KSR Show Thread 12/30: Ls Down!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Put your Ls Down and turn on that radio because we’re celebrating Saturday’s big win vs. Louisville and getting you ready for tomorrow’s Belk Bowl.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

74 Comments for KSR Show Thread 12/30: Ls Down!

1. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Somethin wrong with my keyboard this morning,
    77777777777777777777777777777777777777
    7OUISVI77E

• 4everUKBlue
      10:09 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I’m having the same problem RG. ???????????….all my ?’s are upside down.

• Realme
      10:09 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Your 7’s are upside down. What?!?! Mine too?!?!

• 4everUKBlue
      10:10 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

??????????? these are supposed to be L’s not ?’s

• 4everUKBlue
      10:10 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Dang it!

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Did 7ouisvi77e win? Nooooo, they 7OST!!!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:15 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

You guys are making me smile.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:11 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

“L’s down forever.”
    -Lynn Bowden

“As always and forever L’s down”.
    -Junior Nick Richards

3. RealCatsFan
    10:11 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

GOOD MORNING BBN!! It’s a beautiful day in the Commonwealth. 🙂 I drove in and had to listen to 790 AM for a little while so that I could hear the UL dudes admit ownership by UK. Sweeeeettt!!

4. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Mrs. RCF showed me a picture on twitter of Keon’s near-tip-in – the ball was at least halfway down in the cylinder.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:13 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

How many of us did NOT think about Cedric Jenkins when Keion’s tip did not go in (and we would have even more if it HAD gone in…probably)?

6. RealCatsFan
    10:14 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Leah Edmund tweeted out that there is no room on the Junior Nick Richards bandwagon if you were not already on there from the start. 🙂

Big game for Nick. That was good to see!

7. StillBP
    10:15 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I wonder if these people still feel the same today:
    dave1964: You can improve someone basketball IQ but u can’t give someone a bigger heart, Richards and EJ are soft just can’t wait until this year is over and they both can transfer.
    dave1964: This season is done stick a fork in it Richards and EJ are a joke just need to set EJ on the bench and play the freshmen Cal was a major failure at not getting another big man that could actually play basketball this season.
    jim tom: Da Ville is going to smack the cats around. Beat down coming
    jaw2152: Richards will never be good.
    classof68: Richards and Montgomery were wasted scholarships.
    DelrayCat:Honestly, that 2013 team that lost to Robert Morris probably wins 7 or 10 from this team.
    Delray Cat: They will be very lucky to win 20 games. Easily a 12-13 loss team…and likely NIT bound.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Have you ever seen so many 7OSERS?

• StillBP
      10:20 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

hahaha actually yes, I did take a few minutes to read Card Chronicles and man, talk about losers. Crying about the refs, wishing EJ would tear his ACL. It’s a slow day at work, I’m just finding joy in reading all the past comments on KSR and game comments on the Card site.

10:21 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

There’s a saying that you should put the phone down and walk away from it before posting a stupid comment, email, tweet, etc. Too bad more people don’t heed that advice.

• Bluehender
      10:26 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Thanks for exposing those 7osers BP

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:12 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I 7ooked at CC for probab7y on7y the 2nd time ever Caturday, and a77 the threads seemed to be severa7 days o7d. I guess I just don’t know how to navigate their forums. I did see the “Open Thread”, which is 7ike a Do77ar Tree version of KSR’s 7ive B7og (a7so known affectionate7y to some as the “7ove B7og”).

8. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

How about all the U-6 fans complaining about the no-call on the probably foul on Nwora’s missed dunk? The saltiness of their tears goes along perfectly with the sweetness of the victory, like chocolate covered pretzels.

• StillBP
      10:18 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

oh they complained about the refs all game! All the while I thought the refs were generous to them.

• Realme
      10:26 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I complained about the refs all game too.

• Bluehender
      10:29 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Yes, my brother, who is a 7ouisville fan, was saying Nwora would have 3 fouls before he got off the bus. I thought the refs were very generous to them..

10:35 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Blue, please tell us that he is your 7ITT7E BROTHER! 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:47 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

HA HA, Snicker Snicker…Hee Haw. RCF.

• Realme
      10:49 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Hee haw to both of you today! Top form.

9. Realme
    10:22 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

NOOOOOOO!!!!! How did that get moderated. Took me ages to change all those Ls. UGH.

Anyways, really proud of Nick and the way they fought, and clearly properly hate Louisville.

10:33 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I am still shocked that Nick did not pick up a 5th foul after he got that cheap 4th one.

10. runningunnin.454
    10:28 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Hey, Bi77 Murray, U7 loses to UK…AGAIN; It’s Groundhog Day, Don’t forget your booties, it’s cold out there..

• Realme
      10:31 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Did you see he had a faint grey line beard? Pitiful.

10:32 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

… and don’t drive angry! 😀

• StillBP
      10:34 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I’m just wondering why he didn’t sport the dirty bird’s attire? Did Makers pay him to wear their stuff instead? I get that it was still red/black but still weird to not wear Louisville gear.

10:37 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I thought Crown Royal was their sponsor.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I think Murray is a Bourbon fan; doesn’t he come to Kentucky for the festivals every year?

11:36 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Funny story about Bill Murray, but can’t recall where I heard it. Apparently he was walking through an airport terminal one day, and came across a random dude sitting at a table eating a burger and fries. Murray walked up to his table, grabbed a french fry, popped it in his mouth and told the guy “No one’s going to believe you.” And walked away. 🙂

11. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:32 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

“They’re thrusting in my face all the time.” lol

Stop it Matt. I don’t need the image.

12. Bluehender
    10:32 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Jim Bob Bill Tom never showed his face Saturday. He may never return…Go Cats!!!!

13. RealCatsFan
    10:36 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

“Horrible Bosses” was an absolutely hilarious movie. My favorite was the toothbrush scene.

14. Realme
    10:43 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

So some people say N’Wora. Lots say Wora. Matt says Nora. What is that kid’s actual name?

10:53 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Being that he plays for University-6 and lives in Minardi Hall, it has to be pronounced “Whore-A”. 😀

(If I don’t win the Internet with that one, I’m retiring. 🙂 )

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

RCF with the dagger, and the winner.

• Realme
      10:56 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Holy Cow, I am crying now. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Realme
      11:01 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Short list for comment of the year.

15. runningunnin.454
    10:44 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Saturday was a good day…a7so the South ru7es football…again; but,
    7eaving Joe Burrow in the who7e 3rd quarter in a 7augher not smart, remember Saban and Tua?
    And, Dabo, if you go to prevent defense with 2 minutes on the c7ock, your opponent will march down the fie7d, 7ucky OSU QB and his receiver were not on the same page. Pay attention, Coach Stoops.

10:49 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Was the “incomplete pass” actually a completed pass and a fumble for an OSU score? I thought so. They said it looked like an interception in real time, so they reversed the call, but isn’t that the whole reason that we have slo-mo for the review? Don’t get me wrong – I think it’s kind of humorous to see “The Ohio State’s” collective heads exploding, but I think they botched that one.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:07 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I thought it was a catch. BTW, what all moves constitute a footba77 move? I had never heard that term unti7 the Tom Brady “tuck ru7e” fumb7e/non-fumb7e, which was a fumb7e IMO.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:08 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Oh, and RG FTW on the prevent defense.

• runningunnin.454
      11:18 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

S7o-mo made it look like a catch and fumb7e; but, real time it looked like an incomp7ete pass; I would not have overturned the call, and OSU TD would stand. But it was a tough, tough call to make.

16. RealCatsFan
    10:44 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

To be fair, didn’t U-6 have a top 5 recruiting class last year? I don’t really call that “not recruiting well”. Still wouldn’t trade places with them. Ever.

17. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:44 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Guys, I’m not trying to change the jovial mood here, but later, say a prayer for the congregation in Texas, and yes, the family of the shooter. I have at least one friend who knows a couple people there.

10:45 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

cg, consider it done. It is sad that these shootings have become so commonplace that they hardly hit the radar anymore.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I saw the video of that shooting, an armed guard shot the guy, and at least 4 other members of the congregation pulled their guns, talk about the Wild Wild West.

10:54 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

You have to be stupid or crazy, or both, to pull a gun in public in Texas.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:05 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Many where we worship carry concealed, including several ladies that I know of, and probably some I don’t.

11:13 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I’ll never have a problem with people carrying a handgun for personal protection, but I just don’t see the need for Joe Schmo to be able to buy a military grade weapon with a magazine that holds 30 rounds or more without having some extensive background checks done. But that’s all I am saying about it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Hypothetically, let’s say you’re at home with your family, 5 thugs bust in, and you have a revolver with 5 or 6 shots, or even a semi-auto with only 10. Just something to think about

11:41 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Problem with that is it becomes a rabbit hole. Let’s say the same thugs have an armored vehicle and they are going to ram your home with it. Shouldn’t you be able to break out your grenade launcher to blow them up?

IMO, for personal protection when someone breaks into the house at 4 AM with the lights off, I’m grabbing my Remington pump action 12 gauge. I will NOT miss with that sucker.

11:42 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Dammit – I broke my promise. 🙂 This time I really mean it~!

18. RealCatsFan
    10:46 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Damn, I wish I had Harold living next door to me. 🙂

• Realme
      10:47 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

If you did you could tell him to stop worrying about rankings so much.

10:50 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I want Harold living on one side of me and Rich Brooks on the other side.

• Realme
      10:58 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Yes! Unlimited Cats conversation and free home grown tomatoes.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:13 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

And maybe PawPaw takes you a7ong on his motorcyc7e fishing trips to the west.

• TPACAT
      4:33 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

With all due respect, RCF, the Second Amendment had nothing to do with personal protection…

19. RealCatsFan
    11:09 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like dem hokies like to poke dat bear.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:15 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

You know, hockey p7ayers and coaches abso7ute7y refuse to be anywhere near appearing in a photo with the Stan7ey Cup until they are on a team that wins one.

20. CrystalBall
    11:12 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Good to see Joe B. and Denny C. at the game.

11:15 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I agree, both of those guys are living treasures.

21. runningunnin.454
    11:26 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

U7 has no complaints on the calls. We shot 5 more FT’s; but, 2 were on an “intentional” foul, so we really only shot 3 more. We hit our FT’s, and they were 9-20; and that won’t win close games.

22. Realme
    11:30 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I was expecting some run of the mill sexual harassment reports about Walter, the guys make it sound even more serious than that. I hate when our guys screw up towards women especially. Still very unhappy when I think about Demarcus.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

I hate when they bring something up; but, can’t talk about it. They obviously know more than we do…and doesn’t look good for Walter. Some men just don’t get it…you can’t do that.

23. Realme
    11:31 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Geez, Matt is really yelling at that poor caller.

24. RealCatsFan
    11:59 am December 30, 2019 Permalink

Without doing any kind of research, my best guess about the Walter McCarty Title IX situation is that there was some type of sexual assault or abuse on the part of one of his players, and Walter hid it or did not report it. But I am sure we will know the details soon enough. Unfortunate situation.

• Realme
      12:10 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think that’s it. The school refers to having counseled Walter previously about his behavior and then getting more reports. I’m paraphrasing an article I skimmed, so could be wrong, but that’s not the impression I got.

25. dan1965
    9:08 pm December 30, 2019 Permalink

7’s down always…lol
    A quick comment about what some call military grade weapon,first its semi-auto,not full auto. And secondley u have a right to defend against more than a local thug. We defeated the British with more than pitchforks in those days,and thank God we had them(rifle,etc..).
    People can say I’m crazy or not,but after what just happened with the fbi,cia and more trying to overturn the election,your going to sit here and tell me u trust this dam government,and might not have to 1 day fight against it ?!!
    And if u will check there have actually been international laws passed that say the U.N can come into the homes here and confiscate Americans weapons. Think that it can’t 1 day happen ?!! Well your crazy if u think it can’t !
    They even have laws and will try to prosecute some for what they consider “war crimes” during times of actual war, just because they don’t agree with what that person did. If I’m not mistaken there have been several Americans who were attempted to be tried under this,but America has refused some way. I don’t know the full details,but I know it was discussed and they wanted to prosecute them.
    The law to defend yourself wasn’t only against individuls,but against the government also,and foreign threats
    I’m not trying to be political,just truthful, and hell no I don’t trust this government,nor the likes of some liberals to one day turn over American rights to the UN and what,who to prosecute, more and more American rights are being done away with liberal policies as I!.