KSR Show Thread 12/5: Alan Cutler joins the show

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon will be joined by our old pal Alan Cutler. Tune in to hear Bubs’ take on Lynn Bowden, Kentucky’s bowl situation, and how the basketball team will fare without Nate Sestina for the next few weeks.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

46 Comments for KSR Show Thread 12/5: Alan Cutler joins the show

1. ClutchCargo
    10:02 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Alan Cutler? Nope.

• Realme
      10:11 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

At least he’s not by himself. The other 2 will have to talk a little bit.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I’m braving it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I think Cutler’s okay. Like RM said, at least Drew is in and not just Ryan. I’ll always love that he chased BCG like he did. That was hilarious.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:30 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

And then for Cal to mention that in his introductory presser when Cutler was asking a question. “Hey, didn’t I see you chasing a guy?” You knew we had a coach with a great sense of humor then.

• Realme
      10:31 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, Chris, that was beyond awesome. I would watch that video over and over for 2 hours before I’d try to listen to more of the show. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:36 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

lol

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Cutler doesn’t bother me that much, actually. Yeah, he’s a lug, but in a John Candy kind of way. I can take him much easier than Kentucky Joe.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Thought the ACC was the premier basketball conference? Big 10 whipped them pretty good. The vaunted Virginia defense was a boomerang last night, and held the Cavaliers to 40 points.

• ClutchCargo
      10:15 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

That one was hard to watch. Ohio St. looks pretty danged good, and we’re going to have to pack a lunch for that one.

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Yep, Ohio State is very physical; but, Cole Anthony was sick, and Bacot was injured. I picked OSU to win the Big 10, and I still think UNC will win the ACC.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:27 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

That’s UNCheat to you good sir. There, I fixed it for ya. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I messed up there; I think UNCheat is their official name.

3. Realme
    10:11 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

More unbearably arrogant sounding: Cutler or Rex?

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Would we have Will Ferrell play Cutler if they made a movie about him?

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Will Ferrell, or Zach Galifianakis?

4. 4everUKBlue
    10:17 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Was reading yesterday’s ST about the CFP. Only asking because I have no idea. If Utah loses to Oregon and Oklahoma beats Baylor, who get the 4 spot?

• 4everUKBlue
      10:19 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

My money (even though I don’t gamble) is on LSU beating Georgia which would knock them out of the playoffs if I’m not mistaken.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Based on your premise, I believe it would be Oklahoma; but, they could put Georgia back in there based on schedule.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:27 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I guess they would have to put a 2 loss team in.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:29 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Although if my scenario played out Oklahoma would only have one loss and one of Georgia’s losses was to USC.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:34 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I was asking because some are assuming Utah will beat Oregon, I haven’t seen Utah play but I’m not so sure.

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t think losing to LSU would hurt Georgia; but, that loss to S Car was a killer. Of course, Oklahoma lost to Kansas State.
      The funny thing about the CFP rankings is that they rank 25 teams; but, only 4 can make it. It should be expanded to eight teams.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:40 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I obviously get that the SEC is tough, but if UGA loses and Utah has 1 loss, can they continue to act like the loss to SC didn’t happen? I mean come on, they were 4-8! Granted, I don’t know who Utah lost to, but I’m just throwing that out there. I would like to see some new blood in the CFP…but I qualify that by saying that should NOT be a consideration by the committee. A lot of folks have been wondering if even the committee could be getting Bama fatigue, but Auburn took care of them.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:42 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

CG you’re assuming Utah beats Oregon this weekend, if not they will have 2 losses and Oklahoma should get the 4 spot…at least IMO.

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Utah lost to Southern Cal. However, Georgia had the toughest schedule, and beat Notre Dame, Florida, and Auburn.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:48 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

True but I just don’t see them putting a 2 loss team in especially an SEC team, because I don’t think they really want two SEC teams in if there’s any way to keep them out.

5. Realme
    10:20 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Well, that’s all I can take. Let me know if I miss anything.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

That didn’t take long. lol Glad I made the right call before even turning it on.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:26 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

As great as it would be to see Lynn back at ANY position, he gone. If you paid attention to how emotional he was standing on and staring at the mid-field logo at CommonKroger you know that.

Plus, Vince Marrow acknowledged that Lynn had mentioned that he might want to come back and try to play QB full-time, but it sounded like Big Dawg wanted to discourage him from that because he said he reminded Lynn of how close he is to TW and he didn’t want that to come between them.

• Realme
      10:29 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

He needs to go, for sure. I can’t worry about him getting hurt the whole season.

• J-Dub421
      10:31 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I love Lynn and greatly appreciate what he did for us this season, but there’s no way he should be our full-time starting QB over TW.

• cats646
      10:38 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

If he comes back I say split the time 50/50. Plus if Gatewood comes I doubt (sadly) that Terry will play much.

• runningunnin.454
      10:42 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

But I don’t think Gatewood could play next year.

• Realme
      10:42 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Gatewood would need a waiver to play next season.

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Gatewood would have to sit out a year due to transferring, so that’s a moot point.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Bowden should strike while the iron is hot and go get that NFL money.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Lynn won’t be back, nor should he. He has to think about his son, and he can’t risk injury in a college game. That being said, I think he will play in the bowl game, and I’ll be holding my breath the entire game. That’s a long time to hold your breath.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I thought I was going to throw up for a second when Bowden came up limping badly in the second half of the Louisville game. Fortunately he was okay.

• ClutchCargo
      11:09 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I was all for the idea of playing Bowden at QB as soon as it started to look like a possibility. It worked out, and he was the world’s greatest band-aid this year, but that’s not the path forward for this program. Hopefully, TW comes back healthy for 2020.

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I’m going to miss Flagner too.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I’ll miss Flagner, too. Actually, I’ve been missing him since our other QB’s went down, so at least we have had some time to adjust.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:59 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

I agree he should go, but keep in mind that Josh Allen said he came back BECAUSE of his son.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:15 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Jeriah Hightower from Madisonville that Drew was talking about is 5-11 and 215 lbs. Currently, I think he is only being recruited by UT Martin and Illinois State.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:28 am December 5, 2019 Permalink

Don’t remember Ralph Beard’s playing days; but, I read that, while in London competing for the gold medal, he complained that he couldn’t get Juicy Fruit gum. William Wrigley of the Chicago Cubs sent him a case of the gum.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      12:01 pm December 5, 2019 Permalink

So there was no limey knock off brand. lol