KSR Show Thread 4/9: King Rex is in the house

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. With Matt still on vacation, Rex Chapman is joining Ryan, Drew, and Shannon in studio to talk some basketball following last night’s national championship game. Tune in to hear about Shannon’s experience at Wrestlemania as well.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

61 Comments for KSR Show Thread 4/9: King Rex is in the house

1. Just don’t sing Rex.

BTW, “Hellooooooooooooooooooooo???????????????”

• ClutchCargo
      10:19 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I’m definitely not listening today, just in case. I can’t handle that right now.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:15 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Tip o’ my UK cap to Bennett and the Cavaliers; best team won. And also to the teams that fought the good fight against them, Oregon, Purdue, Auburn, and TT.
    The Purdue-Virginia game was one of the best I’ve seen in a couple of years.

10:19 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Mrs RCF and I were both pulling for TT in the underdog role, but I guess I don’t have too much of a problem with UVA winning their first, especially after what they went through last year. I think Bennett is a fairly likable guy, so other than them being in the ACC, I am good with it. At least it wasn’t dook, unCheat, or Hairpiece-U.

Besides, I won $74 as second place in one of my pools. I was only 4 points out of first place. Nice little surprise for a Tuesday! 🙂

• UVA had 9 lives in this tourney.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I guess UVA’s 9 lives were better than dook’s 12 referees. 🙂

10:27 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

rg, I have to give you credit for an epic takedown of a Cal-hating troll yesterday. You shined the light on just how much Count K has underperformed, and I loved it!

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Darn, I missed that. What thread was that in? I may have to go look for it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Please, RCF, no applause; you’ll make me blush.

10:39 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I saw that super-dumbass KYCatFan4Ever (or whatever his name is) was on the thread about Rick Barnes spewing his usual BS (or horse-sh!t, in accordance with his avitar). Darn, sorry I missed that one. I’m still waiting for his response to me asking about that 14 year drought that Rupp had for titles after that last one in 1958. Crickets…

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Ah, I had avoided that comment section for obvious reasons.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

RCF, if it doesn’t fit his agenda KYCAPSLOCK4EVER just ignores it. So don’t hold your breath for a response. To some of these super-dumbasses, any UK head coach who doesn’t win the title in any given year should be fired in the locker room after their last game.

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Hey, that guy actually asked me if my one shining moment was the NBA draft, ha ha ha. Yeah I absolutely hate watching young kids realize their wildest dreams.
      Actually, I have had 5 shining moments, from the first in 1958 through 2012. Imbecile.

• So “makeitstop” says in that thread that his dad played for Rupp. Hmmm…

Kent Hollenbeck? 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, Chris and I asked him for a first name in an earlier thread, no response, yet.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Again, idiots think that 5 stars are somehow going to stay 4 years. That will never happen. They bash one-and-dones and don’t like losing players every year, but then turn right around and bash any guys who stay past their freshman year because “those guys suck.” There is no pleasing these people. They are stupid and irrational.

11:33 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

They are the fans who give our fan base a bad name – the ones who cause our coaches to age in dog-years, like the president.

3. Realme
    10:16 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

You guys as excited as me to not listen to Rex or Cutler? I don’t understand why they don’t just do the show with Ryan and Drew. They’re grown boys, they could handle it.

4. Oh, and thanks for all the kind words in the ST yesterday Cats.

10:24 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Glad all is going well for you, cg! Yesterday was also a big day for a guy that I have gotten to know online because he was diagnosed with the same kind of cancer that took my dad. Joey was diagnosed with glioblastoma about 3 months before my dad, and his 2-year scan came back clear. He has been wearing a device on his head that is like a ball cap that puts electrical waves into the brain to disrupt cell division. He gets a lot of funny looks, but so far it seems to be working.

• Wow! I’ll say a prayer for him.

5. So college hoops is over. So now it’s restaurant brackets and MJ asking for attention while he decides to run against Mitch. Mark it down: if he runs and wins, he also starts talking about running for POTUS in 2 years. Crazy you say? Every obscure congressman and small town mayor thinks they can win this time (or at least fatten their war chest even if they don’t win).

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Tennis season is in full swing, and that’s my jam.

10:29 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I’ll be looking for a volleyball game somewhere. 😉

Not wanting to go too much in a political direction, but there are so many people running for the Dem nomination that it will make your head spin. I;m sticking with Lebowski for my pick. 😉

• Me either RCF even though I did make that post.

To give equal time, the Rs had like 20 people early on last time too. I just don’t remember any small town mayors though.

6. CATandMONKEY
    10:28 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

We beat the TAR out of Auburn with Reid on sidelines.

10:31 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

It was the perfect storm for us, much like it was for dook in the first game of the season. But someone did make a valid point yesterday that Cal used EJ as a rim protector against their guards in that game, and I still think we may have had a different result if he had used Nick and EJ in the EE game.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:36 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

“What is and What Should Never Be” – one of my all time favorite Zeppelin songs. My big bro gave me Houses of the Holy and Led Zeppelin II because he had spares. I just about wore that vinyl out!

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Had those on, wait for it, 8-track…ha ha ha.

• Realme
      10:44 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

8-track? What’s that?

Just kidding, we had an 8-track player in the living room when I was a kid, for my Dad’s Simon & Garfunke!.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:52 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Wore OUT that cassette in the mid- late eighties, listening in a 1975 VW Rabbit.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Here’s to you, Mrs. Robinson? Did you know Paul Simon was signed to write the song for the movie, “The Graduate”, and he didn’t finish it on time…so most of it in the movie, he hummed. Ha ha, and they sued him.

10:56 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I was digging through a bunch of stuff in my parents’ house, getting it ready to go on the market (sniff), and in my old room I found a box of my old cassette tapes from way back when. Doubt if any of them would even play after all those years. My car actually still has a cassette player in it (2004 Acura TL), and I was tempted to pop one in it.

rg, the 8-tracks are still popular with the guys who have the restored musclecars from the 60’s and 70’s that came with them.

• The 8 track and that “KER-FLUNKCLICK” that would sometimes be right in the middle of the song. lol

• ClutchCargo
      11:01 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I would almost be afraid to put any cassette tape I cared about into an old car cassette player. I had a cherished Billy Joel tape back in the day that got eaten by my car’s tape deck. I remember pulling off the road, ripping the remaining tape out of the player and throwing the wad of ruined tape as far as I could. I was kind of a hot head in my youth. Ha!

• You might be surprised RCF. It would be better if you put one if a player that you can clean with a Q tip and some alcohol.

Once you’ve done that, you can digitize it using free software called Audacity (run an auxiliary cord from the tape player’s headphone jack to the PC’s mic jack). If you’re interested I’ll try posting a few tutorial links.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Remember making mix-tapes off the radio back in the day? Lol.

11:23 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub, I can remember sitting breathlessly with my finger on the “record” button, waiting for the midnight album to start playing on WLRS 102 in Louisville. Miss that station! The Walrus still lives, but online streaming only.

cg, yeah, I would like that! I have ripped a few songs off of YouTube using various download programs. I also bought a USB turntable to convert some of my old vinyl to MP3’s, but have never gotten around to using it.

My parents still have an old console record player in their basement. Have been entertaining the thought of trying to resurrect it for use in my basement. Vinyl is making a comeback!

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Yep, J-D, still have a bunch of those.
      RCF, had an 8-track in a ’70 Roadrunner. A friend had an older RR, and the faster he drove, the faster the 8-track would play; quite unnerving when you’re going 120 mph.

11:30 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Wow, C3 Vette AND a RoadRunner! You had some cool cars back in the day.

My brother used to run around with the kid from up the street back in the late 70’s. He was a bit of a “bad boy” around the neighborhood. Had a blue 69 383 RoadRunner GTX that he terrorized the neighborhood in, doing smoky burnouts. Of course, I was about 12 and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He painted “Bad News” in black stencil on the rear quarter panels. 🙂 He traded the 69 for a yellow 70 GTX 440. I remember the hood scoop would pop up, and it had the shark teeth painted on it like the old WWII fighter planes. I think they called that the “Air Grabber” scoop. That car would be worth quite a bit today, but he rolled the car in 1978 and killed himself in it. Very sad.

8. Realme
    10:52 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Heading to the tax preparer. Last year the waiting room had a snorer, a farter, and a plays his youtube videos out loud-er. All grown men. Wish me luck. Maybe someone will puke this year.

10:57 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

If you can combine the snorer and the farter, you would have our dog.

• ClutchCargo
      10:57 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Good luck. People… they’re the worst.

• I so want to smash phones when folks aren’t using headphones. The worst for me was in a doc office a while back and the waiting room was jam packed with several kids watching videos, and a TV on as well. Parents, you can get earbuds for like a buck at dollar stores or Academy!

• Oh, and lol @ Realme!

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Thanks, guys; there goes my coffee through my nose…again.

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m so grateful that my mother-in-law has worked for H & R Block for years and always does our taxes for us.

11:26 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Our accountant always lets me download her copy of Tubrotax. I have always done my own taxes, even when I was running my own business for a while. Guess I’m hard headed. I remember doing them manually on paper with a calculator back in the day. Was going through cabinets of my dad’s stuff last year, and he had copies of his taxes going all the way back to 1965!

9. runningunnin.454
    11:11 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

Hey, I was at that Apollo-Owensboro game…I didn’t see Ryan.

10. CatBlue in LR
    11:57 am April 9, 2019 Permalink

I remember seeing that Earnie D. pass live! He was a little magician.