KSR Show Thread, 2/25: Yesterday was fun, let’s do it again

We had fun doing the show from one place yesterday so we’re running it back today with all three of us in Lexington and Shannon The Dude running the controls back in Louisville. What’s on today’s list of topics? You’ll have to tune in to find out.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

45 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 2/25: Yesterday was fun, let’s do it again

1. JTHinton
    10:09 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Really wish we played a midweek game. Preferable against some crap mid major we could beat by 20! Need that momentum heading into the sec tourney

10:11 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Is it decided yet whether or not all the teams will play?

• JTHinton
      10:16 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Play what, the sec tourney?

I’ve heard nothing that suggests anyone would opt out of our conference tourney. Idk what/where Matt is hearing it’s possible, b/c I’ve heard nothing of the sort

10:19 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Yeah, SEC tourney. People act like the teams who should be in the main tourney would opt out. Also, did the SEC officially say whether the automatic bid would be regular season or tourney champ? Anybody know?

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I think it’s a no-no, according to conference rules, to “opt out” of the conference tournament. Pretty sure I read that somewhere not long ago.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:27 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

There were some rumors floating around that the NCorruptAA might squash the conference tourneys, but I would hope they wouldn’t do it this late.

• ClutchCargo
      12:20 pm February 25, 2021 Permalink

JT, Cal addressed it a couple weeks ago. Said it would set a bad precedent and would have consequences long term.

2. Realme
    10:10 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

These guys are confused. Yesterday was super nice. Today it is back in the 30s.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I’m still not complaining about the weather for this time of year. But yesterday was so nice I celebrated smoking some ribs on a weekday. Probably the greatest thing about working from home is the flexibility to do stuff like that.

10:26 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Stayed on my porch for a while after work instead of going in. So nice. I hope that week and a half of actual winter was all of it.

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:21 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Been watching that 90 Day Fiance show with the wife. It’s like a train wreck… It’s fascinating.

10:25 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I tried it once. People on it were too annoying.

10:29 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

One of my faves, Good Girls is about to start season 4. 1-3 on Netflix. Don’t know if guys would like it. A goofier, female centric Breaking Bad.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:31 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

You know, I expected the Americans to be somewhat normal, and the foreign folks to be the ones needing to adjust. The Americans are the most odd on the show for the most part. It’s crazy.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:32 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

If it’s in the same conversation as Breaking Bad, it’s worth a try. Top 5 show all-time.

10:36 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I’m not saying it’s on the same level as Breaking Bad, but it centers around average people who end up going full criminal. It’s easily in my top ten though.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:43 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I’ll take it! Wife has no interest in Breaking Bad, but maybe I can sell her on this one.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:31 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

90 Day Fiance is awful. My wife and daughter like it though. Go figure.

A middle aged not-so-attractive man or woman gets engaged to a young good looking guy or girl from a 3rd world nation. What could go wrong? It’s not like anyone does something like that just to get to the states or anything. *cough-cough*

4. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

They keep trying to trick me with blurry pictures or pictures that just show part of a bike that is not easily identifiable. Kind of like those trick questions my physics teacher used to put on the tests.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

And on a phone, it’s really tough sometimes. I’m almost certain I have gotten some wrong but it still let me in.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

This will freak you out. I got a B in physics back in the day, A+ in calculus. Could hardly ever get out of the C range in English class. I don’t get it. Had a better grade in Spanish. LOL Fun fact.

10:30 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I think it decides your the highest percentage human if you do miss one or two.

10:31 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

* ‘re

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:33 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Yeah, again, it’s so hard even on a decent sized monitor to tell a “motorbus” from a truck or train sometimes. Irritating.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I used to loathe Spurrier when he was at Florida, but after he left, even when he was at USC, I began to appreciate his sense of humor. I actually now think that he is probably a pretty good dude, just ultra competitve. I also think he has mellowed with age.

Petrino – now that’s an entirely different matter!

10:33 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Yeah, I always found him amusing. Loved to watch him throw his visor, plus le lost the ability to beat us at the end there. When he occasionally insulted UK, it was kind of like… “okay, that’s fair”.

• ClutchCargo
      10:33 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I think part of Steve Superior becoming less hate-able at USC was he became more beatable. And seeing him get mad enough while getting beaten that he threw his visor on the ground was so funny, I couldn’t even dislike him all that much anymore. We would have loved the UF Spurrier if he was UK’s coach at that time.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Even when he coached in that upstart league he ran smack about other teams. He’ll be running smack about someone on his deathbed. Haha.

6. JTHinton
    10:37 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Anyone else more stoked than usual for champ week?! For me, even though we’re not that good, going 24 months without conference tourneys and March madness was just awful

10:59 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

No, but I’ve never been one to just sit and watch all the teams.

• secrick
      11:06 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Yes can’t wait. Watch all the games.

7. ClutchCargo
    10:52 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

For those who remember the old Memphis Wrestling back in the 80’s, any talk of Matt being someone’s manager makes me think of Jimmy Hart. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:53 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I’ve been going down a rabbit hole watching old Memphis clips on YouTube because when I watched rasslin’ growing up in Lexington, it was part of the Memphis territory. I didn’t know that at the time, but I was watching Jackie Fargo, Jerry Jarrett, Tojo Yamamoto, etc. I saw the latter 2 in action “Tuesday night at the Lexington Catholic High School gym” as Nick Gulas always said. I think it was Tuesday anyway. Epic.

8. ClutchCargo
    10:58 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

If Pitino flips off UK fans in Rupp once, shame on him. If he gets invited back as Iona’s coach and does it again, shame on us.

10:59 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Hopefully he comes back and gets flipped off by 20,000 instead. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:54 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Leave Rick along. He was just channeling Steve Austin, just in a different way than Chris Mack. 😛

9. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:26 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I clicked on multitudonous pics of cars to say “Hiddy ho, neighbors!” Did we win last night?

11:29 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Hey, stranger. We didn’t lose, I know that.

10. Realme
    11:28 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Such a dumb conversation. They bricked over some unused garage doors and the bricks fell. Big deal. And yes, of course the plant that stinks of hot peanut whatever every single day is still in operation.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

Are they talking about the Jif plant? I’m pretty sure I used to live almost right by it. Does anyone know if it is situated in the area of the now razed old housing projects? RG might be the only one who knows unless someone here grew up in Lexington (or has at least lived there for a while…I think it was razed between 10 – 15 years ago from what I remember reading somewhere).

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:39 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I know it was a peanut butter plant. I just don’t know if it’s the same one they’re apparently talking about. I never knew which brand they produced there. The school bus passed it every day on the way to Ashland Elementary, and it was short walking distance from our unit.

11:42 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

It’s Jif and it’s as you leave downtown on Winchester Rd.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:58 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

It’s hard for me to tell on Google Maps, but there is a photo there that indicates they must be right by a train track. That plant absolutely was. Whenever you sat in the back seat of the bus you would bounce on purpose and crossing the track would kind of trampoline you up. It was the only thing fun about riding the bus.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:59 am February 25, 2021 Permalink

I’ve searched the web and can’t find an online map of Lexington from before the razing. Oh well. A walk down amnesia lane.