KSR Show Thread 4/29: Start your week off right

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will recap a huge weekend for Kentucky Football, including last night’s commitment from four-star OL John Young, preview Johnny Juzang’s official visit, and catch up with Billy, who will tell us all about an epic Masters.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

58 Comments for KSR Show Thread 4/29: Start your week off right

1. Realme
    10:16 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m more excited to watch these guys in the NFL than I ever am about watching our bball guys in the NBA.

• StillBP
      10:21 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Same, but I’m pretty bummed about Benny to the Steelers. Yeah yeah, I know it’s a great fit for him. But I’m being selfish here, I hate the Steelers. Can’t root for him. Don’t wish anything bad on him, but can’t root for his team and therefore kinda can’t root for him. Or maybe I can root for him to rack up yards but not score TDs lol

• Realme
      10:23 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Is Bud still there too?

• StillBP
      10:27 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

yes, unfortunately!

• StillBP
      10:29 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

This is Bud’s 5th year w them, they exercised his 5th year option. I’d like to see him go elsewhere as a free agent next year but if the Steelers are smart they’ll lock him up with another contract.

• Realme
      10:34 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I don’t have any pro football hate, so I’ll root for them.

10:37 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m a really interested fan of NFL football, but I don’t have one team that I follow exclusively. My fandom is almost more influenced by fantasy football than anything else.

• StillBP
      10:41 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Well my Cowboys have Randall Cobb this year. Woo!

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Couldn’t believe all the Steeler hate over the weekend. That didn’t bother me; but, we have a couple of new trolls that were bashing Benny; and, I got a little nasty with one of them…hope none of you saw that; probably said some things I shouldn’t…ha ha.

• JTHinton
      12:33 pm April 29, 2019 Permalink

Rg, I’m probably too late … I absolutely HATE anything to do with the Steelers but I cannot understand how Benny deserves any of that hatred β€” he doesn’t control where he gets picked!

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I really only follow pro sports casually if at all, so it really doesn’t matter much to me where they go, as long as they have a decent shot at success on the field or on the court. I was pretty bummed when Tim Couch got stuck on such a crummy team as the Browns, however. It was like, “hey Tim, you had an amazing college career, your prize is playing for a team where even the name refers to a turd, and you get to be abused by opposing pass rushers and run for your life.”

• StillBP
      11:03 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

wish I had seen it, rg! LOL! I’m not surprised at the Steeler hate, though. It’s easy to hate them! My team is well hated too. To make it even easier for me to hate them, most of the Louisville fans I know are also Steeler fans…double the hate!

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:06 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha runnin, had to go back a check it out, good job! I follow players more than any particular team logo, I like watching the best players unless they’re with the Seahawks, Ravens or Buccaneers, Colts and (no offense to anyone) but have a hard time understanding how any fan can stick with the Bengals all these years. Love watching Brees, who got screwed the last two seasons.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

How can anyone bash Benny??

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:36 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Probably easy for a UL fan.

• StillBP
      11:43 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I think the bashing Benny person was just a troll. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, he kept saying how Damien Harris was a great guy. Not saying Damien isn’t, just saying that person was clearly trying to push buttons.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure Mississippi State fans, and South Carolina fans, etc. don’t like Benny either, since he crammed it down their throats for three years. However, how can you call yourself a UK fan and not like Benny? I love Benny.

11:53 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I’ll bet that troll bounced right off like a would-be tackler. It would take a whole team of trolls working together to bash Benny.

2. Realme
    10:18 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

That girlfriend thing is the first Gunnar to Ohio State explanation that makes sense to me.

10:22 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Is it my turn to comment at 10:22 or yours? πŸ™‚

• Realme
      10:25 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha I went with 10:23 since BP took the 10:21.

3. ClutchCargo
    10:20 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

The guys are already bringing some weird sports takes. Gunnar transferring is not a good thing, no matter how you try to spin it. Somebody is going to have to really step up and be ready to go as a backup.

• Realme
      10:24 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Do you guys agree that Bowden would be the go to if Terry was out for a brief period of time?

10:25 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Bowden is kind of the Randall Cobb of this team, so I wouldn’t be surprised, especially if something happened to Terry early in the season.

• StillBP
      10:38 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Def don’t want to see Bowden behind center, unless it’s just briefly like Matt Roark.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m just hoping and praying that nothing happens to Terry. Everyone cross your fingers, cross your toes, cross everything.

10:40 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

So Bowden is going to lead us to victory over UT? I’ll take it!

• Realme
      10:40 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

All I can think about is that one time he threw one of the worst passes ever, but I know he played it before so he might be a safer option. Be nice if one of the youngsters came out fighting though.

10:46 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I remember that, RM. He looked like he wanted to reach out and pull that pass back for a do over. Maybe him having his gloves on was a factor. With his ability to see the field and think a step ahead of everybody else, I have no doubt he could do it.

4. Realme
    10:51 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Be as cocky as you want kid, as long as you back it up on the field.

5. RealCatsFan
    11:00 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Um, yeah Ryan, that dude who booby trapped his porch just looks like the typical friendly next door neighbor! πŸ˜€

11:13 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

More knives in that board than teeth in his mouth. Anybody who clowns like that in a mug shot is anything but typical.

• runningunnin.454
      11:16 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

And you know that will hit the national news networks…great look for us.

11:18 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Only Florida can outdo us in bad looks because of crazy people in the news.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Crazy eyes. You can always tell by the eyes.

• RealCatsFan
      11:34 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Oh, Florida can outdo us in nutjobs without even trying. California too.

11:35 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Oh yeah. Crazy Californians are so common, I completely overlooked them.

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub, crazy eyes, and those glasses like Michael Douglass wore in “Falling Down”.

11:46 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

There’s a guy who lives about a quarter mile from my house who looks a LOT like that dude. I am big on getting to know as many of the people who live around me as I possibly can. Not only to make friends, but also to know which ones to keep an eye on.

6. ClutchCargo
    11:16 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I’m a fan of John Young already. Just listening to him talk, you can tell he is definitely all in on UK. He wasn’t convinced by anyone to choose the Cats, it’s in his blood.

• Realme
      11:21 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

He’s great. Just broke my rule of ignoring recruiting until signing day and followed him on Twitter.

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Like Ryan said, he sounds SO mature. And intelligent.

7. cats646
    11:17 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I would like to hug John Youngs neck!!!
    Build this class baby!!

8. J-Dub421
    11:29 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Matt is just proving to me that he totally lacks imagination.

• Realme
      11:35 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I quit listening during the GOT stuff. Then I put the earbud back in and he was talking about some trash reality show and declared that “women would like it because…” so I had to tune out again.

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Also how is Matt going to say he doesn’t like superhero movies or Game of Thrones, and only likes “real people” when he loves the super fake fantasy world of wrestling?

• StillBP
      11:44 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Wrestling is like the worst soap opera ever written.

11:51 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Rasslin’ is a soap opera for middle schoolers.

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Yep – wrestling talk starts = ear bud comes out.

9. Realme
    11:44 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Raisins will ruin a perfectly good trail mix or cookie. I feed them to birds.

• StillBP
      11:45 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

There’s not a lot worse food-wise than thinking you have a chocolate chip cookie and biting down to realize you’ve been betrayed with raisins.

11:50 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

I hate biting into a raisin in a bowl of cereal. Obviously I don’t like raisin brand cereal.

11:50 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

*bran

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Raisins are supposed to be really good for you, but I don’t particularly like them either. My younger daughter refuses to eat them simply because they remind her of boogers. πŸ˜€

11:59 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

You need to buy your daughter a Navage right away, RCF! πŸ™‚

10. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, it was sad when Rodney Dent tore his ACL, but still not nearly as sad for me as when Nerlens tore his. Part of it was because Nerlens was the heart of that team, he was such a good kid, and he had so much potential at the next level. Plus, we knew we would only get him for a year, so that made it even worse. That was perhaps literally the most devastating injury in the history of UK Basketball. There are a few others that come close – Derek Anderson, Bogans, Bowie, etc., but that one just sucked the air out of the UK fanbase.

11:57 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, Nerlens going down was pretty bad, but Anderson and Bogans were more crucial, in my mind. Those two teams were that close to having a great chance to win it all if not for their star player being out.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am April 29, 2019 Permalink

It was awful watching the rest of our players carry Nerlens off the court screaming in pain.