KSR Show Thread, 5/7: Join in on the fun

Wakey, wakey, KSR fans! It’s a Tuesday morning, which means it’s just about time for Matt Jones and the gang to hit the radio airwaves. Today, they’ll talk Beau Allen’s commitment, more Kentucky Derby controversy and one of the best “yearbook quotes” of the year.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Maggie Davis

I love sports, podcasts, long walks on the beach and Twitter (@MaggieDavisKSR)

52 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/7: Join in on the fun

1. The dice are tolling on the 2020 football class!

2. I can whisper, I can yell
    But I know, yeah I know, yeah I know
    I’m just talking to myself
    Talking to myself
    Talking to myself
    But I know, yeah I know, yeah I know
    I’m just talking to myself

3. After yesterday Ryan should be the one running instead of Matt. lol

• Realme
      10:30 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I’d vote for Ryan. Imagine all the hilarious news stories we’d get.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:50 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Imagine being the person in charge of damage control.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:42 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Read the article on top three recruit Jalen Johnson; how in the world are these kids still considering Arizona? Baffling, is the money still dropping from the sky?

• I guess he got a strong donkey offer.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:46 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Heard on the Leach show that RJ Hampton is probably going to KU. Again, WHY?

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Sean Miller is probably going to get fired eventually, and AZ will likely end up on probation. But, hey, whatever floats your boat.

• Realme
      10:54 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I never understood why players would still want to play for Pitino after his cheating and scandals, but they did.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:49 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Oh my God, my ears are bleeding.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:49 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Oh my God, my ears are bleeding. Stop it.

7. Realme
    10:57 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Ugh, when will the election be over so we can stop having callers bring it up and get Matt talking about it? This is getting so old.

• runningunnin.454
      11:01 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Tell me, what is it about lawyers that they think they know everything, and can save us from ourselves?

• Yeah, I always say that I can understand that if you’re interested in law it’s kind of natural to be drawn to politics, but we have WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many lawyers in our legislative bodies, from town council to DC.

The way this country was started, the idea was you could be a congressman if you were a butcher, baker, or candlestick maker, not just a rich attorney or businessman. Even though I don’t agree with AOC on anything, I don’t criticize her, like some conservatives do, for going straight from bar tending to congress.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Lawyers are 0.6% of American adult population; current congress is 41% lawyers.

• J-Dub421
      11:28 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

AOC has a degree in economics from Boston University. She’s a normal person with a normal background. We need more people like her and fewer multi-millionaires and billionaires who are out of touch with the lives of the vast majority of Americans.

• RealCatsFan
      11:34 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

What we have way too many of is career politicians. These were supposed to be temporary gigs, according the the founding fathers. Government for the people, by the people…

8. RealCatsFan
    10:59 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I’m waiting for the Penny to get tarnished in Memphis. I think he will have some minor success in the weak league they play in, but he will flame out in the NCAA tournament.

9. J-Dub421
    11:02 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

With the recruits Penny has coming in, he better have a 30+ wins and make a minimum of an Elite Eight. If not, the grand Penny experiment is over as soon as it started.

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

He has a shot at 30 wins considering he’s in a weak conference; Elite Eight, eh not so much.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Based on how bad Memphis was last year in that same weak conference, I don’t know if being in a weak conference will be enough.

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

We will also find out real fast how good Penny is with ego management. And not just Wiseman’s, but several other dudes, and of course, his own!

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

DJ Jeffries is going to be a fly in the ointment.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:10 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Stoops is not going anywhere soon; he’s already in the strongest football conference, and has opportunity for quality wins every year.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I think the idea of turning UK into a football powerhouse and a consistent winner in the toughest football conference continues to grow on Stoops. I thinks he wants to build his legacy, and may just stay here. He and his staff and their families all really like it here. I think Stoops could be in it for the long haul.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I think we are still quite a ways away from where we could be called a “powerhouse”, but it looks like Stoops has us firmly on the path to being a very respectable program that can surprise the big boys now and then and possibly compete for an SEC East crown and a major bowl berth every few years. And considering where the UK Football program was during that miserable, rainy afternoon when we were being pounded by Vanderbilt with 17 people in the stands, I will take that all day long!

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Good points; I agree.

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think we’re there yet, but I think that’s what he’s building towards.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:29 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Have you all seen that shot that Jamaal Murray hit from BEHIND the backboard? Unfrigginbelievable.

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

And that team with Ulis and Murray on it was one foolish NBA decision from being a contender. Dakari, wtf were you thinking?

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

It was. Also, Murray was our best player and the notion that Cal held him back is ridiculous. Murray had the greenest of green lights.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I saw it live, and didn’t believe it. I remember Givens shot one from the corner against Dook in the ’78 title game; it grazed the corner of the backboard and…..swish.

• Realme
      11:40 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Barkley doesn’t really think that, he just loves to jab at Cal (in a good natured way).

12. RealCatsFan
    11:38 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Is this Chris Tomlin on the radio or The Penguin?