KSR Show Thread 5/28: Clinton County Spotlight

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will shine the spotlight on Clinton County, so if you’re from that beautiful area of our state, give them a call to share a unique fact about the place you call home.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

32 Comments for KSR Show Thread 5/28: Clinton County Spotlight

1. ClutchCargo
    10:01 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I’m here to see if the guys pronounce “Al Benny” correctly. 🙂

2. runningunnin.454
    10:15 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

That police officer is a cruel man with no regard for human life; that aside, how dumb do you have to be to ignore the fact that cell phones are everywhere. I remember a quote from somewhere…”have you ever seen a jury watch a video tape”?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:18 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, it’s like that officer was deaf and blind or something. I’m thinking “That’s a human being’s neck down there and you’re acting like you’re just working in the yard on a kneeling pad”.

• Realme
      10:20 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Agree watching that guy’s face makes it clear he is a sicko. What I can’t understand is being a fellow officer and just standing there doing nothing to stop it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Also, there were other officers there, and not one tried to stop it..I just don’t get it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

And it’s not like they guy just murdered five people with a knife or something – he was accused of writing a bad check! And I think even that was disproven after the fact.

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, his fellow officer just standing there is the real head scratcher for me. The guy kneeling may have been legitimately upset over something, but somebody should have stepped in at that point.

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I can understand how an officer can let his emotions get the better of him and be too forceful with a suspect who has assaulted him or committed a heinous crime – particularly against children or the elderly. In those cases, I can kind of understand the urge to want to rearrange a criminal’s face. But the videos show that this guy didn’t resist at all! This just looks like hatred, pure and simple, and that is deeply disturbing coming from someone sworn to protect us.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I have to believe that murder charges will be forthcoming.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Murder charges, but will probably get amended down to manslaughter or something similar.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:36 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

He may have resisted arrest beforehand, but at that point, he was subdued, and so it was excessive.

As for murder charges, I’m no lawyer like Uncle Matt, but I would think manslaughter (and maybe even involuntary) would be the more legal charge. I could be wrong of course, and it also depends on the fact that this can vary state to state.

• Bluehender
      12:22 pm May 28, 2020 Permalink

It’s murder pure and simple. They should be charged…

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:16 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I hate to always have a knee-jerk reaction to such things, but I ain’t holdin’ my breath on Sarr being approved to play.

Having said that, if he is granted a waiver, how much of a bump in the rankings do we get? Top 10? Top 5?

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

As Matt mentioned, they granted a waiver to Jonny Juzang, so if they deny Olivier, there is an obvious agenda with the NCAA.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Three UK guys were granted waivers; Quade, Jemarl, and now Juzang. And what was Quade’s reason for transferring…certainly not going closer to home?
      If they deny Sarr, the bias is obvious and blatant.

• Realme
      10:24 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Yeah I don’t get why Baker and Juzang got waivers, tbh.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I’m not even going to base this on what Juzang got or didn’t get. It just makes sense to me that he should get the waiver based on the timing of his coach getting fired and him delaying his NBA decision at the request of the school.

• Realme
      10:28 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Quade too. Forgot him. All 3 were obviously really only leaving over playing time.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Yes, your coach getting fired (and all the other issues surrounding that…the timing, he had talked Sarr into not going pro apparently) is a much better reason than PT or being close to home when there’s no family medical issue. However, I still ain’t holdin’ my breath.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Nope, John Wooden got players because he knew Sam Gilbert. 🙂

5. runningunnin.454
    10:28 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Someone send Matt some camouflage cargo shorts and a camouflage bush hat…please. Me, I always liked the Tiger Stripe camouflage.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

A lot of guys are just outdoorsmen and simply like the way it looks. Or they have a lot of camo stuff and are just grabbing whatever is in the drawer. But yeah, there are also the Walter Mitty types who are on some kind of Soldier of Fortune trip. I knew a guy like that in college – he never served, but liked to dress up in camo and always had his nose in a gun or soldier magazine. He was a bit of an azz – liked to start crap with people. Bully type.

6. ClutchCargo
    10:37 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

If it wasn’t for sports it wouldn’t be socially acceptable for a grown man to wear a shirt with another grown man’s name on the back. Or smack another grown man on the butt. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:57 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I remember Hank Aaron was being roasted when I was a kid (one of those Dean Martin roasts I guess) and Joey Bishop was joking about the whole butt slapping thing with baseball players and coaches. I don’t remember what he said but Hank seemed to think it was funny as I recall.

7. Laker Cat 18
    10:38 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

This jersey talk has got me thinking. Who’s jerseys did you have growing up? Here are some of mine:

Brett Favre
    Peyton Manning
    Penny Hardaway
    Jamal Mashburn
    Nomar Garciaparra

8. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Matt sounds like Harry Carey when he is doing his impression of the drunk guy saying “Albany”.

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

It reminds me of the skit on Bob and Tom when a drunk Harry Carey was hitting on Marge Schott (owner of the Reds at the time). lol

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Those guys are pretty corny, but some of the stuff they did was pretty funny (if a bit juvenile – hence my liking them.) I used to like the ads they did for Ed Pinkley Ford. 🙂

9. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

I have jumped off Seventy Six Falls a couple of times. Beer muscles at work. Second time I didn’t tuck properly and jacked my jaw and chipped a tooth, which meant a trip to the dentist. That was the end of my cliff jumping days.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:57 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Sounds like our boy Zion has lawyered up. Big surprise.

• ClutchCargo
      11:58 am May 28, 2020 Permalink

Wonder at what point he rolls over on Count K? This could get interesting.