KSR Show Thread, 5/8: Tune in to KSR!

Tune in to Kentucky Sports Radio radio for two hours of fun with Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon The Dude. They are back in studio for this morning’s show.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

64 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/8: Tune in to KSR!

1. ClutchCargo
    9:59 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Happy National Outdoor Intercourse Day, everyone!

• runningunnin.454
      10:02 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Song of the day is by the Beatles, “Why Don’t We Do It In The Road”.

• Realme
      10:02 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Too bad I have to work today I guess. JK

• J-Dub421
      10:13 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Ummm… Enjoy getting busy, I guess.

• ClutchCargo
      10:16 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

The outdoor part is going to be a deal breaker for the wife, I’m pretty sure. So it looks like I won’t be celebrating.

• J-Dub421
      10:18 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Open a window o the bedroom?

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

*to. My coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Hmmm, I have an outdoor landscaping project to get finished. Maybe I can multitask. 😀

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

What are the odds that Florida leads the nation in celebrating this day?

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

RCF, just be careful bending over. Somebody might get the wrong idea on this day.

• Realme
      10:30 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

lol

• You guys are horrible. Is there a way to do a blushing face with the keyboard here? haha

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

“Oh honey, can you help me with the weeding?” 😀 😀

• StillBP
      10:47 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

RCF you just missed World Naked Gardening Day. It’s the first Saturday of May, which coincided with Derby this year.

• StillBP
      10:48 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Actually I guess it coincides w Derby every year, right? Isn’t Derby always the 1st Sat in May? As a Kentuckian I should know that already.

• I thought it was bad enough that every day is national green bean day, or ice cream day, or corn on the cob day.

• runningunnin.454
      10:58 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Outdoorsman takes on a whole new meaning.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

StillBP, maybe they should have put National Outdoor Intercourse Day on Derby Day – lots of people in the infield would probably comply.

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Naked Gardening Day could be a problem around the rose bushes. And be careful with those hedge trimmers!

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Take care not to bump anybody; you’ll get DQ’d.

• Realme
      11:08 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Who gets to decide all the dumb holidays? Calendar printers?

• ClutchCargo
      11:29 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

rg, I could be wrong, but I think bumping somebody is how you win. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, is someone supposed to call “riders up!” beforehand? (I’m just loaded with bad puns today. 😀 )

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

According to Drew, the past Derby winners will be partaking in the holiday. 😉

• Realme
      11:40 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

This thread is one for the archives. We can pull it back out on the next national KSR Show Thread Day.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Oh, excuse me; didn’t mean to bump you.

• ClutchCargo
      11:58 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

RCF, for some reason I have “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” in my head now.

2. J-Dub421
    10:17 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

On the one hand Les Miles is a really good coach. On the other hand, he shouldn’t be ranked ahead of Stoops right now because he hasn’t coached in a couple of years.

• ClutchCargo
      10:21 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I’m actually ok with Miles being ranked ahead of Stoops, I guess. But some of those other guys? I just don’t see it. It’s about as dumb as those basketball rankings done today for the 2019-20 season.

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I don’t really care that he’s ahead of Stoops, but again Miles hasn’t coached a game in like two years, so why is he even on the list at all right now? It’s like ranking Bobby Knight on a list of current coaches.

• ClutchCargo
      10:27 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

He is the HC at Kansas, so it’s fair to include him. I doubt he has forgotten how to coach during his time off. But really, the whole exercise of even putting this thing together just seems pointless.

• And he did win a natty at LSU. We’ll see how he does at KU. They are perennially bad in football, but Mark Mangino did win there for a while, then they went back to being Kansas.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

He just got hired at Kansas though. I don’t think he’s coached a game there yet.

3. ClutchCargo
    10:19 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

That ranking of college football coaches seems awfully random.

4. Brown actually won 10 games like 3 times at Troy. I’m all in with MJ on Muschamp and the UL guy.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

We walloped U of L last season at their place. (I was there, it was fun!) Satterfield being ranked ahead of Stoops is an insult.

• Realme
      10:22 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Wasn’t Stoops SEC coach of the year? Should have been if he wasn’t. Like Ryan said, they won’t give Stoops any credit, because that would be like giving Ky Football credit.

• runningunnin.454
      10:28 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Yep, AP SEC Coach of the Year.

• Don’t even get me started on the Muschamp thing. I know Deebo got hurt 1 year we played them, but 5 in a row and people still think he’s better than Stoops? Gimme a break!

Now, I will say/ask this: do you think some of those writers (or whoever this is) are holding the legendary Uncover 2 defense against Stoops?

• Oh, and need I remind them that he did next to nothing at Florida even with all that in-state talent he was in the middle of?

• Of course he did continue the streak against us. lol

• ClutchCargo
      11:18 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

It was more like WE continued the streak of finding a way to lose to UF. But I’m sure you get that already.

5. Realme
    10:20 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Is Matt always this shrill, or am I just grumpy today? 😛

• J-Dub421
      10:22 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Matt gets a bit squeaky when he gets worked up.

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Both, probably. Shrill is right, though.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I personally liked the Fake Barney version of the Lorde “Royal” song – “Crown Royal”, devoted to University Six fans. 🙂

7. Realme
    10:42 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t realize Stoops wasn’t even 40 yet.

• Realme
      10:44 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha never mind, 39th place on the list. Doh!

8. Realme
    10:56 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Matt’s position that the Derby winner has an obligation to run in the whichever race is next seems silly to me.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Agree. It’s an extension of his thinking that he needs to tell people what to think and how to feel. There is a lot that goes into a decision to enter whatever race, and they don’t owe us anything.

9. Hey, some of you saw my comment about this the other day. Doing research on melanoma and sunscreens and such, I posted that I didn’t know until the other day that Bob Marley had died from melanoma. The thing is, I made the comment on the post with the Josh Paschal interviews. I made the comment before I knew they actually talked about it on The Today Show. Haha.

Anyway, my surgical oncologist wants me wearing sunscreen EVERY day (one more ablution to perform in the morning…ugh). Do any of you guys use a sunscreen that is unscented? I cannot STAND that coconut smell, and some sunscreens are also like Crisco and Gorilla Glue mixed. I’ve Googled in and a lot of the brands that are unscented and not greasy aren’t always available on the shelf, so I may have to go the Amazon route.

• Realme
      11:07 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I’m allergic to sunscreen, so I just try to limit my exposure. Probably the sensitive / baby formulas that have a lot less ingredients would be your best bet. Or you could walk around with an umbrella like my Dad did after being treated for a different skin cancer.

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I have always liked the Kroger branded sunscreen – I usually use their SPF 30. It doesn’t have much of a scent at all, and it isn’t oily like some of them. Downside is that you may have to apply it more often. It is one of the few sunscreens I can use on my face that won’t make it break out.

My sister had a melanoma lesion taken off her shoulder years ago. She is an avid golfer, so I know she has to be careful with the sunscreen. I guess you just get used to it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

… and you probably won’t get a lot of sympathy from the ladies on this thread when you talk about another task to perform in the morning. 😉

• I learned way more than I ever thought I would know doing my research. One thing I found out is that if you buy sunscreen with zinc and other minerals, it’s far fewer chemicals. The downside is that it has a white sheen to it, although not near as much as that thick zinc paste that surfer dudes used to wear on their noses.

There is a brand called Blue Lizard that has zinc, and it’s unscented, and one site it’s not too greasy, so I may try it. I also saw a store brand at Walgreens that is unscented. We don’t have Kroger in Montgomery. The nearest one is in Auburn.

Oh, one more thing I found out: most add fragrance not just to smell like the beach so to speak. It’s because the chemically sunscreens smell like rubber tires if you don’t. So I guess you’ll smell like a Firestone store with some. Ha!

• And you are right RCF!!!

• Incidentally, Blue Lizard is available at Walmart. It has a lid that changes colors with the temperature to alert you when it’s time to reapply (only if the bottle is in the sun though I think). I think they have a kid’s version too.

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

I became acutely aware of melanoma when my daughter was diagnosed out of the blue at the age of 13. I can definitely sympathize with what Josh Pascal’s family has had to deal with.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

Wow, Clutch, that is very scary. So young! I hope she is doing well.

• Wow, that is awful. I pray she’s doing well now.

• ClutchCargo
      12:01 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

Thanks. The surgery to remove the lesion got it all and there was no further treatment needed. But it was a rough couple of weeks leading up to the surgery, and then to wait for the results of the biopsy done on nearby lymph nodes. Just has to get checked every 3 months or so now.

10. TPACAT
    11:24 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

So the Republicans are doing “opposition research” on Matt. That’s called “politics”. He just has to hope that it’s actually true, unlike the Democrat’s “Steele Dossier”. How ironic…

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am May 8, 2019 Permalink

There’s plenty of $h!t being slung by both sides, so nothing surprises me. And it’s getting worse every year.

• TPACAT
      12:52 pm May 8, 2019 Permalink

True, RCF. It’s just “rich” that he acts like it’s only the evil Mitch McConnell, Trump, and the Republicans doing it…