KSR Show Thread 3/25: It’s the Ryan, Drew, and Shannon Show!

Good morning, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt has to be out today, so Ryan Lemond, Drew Franklin, and Shannon the Dude are here to entertain you. Tune in to hear their take on all the latest in the world of UK sports and beyond.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

69 Comments for KSR Show Thread 3/25: It’s the Ryan, Drew, and Shannon Show!

1. Realme
    10:04 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Listen up dipshits and sensible people!

10:05 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So… that gets past the mod bot just fine. :p

• ClutchCargo
      10:07 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Ha!

• ClutchCargo
      10:10 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Those facebook comments though. πŸ™‚ It’s hilarious how people who otherwise have no problem talking all kinds of crap get their panties in a wad when a small town mayor does the same, but to get a serious message across. Some of them couldn’t seem to figure out which category they belonged to. lol

10:13 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha not too hard to figure out who is who in the KSR comment sections.

• runningunnin.454
      10:14 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

What a mouth; that will get you a mouthful of Lifebuoy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KjxFDGFKhk

10:32 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Soap poisoning!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:39 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So does the Walton mayor pray with that same tongue? Asking for a friend.

James 3 (in part):
      9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
      10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
      11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
      12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
      13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

And yes, I would say the same to POTUS.

2. Realme
    10:13 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Talked to my niece in Romania yesterday. Said they have police cars on every block making sure people stay in their houses. Can go to grocery store, but not for a walk.

• ClutchCargo
      10:15 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I hope we don’t get to that point, but it sure is heading that direction.

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Big Brother is watching; party like it’s 1984.

10:56 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Talking to her did make me feel less whiny about feeling trapped at home here. No one is going to make me afraid to go into my yard. People from the extreme side of the opposite team like to cry that the Orange Fool’s administration is totalitarian, but they have no idea.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:19 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

That is a telling story Realme. Did she go there for a job? I have a friend who used to do mission work there.

11:21 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

She’s a teenager. Her mom is from there, and her dad, my brother, met her on a short term mission trip, now they have a ministry there.

11:21 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

People said the same thing about Obama when he was in office. I agree with you that the structure of checks and balances that the founding fathers put in place will hopefully prevent anyone from becoming a totalitarian ruler. But I still think 45 has an unusual fixation on rulers like that – he seems to almost have a fanboyish fascination with Putin and the Melonhead.

11:23 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

My older daughter’s BF has gone on a couple of mission trips to Romania. I had a girl on the volleyball team I used to coach whose parents were both from over there. They have some interesting stories.

11:26 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, some people, who take politics too seriously, confuse not getting things their way because of an elected official’s policies with all kinds of oppressive regimes. Both teams have them for sure.

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:24 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Get home at 5 PM yesterday and my wife is glued to Andy Beshear’s Facebook video again… Maybe I should run for Governor.

10:27 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

That might get her to notice you! πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Do your best Mr. Rogers impersonation, that should work. Just skip the “Where is Tall Man?” verse of the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW0UP9DOCkQ

• Laker Cat 18
      10:41 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Well I’m a Republican and she’s a Democrat, so I’m not sure she’d vote for me. That may be a slight obstacle. (Note: I think Beshear is doing a GREAT job.)

11:00 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So, are you guys like the Conway’s? πŸ™‚

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:13 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

That’s called a mixed marriage Laker Cat. In Bama they call it that when the couple is made up of an Auburn and an Alabama fan. I’m sure they say that in Kentucky with UK and UL marriages.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:19 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I guess the Conway’s are a good comparison, but opposite. Haha

I can do mixed politics or any other team combination. I would never marry a Louisville fan. That’s an automatic deal-breaker.

11:23 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Like.

4. ClutchCargo
    10:27 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I’m getting used to this working from home thing, but I have to get better at sticking to routine. Showering at noon isn’t the way to go, I don’t think. Got a Zoom meeting tomorrow morning, so I do have a little bit of incentive. lol

10:30 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I don’t get to work from home, but the Mrs does. The key is sticking to a normal routine – get up, shower, put on clothes, and have an area dedicated to work. And set actual work hours, or you will find yourself getting sucked into doing work at all hours. Or goofing off, like me. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I’m clearly fighting the battle against goofing off as well.

10:33 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Well, you can throw productivity out the window from 10-12. πŸ™‚

10:35 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Dogs everywhere think this virus thing is pretty groovy with their humans staying home with them all day. Our dog will be spoiled beyond reason. BTW, she finally made “KSR Dog of the Day” a few days ago. πŸ™‚

10:36 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I’m not essential enough to work from home, just have to not work (and try not to think about how hopelessly behind I will be when we go back. Going to have tons of invoices for shipments that UPS will have either lost or sent back to our vendors, yay!) Therefore I gauge the quality of my day by how far in I get before turning the tv on.

10:39 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

We are a medical supply business, so everyone is considered “essential”.

10:57 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

My cats definitely think my purpose in life is to hang out with them, and they approve.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Never fear folks, life will be back to normal again by Easter. POTUS said so. At that point, you can resume your coronavirus parties.

• ClutchCargo
      10:34 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I’m hoping that comment was just another instance of him talking and not actually saying anything substantive. It would be the real world equivalent of UK football getting a two touchdown lead and then letting off the gas to allow a comeback.

10:36 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

You can just see all the smart, educated people around him cringing. πŸ˜€

10:38 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Did he really tell people to drink fish tank cleaner?

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Huh?? Fish tank cleaner?

• ClutchCargo
      10:40 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Hell, at least Jim Jones used something that kinda tasted good, like Kool-aid.

10:42 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Some news person on twitter was tweeting quotes from this old lady whose husband is either dead or in a coma because she swore Trump said a certain chemical which she found in their fish tank cleaner, would cure cv, which they did not have.

10:45 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Realme, in 45’s defense, I don’t think he suggested that people self-medicate. He was discussing the use of Chloroquine for a treatment, and inevitably some morons are going to try to do it themselves.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:00 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

My wife is a nurse and she read up on that. That one who died did NOT take what they are looking at for possible treatment. I don’t know the details, but believe me, she knows her meds.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) is the drug. Originally to prevent or treat malaria, it’s now used mostly in rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

One thing that is nice after all the shutdowns – my commute down I-71 into work has been smooth as silk. I’m going to miss that when things return to “normal”.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:33 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So I saw where Liberty University has made the decision to open back up. I guess since they are so holy, God will protect all of them from COVID-19.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:37 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Can we someday see Shannon The Dude succeeding Alex on Jeopardy?

9. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Lou is mad!

• Bluehender
      10:52 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Is Lou the guy that tried to compare the flu to covid-19? Ryan did make him look like a moron. Too bad they appreciated the call before the moron could respond..

10:55 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

It didn’t take a lot of effort to make Lou look like a moron. He did most of the legwork himself. He’ll probably go out and tailgate someone in traffic after that.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:05 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Flu Lou? Haha.

I didn’t hear the call. What happened? Ryan actually made someone look like a moron?

BTW, I loved Matt’s response on Twitter when he started ridiculing those of us who thought this was an overreaction. Someone said to him “You’re the one who was making fun of Ryan for panicking first”. Matt said “That was just for radio”. Seriously?

BTW 2, I’m almost NEVER a conspiracy theorist, but I still don’t get the level of reaction to this compared to swine flu. I know, I know, some people are claiming it transmits faster, yada yada yada (and when I read stuff like that on the web, my wife agrees with some things but not all, and I can’t keep up with it all). I still see a huge and not explainable disparity in the reaction when I look at the numbers from swine flu.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So sad to hear about KAT’s mom. That is very scary. I work with a lot of respiratory therapists, and one of the guys was telling me this morning that they induce the coma because when they put a person on a vent, the breathing pattern that it establishes is very shallow, and people feel like they are smothering and commonly struggle against it. So hopefully the fact that they induced the coma is simply to make her more comfortable and she will bounce back quickly. Scary stuff. Prayers to KAT and his family. He is so devoted to his mom that it would shatter his world if something happened to her.

11:00 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I can’t watch his video, want to cry just imagining it. Prayers for her…

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:08 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Yes, very sad. Prayers for him and his family and for Matt and his as well.

11. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:56 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Hey, Kentucky based talk show hosts: if you’re going to tell us not to hoard, then tell your governor (and others) to stop telling us we’re going to be quarantined, locked down, etc., for 4 months or even through the fall.

12. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

The guys talking about what Mountain Dew does to a dead mouse reminds me of the time a friend of mine took a Cheeto and put a lighter to it. It lit up like a blowtorch, to which he said, “That can’t be good for you!”

11:01 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Mmmmm Cheetos.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:06 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Jalapeno Cheetos are the bomb. Apparently literally to that friend.

11:16 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I love jalepeno cheetoes, but they don’t love me back the next day.

13. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Contrary to the guys predicting a baby boom, there might be a divorce boom as well when wives get stuck with their husbands around. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      11:03 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So, child support boom as well?

• ClutchCargo
      11:04 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Seriously, though. I wonder what this does to people otherwise thinking about retirement when they get a glimpse of what it might look like.

11:14 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

I have to wonder how many people may be able to weather the initial storm only to get sunk by medical bills if they have to spend time in the ICU of a hospital.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Sounds like Dontae Allen will be ready to roll next year. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do on the court. Hoping he will be a Darius Miller type “glue guy”.

11:19 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

• ClutchCargo
      11:34 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

That is what I am envisioning for him.

15. ClutchCargo
    11:56 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Somebody with way too much time on their hands made a solid COVID-19 parody song based on Bohemian Rhapsody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=332&v=8KPbJ0-DxTc&feature=emb_logo

16. RealCatsFan
    11:59 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

“The Way” by Fastball was the song that Shannon was just playing – I have always liked that song. It was inspired by a newspaper story that one of the bandmembers read about an elderly couple that just got up and left the house one day. They were later found dead in a ravine. So much for romance.