KSR Show Thread, 5/16: Tune in now!

Get on over to whatever radio station broadcasts KSR in your area to hear Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon T. Dude on the airwaves for the next two hours.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

50 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/16: Tune in now!

1. Realme
    10:00 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Okay. I wasn’t here yesterday, but was dying to talk about this. Matt keeps strongly hinting that he thinks Turtle Head, or his campaign were behind the recent website hacks. Is that insane, or a real possibility?

• ClutchCargo
      10:11 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I guess anything is possible, but this is a stretch. Turtle Head has had many higher profile (potential) opponents than Matt who didn’t get attacked, so why bother now?

• ClutchCargo
      10:17 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Granted, kentuckysportsradio.com is a bigger part of Matt’s livelihood than a website was for those others, but still.

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Thought they said it came from France? Why would they care about a Kentucky election?

• StillBP
      10:22 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

hahaha yeah I can’t see Matt or this site being worth the time spent doing that. But anything is possible.

• Realme
      10:25 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I think they said it was routed through France, but could have come from anywhere. I’m with you guys, seems crazy, but he sounds very serious.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I would imagine if this was true, someone in Turtle Head’s camp paid some French hacker to do it. I just don’t see how there is enough incentive, as BP said.

• StillBP
      10:30 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

that’s because Matt thinks he’s more important than everyone else thinks he is.

• Realme
      10:40 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha BP true. Since you don’t listen, you’ll have missed when he said he’s not sure he can beat Mitch, but he thinks he is the one and only democrat that might be able to.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Turtle Head’s wife’s shipping company traffics cocaine, so anything is possible.

• StillBP
      11:03 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

He might be the one Democrat I wouldn’t want to beat him! haha

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I took the day off from work to shovel about 3 tons of gravel into my landscaping. today I am walking like an old man. Still have 2 tons left to go. But I was listening to KSR through my suffering with my trusty earbuds.

• ClutchCargo
      11:09 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I did that a couple of years ago, RCF. Shoveling gravel is up there with using a post hole digger for being more strenuous than it looks.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Oh, post hole diggers are great fun, especially when you hit rocks, roots, ot that stray buried electrical line! I know way too much about this stuff. At this point in my life, I would have hoped to be making enough money to pay someone else to do this stuff 🙁

• runningunnin.454
      11:16 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

RCF took the day off from work to shovel gravel, ha ha ha. Not my idea of recreation.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

They found 90 pounds of cocaine on a ship owned by his wife’s family shipping operation. I stand by what I said. And that’s not even getting into the fact that Mitch McConnell’s wife and her family own a multi million dollar shipping operation while she’s Secretary of Transportation. That’s a huge conflict of interest. Also, they base their company out of Liberia to avoid paying taxes, which is underhanded. Mitch McConnell cannot drop dead soon enough.

• ClutchCargo
      11:22 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Ok, I’m going all Dad mode here… when I put up my kids’ basketball goal I needed to dig a 3′ deep by 20′ wide hole in the ground. Complete with a buried layer of gravel from when the driveway was poured, and various large tree roots from where the lot was cleared. Lo and behold, I discovered the joys of a digging bar. Never again would I have to abuse my shoulders with a post hole digger now that I had this 15 lb steel bar with a chisel on one end. You just let the weight of the bar do the work with a little bit of downward force for going through rocks, etc. That sucker can blast right through anything and made short work of that hole.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

rg, I never claimed to be smart. And every time I went in the house to get water, I would see the dog laying on the couch. Sometimes she would let out a long moan or a yawn like she was exhausted and I was disturbing her. Sigh…

• StillBP
      11:27 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

In all fairness to the dog, you probably were disturbing her naps for your water breaks. Keep a cooler outside next time 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Love a good dog story; that’s hilarious.

• ClutchCargo
      11:47 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

rg, did you see that video of the golden retriever that howls with approval every time the owner throws a ball into a trash can, and groans when it doesn’t go in? It was posted on here not too long ago.

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Yep, good one.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:04 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

Snopes is not a good source for anything and I agree with J-Dub, Mitch has already lived too long by 20 yrs.

• RealCatsFan
      12:07 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

We like to say that she is has perfected the art of laziness.

• RealCatsFan
      12:09 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

Iam, my question is, what CAN we depend on as a solid, non-partisan source of facts? And please don’t say Fox News (or CNN).

• StillBP
      12:30 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

Lord, it’s ballsy to wish someone would just drop dead. I don’t like Mitch but I am not tempting karma like that. Good luck, J-Deb and Iam.

• StillBP
      12:30 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

lol J-Deb oops J-Dub

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:47 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

RealCats, I’m not saying what IS a good source but I can tell you snopes is not and I don’t trust any mainstream media sources as theyre all owned by 6 corporations and you should look to see who they are. BP, the corruption runs deep among the elite and if wishing those who traffic tons of drugs and get away with all the other evil deeds they do would drop dead is going to come back on me then so be it. It’s not like I’m wishing bad things for people who do good or at least do no evil.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:49 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

https://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6 Not sure how reliable this source is but all the results I’ve ever been able to find support this and I’ve looked long and hard at this.

2. Realme
    10:15 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

That’s funny that the participants have taken over KSR’s bowling league.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:22 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

See that Blackshear has worked out with the Spurs and Lakers. That’s not looking good.

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I’m mentally preparing myself for a fair amount of small ball next season.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I would love to get Blackshear, but yeah, it’s looking like he’s going pro.

4. Realme
    10:42 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I hate a lot of Matt’s musical taste, but do really like Tyler Childers.

5. ClutchCargo
    11:13 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Reid Travis didn’t suddenly become less athletic and less skilled when he arrived at UK. He would have had the same shortcomings as an NBA prospect if he had stayed at Stanford or gone somewhere else. I can’t imagine that him coming here wasn’t a win-win.

Also, Matt needs to stop telling parents how to parent.

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Maybe if he had developed an outside shot and some good face-up moves to the basket, but you can’t blame UK for not doing that.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Reid has a variety of post moves, and did improve his outside shot. He just didn’t shoot a lot of threes. He wasn’t suddenly going to transform into Steph Curry. We also took at least 15 pounds off him (and he put in the work for that), which made him a bit more athletic. Reid isn’t a ridiculous natural athlete (like say Hami), and he’s never going to be. Cal isn’t a miracle worker.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Reid had every opportunity to showcase his skills at UK. We knew he had limitations when he transferred; but, still an invaluable part of the team, and one of my favorite Cats.

• J-Dub421
      12:14 pm May 16, 2019 Permalink

We all know I love Reid. He was never going to turn into LeBron though.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Will Ryan be allowed to have conjugal visits during his KSR Incarceration?

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Maybe they can chain an old bowling ball to his leg. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:20 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t need to hear that. Haw Haw.

• Realme
      11:23 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

If his practice videos represent how he’ll putt Monday, he’s going to be in jail for 6 days. I imagine it will be funny for about 1 day and then get miserable.

7. ClutchCargo
    11:38 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

I can’t believe that somebody is whining that KSR is making fun of jail by doing this putt for prison thing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:44 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

But I do agree with this caller that eating in a restaurant with a guy sitting over there in a cage would be kind of weird and awkward.

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

If they could make it a media event to sell tickets, and donate the proceeds to some type of legal fund or something to help families of persons who are incarcerated, maybe that would quiet them down. But someone would probably still bellyache about it. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, it would be even more awkward if they furnished the cell with a toilet for Ryan to use. 🙂

8. runningunnin.454
    11:51 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

He’s asking MJ how to pronounce something?

• ClutchCargo
      11:55 am May 16, 2019 Permalink

Eastern Kentuckians don’t say they live in Appalachia because it’s a region of the US, not a place in KY. I would imagine most people in all the other states don’t really refer to Appalachia.