KSR Show Thread, 5/9: Unpopular Opinion Day

It’s judgement-free day on KSR! Call in and share your hot takes without interruption. You have an unpopular opinion, I know you do. Tell us all about it on the show today.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

83 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/9: Unpopular Opinion Day

1. RealCatsFan
    9:59 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

So is the site going to make it through the day before the Chinese try to poison the hamster in the habitrail that powers it?

• Realme
      9:59 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Drew was hilarious yesterday on Twitter during it all.

• runningunnin.454
      10:08 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I thought it was due to increased traffic because we had signed Blackshear, McDaniels, and Juzang. Alas.

• Realme
      10:09 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha yeah, I checked Twitter to see if there was news huge enough to crash the site.

• RealCatsFan
      10:14 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I think Drew was Googling “Teen Wolf genitalia” again and downloaded a nasty virus. ๐Ÿ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Same here, rg. I was so convinced something big had happened, I just went straight to espn.com and was surprised to see nothing.

2. Realme
    9:59 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Unpopular opinion: One Shining Moment is unbearably cheesy.

• J-Dub421
      10:16 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Totally true.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:13 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Finebaum in fall, football. Finebaum in winter, football. Finebaum in spring, football, Finebaum in summer, football.

4. Realme
    10:16 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Haven’t had a mint julep, Ale 8 definitely doesn’t taste good.

• J-Dub421
      10:17 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I like Ale 8, but mint juleps are gross.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

My only question about the mint julep, is after the shot of bourbon is gone…what are you supposed to do with all that ice?

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Grab that flask that you hid down the front of your pants and add some more bourbon.

• StillBP
      11:18 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I hate both, Realme…juleps and Ale8 ewwwww

5. J-Dub421
    10:20 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Rick knew. I’ve read multiple reports they all talked about it in practice. If they were having a bad practice, the assistant coaches would say things like, “Y’all aren’t focused because you were up with strippers all night.”

• Realme
      10:21 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

If he didn’t know (I agree that he did), it was because he was deliberately looking the other way.

10:24 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Anyone who believes Pitino didn’t know probably also believes Oswald was the lone gunman.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

He wasn’t?

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

No, he wasn’t.

• J-Dub421
      10:31 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Yes, he was.

10:33 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I really hope you guys are kidding about Oswald, it is scientifically impossible for Oswald to have been that only shooter if you go back and look at all the evidence.

• Realme
      10:33 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I had a history teacher in high school that only ever wanted to talk about the Kennedy assassination, and we all just sat there making fart noises and stuff. Teenagers are the worst. That was way more interesting than most of what he was supposed to be teaching us.

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

No, he wasn’t. He fired three Italian Army surplus rounds from WWII, and two were duds. One hit the road behind the car, one only penetrated 1.5 inches into his target. The other was full power and sailed over the car, and hit the curb sending a piece of concrete up into a bystanders face.

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I was cleaning out the basement at my parent’s house recently and came across a Life magazine that they had saved from two weeks after the assassination. Truly amazing to think about what the nation was collectively dealing with when that happened. Only modern comparison would be 9-11. I still need to sit down and take some time to read through it. Like a time capsule.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

No it isn’t. I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. They’re dumb. You may as well go ahead and believe we faked the moon landing and that the earth is flat (like Kyrie Irving!).

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

So it was the Russians? If so, I bet Trump hired them! ๐Ÿ˜€

10:43 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

The witnesses who were mysteriously killed or disappeared said there were shots coming from multiple locations. I didn’t realize that the Zapruder film wasn’t shown to the American people until 1975 until a little while ago.

10:48 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Love you J-Dub but you really need to look at the evidence before you believe he acted alone. There are mountains of evidence there were multiple shooters. And about the moon photographs, explain to me what the other light sources on the moon. https://www.aulis.com/raytracing_as11.htm might want to peruse this site.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I guess this is my unpopular opinion; but, watch the Zapruder film. The “shot” came from the right front, and he fell back and to the left.
      Combat vets know a target doesn’t fall toward the direction of fire.

10:56 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Back and to the left, back and to the left. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXjf8Jce10&frags=pl%2Cwn

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

“Back, and to the left”, cg. ๐Ÿ˜€

11:01 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Go look at the moon pics and explain the converging lines, proving a second light source. These men just accomplished the biggest most important mission of our lifetime yet the look like hostages. Didn’t even know about the Van Allen Belt when asked how they got through them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI_ZehPOMwI&frags=pl%2Cwn

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

If something like the Kennedy assassination happened today, you would have 375,416 different camera angles to look at with all the cell phone cameras out there.

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Conspiracy theories are for people who need to feel special because they think they’re part of some secret club that “knows the real truth.”

11:06 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

True RealCats and there were other cameras that were confiscated. Why did it take all those years to release the Zapruder film to the public and why are there missing frames?

• Realme
      11:08 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m just glad y’all aren’t arguing about whether or not the earth is round or if vaccines are necessary.

11:09 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

And people who believe every official story don’t want to believe the truth. “The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about yet refuse to investigate.” Dr. Wayne Dyer

• Iamhe, that aulis.com article is TLDR. That guy needs to do an executive summary so you don’t feel you need a degree in physics to absorb it all.

11:11 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Knowing the official story is scientifically impossible does not make me feel special, it makes me feel ashamed that the American people refuse to investigate and ask questions.

11:12 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

When I speak of the Van Allen belts I’m going by what NASA says not Forbes magazine or USA today.

• Realme, if person A is vaccinated, they have nothing to fear from person B who is not vaccinated. Regardless, this is a parental rights issue.

11:14 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Chris, ignore all that and just look at the pictures, there should only be the sun as a light source yet there are shadows going in different directions.

• runningunnin.454
      11:16 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Just have to face facts; the government, through the Warren Commission, lied to the American people.
      Why were the documents sealed until 2039.
      Trump promised to release them; but, then he didn’t based on nation security, and said they will be released in 2021; he may not even be President then.

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Iam, don’t get me wrong – I am not so naive to think that there are not conspiracies going on all around us – both in the past and right now. Hell, Watergate was a perfect example. But I am not going to exert an excessive amount of time and energy investigating every conspiracy theory that comes down the pike. If I was incarcerated and had tons of time on my hands, maybe – but in the end, there’s not much that the average citizen can do about it anyway.

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

From the article re: multiple light sources: The fact of the matter is … there were multiple light sources, Launius said. “You’ve got the sun, the Earth’s reflected light, light reflecting off the lunar module, the spacesuits, and also the lunar surface.”

• StillBP
      11:24 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

chris, person A may not have had the opportunity to be vaccinated yet, like say a baby, when they meet person B. Person B is just out there spreading crap to the helpless.

11:28 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

RealCats Iโ€™m not saying investigate them all, thereโ€™s not enough time, but the murder of a president is pretty big.

11:29 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Seriously J-Dub try doing some real research on the moon landings. There are way more questions than answers.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

“Real research” where? Conspiracy theory sites? I listen to scientists and NASA (who are scientists), not nutbags on the internet with no qualifications.

11:41 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

NASA is a govt agency getting billions of dollars who say they lost the technology to go to the moon and that the Van Allen belts were impenetrable at one point. Go look at all the evidence and use own human intellect not what anyone else says. Do look at what NASA says and question everything, just because someone puts on a while lab coat doesn’t mean they’re telling you truth.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

We haven’t lost the technology to go to the moon. It’s just expensive to do so, and they don’t see a lot of benefit to going back. Did you get punched in the face by Buzz Aldrin perchance?

11:50 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

The library might be a good place to start, that’s where I went.

11:51 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Well according to NASA we did lose the tech. Did you get brainwashed?

• StillBP
      11:51 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

man there is a lot of back and forth here. I really don’t care about the Kennedy stuff, but….Iam so you are saying we faked the moon landing??? Good grief.

11:53 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I really didn’t want to get into insulting each other so I’m out, you can go on believing in your perfect world run by politicians/liars, cheats and thieves.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

What would be the point in faking the moon landing? Who benefits from it? Why continue to lie about it? What’s the point there? Why has no one involved with this alleged conspiracy blabbed about it in 50 years?

• Realme
      11:56 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

All friends here and the beauty of a more adult internet comment section is it’s fine to disagree.
      Let’s go deeper tomorrow. Aliens, Illuminati, and mind control!

• runningunnin.454
      12:07 pm May 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m not going to insult anyone, either; but, BP, I feel you’re not interested in the JFK thing because you didn’t live through it. I did, and I can tell you it was a stressful, depressing, and world shattering time.
      My only question now, is why did Trump feel releasing the documents would be detrimental to national security, and event that happened 56 years ago?
      The only answer could be the American peoples’ loss of faith in the federal government.

• StillBP
      12:20 pm May 9, 2019 Permalink

you’re right, rg, I didn’t live through it so I don’t really care that much. Not saying you shouldn’t, just saying I’m not wasting my time bantering about something I don’t care about. I wasn’t here for the moon landing either but I do care about that somewhat. But I’m happy to walk away now, we can believe different things and still not be enemies! Same team, different opinions yall!

• runningunnin.454
      1:09 pm May 9, 2019 Permalink

You’re right, BP; we’re all Cats, and no harm in a little disagreement. I couldn’t vote in ’60, and JFK probably would not have had my vote; but, I guess I’m not over that November day and the following week. It sure turned the world upside down.
      Peace.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

My (possibly) unpopular opinion: I would much rather watch a UK Basketball game in Memorial than I would in Rupp, even if I had lower arena seats. The atmosphere is just too sleepy in Rupp.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

RCF, we had the old folks back in the Memorial days, too; they would turn around and glare at you if you yelled. But, it was a great place to watch the game. I was ALWAYS in the first row of student section…so I was glared at often. Hah.

7. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:21 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Shannon believes Pitino didn’t know? Seriously??

8. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Unpopular opinion: When he was at UK, Pitino was a better coach than Cal. Now don’t get me wrong, on a personal level Cal is a much more likable dude and a better human being than Pitino, but from about 93 up until he left, Pitino absolutely had UK on top of the mountain and no one was getting close to us. Cal had a helluva run from 2011-2015, but we have just not been as dominant since. Some of that is due to the changing climate in college basketball and not Cal’s fault, and who knows if Pitino would have continued his streak if he had stayed.

• Realme
      10:28 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I have tried to find arguments against that for my conversations with Eeyore, but failed to do so. I don’t know that Pitino would be way ahead, but can’t honestly say Cal has been superior.

• J-Dub421
      10:31 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

We had a really good run under Pitino those last few years, but I think there’s more parity in college basketball now. Also, Cal wins more games per season. Pitino had all the talent too and probably should have had more than one title as well.

10:35 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Definitely should have beat duke in 92′, I’m not going to hold the AZ championship game against him, that was a total screw job.

• StillBP
      11:27 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I think if Pitino were as good as the Pitino arguers say, he would have won more at Louisville than 1, which he cheated to get. He was there like 17 years (guessing, don’t feel like googling). Perhaps you can get better players at UK than Lville, but if he’s so much better than Cal, he should win more than 1 at Loserville.

• StillBP
      11:28 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

oh my bad you said when he was at UK…like, in the first sentence LOL. Sorry

• Realme
      11:44 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Yes, important distinction there. ๐Ÿ™‚ Pre and post syphilis zombie Pitino era.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      2:53 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Pitino could recruit at Kentucky and 1 and done wasn’t a thing. At Suckville he could barely recruit cheating and didn’t understand how to compete when to many teams just reload. Yet he still consistently challenged us and made it to the tourney on pure coaching as opposed to talent.

9. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:30 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Popluar opinion and on ESPN, former dukie Kyrie Irving’s failed leadership tells the story of the Celtics’ failed season, also Jason Tatum is on that team.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

And, Terry Rozier said, “I sacrificed the most of anybody on the team”. He really threw his team mates under the bus.

• Realme
      10:34 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Rozier did look like he kept trying way longer than his teammates.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I’ve long thought Irving was overrated. He has good games, but he can’t carry a team himself, and tends to fold under pressure.

10. Realme
    10:31 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

No coach with a title is a failure, that’s idiotic. However, Cal can’t be on that top tier with the greats until he gets another.

11. They didn’t tear down Turner Field. Georgia State U took it over.

12. TPACAT
    11:39 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like Matt just discovered olโ€™ Sheri is a Dim since heโ€™s still praising her…

13. runningunnin.454
    11:44 am May 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m a fan of the double bird; but, you have to take both hands off the steering wheel.

14. That song “There is Love” has to be one of the 70s songs.

Oh, never mind, I thought he meant songs IN the wedding, not the reception.