KSR Show Thread, 12/17: National Signing Day with special guest Freddie Maggard

On today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Freddie Maggard will make his return to the KSR airwaves to break down UK’s recruiting class. We’ll update you as Signing Day rolls on and look forward to the Cats’ 11 p.m. basketball game out in Las Vegas.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

49 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 12/17: National Signing Day with special guest Freddie Maggard

1. ClutchCargo
    9:59 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Happy Signing Day, ya’ll!!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:04 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Hello deranged Easter bunny! Well done. lol

• Realme
      10:22 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

One of my favorite holidays!

10:23 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

If I wasn’t too lazy to change my avatar I would make mine the leg lamp. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

RCF, did you see this?
      “20-foot ‘Indescribably beautiful’ leg lamp inflatable appears at ‘A Christmas Story’ house”

All I can say is, IT’S A MAJOR AWARD!!!

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Jean Shepherd based the leg lamp on an old illuminated Nehi soda ad with two disembodied ladies legs. Cool, huh?

10:36 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

cg, I want one of those! Mrs. RCF vetoed my idea of getting a life-size inflatable RV like Cousin Eddie had in Christmas Vacation.

• ClutchCargo
      11:07 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I like Signing Day not only for myself, but because it’s a happy time for the coaches. One of the few times throughout the year that they get to just give a fist pump and enjoy the results of busting their tails recruiting these guys.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:02 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

SIGNING DAY:

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

What a class UK is signing man!!!

10:30 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Our football team has gone from having guys who LOOK like SEC caliber players to actually HAVING guys who are SEC caliber players. I like what I am seeing!

10:34 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I was watching some of the Hudl video on John Young, and it was ridiculous! Reminded me of the scene in The Blind Side when Michael Oher pushed the dude all the way down the field over the wall. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Building the lines; you win in the trenches…we’re preparing for war.

• Realme
      10:56 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Preparing for war! I love it.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:03 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

SIGNING DAY 2:

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:04 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

SIGNING DA…JUST KIDDING!!!

UTAH BBALL GAME AND STAYING UP FOR KSR POST-GAME:

• StillBP
      10:43 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Negative

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Positive! Just like an all-nighter in college…studying or partying, I was a pro.

• ClutchCargo
      10:57 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Yes and no. No post-game for me.

11:05 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Can’t do it – spent the last two nights up past midnight with the Mrs sifting through old baby pictures of our eldest for her Senior year yearbook spread. Sniff, sniff, they grow up too fast!

11:44 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I will DVR it and try to watch it the next day. And most will not agree with me, but I actually find the stoner ramblings of Bill Walton to be kind of entertaining at times. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:44 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I couldn’t do it if I wasn’t off tomorrow. I bought some Mountain Dew last night to help! Hello whatever county that is in Kentucky that supposedly is obsessed with the Dew.

• StillBP
      12:13 pm December 18, 2019 Permalink

Bullitt County lol

5. runningunnin.454
    10:07 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Hey, my computer is slow as ‘lasses in January. TLS handshake, cloudinary, and other odd things running at the bottom…what up?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:19 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

The annoying ads, or something more?

• Realme
      10:23 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Um, huh?

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see the ads; it’s just slow after refreshing…don’t know.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:27 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Those fly in video ads are the worst.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:24 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I know I’m a broken record about this, but DREW FRANKLIN:

Get Christi Thomas in the studio to fill in sometime when Matt is on vaca! She is awesome. What are you waiting for?

7. Realme
    10:35 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I watched It’s A Wonderful Life last night all the way through for the first time. YouTubetv made it absolute torture. 25 commercials every other minute. I don’t know if it’s a Christmas movie. It’s only Christmas at the last part after all. I have Die Hard scheduled to record this week. Will let you all know if it counts or not.

10:43 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I thought the idea of paying for those online streaming services was to get away from all the commercials. I have it on DVD, so that’s how I will roll with it. About the only way to watch those ones on the channels is to DVR them and then watch them later and zoom through the commercials.

Yeah, not originally meant as a Christmas movie, but the nostalgic feel makes it seem like one. Oh, and all the winter snowy scenes.

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

They have only showed it every Christmas for 100 years?
      I watched Christmas Vacation; the old lady at the end had some of the best lines:
      “Grace, she passed away 30 years ago,
      Oh Dear, did I break wind,
      I pledge allegiance to the flag,
      PLAY BALL”

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

For me, at least, the idea of going with streaming is to cut the cost by 2/3 while getting the same service. Unlimited DVR helps if you want to watch a little later and blow through the commercials.

• Realme
      10:55 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

With this one, some recordings allow you to fast forward commercials and some don’t. They are getting out of control to try and make me pay for premium service I think. I’ll just switch services though, joke’s on them.

RG I was just teasing. In Dr office waiting room and that makes me want to pick a fight, lol. Is your “Hee Haw” from that, and do you put one thumb up to your head and wave the fingers when you type it?

• runningunnin.454
      10:57 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Yep, hee haw is from that movie, and absolutely on the thumb and fingers…HEE HAW.

10:58 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

rg, Aunt Bethany is one of my favorite characters in the movie. Her husband Lewis had some great ones too: “You couldn’t hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant!”

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I went through a stretch during football season where the recording would just end at random moments. Then I would have to go to the library of recordings and pull it back up to proceed. I think that’s over with now, though.

11:08 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Our daily Seinfeld reference – how cool is it that Christmas Vacation had two cast members who would go on to fame with their roles on Seinfeld? Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Doris Roberts. 🙂

11:13 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Damn! Now I realize that I got Doris Roberts mixed up with Estelle Harris. Doris Roberts was Ray’s father on Everybody Loves Raymond. She was pretty funny in that role.

8. J-Dub421
    10:49 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I still can’t reply. CC, are the blue button eyes staring sappily up at you? Also, you’ll shoot your eye out.
    There is someone who lives on the same street as a friend of mine that puts a full-size leg lamp in their living room window with their christmas tree in the background every year at Christmas. It’s just like the one in the movie. I don’t know who those people are, but I like them.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

They sound fun. You can buy a 45″ replica of the lamp on Amazon…it’s over $300; ouch.

• ClutchCargo
      10:55 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Haha, J-Dub. Noted. That sucks that you can’t reply. The conversational aspect of the ST isn’t quite what it used to be since the site upgrade, although it has gotten somewhat better since the weird multiple pages of comments thing got resolved..

11:00 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

A lady I used to work with made her own leg lamp, and it was spot-on.

11:01 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I wasn’t able to reply yesterday when using my Galaxy phone.

9. Realme
    11:09 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

Not a lot of decommits this year. How about that!

• ClutchCargo
      11:13 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

They know what’s up! Where are those doofuses who kept saying (half hoping, it seemed) that good receivers and QB’s would look elsewhere when they see how we play?

10. J-Dub421
    11:15 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Happy National Signing Day everyone! Merry Big Blue Christmas! The BBN must have been very good this year, because we’ve raked in quite the recruiting haul.

11. J-Dub421
    11:54 am December 18, 2019 Permalink

I am extremely excited about all the linemen we signed. Of the skill position players, I can’t wait to see how Branham and Anaele develop.