KSR Show Thread 2/7: Turn on that radio!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon will catch you up on all the latest in UK sports, including how the football team fared on National Signing Day and the basketball team’s trip to Starkville this weekend. Tune in or miss out.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

47 Comments for KSR Show Thread 2/7: Turn on that radio!

1. RealCatsFan
    10:09 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Lovely drive in to work this morning in the middle of a monsoon. Kind of day where I would rather curl up in the bed with the dog and listen to KSR. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Wait til this weekend; you’ll need three dogs.

10:25 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

rg, we have a queen sized bed and a 65 lb hound who stands 27 inches at the shoulder. Not much room for 3 of them!

10:27 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Mama told me not to go with three dogs in the bed.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

One of my cats sleeps smushed up against me every night. When it’s cold, I get all three. Sometimes it’s nice, like during the polar vortex when the house was colder. I was covered in cats and toasty warm. 🙂

• Realme
      10:27 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

You’ll need a couple tiny barking cats for the other 2 (chihuahua, yorkie).

10:32 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub’s going to be the crazy cat lady someday. 🙂

10:33 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Realme, friend of mine calls those “field goal dogs”, because he always has to fight the urge to kick a field goal with them.

• Realme
      10:35 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Both of my cats act like they want to sleep on the bed, but as soon as I start to drop off to sleep, one or the other gets up and starts looking for something noisy to mess with, so I close them out of the bedroom.

10:38 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Our Siamese insists on walking through the house caterwauling for food every morning. He gets a lot of shoes thrown at him.

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

This cat has learned (most of the time at least) to not start pestering us for food until around the time the alarm goes off. He’ll walk on me and purr in my face, then flop over so that he’s laying with his head on my pillow face to face like a person, reach out and paw and ever so gently place it on my face. I always imagine he’s thinking, “Good morning sunshine! Now get up and feed me.”

11:17 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

The dog just farts when she wants us to get out of bed to feed her. 🙂

2. runningunnin.454
    10:09 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Can you Milly Rock? Looks like Barney Fife practicing karate.
    Barney “where does karate come from? Animals.
    Andy “a worm”?
    Barney “This is a deadly move”
    Andy “A mad worm”?

10:26 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

My head hurts. 😉

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Barney: “How do you fight fire Andy?”
      Andy: “With a hose.”

3. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch the other day, and they had people standing out in the rain taking orders instead of with a microphone. I am wondering if they had to draw straws to be the ones who get to stand in the cold versus staying in the warm store cooking the food.

• Realme
      10:15 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I just realized that when Matt’s in Lexington, his McDonald’s is the one closest to my house. I only go once in a blue moon, but if I ever meet up with Matt in the drive thru, I WILL do something to drive him crazy and become a story on the show, lol.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Take his picture…he’ll go berserk.

10:21 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Realme, you should drive up on the curb to cut in line in front of him. 😀 Maybe you’ll get a free lunch out of it!

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

RM, just take his picture while driving past him on the curb. That should do it.

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Ha! I can’t wait!

• Realme
      10:32 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Hee hee. I kinda want to lurk there on my next day off, about 20 minutes before the show starts. That would be so funny. Don’t know what he drives though.

10:34 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Realme, if you could catch him on the same day that they discontinue the eggwhite mcmuffin it would be the perfect storm. He might go Mike Davis on you. 😀

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I think a 1960 Corvair…Motor Trends’ car of the year, ha ha ha.

10:40 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

RG, Matt would have to know something about fixing cars to own something like that. I’m picturing him in a nondescript Toyota Camry. Probably about 5 years old.

• runningunnin.454
      10:47 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I just bought a Georgetown Avalon…sweet ride. It will dim the lights for you when you meet a car.
      My Grandfather had a Chrysler Imperial that would do that in the early ’60’s.

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

If it’s the same car he had at a remote a few years ago, Matt drives a burgundy Nissan Altima.

10:59 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I was looking at the new Corollas that also do that. And now they have the adaptive cruise control that regulates your following distance and automatically applies the brakes, and the lane minder that beeps when you wander out of your lane and actually steers you back into it. My worry is that it is a lot of extra stuff to go wrong.

Buddy of mine had the transmission fail on his Honda Accord. Do a google search on that – Honda has had a TON of problems with transmission failures. 20 years ago you could expect an Accord to go 400K miles easy with no major problems. Not so much anymore.

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha, my Dad never wanted any “gadgets” on his new cars…he would buy cars with the window crank handles.
      He would be out of luck today.

• J-Dub421
      11:08 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Toyotas are still really reliable. I have a 12 year old Corolla that I’ve basically only had to do general maintenance to. I’ve had to replace a belt after 100,00 miles, a transmission flush, get new tires a couple of times, a new battery and spark plugs, and replace brake pads. I think that’s about it in the decade I’ve had it.

11:15 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Yep, my Sequoia has 239K and counting. Needs O2 sensors replaced, and it has the auto leveling suspension so I need to replace one of the air bags. But relatively trouble free besides that.

• ClutchCargo
      11:24 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

You all don’t change the headlight fluid? Gotta do that at least once a year, ya know?

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Got to change blinker fluid every 6 months. And, if you rotate your tires, you have to change transmission fluid.

11:44 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I use synthetic blinker and headlight fluid – get a lot more mileage from it.

I had to replace the driver’s side muffler bearing about 25K miles ago – now I think the passenger side might be starting to go.

4. Realme
    10:16 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Somebody buy Matt a box of Trivial Pursuit so he’ll stop writing his own questions.

10:23 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I prefer “Cards Against Humanity” myself. Has anyone played the game “Quiplash”? You run it on your TV from a device like a Firestick or game controller, and then everyone uses their phones to answer prompts that pop up on the screen. Then everyone votes for the best answers. It gets pretty funny when you have a few people in the group with a warped sense of humor (like me).

5. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I just have to wonder how tough your childhood must be to have a last name like “Buttafuoco”.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:27 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

LSU and Miss State had a war last night; good game. We better be ready Saturday…and it’s at noon, ugh.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

I watched the end of that game. Both teams got a bit sloppy at the end.

10:36 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Those are both going to be good games. LSU has a lot of talent, and they don’t have Johnny Freakin Jones to hold them back anymore.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:35 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

SKYNYRD!!!!

Had to do it.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:18 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Bill Murray beat out Ashley Judd for super fan. Uh, Ashley’s been a UK fan her whole life. Murray has been a UL fan since his son left Xavier with Chris Mack.

• ClutchCargo
      11:26 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

This is definitely based on celebrity status. Bill Murray is just a way bigger star than Ashley.

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, but if his son takes a HC gig…bye bye.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Why on God’s green earth would a top-5 recruit want to play for UGA and Creepy Crean? Hell, you might get mouth kissed.

• runningunnin.454
      11:54 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

With tongue? Now go try to eat lunch!

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am February 7, 2019 Permalink

Why would a top 5 recruit want to play for one of the worst teams in the SEC? Georgia is terrible. They’re currently 1-8 in conference, and 10-12 overall. When’s the last time Georgia made the NCAA tournament?