KSR Show Thread 4/20: Tom Hart takeover!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt and Ryan are both out today for family reasons, so we went to the bullpen to call up one of our favorites. Tom Hart is co-hosting today’s show along with Drew Franklin and Shannon the Dude, so listen in to hear how he’s coping during the pandemic and his thoughts on The Last Dance.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

44 Comments for KSR Show Thread 4/20: Tom Hart takeover!

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:02 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Any word on Haarms? (shoutout to the old days of Ppat and the other guy…I forgot his name)

Oh, and FIRST!!! Haha. Another shoutout to the old days.

• ClutchCargo
      10:12 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I always laughed at those questions. Yeah, they’re just sitting on a ton of info, waiting for someone to ask about it. lol

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Article this past weekend said Haarms may take another week; he’s wanting to take “virtual tours” of several schools.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:22 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I guess he’s digging his quarantine.

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

The other guy? Jay something or other…

• ClutchCargo
      10:27 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

It’s a pretty big decision to be a grad transfer from Purdue. He probably just wants to make sure he is doing this right.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:31 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Incidentally, I found KSR right about that time. They had just announced the hiring of BCG or the rumors were in the air, and I Googled UK athletics or UK basketball or something. I had already been reading the LHL site for a while and participating on their message boards (shoutout to MadKentucky, the most insane member, but he was UK through and through), but wanted to see what other stories were out there to find the latest. I think KSR was about the 3rd, 4th, or 5th search result. I believe UK had just announced and Matt had his thoughts posted. I still didn’t read it much for a while but eventually got hooked. I definitely remember one of the writers made a big deal that Matt got some face time asking Cal a question at his intro presser. I also remember thinking “Look at that hair”. Not that mine is anything to look at. lol

• Realme
      10:37 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I can’t remember when I found ksr. I just know I was visiting this aggregator called Spam’s Wildcat Page multiple times a day, and I soon realized all the articles I liked most were on this site. Soon after I saw a reference to the show (show thread?), and decided to check it out, listened ever since. It was back when Jax Teller and Fake Nate and Wildcat Corey were the stars of the thread and the guys actually used it on air.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I am beyond sick and tired of no sports, no concerts, no family gathering, no hanging with friends, basically NO FUN. But I’m not going to Frankfort to protest about it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I stand with Michigan for sure. WAAAAAY too many restrictions there. And some of these folks are out of work. It’s not just being spoiled.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I don’t have an issue with people exercising their 2nd amendment rights, but it seems odd that all or most of the protests are against democratic governors, when most republican governors have the same restrictions in place. And the POTUS encouraging protests against democratic governors, even though those protests are against the president’s own policy, looks like a thinly veiled political move to me. Apparently the protests in Kentucky were organized by a supporter of former Governor Bevin, so I don’t know how “grass roots” the protests really are.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

But cg, I do agree that it seems like some restrictions could be dialed back safely if common sense precautions are followed.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:30 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

RCF, she banned selling seeds and plants to grow food. In a time when people have lost their jobs and businesses and grocery stores can’t keep shelves stocked. Plus there are plenty of people who grow food to supplement their incomes.

Don’t even get me started on the Chicago mayor disobeying her own edict and getting a haircut. One of her excuses was that she’s in the public eye. Translation: I’m important. I need it. You’re not. You don’t.

It’s the same with Bloomberg when the citizen asked him about his gun ban activity while he has armed security. “I’m important (and RICH!). I need it. You’re not. You don’t.”

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

cg, exactly, and see my response above. Unfortunately, that “I’m above the rules” attitude seems to be almost universal in government these days. In fact, it extends beyond government into probably the majority of people who are in power, either politically or economically.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I had the same experience with my downstairs smoke detector. Pulled the battery out and the damned thing kept on beeping. I put it out in the garage – it was driving me nuts. I think there must be some kind of LI battery in the circuit board to keep it beeping like that. Most laptops have the same thing – keeps it from losing all your settings if the main battery runs down all the way.

• Realme
      10:43 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Ours are all mysteriously interactive with each other, but not the exact same models. Once one gets mad about its’ battery, any of them can chirp. One time my husband put a battery in wrong and we didn’t realize it, so they were going off every 6 hours or so, it was a nightmare. Somwtimes when they go off, they talk, in a scary hard to decipher end of the world voice. We have smoke alarm ptsd.

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

The first time the smoke detector in the living room went off (that first time in the fall when the heat kicks on and dust gets hot) it started saying “Fire!” in that weird voice at about 5 a.m. No coffee needed that morning to fully wake up. lol

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

One of our dogs is affected by that chirp in the same way a lot of dogs freak out about thunder or fireworks.

• Realme
      10:50 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I’m stressed out thinking about it. Why is it always 3 am when they decide to start chirping?

• runningunnin.454
      10:56 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Same reason everything, refrigerators and TV’s, break down on weekends…Murphy’s Law or something.

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Our dog is scared of the chirping smoke detector too. The cat, on the other hand, couldn’t give a @hit. 🙂

Nothing like being stuck at home and your smoke detectors all decide to rebel against you.

4. Realme
    10:32 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Did they say why Matt’s out? His dad is back in the hospital. Hope they can help him.

• ClutchCargo
      10:34 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

One day last week Matt said his dad was doing much better, and it seemed all was fine. Maybe just getting him settled back in at home? I will assume it’s not something bad until told otherwise.

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Okay, so I suck at assuming.

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Sigh – my prayer list has gotten so long that I could spend every waking moment praying. I hope Matt’s dad makes a quick recovery. It is tough when we are at the age where our parents are getting on in years.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I hear ya. It finally happened. I now know someone with corona. An older man at church has it. I don’t know him well, but all indications are he’s a wonderful man.

5. ClutchCargo
    10:32 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

C’mon, Tom. Bamboo is also native to parts of the U.S., not just something brought from Asia or elsewhere.

6. classof68
    10:33 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Smoke detectors contain a capacitor. And as any HS general science student will tell you, a capacitor stores electrical energy. If you touch one that has stored a charge you will get shocked. Hence, the smoke detector will continue to beep until the capacitor is fully discharged.

7. Realme
    10:48 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

What happened to funny Tom Hart? I don’t need professional Tom Hart on a Monday morning.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:02 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Can’t believe they did a TEN episode series on MJ and the Bulls. More than Alex Haley’s “Roots”, and Ken Burns series on Baseball and the Civil War. Overkill?

• ClutchCargo
      11:14 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I’m not going to judge anybody for their choice of entertainment during this time, but I don’t care enough to start watching that. Never was a fan of MJ. There could come a time when I’m bored enough to jump in, but I’m not there yet.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:33 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Too much for me to watch if it ain’t UK or the Reds. I would say Bengals too but we’ve had so many bad years. Hopefully that will change. Both those 2 Super Bowls that we came oh so close to winning. *sigh* 49ers grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

9. runningunnin.454
    11:26 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

So, MJ would not have been a regular at the UL dorm parties…party pooper, lol.

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Did he at least pretend to go to the fake classes at UNCheat? Maybe that’s covered in episode 2.

• Realme
      11:30 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha Clutch wins the show thread today.

• runningunnin.454
      11:37 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I think Jordan did return to school to get his degree in geography; so he’s probably aware that the Earth is not flat.

• ClutchCargo
      11:37 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Awesome! What’s the prize for that?

• ClutchCargo
      11:38 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I think Kyrie Irving still has to learn about that round Earth stuff at Duke, rg.

• Realme
      11:43 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

Iheart will mail it to you, Clutch. It’s a $10 gift card to somewhere that doesn’t have items that only cost $10.

10. ClutchCargo
    11:50 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

This bit is getting me strangely fired up for basketbaaaaall action! 🙂

11. Realme
    11:50 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I don’t have any idea what they are doing right now.

• ClutchCargo
      11:52 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I think they’re bringing the goofy Tom Hart you were asking about.

12. ClutchCargo
    11:54 am April 20, 2020 Permalink

I am going to really miss the Tom Hart/Andy Kennedy game broadcast team.