KSR Show Thread 4/30: Shave his Back!

The KSR crew is back in the studio after an electric night of wrestling at Rupp Arena. Today the gang will talk about all of the shenanigans from WWE’s Raw, the latest in UK football recruiting and details from Johnny Juzang’s official visit.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

59 Comments for KSR Show Thread 4/30: Shave his Back!

1. I’m in for at least a bit today!

My 2 cents about the draft: as a lifelong & long suffering Bengals fan, I hate that Benny is with the much hated Steelers. However, I certainly wish him well on an individual basis. The fact that Mike Tomlin said they want him to change the locker room because they’ve seen his attitude speaks VOLUMES, and that was the best thing I read about the draft (except about the bachelorette parties…lol just kidding). They obviously have seen some of his post-game interviews and such that we all loved, and maybe his mugging for the camera during the Miss St game.

Oh, and for all of you who posted things like “How can you stick with that Bengals franchise after all the years of blah blah blah…”, do you want me to dump UK for Bama because we’ve stunk so long in football just because I live in Bama? You want me to be one of those “I’m a Kentucky BASKETBALL fan but I’m a Bama FOOTBALL fan” dudes? I thought not. As Oscar Combs always said, ‘Nuff said.

• My point being I’m a loyal fan. Yes, it stinks that Mike Brown seems to only care about turning a profit and not winning, but…it is what it is. Haha.

• Realme
      10:18 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Good points, Chris. As fan of no specific team, I would say it often looks like the Bengals (or Bingles, as Matt would say) don’t even want to be good. At least UK was always trying…

• JTHinton
      10:21 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

WHO DEY!! Agree with everything that cg said regarding Benny …

• Bingles is better than Bungles, which unfortunately does describe many Bengal seasons.

• J-Dub421
      10:25 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Because Benny is awesome and a delight on a personal level.

• He is, and I’m sure the UK coaches were selling NFL teams on his attitude, leadership, and work ethic.

• StillBP
      10:43 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

There are only 2 things I like about the Steelers: Benny, and Mike Tomlin. Benny for obvious reasons. Tomlin because he works with an agency to end sex trafficking.

• StillBP
      10:45 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

chris, I agree with all that about being loyal to your team, good for you! People love to call us Cowboys fans “bandwagon fans” which I think is hilarious. The Cowboys haven’t been good for over 20 years, wouldn’t us “bandwagon fans” have ditched them by now? Do the haters think it’s fun to watch your team never do good in the playoffs? I love my team no matter how good or bad they are.

• I think there are a lot of bandwagon fans out there who latch on to teams because they’re good. Even UK bball has some of that, although not nearly as much as Duke and UNCheat. I’m not saying you are, but I’ve told this story here before:

A recruiting guy was on a local sports show here in the early to mid 90s, so it was before Rivals, Scout, etc. (those guys all did newsletters) and before we had an all sports station here. He said he was on a show in Birmingham I believe. Someone called in to ask about UK bball recruiting, and the host said “Wait a minute, you’re an Alabama fan.” The caller said “I’m a Bama FOOTBALL fan but I’m a Kentucky BASKETBALL fan”. The recruiting guy said “Let me guess. You’re a Dallas Cowboys fan.” They guy said “How did you know?” At least that’s how he told the story.

• StillBP
      1:00 pm April 30, 2019 Permalink

I know someone who claims to be a Alabama college football fan, a Duke basketball fan, a Yankees baseball fan, and a Lakers pro bball fan. All he’s missing is the Steelers football fan.

2. Realme
    10:20 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

I don’t really like that report and hope it’s not all true. It makes it sound like Cal wanted to leave, which I find insulting, and is very uncool if he was spending a lot of time on that during the season.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:24 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t get to include my “neighbors” story yesterday so, A couple of weeks ago my new neighbors were annoying me with very loud country music.
    So, I set up the big Marshall amp and serenaded them with D’yer Mak’er, Smoke on the Water, and House of the Rising Sun, ha ha..complete silence.
    BTW, I bet Matt doesn’t know that HRS was first recored in 1937 by Georgia Turner of Middlesboro, Ky under the title Rising Sun Blues. And people think the song belongs to the Animals.

• I didn’t know that. You are truly a fount of information!

Also, what you did to the neighbors: I want to do that with some “Black Dog” or “Rock and Roll” by Led Zeppelin when I have rap music shaking the windows in my house.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Try some Phantom of the Opera, that’s what I use.

• Baby Shark? πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Ha! Reminds me of what I did to the lady sitting in the Kroger parking lot with her windows rolled down listening to Rust Lintball! I cranked up “Suck My Kiss” by Red Hot Chili Peppers for her. πŸ˜€ The dirty look I got from her was absolutely delicious!

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

The Marines used to blast Barney singing “I love you, you love me…” at 120 decibels when the Taliban were hiding in the caves in Afghanistan. πŸ™‚

4. Realme
    10:29 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Can you imagine if Cal ever did go to another school, and started telling them that they are the best job in basketball, move the needle, are college basketball… We would hate him so much.

5. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:32 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Matt sounds like a high school girl who just found out her boyfriend cheated.

6. Matt trusts the media more than coaches and politicians? ROTFL!!!

• Realme
      10:40 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Wow did he say that? He probably trusts lawyers too, ha ha.

• Yep, he did. He said media members don’t have as much of an agenda as the others.

• Realme
      10:47 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

That’s a bizarre thing to say in 2019.

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

I think there are still a FEW members of the media who are honest and upright, but their numbers are shrinking. Politicians, on the other hand…

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:06 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Politicians are nothing more that professional liars, cheats and thieves.

7. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:41 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

I tried really hard to watch Matt interview Reid Travis on Hey KY, but as hard as it is to listen to him on the radio, it’s way harder to listen and watch at the same time.

• Realme
      10:45 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

You are so right. The facial expressions, the hand gestures, the weird things his hair is usually doing…

• runningunnin.454
      10:47 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Veritable assault on the senses?

• StillBP
      10:48 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

yeah I tried to watch a couple of times; can’t do it. Love the site, don’t really love Matt haha

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:48 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

I wonder if he’s ever watched tape of himself on TV? What am I saying? Of course he has!

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:50 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Lol runnin’ you have a way with words!

8. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

I had a buddy in college who’s roommate used to shave his back. Let’s just say that his roommate never had to pay for his beer.

9. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:57 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Is this mashburnfan on the phone?

10. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

Oh gawd, rasslin’ talk again. Time for earbud to come out.

11. BigJohnC
    11:15 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

What’s the word on Johnny juzangs visit so far?

• runningunnin.454
      11:18 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

We’ll never know, they rather talk about rasslin and fish.

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

That’s just Matt trying to pander to his future voting base. πŸ˜€

12. ClutchCargo
    11:53 am April 30, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know why people say they don’t think we can win 10 games next season in football. The schedule is the most favorable it has been in awhile, and I really don’t see us taking much of a step back in performance. Plus, they will have me, my wife and son at the home games cheering them on!

13. ClutchCargo