KSR Show Thread 5/20: Lexington Golf Scramble

Today’s show is coming to you live from the University Club in Lexington ahead of this afternoon’s golf scramble and Ryan’s Putt for Prison. Tune in to hear the gang preview a big day, which also includes five-star Juston Rogers’ announcement.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

45 Comments for KSR Show Thread 5/20: Lexington Golf Scramble

1. Realme
    10:00 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Phew! Saw a thread this weekend where they decided Matt is a sadist for putting Ryan in pretend jail. Ryan is a functional adult who agreed to this, geez. That said it would be hilarious if he made all 5 putts.

• runningunnin.454
      10:02 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Maybe not a sadist; but, certainly a 40 year old frat-boy, lol.

• Realme
      10:04 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

100% agree with that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:20 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, they kind of acted like Matt had somehow bullied Ryan into doing this. I don’t see it that way.

• Ryan would have been a great court jester a few hundred years ago. The problem is if he didn’t make King Matt laugh back then, he would have gotten a lot worse than a few days in a fake jail.

• So now admits he cheats. More fodder for McConnell! Haha. JK.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Off with his head!! lol

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

People go on Fear Factor (back in the day), Jerry Springer, American Idol, Survivor, etc. Idiots have been doing stupid stuff for money since the dawn of man.

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

rg, if I could pull off being a 50-year-old frat-boy, I would do it! 😀

Realme, if Ryan makes 5 putts, then Matt should have to be in jail! Ha!

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

RCF, and here is the best part, you have a head start, if you are among the very young at heart. Sinatra.
      But, Too old to rock n roll, too young to die. Jethro Tull

• ClutchCargo
      11:11 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Ok, so now Matt is inviting Kentucky Joe to come and spend time with Ryan in the cell. That’s cruel and unusual punishment.

• Ryan has to listen to him sing the whole time. LOL!!!

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

There, now they’re donating to charity for the missed putts. Everyone can be happy.

• Realme
      11:24 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Okay, maybe he is a sadist. Being a captive audience for Ky Joe would be hell.

2. So what time does Rogers announce? I got my KSR notification turned on to hear “Bang bang firepower!”

3. runningunnin.454
    10:17 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

How about that horse finishing the Preakness without his jockey? He beat one horse, and would have beaten two others if they hadn’t tried to catch him.
    Just galloping, and having a big ole time.

• Realme
      10:19 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t see it but sounds hilarious. I’d have been cheering for it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:49 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

We were cheering for him the whole time. Like I posted elsewhere, it may have been the most entertaining horse race in history. 😀

• RealCatsFan
      10:54 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

rg, that horse was not just running, he was COMPETING! He kept up pretty good with the field, but ended up next to last. But that jockey on the horse that finished last has some ‘splainig to do!

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Maybe the best part was that he took one additional victory lap around the track after the race. 😀

4. So I don’t give a rat’s behind about Game of Thrones, but did anyone here participate in the melt down about the “worst series ending of all time” that some fans are calling it? lol

• ukbradstith
      10:21 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

I heard on the radio this morning that millions are expected to call in to work today because of the finale. I don’t see how that is possible, but if it is, I’d fire my employee on the spot if they got that invested in a fictional tv show.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

I’m with you. I’m also looking forward to not hearing about GoT anymore, whenever that day may come.

• Is that for real? Ugh.

• Oh man, now they’re talking about it. Sorry I brought it up.

• ukbradstith
      10:25 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

The internet makes it seem like everyone watches it, when in reality it’s a fairly small number of the population. I’ve never watched an episode and it’s my least favorite show ever lol

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

I envy the people who have the time to sit around and watch TV. 🙂

5. So we still have no “Like” button. *sigh*

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Free the Like Button!

6. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Among the comments that I question the sincerity the most would have to include Matt saying “I love kids” or “I would be a great father.” 🙂

7. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Ha! Talking about Ryan doing prison workouts makes me want someone to put out a GIF with his head on Robert deNiro’s body when he was working out in his cell on Cape Fear.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

They need to put a cross and scales of justice tat on Ryan’s back!

• runningunnin.454
      11:08 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Cool Hand Ryan, hah.

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Can they stuff 52 boneless KSBar wings into him? 😉

• “My man says he can eat 50 wings he can eat 50 wings!!!”

Classic movie. “Nothin’ can be a pretty cool hand.”

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

cg, we studied “Cool Hand Luke” in my film study class in high school. Look for the cross as the recurring motif in the film, and Paul Newman’s character was a Christ figure. And that was a cool class for a high school kid to use as an elective. For the final, we got to make our own movie!

8. J-Dub421
    11:13 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Dear god, having to spend time with Kentucky Joe constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

9. Which is the very reason Matt put out the tweet. He wanted that reaction.

10. Realme
    11:27 am May 20, 2019 Permalink

Matt: acts like a fussy nag towards Ryan for an hour.

Ryan: “Actually I want to donate my proceeds to charity, including one in honor of you.”

11. rickwhitetx
    1:12 pm May 20, 2019 Permalink

7 first place barrels? really?