KSR Show Thread 12/9: Start the week off right

Welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon will be joined by Kyle Tucker to discuss the football team’s Belk Bowl bid, the basketball team’s win over Fairleigh Dickinson, and whatever else their hearts desire. Tune in or miss out!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

59 Comments for KSR Show Thread 12/9: Start the week off right

1. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Love Bowling…the football kind.

• Realme
      10:09 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Who is going to Charlotte? Also, this sucks I am very low on vacation days, but must watch.

• ClutchCargo
      10:11 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Same. Part of me is mad that we got the Jacksonville bowl game taken away, but another part of me remembers that it’s just a game to finish the season, and I probably wasn’t going to go anyway. Yet another part of me wants to punch Mitch in the throat for letting himself and UK get walked on again. Again, he is the most stubborn and determined person in the world when he is in control of the situation and doesn’t want to do something, but if it’s something that requires persuading someone else, forget it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

They’re making good points on the show; Charlotte is a much better city, and we get to lead into the NY Eve and NY Day bowl bonanza. Besides, we went to Gator Bowl three years ago.
      Don’t know why they’re saying it’s the last Belk Bowl; looks like it’s set for the next six years, ACC vs Big ten or SEC alternating years.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, Charlotte isn’t a bad place at all. And those rationalizations for why we aren’t going to Jacksonville are completely reasonable, except for the fact that we were going there, but then the Great Pumpkin pulled the rug out from under us.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I don’t have any extra vacation time to go to bowl game, so I’ll be watching from home. Go Cats! Beat VaTech!

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m not really a big bowl game attendee unless it’s super convenient (Nashville, and able to stay with in-laws who live nearby) or a big-time bowl (still waiting for that one). So being at home watching multiple bowl games is a nice way to wind down at the end of the year.

• runningunnin.454
      10:56 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Citrus Bowl v Penn State was a big bowl. And, WE WON.

• ClutchCargo
      11:04 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I don’t mean to diminish the Citrus Bowl win, that was very nice. But it might take making the playoff to get me to actually go. I did go to the Outback Bowl back in the day.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I hate the game time. I will be at work at noon on NYE. Will try to find a way to watch it, but that is right at the busy time of the day for me. 🙁

Aside from that, thrilled that we are even playing in a bowl game after the injuries we sustained. Hopefully the injury demon has been exorcised and we can have a monster year in 2020 with a MAJOR bowl destination.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Belk Bowl is a decent Bowl; and, NY Eve is better than Jan 2 in my opinion. Funny, went to IU site when they thought they were going to play UK; they were convinced they would win…hah, don’t think so; took them 2 OT to beat 4-8 Purdue.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Indiana has a decent team this year, but have they beat anybody good? Honest question – don’t have time to look up their record.

• Realme
      10:34 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Can’t even do a half day with the game at noon! And yes, it would have been fun to watch Bowden run all over another delusional red team rival. Not sure why we’re supposed to care about Tennessee getting a bowl someone erroneously reported was going to be us though.

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Indiana beat the worst teams in the Big 10, but lost to anyone good.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

According to Mrs. TT, it was pretty much a done deal we were going to Jacksonville to play IU. Otherwise, I don’t care where UT goes or what they do.

• Realme
      10:42 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I just don’t know why TN fans would care to trash talk about it.

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

The fact that UT fans care enough to talk trash means they know their history of owning UK in football is ending. I can’t remember a time where we legitimately should have beaten them and UF at least three years in a row.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:30 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Mitch would never have the cajones to call the bluff of the SEC to move the SEC Basketball Tourney back to Saturday.

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

But I would love to see it.

• Realme
      10:35 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Same. That caller was so right.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:34 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I hate the “Drive Sober” Christmas Carolers commercial. Annoying on top of annoying. It’s like a whole chorus of Kentucky Joe’s singing at me.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

They could at least be on pitch….

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

It could make people drink more or something. 🙂

5. blueblood80
    10:37 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Mitch could not do a darn thing. The fact is, Tenn., had the same 7-5 record and they beat us. They had more clout to ask for sunny Florida. Eddie Gran and John Schlarman saved the season. With no quarterback left who could throw, they revamped the offense. Although boring, all run, it worked, and led to a 5-2 record down the stretch. Unfortunately, it could not gain one yard to beat Tennessee late in the game. If the coaching staff stays intact, with most starters returning, lots of redshirts, and new recruits- look out – another historic season may be waiting on the horizon in 2020 or 2021! Like an SEC East Crown! Go Cats!

• Realme
      10:43 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I agree that we could win the East in the next 2 years if we don’t have season affecting injuries.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Agree with both of you about the East. Continuing to build quality depth will take care of those season affecting injuries.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:40 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Watched Quade Green and Washington play Gonzaga last night; good game. Quade looks like a different player, bulked up, hair high and tight, and knocking down threes.
    Wearing No. 55; ha ha, didn’t know he plays linebacker.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m glad he’s doing well.

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

14 points and 8 assists. Extra bonus listening to Bill Walton; he went on a ten minute story about some random thing, then said, “Hey this is a great game we have here”.

• RealCatsFan
      11:46 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Bill Walton is a walking, talking cautionary tale about the hazards of “reefer madness”.

7. J-Dub421
    10:40 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

I liked Charlotte when a friend and I road tripped there to go to a Lady Gaga concert. They had some nice restaurants and bars, it was pretty clean and seemed pretty safe, and they had some nice green spaces.

• RealCatsFan
      10:43 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

My cousin lived there for over 25 years, he loved it and said it’s a great place to live.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Make the caller sing a Stone Temple Pilots song for STD’s contest. 🙂

9. runningunnin.454
    10:43 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

What’s with the comment section? New comments, old comments…confusing.

• Realme
      10:46 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

What in the world just happened. Did we time travel?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:47 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Another “tweak” over the weekend apparently. I noticed it yesterday.

• ClutchCargo
      10:57 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

It messes with our tendency to jump around and reply to various comments throughout the comment section. It also makes me pause and consider if I really want to commit the time to go back or forward and deal with all the loading that is involved with this site now.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:44 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Yep, all the comments that were posted 30 minutes ago went “poof”. 🙁

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:46 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

For reelz!? Can they not give us a button that says “All comments”? They only want us to see newer or older comments for some reason. Man, stop monkeying with this site so much.

• ClutchCargo
      11:00 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Or just cut out three rows of click bait ads that appear before the comments, if they want to save space. 😉

11. Realme
    10:44 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Is VA Tech good? Who will be favored?

12. J-Dub421
    10:46 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

What the heck is going on?? Is anyone else suddenly having trouble with the comments section? I can only see the most recent comment posted.

• Realme
      10:48 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Yes, there are 3 different pages now. Glitch in the matrix.

13. RealCatsFan
    10:48 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

If they don’t fix the comment section, the site is going to die a slow death. Yeah, a lot of people go to the site and just read the articles without commenting, but they will also have their ad-blockers enabled. They did their little trick to make people turn off their ad blockers to see the comment, and now the comments are disappearing. I’m done here.

14. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:48 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Okay, this comment section “tweak” is awful. See you all later.

15. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Can KSR PLEASE give us an option to become a “paid member” with an ad-free site? A lot of sites have the technology to make the ads go away if you become a paid member. There are a decent number of folks who would pay a reasonable fee of $20 or $25 to avoid this nonsense. That would probably be more than the advertisers make off of accidental clicks.

16. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

So the daughters and I went to watch UK Volleyball roll over the competition in the NCAA Tournament. Afterwards we went by KSBar for a bite to eat. I have to say that the food was very good for bar food. I got the fried chicken sandwich and green beans. At first I was disappointed that they didn’t put the buffalo sauce on it that I had ordered, but after I took a bite I realized that they did me a favor – I would have missed out on the excellent taste of the chicken. And the green beans were among the best I have had. OK, so there’s my shameless plug – now make the commercials go away! 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Go Volleyball Cats!

17. runningunnin.454
    11:04 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Now there are four pages of comments; looks like they cut it off after five original comments, and the replies.

18. runningunnin.454
    11:07 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Fairly Ridiculous was terrible. Team didn’t get anything from that.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

It was a beating.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t get to watcch it, but listened on the radio on the drive to Lexington. Was going to watch it on DVR, but might not be a great use of my time.

19. ClutchCargo
    11:08 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

This is way more trouble than it’s worth. See ya’ll later.

20. J-Dub421
    11:16 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Maxey can have a bad game here and there because we have Hagans and Quickley, who have both been great.

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

His shot selection could improve; even the dagger against Michigan State, and I was thinking, “Shiiiiiit”.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

That will come with time and experience. He’s still a young’un.

• runningunnin.454
      11:49 am December 9, 2019 Permalink

Don’t want to start another comments page, so I’ll put this here. I found that picture of Lizzo on line. Holy Moly, don’t know if KAT could handle her.