KSR Show Thread, 6/6: Pardon My Take Takeover

On today’s Kentucky Sports Radio radio, we’re gonna rock down to Electric Avenue with Big Cat and PFT Commenter. The hosts of the most popular sports podcast in the entire world will bring their talents and takes to KSR for two hours this morning with hopes of reclaiming their Summer Guest Host of the Year title.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

90 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 6/6: Pardon My Take Takeover

1. Iamheasyouarehe
    9:58 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

No need to listen today as far as I’m concerned and don’t tell me I just don’t get it, they are not even a little bit funny.

• JTHinton
      10:04 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

You just don’t get it 😉

10:07 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I think if you do get it you need some serious help.

• Bleedblueky
      10:39 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Never enjoyed their SARCASM lol

• Trinity45
      1:27 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

I did not listen this morning, I find their humor as funny as watching paint dry. If someone likes them fine but I have better things to do than listen to these goof balls.

2. Realme
    10:01 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

No, I don’t need to understand their schtick. They are arrogant pigs and I don’t have to like them. They have an enormous loser fan base of sycophants that will try to ruin a pizza joint they’ve never heard of, just because they’re told to by these creeps. And they’re not the favorite guests hosts of the KSR fan base. They have their own fan base, who doesn’t listen to any of the other shows, throw the vote. It’s like when we crash a Louisville fan poll for kicks and giggles.

Off to listen to today’s My Favorite Murder. Let me know if y’all want to talk about music or food or something random…

• runningunnin.454
      10:04 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

But, but, but, they’re going for Summer Guest Host of the Year…ha ha ha. Yeah let’s do random.

10:07 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Speaking of music, and this will be unpopular because it was for me, but….I know runnin’ and maybe others went to the Paul McCartney concert so I have to pass this along. I highly recommend anyone who is a Beatles fan read this book, I read the first one and I’m half way through this second one. http://www.billyshears.com/5.htm I’m guessing it’s a matter of seconds before I’m attacked.

• I’ll listen to my iTunes, or an archive of “Thistle & Shamrock”. I knew NOTHING about these guys, had never heard of them, until the first time they hosted here. Them bringing Sam Decker on the show was enough for me. Not gonna listen. “Wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture!”.

Realme, what’s this about them ruining a pizza joint?

• RealCatsFan
      10:14 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

What’s the deal about ruining pizza joints? I don’t follow these guys so I have no idea about it. Yeah, the phone can ring away today and I won’t get mad. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:16 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

If you want to talk music, I can give you some more tidbits from the concert. A lot of people had signs.
      Paul said they try to avoid the signs while performing because they have to play their instruments…and remember the lyrics; but, he did point out a couple of signs.
      One lady had a sign that said, “I tried to mail myself to you when I was six years old” Ha ha ha.
      Another guy had a sign that said simply, “222”. It was his 222nd straight McCartney concert. Paul said, “some people might consider that obsessive”. Ha ha.

10:19 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

One of them or their Barstool cohorts does pizza reviews. He did one here at Goodfellas and they gave him a cold piece and then asked him to stop filming his review (dumb on the part of the Goodfellas empolyee), and then they had to deal with an onslaught of bad reviews by their fans who had never eaten there, and other terrible pr. But that’s just one example. They sic their fan base on people or companies they don’t like all the time.

10:21 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Which NBA team does Sam Dekker play for…I forget.

10:24 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Runnin’ I’ve been a huge Beatle fan since their first performance on the Ed Sullivan Show and I remember the PID clues from the Sgt Peppers album and never bought into it, but if you look into it and read the book(s) I recommended above it will make you question everything you know about Paul and the Beatles.

10:32 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Iam, I’m too lazy to try and figure out what you’re talking about. Please elaborate. 🙂

10:38 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Realme, story goes that back in Sept of 66′ Paul was killed in a car accident and replaced by William (Billy Shears) Shepherd, the reason they never toured again after 1966. The music changed drastically as did their look, Billy is taller and bigger than Paul, voice analysis were done as was forensics on the faces of Paul before and after Sept 66′ and they did not match. I fought it for a long time but when you look at all the evidence there have been more than one Paul. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtimXpaec1UWO4lHSYNgfvg/videos

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Hmmm, I stopped reading when it said George Martin was the 5th Beatle. The 5th Beatle generally refers to Stuart Sutcliffe who died so tragically in Hamburg, Germany.
      As far as history is concerned, one of the songs Saturday night was the first song John, Paul, and George recorded. It was 1958, when they were the Quarrymen. It was written by Paul when he was 14, the guitar break was written by Harrison, and this was the only song ever credited to McCartney-Harrison.
      Paul’s talent was obvious even at 14. The song was “In Spite of all the Danger”; you can find it online.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Dekker currently rides pine for the Wizards. (I had to look that up.)

10:43 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I was briefly into the Beatles in college, but wasn’t around to experience them when they were putting out the music. You would get along with my husband, I am. Loves to do a deep dive on a conspiracy theory.

10:44 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I like that we can get multiple conversations going in the same thread and no one gets confused.

• jmcatt
      10:45 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I sometimes wonder if Matt likes these guys because they say things about our fan base he agrees with but can’t say.

10:49 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Billy Shears is arrogant as they come and he talks about being a better Paul than Paul ever was which didn’t set well with me, but Paul could not read and write music as Billy can. Billy Shears introduces himself in “With A Little Help With My Friends” and the title track, go read the lyrics.

10:50 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Realme pass this one along to your husband and ask him to prove it all wrong, I could not.

• Iam, what next, are you gonna tell me that rasslin’ ain’t real???!!!

10:53 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

No Chris, rasslin’ is definitely real…

10:56 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think he will, because he’s never been a Beatles guy, he’s all about anything aliens, illuminati, etc.

• runningunnin.454
      10:57 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Iam, are you saying the guy I saw Saturday night was not Paul McCartney? No offense, but I think you’ve fallen off Kyrie’s edge of the Earth.

11:00 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Look at all the evidence runnin’ before you call me crazy, I challenge you to prove all the researchers wrong. I’m only passing along links to tons of evidence that there have been multiple Paul’s with Billy Shears being the main one. So debunk it, I really wish you could, I tried and could not.

11:02 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I kind of want RG to put his brain surgeon mind to all the evidence and get back with us!

11:04 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Realme I believe your husband is onto something with the Illuminati, or a least a group of elites that control most everything. I’m sure he knows about the Bilderberg Group and the Free Masons. Billy Shears is a high ranking Free Mason.

11:06 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I agree Realme, runnin is way way smarter than me so I really want him to look deep into all of this and get back to us, I’ve been looking into it for two years. Billy gives far too much detail not to have been there and been part of it, including song meanings. The clues didn’t stop with Sgt Peppers, they continued through Wings and Paul’s solo career.

11:08 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Ooohhh a Freemason connection! I’ll definitely run it by him. I find them very interesting myself, because we have some friends that are Masons. Female me has even been in the lodge for a funeral, but they draped coverings over all their (presumably) weirdest stuff.

11:19 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Apparently there are several degrees above the 33rd degree that are the Illuminati and several above the Illuminati that only those who are in those degrees know.

11:21 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

George Martin was a Freemason as was Paul’s father and Jane Asher’s father and they are all tied to the Tavistock Institute. Does he know about the Tavistock Institute?

11:26 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

The Illuminati controls (among most everything else) the entertainment industry and have for many years, they use entertainment for social engineering.

11:28 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

What I don’t get about the illuminati is, if they want to drastically lower the population of the world and start fresh ruling the rest, what are they waiting for? They have supposedly been pulling all the strings for several generations. What was in it for the GHW Bush’s who are gone to have been pulling strings for future generations to bring about their kooky plans? I’m a skeptic, but I find it fun to learn what people believe about stuff like this (and the multiple Pauls).

11:31 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Most of what I know about conspiracies, I learned from Last Podcast on the Left. A popular podcast of dudes that are actually funny.

11:32 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Realme, the Freemasons use what is called “masterful speaking”, it’s their way of telling telling the truth while making it appear as a joke, here is a good example with Paul/ Billy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYDdBWESQw&frags=pl%2Cwn

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

rg, I saw the set list for the Rupp show, and it made me really, REALLY regret not seeing it. Looks like it was a helluva show. How is Sir Paul’s voice holding up?

11:38 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

From what I have read, they want to get the world’s population aroung 500,000,000 in order to be able to totally control them. One of the 10 commandments of the Georgia Guidestones. https://rense.com/general16/georgiaguidestones.htm No one knows who is responsible for them but they are real. Do a search if you don’t already know.

11:42 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

And some other guy took your place or something… “This is him” ha ha. I like it.

11:44 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Then touching his nose, which is a Freemason sign.

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Welp, maybe I should have stated it as “how was that dude’s voice holding up who was masquerading as Sir Paul?” 😀

You guys are starting to make me think you are going to write the next Tom Cruise movie. 😉

11:51 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Sorry if we’re driving you guys crazy. I’m not a believer, but I find it really fun. It’s like ghosts and aliens. I don’t think they’re real, but I want them to be.

11:54 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

RealCats, just look at the evidence before you call me or anyone else crazy, I thought it was crazy too but upon further digging I found out I could not debunk it. I challenge anyone who doesn’t believe it to debunk the PID conspiracy. When you read the Memoirs of “Billy Shears” you will learn the meanings to song lyrics, the obscure ones suddenly make sense.

11:59 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

This is a gif of Paul/Billy Shears before the surgeries, etc. http://60if.proboards.com/thread/2705/billy-pepper-shepherd-years-after?page=2

12:03 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

http://60if.proboards.com/thread/909 Billy is the blonde man, this is from the Magical Mystery Tour movie

• RealCatsFan
      12:06 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

I wasn’t calling anyone crazy. I don’t have the time available in my life right now to deep dive into conspiracy theories. I did google the stones, and while I know many feel that Wiki is false, it did offer what I thought was a reasonable explanation:

“The most widely agreed-upon interpretation of the stones is that they describe the basic concepts required to rebuild a devastated civilization.[2] Author Brad Meltzer notes that the stones were built in 1979 at the height of the Cold War, and thus argues that they may have been intended as a message to the possible survivors of a nuclear World War III. The engraved suggestion to keep humanity’s population below 500 million could have been made under the assumption that war had already reduced humanity below this number.”

12:17 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t mean to say that you were calling me crazy but I understand why you might.

• RealCatsFan
      12:36 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

😀 If you lived next door to me, neither one of us would likely get any yard work done because we would probably talk for hours.

1:12 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

RealCats, I think you’re right, we usually think along the same lines.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:24 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

“No, I don’t need to understand their schtick. They are arrogant pigs and I don’t have to like them. They have an enormous loser fan base of sycophants that will try to ruin a pizza joint they’ve never heard of, just because they’re told to by these creeps. And they’re not the favorite guests hosts of the KSR fan base. They have their own fan base, who doesn’t listen to any of the other shows, throw the vote.”

But how many of you voted for Trump…?

1:48 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

I would bet you voted for Trump UKBB and probably Bush and Obama. We are never given a choice other than than to decide between the lesser of two evils and for that reason I no longer vote for prez, so I’m out.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:38 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Amazing logic. Made a lot of sense.

• ryanbruner
      2:10 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

You guys are soft as shit lmao. The guys are funny and you guys are clearly boring as fck. I bet you all are great fun at parties lmao. This is the shit that causes people to hate our redneck ass fan base

3. Realme
    10:12 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I’ll do a food one. Can anyone compare Shaking Seafood and Storming Crab for me? Lexington has newly added both of these and I want to know which one to try.

4. Cousin It
    10:15 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Screw these idiots!

5. TPACAT
    10:18 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Wow, these guys do suck. I’m out…

6. bluetide
    10:21 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

That’s fine. I needed a break in the morning to do a house project anyway

7. bnelson0364
    10:21 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I’d rather listen to the Florida Georgia Line commercial.

8. BluemanGreen
    10:56 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I would rather listen to trump talk louisville basketball than these guys. This may be the absolute worst KSR show ever. Loved them trashing Cal and UK for the first 15 minutes that was just great let me tell ya. Never put these idiots back on the airwaves please

11:01 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Thankfully I missed all that. I really don’t get why Matt doesn’t care that they troll his absurdly loyal followers, even if they are doing a bit that they don’t mean. They are not good human beings. Matt cared when Dave Baker brought Chris From Richmond on the show. Didn’t bring him back for years, if ever. Matt cared when Cutler did the worst show ever as one long boring monologue without pausing for breath. He hasn’t had him on the show alone since. But this, which Matt gets WAY more bad feedback on, he doesn’t care how we feel. I think he should.

• jmcatt
      11:22 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Because Matt agrees with a lot of their shtick but he can’t say it without alienating his listeners.

11:23 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

He also wants them to be his cool friends.

9. MrPioneer
    11:01 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I bet all of you guys are so much fun at parties.

11:04 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

There you are! Been wondering when someone would show up to tell us if we don’t like these guys we don’t have a sense of humor. Can’t believe it took so long.

10. UKDemarcusWall
    11:41 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

These comments make me laugh so much, y’all are so thin-skinned. I love it when PMT hosts.

11:43 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Yes, you are superior, and anyone who has a different opinion on PMT is SO stupid.

• UKDemarcusWall
      11:45 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

Man you’ve been commenting on here the entire show hahahaha. They seem to really bother you, it’s objectively funny

11:46 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

I’m not listening to the show. I’m talking to my internet friends about other stuff. Maybe you are the stupid one.

• UKDemarcusWall
      11:51 am June 6, 2019 Permalink

And what do y’all talk about? Stuff that offends you? Also I never called people with a different opinion stupid, that was you. You’ve just got thin skin.

• RealCatsFan
      12:41 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

UKDemarcusWall, I haven’t seen you on the show thread before that I can remember, so you probably haven’t seen some of the conversations that some of us regulars have here. We are kind of stepchildren of sorts to KSR – Matt and the boys don’t pay attention to anything that is not on Twitter or sometimes the text machine. We occasionally have some pretty good sidebars about UK and non-UK stuff. You are welcome to join in anytime. Not judging – maybe the dudes hosting the show today are an “acquired taste”. The same can be said about Matt Jones, and a lot of other people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don’t find them to be overly funny, but there are people I think are funny that others don’t. To each his own. Peace out. 🙂

11. Tyler_Stotts
    12:55 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Lmao… First time ever leaving a comment. I had to after reading all these idiots on here crying about the Pardon My Take crew. These guys do this with EVERY fan base. I’ve been listening to their podcast since the first time they came on KSR. They have a great podcast a sense of humor, you people are just to unintelligent to comprehend it. I’m sure Matt and Drew want them to host not only because they like them, but because they have millions of people that listen to their podcast and it’s amazing exposure for the show. Once again, something that is very easy to figure out if you have a drop of intelligence

• RealCatsFan
      1:04 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

I understand where you are coming from – and I can take someone poking a little fun at Cats fans in general. I just didn’t get much of a laugh out of them talking about their poop (and this is coming from a guy who thinks farts are funny. 🙂 )

1:11 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

You have to be unintelligent to think these morons are funny.sd

1:14 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Hold on, let me clear the air. Tyler you are a total idiot who was smart enough not to comment until all the regulars were signed off, you woudve been crushed.

• J-Dub421
      3:44 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Thanks for letting us all know you peaked in high school, Tyler. Now you and your buddies can go back to punching each other in the nuts and laughing about it like it’s the funniest thing ever.

• TPACAT
      9:40 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Hey Tyler, are you related to Matt? He thinks he’s smarter than everyone also…

12. nevsky41
    1:43 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Listening to an elephant fart on a snare drum for two hours is a better use of your time than listening to these idiots. Worst show of the year, every year. And it is completely irrelevant that they are the “most popular sports podcast on the world,” because “popular” does not equal “good.”

• MrPioneer
      2:04 pm June 6, 2019 Permalink

Are you an idiot? So you think millions of people are out here listening to their podcast and don’t think it’s good?

• nevsky41
      11:18 am June 7, 2019 Permalink

Millions of people listen to Florida Georgia line, and they aren’t good, so…. correct. Popular doesn’t equal good. I understand WHY Matt has them guest host, but that doesn’t change the fact that i don’t like their schtick and think it’s stupid.