KSR Show Thread 4/12: Jared Lorenzen’s in the house

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Jared Lorenzen is joining the crew for Matt’s last day of vacation to preview tonight’s Spring Game, talk about what’s been going on in his life lately, and generally, have a grand ole time.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

43 Comments for KSR Show Thread 4/12: Jared Lorenzen’s in the house

1. runningunnin.454
    10:04 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Hefty Lefty, The Abominable Throwman.

• Pillsbury Throwboy; J-Load.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

He wanted “J-Lo” because he thought she would hear about it, and want to meet him. Guess it didn’t work out.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

This is not a criticism of anyone else here, but I don’t feel as ok about joking about his weight as I did during his playing days.

• I hear ya Clutch, but even then it wasn’t a healthy thing. I’m just glad he seems to be getting it under control from what we’ve been told.

I’m not listening today and just checking in for a minute. Busy and have to go on the road for my job later, to the port town of Mobile. Still working on the Pensky file.

Go traveling for jobs on a Friday, and go Cats!!!

And no, I am NOT wnp. lol

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I’m just glad Jared is working on it for his health. He always seems like the best dude.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I have a buddy I used to play ball with who reminds me of Jared. Last time I saw him he was bigger than ever. My B-I-L is like that too. I worry about both of them.

• weneedpitino
      10:58 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Good morning to all my ksr commenter family. I hope all is well with you all. Go cats, and go to weneedpitino’s return!!

• ClutchCargo
      11:04 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, good to see J-Lo is making progress. Go cats, go wnp’s return and go ketosis!!

• Realme
      11:05 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I’ve never understood why even callers who call in to be nice always have to mention his weight. Is it not possible to say hey to Jared as if hes a person and his size doesn’t matter? Go Spring Game and Go Not Treating Fat People Like That’s Their Only Quality. (Missed you wnp, where you been?)

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Wenee, I have been wondering where you have been. Were you rolling around in a puddle of motor oil under that Dodge?

• ClutchCargo
      11:10 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

In almost all cases, I would agree with that, realme. But I think as public an issue as his weight has always been for him, and the fact that there was even an E:60 episode about it, it’s probably fair game. I would like to think that it provides accountability for him to stick to the plan, but who knows.

• weneedpitino
      11:15 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Well hey clutch, and realme thank you for the warm welcome. Well as some may recall from a comment I made awhile back about starting a badminton club at the local elementary school in my parts. That is what I was busy with, and I’ll be daggoned I tried just that for 2 weeks and for the life of me I couldn’t get those kids interested in it. It’s one of the few times in my life that I didnt succeed. The kids had no interest in it at all, they kept saying this is lame, or this is dumb. Go cats, and go to weneedpitino to maybe get a croquet club started up!!

• weneedpitino
      11:18 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Hey rcf how are ya? I did not partake in the engine rebuild, but as a matter of fact the 383 magnum is getting dropped into ol blue tonight. Go cats, and go to ol blues second chance at life!!

• RealCatsFan
      12:04 pm April 12, 2019 Permalink

We will be looking for a YouTube video of that Dodge truck doing a big smoky burnout with it’s new heartbeat in place. 😀

• runningunnin.454
      10:10 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Not quite yet; time for Kentucky FOOTBALL.

• ClutchCargo
      10:17 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I’ll be smoking 5 pork butts overnight to feed a bridal shower crowd at the neighbors’ tomorrow. I can still watch football. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/pork-recipes/perfect-pulled-pork-recipe

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Y’all are making me hungry; cease and desist immediately.

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

There’s plenty of time for watching football and drinking beer while smoking meat.

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Hell yeah, J-Dub! I even mounted a TV near my outside cooking area so I can watch football while doing that. I barely need to come inside in the fall.

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Well crap, it’s a Friday during Lent, and I’m Catholic. (Although I have been known to fall off the wagon…)

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Well it won’t be ready until about noon on Saturday. Does that work for you? I’m making extra for just my family. I have an understanding with all my neighbors that I cook for beer, so ST peeps get the same deal..

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I’ll have my GPS ready, Clutch. 🙂

2. Hey RCF, we’ll be rolling into the ATL next Thursday for our annual Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes convention that our daughter’s church youth group takes part in. I expect we’ll see those 1,000,000 volleyballers while there.

• RealCatsFan
      10:49 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Yep, you’ll be seeing all those young Amazonian women and their genetic lottery winning parents. I’m still suspicious that some of them have been juicing their kids since birth with HGH. Seems like all the wealthy kids in the North Oldham district are super-sized. Hmmmm

3. RealCatsFan
    10:51 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I know I may sound like THAT fan, but it chafes me to see our kids leave for the NBA year after year when I see players who actually outplayed them coming back for another year.

Oh well, at least we aren’t LSU.

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

The NBA loves youth and drafts on potential.

• ClutchCargo
      10:57 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I think the issue with that is our young future stars are still near the beginning of their development, while those other players are maybe less talented, but are more seasoned. Taking these grad transfers might be a way around that.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:55 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, Skal, we hardly knew ye. There’s that old UK-NBA curse again…potential. Takes a while doesn’t it?

5. J-Dub421
    11:01 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Willie averaged about 12 points, 8+ rebounds, and 2+ assists per game. His PER is 18, which is pretty good. Who do Kings fans think they’re going to get that’s better? Players aren’t beating down the door to go to Sacramento. You people already ran Boogie off.

• ClutchCargo
      11:15 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I may have missed something, but Kings fans want WCS gone? That’s just dumb. He is never going to be the focal point of anybody’s offense, but he does the exact same stuff against NBA guys that he did in college.

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

He’s not going to be an all-star, but Willie is solid for the Kings night-in and night-out. He’s been really consistent and you know exactly what you’re getting with him. He’s been a consistent 10-12 and 8-9 a night guy. And yes, apparently stupid Kings fans want Willie gone.

6. ClutchCargo
    11:19 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I’m feeling giddy with all this football talk!

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Lynn Bowden has taken it to another level this year, if all the talk is correct. That’s exciting. I also think Terry will make a big jump forward in his second year. Both our lines should be solid. I think our run game is in good shape. My biggest concerns are the secondary and the rest of the receivers.

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Agree on Terry. Rarely do Juco transfers hit the ground running for us. But they frequently step up by the second year.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Anyone in the SEC in their first year isn’t going to hit the ground running. Not at QB at least.

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Unless your name is Tua, J-Dub. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:37 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

I think Ahmad Wagner has been looking good…big target.

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Good point RCF, but he’s the exception and not the rule.

7. ClutchCargo
    11:48 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

If he can become a reliable receiver, imagine the nightmares he will give opposing DCs in goal line situations.

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Wagner, that is. And this was supposed to be a reply to rg above.

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am April 12, 2019 Permalink

Wager and Upshaw both are huge targets that will create match-up problems.