KSR Show Thread 6/15: Matt’s back!

Matt Jones’ two-week furlough is over, which means today’s Kentucky Sports Radio is one you don’t want to miss. Tune in to hear about Matt’s time in New York City and his thoughts on all of the things that happened while he was off the airwaves.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

56 Comments for KSR Show Thread 6/15: Matt’s back!

1. Laker Cat 18
    9:57 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Wait, first?

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:07 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

The wife and I binged the Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix this weekend. Two things of which one I already knew…

1. He was a sicko.
    2. He definitely did not commit suicide.

• Ned T.
      10:09 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

3. He was a thief.
      4. His “girlfriend” should be in jail.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:10 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Agreed. The ultimate con-man. Cheated his way up the ladder in life.

• Bluehender
      10:12 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

His “girlfriend” definitely should be in jail..

• Realme
      10:13 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Yes, Ned! They can’t do anything else to him, but she should be in prison.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:24 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Personally, it’s always in the back of my mind that he paid off officials to fake his death. I’m a little bit of a conspiracy guy.

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

LC, I am usually skeptical of conspiracy theories, but there are so many powerful people with Epstein related skeletons in their closets that it would not surprise me at all if someone offed him.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

The thought of Matt having to clean out his girlfriend’s cat’s litterbox both surprises and amuses me. πŸ™‚

Few things stink worse than cat poop. But of course, the dog thinks those “tootsie rolls” are delicacies.

• Realme
      10:19 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

He clearly loves this woman.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:22 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Matt needs to put a ring on it and start slinging babies. I’m curious to see how the thoughts of Daddy Matt change over time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

The clock is ticking for him.

• Realme
      10:29 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure he’s over thinking and coming up with weird reasons to delay.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

He’s like Jerry – her hands are probably too large and masculine. πŸ˜€

• Realme
      10:44 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Maybe she looks hideous in the wrong lighting.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:51 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Crack open a lobster with her bare hands!

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

That was one of my favorite episodes. Everytime I hear the Violent Femmes’ song ‘Blister in the Sun”, I think of that scene.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:19 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Happy to have Dickie V. supporting the waiver for Sarr. If the ncaa denies the waiver, they will have to listen to Vitale hammering them, every game, all season long.
    “No doubt Sarr should be declared eligible. I will be shocked if any other decision occurs”.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:19 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I have often thought it would be cool if my car could put out banana peels behind it to make cars spin out like Super Mario Kart. That would teach those tailgating aholes a lesson! πŸ˜€

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

RCF, how do you make that particular smiley? Experimenting:?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

So Google tells me I can right click in this box to bring up an emoji list, and I see it, but they show up as ?.

So I have to figure out RCF’s keyboard trick.

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Colon followed by capital D. πŸ˜€

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

πŸ˜€

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Now how about the crying laughing emoji?

• JTHinton
      2:55 pm June 16, 2020 Permalink

?

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

HaHa, I’m not that advanced! πŸ™‚

6. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

It’s guaranteed that the Turtle would have a picture of Matt’s butt if it were out there on the internet.

• Realme
      10:42 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I created a monster by putting raisins on my porch. Now whenever I go out the back door, one mockingbird shows up immediately to make that scratchy creaky noise that they make to chase off other birds until I put out raisins. Follows me around and hops all over my porch furniture. If it wasn’t hot out there, I’d totally train it to eat from my hand.

• Realme
      10:43 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

No idea how I made that a reply.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:52 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I thought you were just trying to change the subject from politics real quick. Haha.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

A very slick and savvy move… πŸ˜‰

7. Realme
    10:48 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I can’t respect going to Popeyes to eat chicken fingers. Eat the real fried chicken, child. Or the jambalaya. Or biscuits. Shrimp. Now I want Popeyes.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:55 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I had Popeyes yesterday and still have one piece of spicy in the fridge calling my name. Unfortunately it wasn’t as spicy this time as I liked, and they were stingy with the beans in my red beans and rice side. But I digress.

I actually like the fingers too, but yeah, I get the fried all white. I was trying the fingers because I had a coupon and they were really spicy that day and just out of the fryer, so they were great!

Anyway, I probably like Popeyes and Chick Fil A evenly, but one huge plus for CFA is fresh lemonade.

• Realme
      10:59 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I could take CFA chicken or leave it, but that macaroni and cheese is perfection.

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

As far as CFA is concerned, I like their grilled chicken nuggets better than the fried ones.

Matt and the boys mentioned Indi’s chicken. I used to go to the Indi’s on Broadway in DT Louisville every Thursday for lunch. The spicy keels and an order of the potato wedgies were awesome.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:22 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Is that the Nashvegas style hot chicken?

8. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

How many college coaches would be OK with their voices being heard on TV? I would say very few.

• katmandue2you
      11:57 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Yeah I could write a dissertation on the content of rap music and it’s effect on our society, but then I’d look prejudiced and racist, and many on here would have no part of my open and honest dialogue. But the truth about me is it’s all about the content of ones character and not the color of ones skin. So why do I feel like I’m being harshly judged if/when I critique character content of some…regardless of skin color

9. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

So a friend of mine’s daughter is one of the women who were sexually assaulted by one of the officers in the Breonna Taylor shooting. Very sad situation, and he is understandably fit to be tied.

10. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:57 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

So Matt has no eyebrows and a nose whistle. Hmmm…

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

I never had the caterpillars like Drew, but sadly I have lost most of whatever eyebrows I had when I was younger. Maybe I need a transplant. Plenty of hair on top my head. πŸ™‚

11. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Every time I hear the name Clarence Thomas I think of the supposed pube on a can of coke.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

So now that NASCAR had banned the confederate flag, I wonder how many owners of those 1969 Charger General Lee replicas will be painting their roofs? πŸ˜‰

Side note – they sure trashed a lot of classic cars filming that series.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

My wife is looking for a new car; I wandered over to one of the Chargers; had a 6 cylinder engine…now that’s sad.

• RealCatsFan
      12:09 pm June 15, 2020 Permalink

You can get the Charger with the Hami V8, but honestly, most of the modern V6 cars will hang with or outrun the hairy chested big V8 musclecars of the 60’s. (It hurts to say that.)

• ClutchCargo
      2:12 pm June 15, 2020 Permalink

Know what’s even sadder? The 1979 4-cylinder Mustang that was my first car. Looked like Tarzan, ran like Jane. πŸ™‚

13. RealCatsFan
    11:25 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

So here I go again getting into my geezer get-off-my-lawn mode. Yesterday, I took the boat out with my daughters and a couple of their friends. We tied off with a group of folks – I knew a couple of them through coaching, and the rest of them I did not know. They were nice and friendly, and I enjoyed talking with them and hanging out for the day. But they had to crank up a bunch of rap music that was inundated with MF this, eff that, and it seemed like every song was talking about ho’s and women shaking their azzes, etc. Dont’ get me wrong, we listened to pretty racy stuff at our houseboat parties back in the day, and my kids are now 16 and 18, so they probably listen to this same stuff. But the families we were with had kids who were from about 4 up to about 12, and to me, I would not have dreamed of playing that stuff when my kids were that age. I guess different strokes for different folks, but it was kind of uncomfortable for me.

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

You have to wonder about people that listen to that crap. ClassLESS.

• katmandue2you
      12:00 pm June 15, 2020 Permalink

My above post was in response to this.

14. runningunnin.454
    11:36 am June 15, 2020 Permalink

Any opinion other than Matt’s…is wrong obviously.