KSR Show Thread 3/26: Let’s make Mitch, Please! a bestseller!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Ryan Lemond’s house and the Louisville studios. Matt is out again today to be with his father, Larry, who is battling a serious medical issue, so Ryan, Drew, and Shannon will be on the mics. Let’s show Matt we’re thinking of him by making Mitch, Please! a bestseller.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

73 Comments for KSR Show Thread 3/26: Let’s make Mitch, Please! a bestseller!

1. Realme
    9:58 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Get well Larry!

• Laker Cat 18
      10:08 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Prayers for Matt’s dad. Hope everything goes well. Bad timing to have a serious medical issue at this point in time. My wife’s family is dealing with a similar unexpected scenario with a family member.

• RealCatsFan
      10:10 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Same here – prayers going up for Matt’s dad and his family.

• runningunnin.454
      10:14 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Terrible timing; prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery.

10:38 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Prayers up for Matt & Laker Cat’s families.

2. Realme
    10:00 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Spouse and I have already walked Lex Cemetery and picked up Cracker Barrel breakfast. I think that’s enough for one day. Back to bed after KSR, lol.

• RealCatsFan
      10:11 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I have been wanting to visit Cave Hill in Louisville. it’s a beautiful setting, and a lot of history is there.

• Realme
      10:16 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Cherry trees in bloom right now. Beautiful.

• ClutchCargo
      10:19 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Love those cherry trees. Really, now through about June is a great time to be outside enjoying the scenery.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Also, I’m really pumped that the grass I worked so hard to reseed last fall is thickening up nicely.

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, I put down 50lb of KY31 last week. Now I just watch and wait – and after it comes up, watch the dog destroy it again.

• ClutchCargo
      10:56 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

RCF, I have about 1/2 acre of area that I mow (the rest is wooded) and it was almost entirely killed by the drought last year, so I started nearly from scratch last fall. The next battle is going to be vs all the weeds that were able to get a foothold in all that bare dirt while the grass germinated. I haven’t had a dandelion problem for a long time, but it’s beginning. Not to mention the wheat crop I have started from using straw over the grass seed. Supposedly it just dies after being mowed a few times.

11:05 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Wow, Clutch. I need you to treat my lawn. You seem to have a lot of knowledge. I had never heard of planting anything, much less wheat, with the idea of it dying just after helping your lawn or something.

• ClutchCargo
      11:08 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

It wasn’t intentional, cg. Just a side effect of using straw to mulch grass seed when sowing it. But you can definitely use a faster germinating grass like rye when sowing fescue that kinda does what you describe.

3. Watched 78 Mich St, 78 Duke, and 98 Duke with Billy Packer whining and crying about every call we got. So here’s a little ode to crybaby Packer.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:14 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Is Amazon actually shipping stuff like books right now? Thought I read that they are only shipping essential supplies.

• ClutchCargo
      10:16 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Pretty sure that is only France and Italy that are delivering just essentials.

• Realme
      10:17 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

They are still delivering everything, but with notice that it might take longer.

• ClutchCargo
      10:20 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

The Shepherdsville facilities have been hit pretty hard with COVID-19. Maybe that plays a part in it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:25 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I just ordered it; it didn’t say anything about not being essential; but, delivery of April 29 to May 8…that’s a bit unusual.

5. SMH. I’m guessing Drew and Ryan don’t understand that going to Kroger everyday is not helping to stop the spread. Sheesh. Prayers for Matt’s dad.

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I had to pick up a few necessary items yesterday, and tried to give everyone a wide berth. was disappointed that they didn’t have any hand sanitizing stations or even hand sanitizing gel at the exit. So I drove home trying not to touch my face or mouth. Had to wipe down the inside of the car when I got home. it’s official- this thing has turned me into a germophobe.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

The Kroger that I most frequently use has an employee wiping down carts with the sanitizing wipes and staging them inside the entrance for people to grab as they come in. I don’t know if they all do that, but I thought it was a good idea.

10:53 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, forget sanitizer being available.

I heard that some mayors out there are telling people they can jog and ride a bike, but only for short distances. SERIOUSLY??? Those are things you can do and easily maintain social distancing, and how in the Wide Wide World of Sports do you police that? Scottie beam me up!!!

6. TPACAT
    10:30 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Normally, I would only buy two copies of Matt’s book – one to poop on and one to cover it up with – but in these times of crisis, I’ll go ahead and get a third copy since I’m running low on toilet paper…

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Did you just make that up? You forgot that you need something for the bottom of your parrot’s cage.

• TPACAT
      10:49 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

No, RG454, the first part of it was said by radio great Tedd Webb of WFLA in Tampa to Ron Reagan Jr. when he was on a media tour promoting his POS book bashing his father. And, I thought, how appropriate for Matt’s big day!

10:49 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

TPACAT, see my response to KACAT2 below.

7. Matt please, is what it should say . Keep it to sports before you ruin everything. And please let’s report correct info on here people, Amazon in shephedsville has 3 cases of positive Corona virus I don’t think that warrants saying they’ve been hit hard at all. Don’t blow things out of control like the media has this Corina virus.

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I consider having 3 employees in the same warehouse with positive tests, and having the place shut down since Monday for cleaning to be qualify as “hit pretty hard.” I’m not the freaking out type, so that’s not what this is. Just saying that having certain facilities off-line might affect the delivery schedule.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:35 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Well, here comes the “Get off my lawn!” crew. 😀

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

See? There ya go! CG perfectly demonstrates how to put forth his opinion coherently, effectively, and politely. Much better! He should give lessons to our POTUS!

9. kacat2
    10:35 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Anyone buying this socialist loving America hating crap book should be ashamed of themselves. Kentucky “Sports” Radio my ass. He should be forced to change the name and take sports out of it. He is using the fans passion for sports to push his agenda that the vast majority of Kentuckians hate. Then again, Jones hates KY and thinks everyone from KY should be ruled by a superior liberal thinking baby killing asshat.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Lighten up, Francis. 😀

• RealCatsFan
      10:37 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Rust Lintball comes on at noon. Maybe you should switch channels.

• Realme
      10:38 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Just don’t read it. Problem solved and you can be less bitter.

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Oh, Great; you’re going to get all the comments deleted and disabled. Although, I will say that I wish they wouldn’t do that; freedom of speech is one of the cornerstones of our democracy.

10:42 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

kacat2, let me first say that I have not been pure as the wind driven snow when it comes to my approach when arguing about politics. But, although I am in agreement with you about Matt’s political positions, that approach doesn’t convince anyone.

• Bluehender
      10:54 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Lou? Is that you Lou? Lou, you don’t have to buy it..or read it either..

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

10:57 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

And no, I won’t buy the book, and wouldn’t even if I lived in Kentucky. I’m no Mitch fan, but I wouldn’t vote for a Democrat to replace him either. If I lived there I might have to either not vote (unless someone I liked was trying to primary him like Bevin did…it’s unfortunate he turned out to be kind of a kook apparently) or vote 3rd party.

11:00 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I’m still trying to learn RCF.

• kacat2
      7:12 pm March 26, 2020 Permalink

I’m fine with how I present my argument and don’t give a rats ass about liberal elitist who want to try and press their own viewpoints through insulting me or how I chose to demonstrate my views. If Matt Jones wants to press is political opinions through highjacking what is billed as Kentucky “SPORTS” Radio, this is what he can expect. Matt Jones is a fraud, he is critical of Republicans and mocks Kentuckians on their support of the second amendment and right to life. So let him propose his solutions. Let him explain how he knows how open borders, healthcare for the entire world, gun confiscation from law abiding citizens, the destruction of our economy via the “the green new deal” and supporting infanticide makes our lives better. Stop being a fraud Matt. Run for office, debate someone on YOUR views, you won’t because you are a coward and once everyone knows what you REALLY think about these topics that you won’t have a show a bar or anything else in KY.

10. Ryan or Drew needs to clean out that nasty garage. Stay home and be productive….courtesy of COVID-19. And a simple request….. keep politics out of sports, please.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I only wish I could clean out both of my garages. But alas, I have to work.

• TPACAT
      11:00 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

They can’t help themselves, Big Cat. Whether they truly believe it or not, that have to constantly “clean the undercarriage” of the leftist who signs their paycheck…

11. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:59 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

That’s all for me today folks. I’m about to view a webinar in which the provider claims they can help me do my job better. It’s Harvard Business Press. We’ll see. Haha.

Don’t forget to stream this version of UK-Duke tomorrow: 🙂

11:06 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Actually I’ll keep the ST up on my main screen, but hopefully I’ll be as smart as Matt since I’m being taught by them smart Harvard fellers!

• Realme
      11:22 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Oh goodness, hope it’s not Project Management. Taught our administration how to do everything except consider the ramifications before making silly changes.

11:26 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

It’s about using simulations in business/management courses, particularly online. My program had already moved online about a year and a half ago because on-ground enrollment was already decreasing across the country, including my program. It turns out the move was kind of fortuitous, but they’re primarily aiming this at folks who were on ground and were just forced online by the virus.

11:28 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

So far all they’ve talked about is why you should use them. So far nothing on HOW to use them. A commercial. I want some nuts & bolts but as usual, I probably have to pony up some of my budget before I get that.

One of the textbooks I use has simulations included, but it’s the only one, and HBP has them for several business/management subjects.

11:30 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

The PhD is now giving a little more on how she divides students into groups, etc., for this. The lady from HBP on the left mostly nodding her head.

11:39 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Now they’re moving on to Q & A from viewers, but they indicated there will be a part 2 next week that will give more on how to use them. Hopefully that’s true. HBP wants you to pay to use their simulations, but my budget is limited for such things.

12. Watched a good movie the other day; check out Green Book if you haven’t seen it. It was a book that told black folks where they could eat and get a room while traveling the country.
    It was about African-American classical/jazz pianist Don Shirley; the guy that played the part is a rapper named Prince Ali, and I think he won Best Supporting Actor for the role.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Excellent movie, rg!

11:22 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t heard of that, but I did see an article on the web recently that talked about that guide or one like it. Interesting, and a shame they had to have that.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:21 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Wow, choose between John Wall, AD, and Benny Snell not being at UK? Much as I love him, I probably have to go with Benny. We still had Josh Allen and Bowden, and a few very capable rb’s backing up Benny. JW would be second, cause we still had Bledsoe. But AD? No way!

• Realme
      11:23 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

You leave Benny alone! Yeah that’s a terrible thing to have to choose.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

AD ruled the roost…and made them cry.

11:36 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Oscar Combs I think still says he’s the best Cat ever, not just talent, but he was just so mature for a freshman also.

• ClutchCargo
      11:39 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

Benny is probably the right call there, but that doesn’t make it any easier.

14. Coaches can call the recruits, can’t they? Maybe we can get the big guy from Quinnipiac, Kevin Marfo.

11:52 am March 26, 2020 Permalink

I would hope some of the rules restricting phone calls & such have been relaxed where necessary with the current madness.

15. mcp157
    1:34 pm March 26, 2020 Permalink

Yes, McConnell sucks and has done nothing but increase the debt and keep our imperialistic/jingoistic foreign policy strong. But, so does Pelosi and the Democratic counterpart to McConnell, Harry Reid. Big spenders, use our military unconstitutionally, ruin the currency and take freedoms and liberty away from the individual. 99% of the politicians are like that.

• kacat2
      7:18 pm March 26, 2020 Permalink

Yea, all of those foreign leaders are pure sweethearts. That being said, Trump is the one president that is actually pulling America OUT of foreign wars and serving as a police force.

16. dan1965
    5:56 pm March 26, 2020 Permalink

Well again proves the point, I come here to talk sports,yet every time you turn around its there left wing liberal political BS ! I wouldnt buy the book even for toilet paper !
    I’d love to do a live radio debate with Matt about the issues,any and all of them,even ask on twitter,but they don’t want to do that,only suppress your voice thinking there right and whatever they do to advance there agenda,even if its silencing others,the end justify the means. They’ll even go as far as use Christ,yet Jesus even listened to others,even those that opposed him. They’ve stopped my other comments,again only because of disagreement with them.
    They should just let this be about kentucky sports,but no,as someone else said its aboyt using kentucky fans and trying to push and agenda,I hope others are smart enough to stay away from,and see how bad the left wing liberal agenda is hurting America.

• kacat2
      8:49 pm March 26, 2020 Permalink

Jones will never debate his true political views. He knows they are not aligned with the majority of Kentuckians. But more importantly, it will show how much he truly disdains most people and especially those from Eastern KY. Like most liberals, his preference is to rule over others and tell them how they should think because he has a legal degree from Duke. He will tell the people of KY that they need to open their boards to criminals and not shed a tear when an innocent US citizen is killed, raped or tortured by an illegal immigrant. He won’t blink at babies being ripped from a womb but yet tells everyone how sensitive he and curses those that support limits on 3rd term abortions. The best way for radicals to infiltrate is through back doors. Ky “sports” Radio was his way gain access to the Kentucky communities. Now he will use those connections to try and destroy everything they have come to love and value because it represents everything he hates. He hates,
      America, the Military, Freedom of thought and limited government. I

17. Good book if it included how Pelosi, Schiff, And the rest of the liberals used this virus to get money for their lobbiest. When the money could have went directly to those who needed it. Talk about wasting money, liberals are great at that, use a killer virus to extend their personal agendas.

18. dan1965
    12:33 am March 27, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t been on here long,but agree with all you said (kacat2).
    Its a shame for someone to try to use the fan base the way he does,but I agree with you and believe that is exactly what he’s doing.