 2.

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Was it Dale Brown who had what he called the “freak offense”?

• Laker Cat 18
      11:45 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

If you’ve got that little faith in the other 4 players on the floor, I’m putting 2 guys on the 1 you put all your faith in. Take my chances.

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Yup, and Brown also said UK had the karate defense.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:33 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Why am I listening to Hall & Oats? Ugh, oooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh. My ears are bleeding

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:42 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Hey, blue eyed soul man! They said they fulfilled their dream when they got to perform on stage with The Temptations. They’re all from Philly.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, not much soul, there. Blue-eyed soul would be the Righteous Brothers.

10. Realme
    11:41 am July 15, 2020 Permalink

Cal should get so much more credit for the human being that he is.

• RealCatsFan
      1:27 pm July 15, 2020 Permalink

Yep, even though he sometimes does things that drive me crazy, there is no denying that he is one of the good guys.