KSR Show Thread, 5/10: On the Road at the State Dock

The party is popping at the State Dock on scenic Lake Cumberland in Jamestown, Kentucky. A great place for a young Nick Roush to skip rocks is an even better place to listen to Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond on Kentucky Sports Radio.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

98 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/10: On the Road at the State Dock

1. Realme
    9:58 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I appreciate that the hackers wait until we’re done with the show thread to take down KSR every day.

• runningunnin.454
      10:01 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

5,4,3,2,1……..Crash!

10:06 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, that’s pretty cool of them to do that at least. The French do have a certain code of etiquette.

10:15 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I guess Jurich got bored in his “retirement”. 😀

• Realme, I went back and read Drew’s Twitter rant during Wednesday’s crash after you mentioned how funny it was. The funniest one hands down was when he was asking for help and copied the tweet to Al Gore. lol

10:20 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha yeah.

11:39 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I envision Hubby sitting at a little desk with light bulb on, wires running everywhere, soldering iron, pliers, pic of Drew with darts in it, empty checkbook from Matt’s promised payroll, and waiting for system to crash….

12:11 pm May 10, 2019 Permalink

Oh and singing to himself..

“I’ll be back workin’ as long as my two hands are fit to use…I’ll get a little bit stoned this weekend and sing a little bit of these workin’ man blues…”

2. ClutchCargo
    10:13 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

If you are a guy and you lose confidence because you’re going bald, that’s just sad. Also, why would anyone get hair transplants but leave a bald spot? That makes zero sense to me.

10:16 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I thought the shaved head look was “in”.

10:18 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m not to that point yet, but I would probably go that route eventually. If you lose your confidence because of something like that, you didn’t have actual confidence in the first place.

• Not for this guy (thumbs pointing to me). I have lost a good bit of hair unfortunately over the years, but I can’t stand the thought of even an electric shaver on my head, much less a blade.

10:19 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Just please, I beg you, no bald on top mullets.

• That would be a skullet.

Once I saw a middle-aged looking black gentleman with braids who was bald on top. I don’t know if there is a name for that. Of course even the young guys seem to lose some hair in the front when they get that heat fused thing done with extensions for braids.

10:29 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

There used to be this older man who sat in front of us at church. He had a hairline similar to Benjamin Franklin, but he had the most elaborate comb over ever devised. It kind of even wrapped around and was held in place with bobby pins.

11:09 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

CC.. yeah, a bozo the clown head, I gotcha

10:35 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

And I don’t have the bald spot on top, mine’s just receding. A five head, if you will.

10:44 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I remember the dude who played for Florida, who had the dreds with a receding hairline. He looked like the Predator from the Arnold Swarzenegger movies.

• I didn’t know until my wife told me that a lot of the braids and dreads are extensions that are fused on. One teenage girl told her she had that done and it there was some pain involved. It made her hairline recede some.

Clutch, your Ben Franklin story made me chuckle. Bobby pins? Wow.

11:26 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like that dude could give Bologna Head and Gene Keady a run for their money.

11:59 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Guys, trim your eyebrows and cut it ALL off.. or….. ya gonna turn into this.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Ahhh, that picture of State Dock at Lake Cumberland brings back some great memories of huge houseboat parties back in the 90’s. Good times!

10:22 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I grew up fishing on that lake during the summers. My grandparents had a farm in nearby Russell Springs and my dad kept his pontoon boat there at the ready. Spent many a night out there fishing for striped bass.

10:25 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

We would put in at Jamestown marina, a much straighter shot.

10:47 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

We used to launch at Jamestown, but soon discovered that it was much easier to launch at the dam. Much wider, nicer ramp and parking was so much easier. But we always rented out houseboats from State Dock. One year one of the drunks dumped a whole bottle of dishwashing detergent in the hot tub on top the boat. We had suds six feet deep on the top deck – you literally had to burrow through them. I think we may have lost our deposit that year. 😉

10:48 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Some of my favorite memories were sitting back in a cove at night, looking at the stars and listening to the crickets and katydids. And then waking up when the sun comes up the next morning to the mist on the water and the birds singing. Dang I need to get down there again – SOON!

10:51 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

That sounds like bliss.

11:13 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I agree Realme.. bliss indeed.

11:56 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Quick story to tell you what kind of people live down by LC. Years ago the wife and I were towing our boat down to the lake. We were almost to the dam on 127, it was raining a little bit, and a lady made a sudden turn in front of me and I had to run thru a ditch with 3 tons of boat behind me. Tore the hitch up, moved the boat off the bunks, and bent the frame on the truck, but thank goodness no one was hurt. As soon as it happened, folks came out of the nearby houses with jacks and tow straps to help. Guy driving in back of me was in a flatbed truck. Towed my boat to his shop, fixed up my hitch so I could drive home, and even brought my boat up to me in Louisville the next week when he was in town. Refused to take any money I offered him. I later mailed him a GC for a nice dinner.

11:58 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I grew up fishing Dale Hollow Lake before all the big ski boats and bass boats, it was so peaceful.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:26 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Anybody want to talk about RFK and MLK today….didn’t think so, hah.

10:28 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Our country is run by the Illuminati, who want to exterminate the rest of us… go!

10:29 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Count me in.

10:30 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

And don’t forget the lizard people!

I’m not mocking the convo from yesterday. enjoyed reading it.

10:31 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

What lizard people? There are lizard people?

• No, we don’t talk about such things on Mexico’s Mother’s Day (seriously, my office calendar says that is today).

10:32 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m done with the special “Days” for this week. Outdoor intercourse didn’t happen, and I did almost too well at giving an unpopular opinion yesterday when I failed to read a story thoroughly before commenting. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

And, other U.S. government bedtime stories.

10:50 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, I heard the Derby winner didn’t have any issues with celebrating Outdoor Intercourse Day. 😉

10:50 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I don’t want to stir up any more trouble, but I would love to talk RFK and MLK with you on another forum running’. I just can’t believe people don’t care just because they weren’t alive when all those tragic events happened.

10:53 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Iam, I care, but there are so many other things that directly affect what I care about much more, and they require my immediate attention.

10:59 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

RealCats, I was referring to someone saying they did not care because they were not alive then. I’m not saying put things that require immediate attention on hold to look at past tragedies, but “those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it”.

• StillBP
      11:08 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Yeah that was me who said that. We’re just going to have to disagree here. I’m not apologizing for not caring about the Kennedy assassination. I’m not sure how that’s going to make me repeat history… I don’t own a gun so it’s highly unlikely I ever shoot anyone, let alone a president.

• StillBP
      11:12 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Obviously I was being facetious with my last sentence. I’m just not interested in talking Kennedy assassination on KSR. But the moon thing did draw me in briefly.

11:17 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t mean to say that you as an individual would repeat history because you ignore it or that you would shoot anyone, but there are probably many more like yourself. This was the murder in public of the POTUS, I don’t understand how any American can not care about it, that was the end of our innocence and everything changed drastically after that.

11:20 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

All I was trying to say was that it is naive to believe that everything we’ve been taught in our lifetimes is 100% true, governments everywhere are corrupt as are the politicians. And I was not trying to dis you BP, I respect yours and everyone else’s opinions.

11:20 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Iam, there was a public murder of over 3000 people in NYC, and there are people out there who want to claim it was a conspiracy and even those who think it never happened!

11:24 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Not sure what you’re referring to RealCats unless you’re talking about 9-11.

11:36 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

If it is 9-11 you’re talking about I challenge anyone who believes the official story to do their own searching and fearless investigation using only their own common sense, intelligence. It most definitely happened, I just can’t agree with the official story and I have done a deep dive into it, not relying on conspiracy sites.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:38 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Re, Justin Rogers recruitment, good thing Saban has UK staff to birddog for him; sumbeech should pay us finder’s fees.

10:44 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

It helps us understand how basketball coaches feel when Cal or Count K come calling.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Hah, but that doesn’t bother me. Waiting today for Johnny to come marching home. Go Cats!

10:56 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, I would agree, except it isn’t happening that way so much anymore. The kid from Georgia that we missed on, and over the past few years there have been a lot of others who stayed at the home state school.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like Jurich is at it again! Either that, or Turtleman.

10:54 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Warren Zevon is raking in some royalties!

11:18 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Turtleman… hmm.. toss out what we know and just think about “a dude named turtle man” for a few secs. I yi yi.. okay, 3,2,1.. back to reality. Wheww…

7. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:53 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Congrats to Lonnie Johnson going from poverty to a multimillion dollar contract, great success story.

11:08 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Absolutely. And he seems level headed enough to be able to handle the responsibility of managing that newfound wealth.

11:31 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I agree and I hope we’re right about that.

11:44 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Iamhe… it is a great story.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Welp, if they start singing “Werewolves of London” in French, then it’s time to worry. 😀

9. secrick
    10:55 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m still reading people.

11:14 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Any historic events or conspiracies you want to see covered next? 🙂

11:15 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I always have to go back and re-read..
      🙁

11:20 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

If someone could break down the Area 51 thing, that would be great.

11:22 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, I think Area 51 might explain some of the weird people in the world. But not really sure why so many of them moved to Florida.

11:26 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

It made “Coast To Coast” a radio icon for many. Some wild calls on that show late at night. Not that ummm…eh… I would listen some….times…. eh…. ummm.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Oh don’t go in there, you’ve landed in Area 51; you’re among the little people now.

11:30 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

C2C is great to lesten to on the way down to Florida in the middle of the night.

11:33 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

RCF.. yes, I liked it to be honest driving at night. Some of the stories were pretty cool.

10. ClutchCargo
    10:58 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

They need to learn how to say Albany like a local. It’s more like Al Benny.

11. Ridge Runner
    11:07 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Dang it.. I missed all the hoopla and gotta go back an read y’alls stuff. BTI freaked me out with my story and I got sidetracked.
    Here’s what I made out so far from above..
    Waiting for site to crash, bald is in or, (hoping in cuz I baldy).. where was I… oh, throwing a hook in at Cumberland, zevons werewolves playing somewhere, waiting on Johnny Zzzzz… whewwww

11:13 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Guess I need to make an exception and read a BTI story, Ridge. That’s cool.

11:16 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

The summer stories are usually pretty good reading. Mainly because BTI doesn’t write them. 😉

11:19 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

CC.. that made me chuckle.

11:24 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Fellas, it’s nothing seriously. I truly don’t feel it elevates to some impressive stories I’ve read. It’s very basic I’m sure to many but it is from my heart.

11:21 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Ridge, I need to go read your story.

12. Realme
    11:19 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I don’t agree with Matt that this past season was one of the better shooting teams, because I think you gotta have some level of consistency. They really had some stinkers, all season long.

11:22 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Realme, your example came to fruition the last game too.

11:26 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Exactly. I had very low expectations this post season because I just knew that game was coming eventually.

13. ClutchCargo
    11:37 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Oh, good grief. No more talk about boneless wings, please!

11:38 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Yep. Well established precedent on here that boneless wings are not wings. I do want to try KSBar’s real wings, though.

11:42 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

I want to try them but I always picture Drew’s messy face (time he posted eating there when first opened). Then….I dunno, appetite leaves darn it.

11:42 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

They’re literally not wings at all. They are just breaded chicken nuggets made with breast meat. I would probably even like them if people didn’t call them boneless wings.

11:45 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Same Clutch. Because little girls like Matt refer to eating those as eating wings, I have to refuse to eat them out of spite. 🙂

11:45 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Never saw that picture of Drew.

11:52 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t see pic? Okay…So your ok to eat Realme. No worries.

• notFromhere
      9:31 pm May 10, 2019 Permalink

YES! They are NOT wings!! Someone calls them that on a menu and every person who lacks sense is like, “BONElessWIngs!” This country is lost…

14. Realme
    11:44 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Cal didn’t win more games than those other coaches by being bad at actual coaching. smh

11:47 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Did you see the story on ESPN about how UMASS BB died when Cal left?

12:02 pm May 10, 2019 Permalink

Iamhe… I thought it was a good article and kept waiting for the author to take a dig at him. As Realme eluded to.. folks diminish and throw darts at the man so much. It’s friggin crazy.

11:55 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

No but I bet his detractors blame that on him too.

12:53 pm May 10, 2019 Permalink

Hey Ridge, just saw this. I agree it was a good piece, can’t help thinking there was a hidden criticism somewhere. Cal has never gotten fair shake anywhere, it’s shameful.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:46 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

Was that MashburnFan on the radio?

11:53 am May 10, 2019 Permalink

My head turned too.. lol