KSR Show Thread 2/18: Are you ready for LSU?

Kentucky is Callin’ Baton Rouge. Can the Wildcats take down the Tigers Tuesday night? Matt Jones and the KSR crew will talk about that and more on Kentucky Sports Radio.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

68 Comments for KSR Show Thread 2/18: Are you ready for LSU?

1. StillBP
    9:59 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I’m ready, even though I might fall asleep in the first half! 9pm games suck! (old lady alert!)

• ClutchCargo
      10:03 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Let’s hope it’s a blowout (the good kind lol) and we can safely doze off. Although I do actually prefer later games, just because I always have something else going on during the 7 pm games.

• Realme
      10:09 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Blowout? What’s that?

• StillBP
      10:09 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

We don’t do blowouts this year. If we do, we let the other team back to make it interesting. These cats like to play with their prey before finishing it off!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:14 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

BP, move to CST. lol

• ClutchCargo
      10:16 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Hey, I can still hope!

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

We had the Fabulous Five, the Fiddlin’ Five, Rupp’s Runts, the Unforgettables, the Untouchables, and the Comeback Cats.
      Now we have the “Let ’em hang around with a chance to win” Cats.

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I don’t miss much about the Tubby era, but his good teams got on cruise control by now, and would just take care of business in this type of game.

• StillBP
      10:42 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

chris I was born and raised in CST…I like EST much better except when it comes to 9pm bball games.

• StillBP
      10:45 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

When I go back home to visit my parents I’m always ready for bed at 9 and my mom makes fun of me. I’m like hey it’s 10 my time! pretty bad when your mom stays up later than you!

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I don’t care how we win, as long as we win. Winning ugly is fine.

• Realme
      11:00 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

True, Jdub, especially in the SEC part of the season.

• runningunnin.454
      11:01 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, but it’s not good for my blood pressure.

• Bluehender
      11:08 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Have we had the Cardiac Cats? Seems to fit this team..

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

That’s a good one, Bluehender.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:20 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

That is funny BP.

Also, I remember some team years ago earning the nickname “The Cardiac Kids” because they had so many close games (and maybe comebacks), but I don’t even remember which sport, much less which team.

• StillBP
      11:20 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

oh we’ve had Cardiac Cats before. As a matter of fact, a Louisville fan was arguing with me last week saying we stole that from them. He said they were calling themselves the Cardiac Cards since the 1970s and then we came in and used Cardiac Cats. LOL I told him when I Google Cardiac Cards all I can find is something about the St Louis Cardinals in the 70s and he had the nerve to say Louisville came up with it before them, they just didn’t get the publicity bc college sports wasn’t very popular back them. Louisville…the home of everything great in the world…according to their fans.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:08 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

F-B-I
    F-B-I
    F-B-I

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:13 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I don’t advocate cursing, so:
      “STRONG BUTT OFFER!” clap, clap, clap-clap-clap

• RealCatsFan
      10:15 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Too bad the game is not in Rupp. Maybe we will get to play them in Nashville with a pro-UK crowd.

• StillBP
      10:53 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Cal would not be happy with the crowd if we did that. Hopefully he wouldn’t blow up at the crowd like K did.

• ClutchCargo
      11:29 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

My one request for this game is that we win it on a no-call basket interference as time expires. A little justice for last year would be nice.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

That was a nasty looking crash on the final lap of the Daytona 500. They brought out the black screens when they cut Ryan Newman out of his car, and there were reports that they were performing CPR on him at the track. However, later reports indicated that he is expected to survive, so that offers a glimmer of hope, even though he is listed in serious condition. Prayer that he will make a full recovery. I have seen enough automotive carnage to last me for quite a while.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:14 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I know you have man.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:14 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I was sitting across the table from an old volleyball buddy at dinner last night, and we were talking about the Dale Earnhardt crash. I had to rush off to a game right as the 500 was ending, and I saw the crash. It honestly didn’t look bad, kind a routine wall hit. I was shocked when I got home from the game and Mrs RCF told me that he had died. That was like a gut punch.

• Realme
      10:17 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Yeah. Matt’s full of baloney. No one knew that wreck was bad until after it was over. One of the rare Nascar races Realme ever watched.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

To me Nascar is just a bunch of dudes turning left for several hours. Zzzzzzzzzzz……..

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

My BIL calls it taxicab racing. He is into Formula One. I like NHRA drag racing myself.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:17 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Okay, so KSR’s ad folks have figured out a way to sneak a video past the Edge tracking prevention wall. However, it’s a Tyrese Maxey interview video from something called “anyclip”. Hmmm…

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I’m getting it too. As long as it is video of UK related stuff, it’s not too terribly annoying. At least is isn’t someone selling magic boner pills.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

The worst part about those is there is no obvious way to close it like the rest of them. But if you click right in the very top right corner, were the X would normally be, it goes away.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:16 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Aha! There is a tiny purple semi-circle there that apparently is a semi-hidden X. Thanks!

6. Realme
    10:19 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

How many times will they feel the need to talk about LSU’s Watford’s brother? 17?

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

If he hits a 3-pointer, you can guarantee that they will cue up the popcorn box play. Hell, they will probably do that anyway.

• ClutchCargo
      10:26 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

We’re going to be watching or hearing about the Wat Shot at least once tonight, just be ready for that.

• Realme
      10:39 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

If they manage to only do it once, I won’t even complain, but I think it will be worse.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I do have to thank ESPN for making the Wat shot into a commercial in 2012. It was wildly annoying to see it a thousand times a day. Apparently our team thought so too, and it helped motivate them to get payback in the tournament and go on to win the title.

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:20 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

So one more quick comment and back to work. Apparently it’s not confirmed yet, but the morning guys here were again talking about Charlie Strong being Saban’s next “ex-head-coach-as-analyst”.

This is the show whose hosts are Barry McKnight, the Troy play-by-play guy who some of you remember, and the star of this video: 🙂

8. Realme
    10:38 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I would much rather read you guys discussing music than listen to these guys.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

O.K since you asked. Many surveys say George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” is the best country song of all time; Alan Jackson sang the song at Jones’ funeral. When Jones first heard the song, he said, “No one will buy that sad sob”. Personally, I like Hank Williams Sr “Cold, Cold, Heart”.
      Most popular Beatles song in England was “She Loves You”, in U.S. it’s “Hey Jude”.

• Realme
      10:59 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

This kid in high school played Hey Jude in art class on loop for a whole semester, no exaggeration. Still wasn’t as bad as sharing an office with a boss who used to loudly sing along with one gospel album or the Chipmunks Christmas album for years. Eventually she got demoted and all of that stopped, but idk how I managed to not kill anyone. I had headphones up so loud I surprised I can hear at all today.

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Are we going to have to break out the recipes again? 😉

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Singing or playing music out loud in a communal office space is a no-no. Headphone have been around for a long time.

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

“And I still want a hula hoop, I can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don’t be late”
      Enjoy, ha ha ha ha.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:12 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

This is the greatest country song of all time:

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:17 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Which once again proves you can find literally almost anything on YouTube. I would not have thought that song was actually there but it was. Haha.

• Bluehender
      12:16 pm February 18, 2020 Permalink

OK here ya go..Google Eddie Arnold’s Cattle Call. It’s a hoot. True Country and Western..

9. secrick
    10:59 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Just play good tonight, a loss will not be that bad if we hang in there with them. Go Cats

• runningunnin.454
      11:06 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

What’s annoying is if you lose, you automatically drop in the AP poll. Not just us, anyone. Why should a team drop if they lose to another ranked team on the road? Not that rankings mean much.

• ClutchCargo
      11:24 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I never understood that, rg. If #2 loses by one point to #1 in OT, then #2 drops in the polls. Didn’t that game just confirm that the rankings were correct?

• RealCatsFan
      11:53 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I think the problem comes in when #3 doesn’t play, or they win, and now they have less losses than #2. Even if they play a weak team, the committee thinks they are better because they have less losses.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:24 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

O.K…now I have a Tom Crean video on here; that’s just not acceptable.

• Realme
      11:30 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Is he at least making funny faces?

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Assuming his face is on there, he is guaranteed to be making funny faces.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Is he mouth kissing his son?

• runningunnin.454
      11:41 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Ugh, I didn’t watch it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I’m still getting Tyrese, and his smiling face almost makes me feel guilty to close the window. Almost.

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I’m getting a Mountain Dew ad across the bottom now too. Guess we should have kept it a secret amongst ourselves, “the Wolfpack”. 🙂

11. J-Dub421
    11:36 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Getting kicked out of high school basketball games is nothing to brag about.

• Realme
      11:43 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Yeah. Guy was bragging about getting an I Act Like An Ahole award.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:49 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I am fine with LSU getting smacked for their “strong ass offer”, and of course the comedy of UL getting it again would be rich. But the programs that I really want to see nailed in the FBI probe are Auburn and Kansas. Both of these programs have been cheating out in the open, for years in the case of Kansas, and they are arrogant about it.

• runningunnin.454
      11:52 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Arizona, too. Don’t really care about Creighton and NC State.

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

Or South Carolina. I kind of like Frank Martin, but it looks like they are going to get nailed. Why are they going after all the SEC schools and largely ignoring the cheating All Cheater’s Conference schools and the Bit 12 schools?

• ClutchCargo
      11:55 am February 18, 2020 Permalink

I have a hard time caring about Arizona, really. And U-6’s spanking is going to be a lot less satisfying than it would have been had they not cleaned house.

• J-Dub421
      12:02 pm February 18, 2020 Permalink

They should all get slapped hard by the NCAA. I’m tired of being the only blueblood school that actually gets held accountable and has to play by the rules.

13. Righteous1
    12:02 pm February 18, 2020 Permalink

2 point underdog?

• runningunnin.454
      12:52 pm February 18, 2020 Permalink

Maybe UK will lose tonight, and you will have that long awaited first orgasm.

• Bluehender
      12:59 pm February 18, 2020 Permalink

Rg, I got in a little late in the country music talk today and I suggested Googling Eddie Arnold’s Cattle Call, which is a corny song, but classic in its own right. He was a terrific singer..are you familiar with it?