KSR Show Thread (4/4): Tune in to KSR now!

Today on Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond are in studio to talk life, love and the pursuit of happiness, as well as all the latest in UK sports.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

87 Comments for KSR Show Thread (4/4): Tune in to KSR now!

1. Iamheasyouarehe
    9:59 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Here comes the Sun King…

2. ClutchCargo
    10:04 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I’m running way behind on my coffee this morning. I have 2 cups per day, and I’m normally done by 10. Halfway there. I can form complete sentences, but still grumpy.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:08 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Oh no, Dontaie Allen was in a car wreck and broke is collarbone.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:09 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

That will bring the negative fans out of the woodwork.

• Realme
      10:10 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Oh geez the first half of your sentence stopped my heart before I got to the second half. Hope he heals fast and that the collarbone is the worst of it.

10:10 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Seriously?? That kid can’t catch a break. He needs to be in bubble wrap until he can get to UK.

• Realme
      10:12 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Is he still rehabbing from I forget what his bad injury was?

10:14 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, he was in Lex for physical therapy when the accident happened, apparently. Jeez.

• You beat me CC. I just logged in but had seen the other post just before. He was actually on his way to PT. Wow. Prayers for him (the post didn’t mention if anyone else was hurt).

• J-Dub421
      10:25 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Ow, just Ow. That’s got to be ridiculously painful.

• Someone already commented on that post that he should red shirt next year, but here is my reply:

He should be fully recovered by then, but as far as the early practices and such, I dunno. I wouldn’t think he can’t do any PT on the knee right now. Although #IamNotaDoctor

RG, thoughts?

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Don’t have enough info; but, I was really looking forward to watching him play. I’m so tired of the injury bug. I remember I was devastated when Mike Casey was in that wreck; that really cost us…like a title.

• I wouldn’t think he CAN do…

Boo typos!

10:34 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I’m not a Dr., have just seen it second hand, but they start rehabbing that stuff very soon after surgery now.

• Yeah, don’t get us all started on that long list of possible titles lost to injury again RG…

4. Realme
    10:14 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I read some of the GOT series. You had to follow like 17 story lines and I only cared about 1 or 2. And GRRM’s writing about teenage girls creeped me out, so I never tried the show.

And I am still watching Walking Dead with Shannon.

10:17 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I have been watching TWD since the first episode and I stumbled across it after taking the kids trick or treating. Season 9 is like a good new series after slogging along for awhile. I have never been interested enough to watch GOT, for some reason. I watch very little TV other than sports, so it’s hard to make it into my rotation of shows.

• Realme
      10:22 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I though the first half of season 9 was much better than it had been, and then it stepped back again with the last half. I still have 2 episodes left to watch though. I wish so many of the long term characters weren’t gone / leaving, but it won’t make me stop watching.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Honestly, the show GOT is maybe a little better than the books, and I pretty much never say that. GRR Martin’s writing is very slow. He needs a better editor. The show has much better pacing. I’ve read all the books, but it’s freaking me out that the show is ahead of the books now.

10:31 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Hopefully your’re not watching the DVR version of the next episode. Mine (and a lot of other people) cut off at the 1 hr mark and didn’t record the last 25 minutes. Where it cut off could have been kind of a cliffhanger ending, but kind of lame. I didn’t realize I missed anything until the next day when people were talking about the shocking things that happened.

• Realme
      10:33 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I have it on my Youtubetv dvr. If something doesn’t record right, it often overwrites it with a rerun anyways. Fingers crossed.

10:35 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Good. From what I hear, the rerun that comes on a couple of hours later was fine.

• Realme
      10:36 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Jdub I would hope so. Trying to read the books was a job. I stopped half way through book 2. How does the tv show handle the forcing a 15 year old girl into marriage type stuff. Because reading the way Martin wrote about her made my skin crawl.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Oh, there’s still incest and forced marriage and all the scandalous bits. Lysa Arran and her son Robert, *shudder*. They just cut out a lot of the boring parts that drag. Also there are a lot of changes in the show, the general gist of it is still the same, but they changed some stuff.

• Realme
      10:48 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I just picture Martin sitting there like a perved out Jabba the Hut while writing that stuff. Maybe I shouldn’t judge him by the content he writes, but I do.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Stephen King writes horror but seems really normal and has a good sense of humor whenever I seen him interviewed.

10:59 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I have never heard Stephen King described as normal. lol But I do love his writing, and his weirdness is a huge part of that.

11:01 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Apparently, according to him, he did a LOT of acid in his college days. So that probably has a little something to do with it. Reading “IT” really creeped me out for awhile.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Stephen King is not normal…ha ha; but, he is talented. Salem’s Lot is still my favorite book, and it only was made into a TV movie that couldn’t do it justice. I think Hutch of “Starsky and Hutch” was in it.
      Of course, “Shawshank” was terrific.

5. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:18 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Interesting take from a duke alum… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHnDmytchh4

• runningunnin.454
      10:28 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Wow, a Duke one-and-done hater. I think he’s one of our trolls.
      And, a Duke fan says, “We had a very successful season, and made it to the Elite Eight. Most schools would drool to get that far”.
      And so it goes…

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:30 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

If you read the comments on the duke fansite it makes you realize how bad our negative fans really are.

6. I forgot to tell you guys something somewhat humorous. On Sunday after we lost, I’m still sulking and tons of my FB friends who are Auburn fans are posting “War Eagle” and the obligatory pics from Toomer’s Corner. Well, a friend who is a Bama fan posted “There are WAY too many Auburn fans in my feed right now!” It made me chuckle and gave me a LITTLE something to smile about.

Of course then I had to post a meme I saw. You know, the one with Forrest Gump saying “And just like that…” insert joke here. This one said something like “And just like that, Auburn fans actually like basketball.” Some of my AU fan friends clicked the laughing emoji and one who did (an AU alum) also responded with “That’s the sport where they bounce the ball, right?”

7. runningunnin.454
    10:36 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Is he really comparing Guns n Roses to the Fab4? I’ll retire to Bedlam.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:37 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Matt should never talk about music for any reason.

• Realme
      10:38 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Yes, Iam. Yes.

• I can’t believe I haven’t thought to post this. I came across this video of Buddy Rich (jazz drummer if you don’t know) totally SHREDDING country music. What makes it so funny is he is so nonchalant yet brutal & unbending about it at the same time. I wonder what Matt would think since all his country is from this era?

BTW, I do like some country music, including some that Matt likes from the 70s, and I’m sure Rich would have been just as brutal if he had been asked about rock and roll.

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Saw a great b/w video of a Beatles early performance. Google “The Beatles-NME-1964 LIVE.
      It’s hilarious; on “You Can’t Do That” John thinks it’s time for George’s guitar riff, screams, and steps back from the mike…oops, little early there, John.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:47 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

While I appreciate his talent as a drummer, and he was great, I don’t necessarily appreciate his comments about country music.

• I’m no musician, but I know what I like. I just thought it was hilarious that he was so laid back on one hand but had guns blazing with his words.

• I didn’t realize that version of the interview was shortened until just now. In the longer version, Goober asks Rich “Well what about when a Chet Atkins plays with the Boston Pops Orchestra?”, and with zero hesitation Rich says “I accept Boston Pops but I reject Chet Atkins.” Haha.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:48 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Comes across as arrogance to me Chris.

8. ClutchCargo
    10:38 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Just stop, Matt. Van Halen had a longer run than Guns n Roses, so it would naturally be harder to immediately name their biggest song.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:39 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

And he could only name 3 Guns n Roses hits, even though they had more. I can name more than him and I’m way older than him.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:41 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Van Halen had a too many hits to name.

• Van Halen was AWESOME! I saw them in 1980 during the “Women & Children First” tour. I was right in front of the stage and caught a Michael Anthony guitar pick. My ears are still ringing.

Trivia: the opening act was called Talas. Anyone know anything about them (or at least one member) without looking up their Wikipedia page?

• Oh, and it was Halloween night and they all came out in costumes. Pretty cool.

• CATandMONKEY
      1:16 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Was that Billy Sheehan on bass?

9. Realme
    10:38 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Why does Matt keep complaining about Lexington and Louisville having “too many” music festivals? Don’t go if you don’t want to.

10. Realme
    10:42 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

They won’t “get rid of one and done”. Some guys might skip college, but there will still be others that play for a year and leave. Unless the NBA refuses to take them.

10:47 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I don’t get the hand wringing about HS players going to the NBA and ruining college basketball. The first couple of years, there might be too many who try to go and fail. Those kids will serve as a warning to the others who are considering making the wrong move and the system will correct itself. Granted, the G League makes it a little more problematic, but I still think the college game will be fine.

• Realme
      10:50 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Agreed, Clutch.

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

The one-and-done rule got put in place because there were getting to be too many Kwame Brown’s and Sebastian Telfair’s who were busts. Either way it’s an NBA rule, and Cal adapted to it first and best. I don’t know why Cal always gets blamed for it other than stupidity.

11. Realme
    10:58 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Good grief. How many times has Matt taken time off to decide about running for office now? Seven?

11:04 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

He reminds me of those people I used to see on Facebook posting really cryptic things designed to get people asking what’s going on.

• Realme
      11:08 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Seriously, just let us know what you decide, drama queen.

11:12 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Are you sure you and StillBP are not one and the same? 🙂

• Realme
      11:16 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

We are pretty simpatico.

• StillBP
      12:14 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

hahaha we do have a lot of similar thoughts!

• StillBP
      12:16 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

I’d say I’m more hot-headed than Real lol. She does a good job of not letting the trolls get to her. I, on the other hand, lose my $hit sometimes when arguing with them!

12. Realme
    11:18 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

So did the mother actually get murdered by the kidnappers? Would make more sense than her giving him to them and then writing a “He’s fine” note and committing suicide.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

They can usually tell if someone committed suicide or not.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Can’t listen today. At UK with my eldest. All I can say is WOW! I want to go back to school.

11:19 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Seriously. The housing and really the whole campus is so much nicer than when I was there.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

True dat.

• runningunnin.454
      11:28 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

CAN we go back to school. Thomas Wolfe notwithstanding, can we recover the past? I wanna go home again.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Too bad if I went back, I wouldn’t be 19-21 again. Sigh.

11:40 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I’m one of those strange people who actually prefer to be an adult and wouldn’t want to go back to the college days. Not that it was a bad experience, but I have moved on 100%.

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I’d like to give up adulting for a couple of weeks, but wouldn’t want to go back permanently.

11:53 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I was a really immature and foolish young guy. It’s a wonder I survived to tell about it.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:54 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

If I could just go back to 50 and stay there I’d be happy, I don’t see that a being greedy.

14. ClutchCargo
    11:18 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I hope that kid is who he claims to be. I can’t begin to imagine what he and his family went through for 8 years.

15. Realme
    11:27 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Please tell me Grant Williams will leave. I can’t deal with another year of his flopping.

11:33 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Plus, I’m tired of having UT fans acting like their men’s basketball team is good. See ya’ll again in about 3 – 4 years.

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Charging foul on RM, Grant Williams to the free throw line.

11:37 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Flagrant 1 on me, I guess.

• runningunnin.454
      11:38 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

• Realme
      11:38 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

And now he’s just laying on the floor smiling and clapping.

• runningunnin.454
      11:42 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, RM; if you’re going to foul him, make sure he FEELS IT.

11:43 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Get away from the damn monitor and make the call, Doug Shows!!

• StillBP
      12:17 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

he’s not a senior??? Oh geez, I didn’t realize that.

16. ClutchCargo
    11:37 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I agree that the play in games shouldn’t count as tournament wins. If you get in that way, you didn’t play a team that was already in the tournament.