KSR Show Thread, 5/1: Tune in to KSR!

On today’s Kentucky Sports Radio radio show, Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon T. Dude will entertain the KSR audience for two hours with the latest in recruiting, Calipari, Derby and more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

50 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 5/1: Tune in to KSR!

1. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:04 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day
    When it’s cold outside I’ve got the month of May…

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I believe that song by The Temptations was the #1 song the year that I was born. Feeling old, yet, Iam? πŸ˜€

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:36 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Yep RealCats, Iam feeling pretty old. Played in a band back in the day and we did this song.

• The Temptations and The Four Tops are playing Montgomery together soon.
      “I’ll be there…!”

Okay, I won’t be there, but I would if I could win tickets like I did with Toto a while back. I love The Four Tops! Of course, I don’t know how many of these guys are Johnny come lately members of the groups.

2. Realme
    10:16 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I am totally that person. I want our players and coaches to love UK so much they can’t leave.

• Realme
      10:19 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Always helpful when Matt tells fans how they’re allowed to feel.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:24 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

And also when Matt becomes a music critic.

• RealCatsFan
      10:31 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Realme, honestly, I think Joe B. Hall was the last UK Basketball coach that we could pretty much guarantee would never leave us for another program. Might be the only one.

• Realme
      10:42 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I get that it’s not r e a l i s t i c. I just happen to feel that way. Didn’t Joe B. transfer as a player?

• Realme
      10:42 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

That r word triggered an Awaiting Moderation for me today.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:46 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Of course the R word triggered the modbot on this site. Ha ha!

• ClutchCargo
      10:54 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

LOL! Same here. I guess we’re supposed to be u n r e a l i s t i c instead.

3. Realme
    10:39 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Why would there be documents about blocking Twitter accounts?

4. RealCatsFan
    10:47 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I’m sorry, but unless you are physically handicapped, if you are a dude and you can’t drive a stick shift you need to turn in your man-card.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:50 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Agreed! How did Matt get a man-card in the first place, that should earned, not given.

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see the point in manual transmissions anymore. Technology has advanced enough that automatics are faster and better than people are.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Maybe in drag racing, but on curvy roads you get better control with a manual. Now I know that F1 has been using paddle shifters for years, but it is still manually controlled.

Besides, driving a stick is just SO much more fun! Of course, JMO. πŸ™‚

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:57 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

You can’t roll start a car with an automatic transmission if your battery should die and it used to be manuals got better gas mileage, not sure about these days. Also it used to be fun to shift gears, not anymore.

• ClutchCargo
      11:01 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

For a sports car or a Jeep, I actually prefer a manual transmission. Navigating city traffic can be a pain, though. At least with a stick, you can push start the vehicle if you need to.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I know I’m not better than a computer. Also, I need that right hand for coffee. πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Aside from a clutch replacement every 150k or so, manuals are also more dependable than automatics. For instance, Honda is having a lot of failures of their 5 speed automatics, especially behind the v6 motors. A lot of the CVT’s are failing too. A lot of people don’t realize that you need to change automatic transmission fluid at regular intervals.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I will agree that automatics are much nicer in stop and go traffic. Or when towing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:40 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

It’s definitely not for everybody. But I do believe that everybody should at least learn to drive with a manual transmission if at all possible. You never know when that skill will come in handy sometime, and it’s not the kind of thing you ever forget how to do.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

My husband’s car is a stick (they all have been). I can shift fine, it’s the clutch that gets me, and every car is different. If you don’t let the clutch out just right for that car, you kill it. I won’t try to drive his new car because it’s waaaayyyy too much car to learn on.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

And he’s bad at teaching so it just ends in frustration.

5. Whitesville Cat
    11:06 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

U forgot about Jodie Meeks. He’s still in playoffs with raptors

6. Realme
    11:12 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I would think half of the students already own a computer or ipad and would rather pay less tuition.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I doubt $200 – $250 or so for an iPad is going to make or break tuition. It’s basically just included in the cost of tuition. My high school has been giving students iPads for years and it’s included in the tuition.

• Realme
      11:17 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Then let them spend that on books if they already have what they need computer-wise.

• RealCatsFan
      11:29 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I tell you, it’s all SOCIALISM! Make America Great Again – take everyone’s iPad away!

I can see the point that perhaps tuition could be lower without all the posh creature comforts and new dorms and student centers being built, but the iPad is just a very small drop in the bucket. However, I do agree that a book voucher might have been more helpful.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Also, this kind of plays into the dilemma I have as a parent – if I threaten to take my kid’s phone away, I have to give it back because they actually NEED them to do their homework. Thanks, teachers!

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:39 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I don’t like that we’ve started relying so much on tech devices and away from books. Does that make me an old curmudgeon? If it does I’m ok with it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Iam, after yet again having Microsoft force feed another Windows 10 update that cause my printer to not work – AFTER IT WORKED PERFECTLY YESTERDAY – I am in the same camp as you. I am completely sick of technology.

• ClutchCargo
      11:44 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

^ Says that one guy in the comment section of a blog. πŸ™‚

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

A new iPad ensures all students will have a newer versions with up to date programs and software.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:47 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I stopped using Windows when Vista came out and changed to a Mac and have no regrets, but I still hate that I spend so much time on a computer. I sold my smart phone a few years ago and went back to a flip phone, which I also don’t regret. I’m backing away from tech little by little.

7. ky196
    11:12 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I tried to call in yesterday to get Matt to have a conversation with Senator McConnell, who is with him right now, about shaving back hair. Would have been classic!

• Realme
      11:14 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I know, how did we not get to hear from the senator yesterday! I was thinking the same thing.

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Mitch doesn’t have any hair on his back – he has a hard shell instead.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:36 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I wish he would poke his head out and take a look around at the state of things.

• RealCatsFan
      11:43 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I guess he’s just a frightened turtle. Pool must be cold! πŸ™‚

8. ky196
    11:17 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

I put that on the text machine, maybe they will see that and bring up that subject of back hair shaving again and do that conversation.

9. ky196
    11:18 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

BTW is it just me or did anyone else think that Winntucky Lee, was in the bathroom at the beginning of his call yesterday? And if so, why didn’t Matt call him out on that?

10. ky196
    11:28 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

If no money is exchanged, is it really prostitution?

11. J-Dub421
    11:29 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Yes, I would arrest the 71 year old pervert who demanded a sexual favor for a ride. I hope he gets his truck back, but he was gross and should be punished.

12. Iamheasyouarehe
    11:35 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

So a former A&M football player was convicted of hacking a jogger to death with a machete, first I had heard of this.

• Realme
      11:37 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Whoa, gonna have to look that up.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:40 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

It’s on ESPN website.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

Holy crap!

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:56 am May 1, 2019 Permalink

A Dallas County jury swiftly returned a guilty verdict Tuesday in Thomas Johnson’s trial in the killing of David Stevens after the former wide receiver’s legal defense declined to call a single witness.