KSR Show Thread, 5/2: Tune in to KSR!

On today’s Kentucky Sports Radio radio show, the guys get ready for Derby weekend and Ryan Lemond updates the listeners on his training as Putt 4 Prison gets closer.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

59 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/2: Tune in to KSR!

1. Realme
    10:21 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

TV / radio personality, that doesn’t live in Ky, listens to KSR. I got nothing, but Matt can enjoy another chance to make sure we know he’s got a secret.

2. Realme
    10:29 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I’m enjoying this segment, One Rick Pitino To Make Matt Angry.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I could do without it. Most of the calls were dumb.

• Realme
      10:33 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I only liked how it was making him a little crazy.

3. J-Dub421
    10:31 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

All coaches make errors in games because they are human beings. If you think a coach is going to be perfect all the time, expect to be disappointed a lot.

• Realme
      10:33 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

This! Cal gets out coached sometimes. So does Count K, Hair Piece, Izzo, etc.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Wish some of those crazy volleyball mama bears would read this. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the replay of dooks 2012 loss to LeHigh is a perfect example that Count K gets outcoached. Wow, was that a SWEET year for basketball of what?

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

K got out coached all tournament long this year. Duke got lucky repeatedly to get into the Elite Eight. K had the top 3 players in the class and lost in the Elite Eight. Can you imagine if we had lost before the Final Four with Anthony Davis or KAT?? That’s what K just did.

• We almost did with KAT to be fair. I’m just glad Willie was fast enough to keep up with that guy and alter his shot.

• The Notre Dame guy.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Jerian Grant.

There’s always some luck involved in winning a title.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:31 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I would argue that K has been out coached in more big games than Cal. I can make a list if necessary.

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Cal is the only coach with a winning record against #1 ranked teams (having played at least 7 times).

4. Realme
    10:49 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see why any school would voluntarily punish themselves or their staff for wrongdoing after the NCAA let UNC cheat so very badly with no consequences. Just keep cheating and winning games, and refuse to do anything with the NCAA besides deny and delay.

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I think EVERY team in the NCAA should just start blatantly cheating their asses off in protest of UNCheat walking free.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I still think Memphis should sue.

• JTHinton
      11:35 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I agree, Jdub

5. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Oh wow, how can you not like “Money” by Pink Floyd? Yeah, I know it gets too much airplay, but that entire album is just epic. I assume this is the song they are talking about, right?

6. RealCatsFan
    10:52 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Brown school in Louisville is a very small K-12 school on Westport Rd.

A little disappointed that my kids’ alma mater Oldham County HS didn’t rank better, but they don’t get all the rich kids that North Oldham and South Oldham get. Makes a difference…

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I just get annoyed that they only rank the public schools.

• JTHinton
      11:36 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Same … was interested to see where LCA, LC, Trinity, And StX would fall on that list

7. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I hate the people who drive slow in the fast lane, especially the trucks that go side by side at 60 MPH so no one can pass them. But worse them those are the asshats who swoop up and ride your butt when there are 57 cars ahead of you in BOTH lanes moving at about the same speed. I’m sorry buddy, but everyone is not going to automatically move over to the slow lane and let you through just because you are driving a BMW or a Mercedes.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Those people are usually in SUV’s or minivans for me. People driving minivans full of kids drive like the biggest psychopaths I’ve ever seen.

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Well, in their defense, if you have ever driven an SUV full of kids, it will turn you into a psychopath! I think all minivans and SUV’s should be factory equipped with one of those power operated limo screens. Just one press of a button, and ZIP, you have glorious silence!

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

That is true. They still shouldn’t tailgate me when I’m doing 80.

• Heeeey, they’re just trying to get to volleyball practice! 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Crazy volleyball mom’s – I know them well. Married to one, in fact. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

You know, it’s funny – when someone tailgates me, it is usually going to have the opposite effect of what they intended. I will intentionally slow to the point where I am just a little bit ahead of the car next to me, just so I can look back and watch them lose their mind back there. Someday when I just don’t care anymore I am going to buy a big old F350 with very touchy brakes and a huge trailer hitch on the back and just nail the brakes on a tailgater. If anyone asks, a bunny ran out in the road in front of me and I didn’t want to hit it. 😉

Now if someone comes up fast and maintains a reasonably safe distance, and the lane ahead is clear and I have plenty of room to move over, I will gladly do it. But show me no respect, and you get none in return.

8. Don’t go on Springer. Here endeth the lesson.

• Having said that, Springer is a despicable person.

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Oh, Springer is absolutely terrible, but everyone knows this and they still agree to go on the show. Only trashy people go on Springer. I doubt there’s a lot of audience crossover between Springer and Jeopardy.

9. J-Dub421
    11:17 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Nothing good ever happens on Springer. It’s not Oprah, you aren’t getting a new car. Something bad will happen, everyone knows this. The guy chose to go on the show. Either someone’s cheating on someone, or the baby isn’t yours or it is yours. That’s Springer in a nutshell.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:18 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think Kerry Blackshear has received an invite, either…so far at least. Get him, Cal.

• Realme
      11:19 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Oooohh. Interesting.

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

If we can get him and Johnny Juzang, we’d be set up pretty well for next season.

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

True that.

11. Realme
    11:19 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I’m pretty sure there has been a post-Springer murder before too.

12. Realme
    11:21 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I haven’t decided what to do for Mother’s Day yet, but I know it won’t be Shari’s Berries. Hearing Matt say “pink shimmer sugar” makes me want to go Jerry Springer guest on someone.

13. Iamheasyouarehe
    11:40 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

I will never forgive Michael Vick for he treatment of animals, but that’s just me.

• runningunnin.454
      11:41 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Not just you.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:45 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

There’s something seriously wrong with people who are capable of doing the things he did and I don’t believe prison changed whatever that is in him.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

A lot of people are really terrible to animals, and I think we need much harsher punishments for animal abusers.

• Well the good book says that if I don’t forgive my fellow man my Father in heaven won’t forgive me. Of course, the Father requires repentance, among other things. Hopefully Vick has changed (I didn’t hear this conversation BTW…just catching up on the ST a bit).

14. Iamheasyouarehe
    11:46 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Matt didn’t know who parted the Red Sea? Hard to believe.

15. runningunnin.454
    11:47 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Queen, Pink Floyd?

16. RealCatsFan
    11:58 am May 2, 2019 Permalink

Maybe a more interesting question would be what if Cal had come the year prior and brought Derrick Rose with him?