KSR Show Thread 4/7: What should we talk about today?

Welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Louisville studios, Matt’s house, and Ryan’s garage, or maybe his kitchen table if it’s too chilly outside. Tune in to hear the gang break down the latest news, including Tyrese Maxey staying in the Draft, Keion Brooks coming back, and whatever else is on their minds.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

47 Comments for KSR Show Thread 4/7: What should we talk about today?

1. runningunnin.454
    10:01 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

We should talk about anything…but viruses and politics. Music?

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:13 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I watched The Sopranos EP1 last night. I really hope it is just a slow start similar to Breaking Bad. It took me a few episodes to get into the good stuff in BB.

Things I learned:

1. I learned 2 names – Meadow and Christopher. I don’t know anyone else’s names on the show.
    2. The belly button screwdriver dream was the best segment of the episode.
    3. Ironic that he passed out all those times (mimicking a heart attack) in EP1 and passed away of a heart attack in real life. That’s crazy coincidence.
    4. Mr. Soprano love ducks more than his children.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Redd Foxx was also famous for faking heart attacks on his tv show “Sanford and Son”. He, too, suffered a fatal heart attack while on the stage. Yep, ironic.

• Realme
      10:19 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I watched 2 episodes. Lots if Italian / mobster cliches. No character that I like or find interesting enough to keep watching.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I think I probably would have gotten into the Sopranos if I had watched it back when it was still on. I’m just not interested enough to dive in at this point. Mafia stuff has never interested me all that much, although I did really like Good Fellas.

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Foxx died while rehearsing for the tv show, “Royal Family”. The working title during production was “Chest Pains”…double irony.

• JohnnyCat
      11:16 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Best binge series I’ve been watching is Black Sails on AMC. Great show. Four seasons somewhat following the story of Treasure Island, but also containing a great deal of historical accuracy. Highly recommend.

3. Realme
    10:16 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Help I’m being bullied by bumble bees.

• Realme
      10:17 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I don’t want to fly around the shrubs. They can have them, but chasing me of my porch is not cool.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Are they actual bumble bees or carpenter bees? The aggressive acting male carpenter bees are all buzz and no sting. They used to scare the crap out of me until I realized this. Now I just see how far I can swat them.

• ClutchCargo
      10:26 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

One was even dumb enough to just hover right in front of me when I was weed eating. A weed eater will REALLY launch those little jerks. lol

• Realme
      10:30 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Heck if I know. They seem longer than bumble bees, and they are jerks, in love with a boxwood by my back porch. I had to kill one last year because it wanted to live in the spigot and I wanted to hook up the hose, and we could not come to an agreement. I’d prefer to live and let live, but they chase me. And I am allergic to a honey bee sting, would prefer not to test these guys out.

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Carpenter bees have a shiny all black abdomen. We don’t get along because they love to eat my deck. I made a trap a couple a years ago and that has kept them manageable at least.

• Realme
      10:40 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

All black on the bottom, but I am not getting close enough to check for shiny.

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Buzzzzz

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

It must have been a female that stung the crap out of me about 35 years ago. Been at war with them ever since, especially when they bore holes into my deck railings. Badminton racquet is effective, and you can work on your forehand. Clutch, you can’t just kill them, you have to make sure you kill the eggs and larvae in the holes,or the adult will emerge next year. And silicone caulk works well to seal the holes up, or another bee will just move into that hole. Bastids!

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

The males don’t even have stingers, so yeah. I have a spray can of carpenter bee killer foam that has one of those skinny plastic tubes so you can shoot it right up inside the tunnel. I give that a day or so to work and then fill in the hole with calking or wood filler. The last straw was when they started in on my cedar Adirondack rocking chairs around my fire pit. We can’t be doing that.

• Realme
      10:58 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Well I held my ground for an hour…. That’s progress, lol.

• ClutchCargo
      11:04 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Oh, and the even greater breaking point was when woodpeckers learned they could just jackhammer the bee tunnels in my deck and eat the stuff inside.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:19 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I noticed one of those guys crawling into a hole in the wood on my house the other day. Ugh.

4. Laker Cat 18
    10:23 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

How about Clay Travis? That would be interesting radio to have him on the show.

• Realme
      10:34 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

He and Matt would just scream at each other.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:49 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

That’s the content I’m here for.

• Realme
      10:57 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

🙂

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:29 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Haarms from Purdue…He averaged 9pts, 5rpg, 2bpg in 20 minutes. If he can play 28-30 mpg, he can get us 14, 8, 3. I’ll take that in a heartbeat in the paint.

• Realme
      10:31 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

He looks super skinny, but I would love to have an experienced big guy.

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Everyone and their cousins are recruiting him. Yep, would love to have him at UK.

• ClutchCargo
      11:01 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Haarms isn’t a guy I have ever thought to myself that I wished he was at UK. But if Cal wants him, then I want us to get him.

6. Laker Cat 18
    10:31 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Michigan State won Lunardi’s Twitter Tourney last night over Florida State. Doesn’t mean diddly squat, but it was fun to follow and read his per game antics.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:32 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Otto Petty was only 5’7″. His team lost in the championship game to ucla. That is a pretty good suggestion.

• UKFanSC
      11:46 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Otto Petty !! Old Central High player. Remember watching him as a kid.

• runningunnin.454
      11:53 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Yep, and he considered going to WKU or Louisville; but, didn’t think he could get much playing time, so went to FSU.

8. secrick
    11:00 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Glad to read your post, hope everyone is good. Go Cats IQ , whatyougoingdo?

• Realme
      11:28 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

All the Twitter “experts” think all starters are gone.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:11 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I think baseball should play the season in a corn field in Iowa.

10. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:20 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I’m the one who might be getting Eric Bischoff. Wahoo!

11. JohnnyCat
    11:20 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

My recent binges:
    Black Sails is awesome.
    Altered Carbon is interesting, but boring in Season 2. Won’t finish.
    Same with The Expanse. Started cool, got boring.
    Westworld has gotten nearly unwatchable. Such high hopes…
    Better Call Saul is good, but not BB great.
    Any other suggestions?

• ClutchCargo
      11:24 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Ozark. There are three seasons out there now.

• Realme
      11:26 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Have you watched Ozark? So good. I had Black Sails on my list before (amazon prime free trial I think), but didn’t get to it. Will keep that in mind.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I binge on Turner Classic Movies; watched a movie from ’42 called “The Gay Sisters”
      nyuk nyuk

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:29 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

I’ve not done a huge amount of streaming, and not binging at all really. I have enjoyed “Cobra Kai” and “The Mandalorian”, but that’s it.

• Realme
      11:32 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Clutch we aren’t finished with season 3 yet but it is wild. Can’t believe they did that Darlene scene to us. Being vague in case you’re not there yet.

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am April 7, 2020 Permalink

Realme, I actually saw that one coming and said to myself at the beginning of that scene “they’re not about to do this… oh, crap.” lol

My plan, after watching the first two episodes of season 3 back to back, was to allow myself one episode per week to maybe get me through all this COVID-19 stuff. That worked for about a week and a half, then I watched the last 6 episodes in two days.