KSR Show Thread 5/13: Start the week off right

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will recap the weekend, including Johnny Juzang’s commitment, share the latest on Jaden McDaniels, and look ahead to Ryan’s Putt for Prison, which is only a week away.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

63 Comments for KSR Show Thread 5/13: Start the week off right

1. runningunnin.454
    9:59 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Fix KSR please. It was down when Juzang committed; had to go to another site to find out.

• RealCatsFan
      10:13 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like KSR needs to call in the Geek Squad. Matt, might be time to move off of the free anti-virus subscriptions and actually pay someone who knows what they are doing to administer the site. 😉

• Realme
      10:14 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

At least he picked us. I am glad to have Twitter. I depend on it more than KSR, and no add harassment.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Or at least stop bragging about how much traffic the site gets compared to the low overhead cost. Maybe don’t skimp on IT security.

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Are they serious about the French connection? I would think people in France would have better things to do…like eating cheese and drinking wine. Did you know there are 14 million kinds of cheese in France?

• Je t’aime KSR at Matt Jones.

• Joke fail.

Je t’aime KSR et Matt Jones.

• J-Dub421
      10:42 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Seriously, if KSR is raking in as much money as it seems like they are, then they can spring to upgrade their infrastructure to a better website.

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see a like button, and only one page is loading. At least we still have all the silly ads.

• runningunnin.454
      10:47 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I know what that phrase means, Chris. A cute little French exchange student kept saying that to me. Hee Haw.

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, rg, don’t they have a cathedral to rebuild?

2. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

So the moral of the story is if you are a terrorist and you want to get on a plane, pay $80 for the TSA pre-check and whiz on by. Thanks for telling all us KSR terrorists about that, Matt!

3. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Why would Baker want to go to a program that is likely to get the NCAA death penalty? Does he want to just watch the NCAA Tournament on TV?

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I’ll be surprised if there are any death penalties; everybody is just thumbing their nose at the ncaa.

• Realme
      10:20 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

So gross, and I don’t know that he has a much better chance to play there, after losing another entire year.

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, you are right – I was being partially facetious. If they didn’t have the balls to wallop UNCheat after the largest cheating fiasco in history, they are a toothless institution.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

No balls and no teeth is no way to go through life, NCAA. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

The NCAA sucks. That is all.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:19 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

And THAT is one of the things that is wrong in our country, both in business and in sports. Used to be, if you suck at your job and get fired, that’s it, tough doo-doo, you are on your own, see ya later. Now, if you are a high level executive or a head coach, you have a golden parachute in your contract that ensures that you will collect millions. It almost encourages poor performance, because all you have to do is get hired, and then get fired, and you can take your cash stash and fine a tropical island to hang out on.

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

That reminds me of B. Petrino.

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Yeah rg, he was pretty much just totally smirking all the way to the bank that last year. It was like he was trying to intentionally steer the ship into the rocks.

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I have to thank BP for steering U of L into the rocks. It’s fun watching the garbage dump burn.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

So our BB team is going to be young, long and athletic, and shooting will be a question. Sounds like pretty much EVERY Calipari team at UK.

6. Realme
    10:38 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

So many comments I need to like, but I don’t have the button.

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I would like this comment, but I can’t! Back to the stone age at KSR.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:43 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Saw a hilarious video over the weekend; two teenagers trying to make a phone call on a rotary phone.

• Realme
      10:45 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I saw it too. So hilarious. They didn’t even know to pick up the handset while dialing.

• ClutchCargo
      10:49 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Haha! I remember the days when my grandparents out in the country had not only a rotary phone, but they were on a party line. That would really freak those teenagers out.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

You should watch a millenial try to put air in their tires. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:58 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Don’t their lips get dirty?

• Realme
      11:00 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Bah ha ha!

• Remember when the phone lines were always jammed and clogged up on Mother’s Day and you couldn’t get through to wish your mom Happy Mother’s Day? I remember my parents trying to call their moms and had to try many times.

• BTW, I’ve seen that video too. Electronic communications have come a long way. Fiber optic cable is responsible for a lot of that, but I’m sure the electric engineers I know could tell me many more reasons.

Just think: Nicola Tesla saw a lot of capabilities in wireless communications way before they ever came to be, including transmitting images.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

LOVE that Dwight Yoakam song! Used to listen to the “Just Lookin’ for a Hit” compilation album while tooling around Lake Cumberland back in the early 90’s. Good times.

9. Realme
    10:52 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

My first exposure to my then future mother in law was her glamour shots. Talk about red flags.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I get a kick out of people using the photo filters on FaceBook to make themselves look better in their profile pictures. It’s not like I don’t know what you REALLY look like in real life! 😀

10. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

So now Matt REALLY needs to turn in his Man Card. Glamour Shots? 😀

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Going with Drew and Ryan for comedic value and for the show is okay though.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

You know you want a risque` men of KSR calendar, RCF. 😉

11. Realme
    10:59 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I guess I’ll root for Eric and the Bucks, since Demarcus is hurt and also a Warrior. Love Jody a lot too though, is he playing much?

• ClutchCargo
      11:11 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I can get behind the Bucks now that the Celtics are out. I was really getting into watching the Nuggets’ playoff run, but that’s over now.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Jodie is not playing much. So go Bled and the Bucks. Skal and Patman are on the Raptors, but aren’t playing musch either.

• Realme
      11:15 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I was rooting for Murray hard.

Nothing against Skal or Kanter, I just don’t have the same attachment.

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Murray had a bad game. What about CJ McCollum, though…fearless ncaa tournament Dookie killer from Lehigh, 37 points.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Anyone who knocks Duke out of the Tournament is all good in my book.

• And if Portland makes the finals, they can’t watch in Turkey unless they can stream it on the dark web.

• I’m not a Bucks fan, but I did kind of like watching them when they had Lew Alcindor.

• Of course at the time I didn’t realize he was part of the UCLA program that zoomed past us in all time championships.

12. Realme
    11:28 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Big No Thank You to the men of KSR calendar.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

You know you want to see Shannon the Dude in a wrestling singlet. 😉

• Realme
      11:36 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Barf.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:29 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

My 17 year old daughter wanted to watch the Ted Bundy movie last night, so she turned it on with all of us sitting in the room together. Maybe I have become a prude in my old age, but it was a little uncomfortable to see Ted banging his girlfriend on TV with my 15 and 17 year old daughters right there. Yeah, I know, they have probably seen much worse by now, but it still seemed, well, weird.

• Realme
      11:33 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

At least they didn’t show his real self, which was the guy banging a severed head.

• That’s not being a prude at all. Galatians 5:16-26.

• Realme
      11:51 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

Quite a contrast in the responses to this comment. Ooops.

• runningunnin.454
      11:57 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I saw a picture of his head after he rode the lightnin. Extra crispy.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

I guess the only good thing I can say about them seeing the movie is that maybe it opens their eyes to the fact that they have to be careful – there are some real creeps out there who have an amazing ability to pass themselves off as perfectly charming and normal individuals. Hopefully they will never cross paths with one of these reptiles and I will be able to stay out of prison.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am May 13, 2019 Permalink

rg, I remember reading about people in Florida saying that they were going to voluntarily turn off their lights and AC to conserve energy and give him the maximum jolt.

• Realme
      12:08 pm May 13, 2019 Permalink

RCF, that might be the most important thing they need to know before they go to college.