KSR Show Thread 5/6: Boyle and Bracken County Spotlight

Welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss the latest developments with Kentucky’s frontcourt, some football commitments, and shine the KSR County Spotlight on Boyle and Bracken Counties. If you live in either of those areas, give us a call to share a unique or fun fact about your county. Danvillians, make me proud!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

43 Comments for KSR Show Thread 5/6: Boyle and Bracken County Spotlight

1. runningunnin.454
    9:58 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

What you gonna do, when Grandma rock better’n you,

2. Realme
    10:07 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Nice!

3. ClutchCargo
    10:17 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

So my 13 year old just came down and told me about this “Murder hornet” that has made its way to the U.S. from (wait for it…) Asia. Has the ability to decimate honey bee populations, and this thing is effing terrifying to look at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-hornets-honeybees-united-states/

• Realme
      10:20 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Ack!%$ did you read people’s descriptions of the sting? I read an article this weekend and figured you guys would already know about them. No thank you, Mother Nature.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, supposedly they can sting right through a bee suit. I put another link on my post. Damn Asia, what the hell did we ever do to you? Keep your plague and pestilence to yourselves, please. Hopefully this thing will turn out to be overblown and they will get it under control.

• Realme
      10:25 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Someone on Twitter had a funny / interesting question. Do any of our species invade and try to destroy other continents’ ecosystems?

• RealCatsFan
      10:37 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I kind of wondered about that myself, Realme. Could we send them some of the creatures that come out at WalMart late at night?

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Let’s send them those N. American Toilet Paper Hoarders who have so decimated our store shelves.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:19 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

And they kill honey bees by ripping their heads off and eating their thoraxes. Yick!

4. Realme
    10:18 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t heard anyone in charge of deciding indicate they won’t play without fans.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

The latest home improvement project to kick my ass was staining 60 feet of picket fence. Took two coats, and as a bonus got to battle wasps and carpenter bees. Had to fend them off several times with my paintbrush – there are probably a fed cedar colored wasps flying around my back yard now. But thankfully no murder hornets.

• ClutchCargo
      10:21 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I see we’re on the same page once again. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, and I’m hurting today, but not from bee stings. I’m just not built for all that bending over and crouching down.

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Don’t have those hornets; but, a vixen red fox and two kits have taken up residence in our woods…she screamed all night.

• Realme
      10:27 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I seriously started to save an article to link today, and then I was like, nah, RCF and Clutch will already know.

• Realme
      10:29 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

That’s so cool RG. Except for the screaming, lol.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:20 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

RCF, couldn’t you use a spray gun to lighten the load a bit?

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I thought about that, cg. But I would have to do something about the overspray on all the plants near the fence – it surrounds our garden. And I would use a lot more stain that way. Started with a roller and brushing it in, but figured out it was faster just to use the brush. But it looks really good, so I guess it was worth it. But the next time I am paying someone to do it. 🙂

6. Realme
    10:23 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Why would anyone want to “sing” that, and isn’t Tik tok just Vine?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:22 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I think it has basically taken the place of Vine. I don’t know what appeal it has that Vine didn’t, although I think the videos are a bit longer.

7. ClutchCargo
    10:32 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m not feeling all that warm and fuzzy about January/February college football. I wouldn’t be able to get away on Saturdays during that time of year because of work.

• Realme
      10:35 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Well dvr’ing football is better than not football. But I still hope for some games for tv audiences before they can allow crowds.

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I guess my thing is they already have my money for season tickets. I would hate to be on the hook for tickets I can’t use.

• Realme
      11:07 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Oh I see. That’s complicated. They should accommodate you, but who knows.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:39 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Ahhh, part of me regrets that my daughter isn’t going to Centre, but I can’t really blame her for not wanting to incur 90K in student loan debt. She felt like the Mahurin Honors College at WKU was a better fit for her, and I’m sure she will excel there.

• Realme
      10:42 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

She’ll do great. Centre Schmentre. And perhaps even get to GO there this fall. If UK will open back up I’m sure they will too.

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

John Carpenter went to WKU; his father chaired the music department. He did okay…directed some of the best cult movies of all time, and composed the music for the films as well.

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Can you forget this piano riff?

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Interesting factoid, rg. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

Apparently University-6 has announced that ho parties will resume at Minardi Hall this fall. 😉

9. Realme
    11:09 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

No Danville isn’t eastern ky. Why was that a question.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I have not seen The Last Dance at all – keep forgetting it is on. Can it be found on demand somewhere? I would like to see it.

• Realme
      11:56 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

We have it recorded but haven’t watched any yet.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:35 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

So I was driving in listening to WFPK this morning, and this gem came on. 😉 I just remember the bizarre video for the song that used to play on MTV. My HS buddy and I used to laugh at the lead singer singing out of the side of his mouth with the facial tiks.

12. Realme
    11:54 am May 4, 2020 Permalink

I am team Jerry about the split screen. It’s annoying.