KSR Show Thread 5/29: What will EJ Montgomery do?

ej montgomery

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Pillar Golf Outing at Harmony Landing in Louisville. Tune in to hear the latest on EJ Montgomery and Kerry Blackshear Jr. ahead of tonight’s NBA Draft withdrawal deadline.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

58 Comments for KSR Show Thread 5/29: What will EJ Montgomery do?

1. ClutchCargo
    9:59 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Mornin’ ya’ll. I’m hopefully back from not being able to comment for several days.

• Realme
      10:07 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Welcome back. Don’t think you missed much.

• ClutchCargo
      10:15 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t miss anything but the ability to respond to things like wishing chode was a word. Ha! It’s like I’m blocked from commenting except on my phone. And even then, only under certain conditions.

• Realme
      10:18 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t go look it up. Figured I probably didn’t want to know. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

It’s an alternate word for turd, right?

• StillBP
      10:25 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, I too can only comment on my phone. So annoying. When I type a comment on my computer it acts like it’s posting but the comment disappears. Kinda hard to act like you’re working when you’re on your phone!
      J-Dub, it’s in reference to a certain type of penis, I’ll leave it at that lol

• Realme
      10:31 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m on my computer using Chrome with and ad blocker and it’s normal except for the missing like button.

• ClutchCargo
      10:34 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I have the same setup, Realme. It’s like it’s specific to IP address, if I had to guess.

• I meant to post this here and not below. I can’t comment with Chrome, but I can with Firefox. Weird. I was able to use Chrome yesterday. The only reason I even have FF is because it is the best browser for Blackboard, which is what we use for online courses.

• StillBP
      10:50 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m using Chrome on my phone and computer but only phone comments post. Maybe my work has something to do w it, idk. Kinda weird that they wouldn’t block the site but are blocking commenting.

• runningunnin.454
      11:20 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

StillBP, I want to know how you knew that word, chode. I was in the Army, and never heard that word.
      Ha ha, and JD, you’re wrong, I made the mistake of looking it up.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Now I’m afraid to look it up.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

JD, you’re not fooling anyone…we know you’re going to look it up. Hah.

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I might, but I’m still scared.

• StillBP
      12:42 pm May 29, 2019 Permalink

Lol rg, I have 3 older brothers. Pretty sure they called each other that regularly

2. Realme
    10:09 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

If EJ comes back, he should get a lot more minutes. Then he will either become what we think he can be, or turn into Skal. I suspect he doesn’t want to come back. Hope we won’t all be wondering until midnight.

3. Realme
    10:20 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Someone please go to KSBar at 3 am in ghost costumes.

• J-Dub421
      10:22 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

That would be epic. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

That’s exactly the kind of prank I have always enjoyed doing in real life. Probably enjoyed it a little too much when my younger brother and I were kids. 🙂

4. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Finally, KSR is right in my back yard, and I have to go into work.

5. ClutchCargo
    10:32 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

The FGL commercial grates on my nerves almost as much as the Adam Edelen jingle. And it’s louder than the show, so I have to turn it down.

• There are a couple local commercials for businesses here in Montgomery that come on during the break and they’re always ear splitting. At least I’m not using headphones, but it’s still very annoying if someone walks into my office.

6. ClutchCargo
    10:38 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Matt, please keep your KSR curse off my Reds.

7. ClutchCargo
    10:54 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Yes, the guy should definitely go to jail for holding the Amazon delivery person at gunpoint.

• Matt’s a lawyer, and I can’t believe he even asked that question unless it’s just a time filler, which it may be since it’s a slow time of year.

• Realme
      10:58 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, for sure. What would be the argument that doing that was okay?

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I think he just wanted to see what Ryan would say.

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m no lawyer, and I didn’t hear the story; but, holding someone against their will is…kidnapping; regardless of the length of time.

• Don’t some states or locales refer to it as False Imprisonment? Not that it matters…I was just pretty sure I’ve heard that term before. Either way, it’s obviously illegal to hold someone at gunpoint just because they annoyed you. Again, maybe MJ is grasping at straws to fill time in the summer.

• Maybe the False Imprisonment terminology is used only if it’s police that do it.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Holding someone at gunpoint and forcing them to do manual labor is definitely a jailable offense.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Matt, get your story straight. The dude who held the Amazon driver at gunpoint and made him rake his gravel driveway was in Lagrange. Again, my back yard.

9. Pasqual Perez was actually more early to mid 80s with the Braves.

As for the legal question he just asked, is that even a question? Isn’t that what the legal eagles call “False imprisonment” or something like that?

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

cg, wasn’t Perez the one who got called up from the minor leagues and drove like 6 times around I-285 trying to get to the ballpark?

• That was him! He had been up for a little while, but had just gotten his license that day, and he didn’t know where to turn off. They often call that road “The Perimeter” in GA (at least back then…I’m not sure about now), so after that he was forevermore known as “Perimeter Pascual”. I think it’s spelled with a C and not Q.

Anyway, they did a very funny commercial about that. A couple Braves players (Rick Camp I believe and someone else) were promoting that local Krystal’s had Braves hats or something, and one had a road map out and said “Hey, we have to tell the fans how to get to Krystal!” Then Pascual walks into camera view and says “Oh, I know how to get to Krystal! You get on the Perimter and you go around, and around, and around…” Meanwhile he’s doing circles with his finger.

• ClutchCargo
      11:34 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

There were some really messed up dudes on those bad Braves teams. Then there was squeaky clean Dale Murphy. Ha!

• BTW, I’ve looked for that commercial before on the YooToob but no dice. Couldn’t find it today either. I wonder if TBS has it in their archives because that’s where I saw it. It may have still been WTCG at the time.

• Oh, even when they were bad the broadcasts were entertaining! Skip Caray saying “A lot of fans disguised as empty seats tonight”.

The best was when they were promoting what was coming on next, and it was some bad movie, especially if it was a Godzilla movie or something like that, and the announcers would be poking fun at how bad it was. I guess management didn’t care since it was a late movie, the Braves were bad, and most people wouldn’t watch anyway.

10. Realme
    11:17 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

So for the sake of gamblers, Matt & Drew want coaches to be unable to keep injuries secret from other teams?

• ClutchCargo
      11:27 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m not completely opposed to all gambling, but this type of discussion makes me think it’s a bad idea.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:45 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Not opposed to gambling but other than revenue I see no good coming from it.

11. “I was just a widduhl smawww fwyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!”

12. ClutchCargo
    11:40 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

LSU players must be getting strong-ass salaries.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:49 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Emmert and NCAA have made a mockery of college recruiting. If you get caught we’ve got your back…unless you’re a Kentucky school or you coached at UMass or Memphis, then we’ll punish you guilty or not.

13. Realme
    11:44 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

My aunt who had bariatric surgery didn’t drink with food, didn’t want it taking up what little space she had for food.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

If you’ve had bariatric surgery, you literally can’t drink while eating, per doctor’s orders.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:44 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

They should have bailed Ryan out to play in the golf scramble.

15. J-Dub421
    11:47 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Ew, the Godfather, gross. I’m pretty sure you can get an STD just driving past that place.

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am May 29, 2019 Permalink

Been there for a bachelor party or three, killed those brain cells and bathed in alcohol.