KSR Show Thread 12/11: Tom Leach joins the gang

Britney Howard | UK Athletics

Britney Howard | UK Athletics

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon will be joined by our good pal Tom Leach to discuss the latest in UK sports and Shannon’s new Radio World Heavyweight Championship belt:

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

68 Comments for KSR Show Thread 12/11: Tom Leach joins the gang

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:56 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

1) Football thread:

9:58 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

We can do this people! One page all day!!! Also, yay for Bowden, winning the PH Award. Most deserved award ever?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:03 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Your first sentence belongs on either the complaint or show thread. Come on! Get with the program! lol

Do you see the irony of me upbraiding you since you hatched this grand scheme? And I must say it is a wonderful and devious one. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!

10:05 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Hee Haw for the PLAN. And, Congrats to Lynn…earned.

10:23 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Bowden was the obvious and only choice for the Hornung Award.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:56 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

2) Basketball thread:

10:11 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Oh yeah! Louisville fell to the Curse Of The #1 Seed! Too bad.

• runningunnin.454
      10:15 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Once again, Louisville is vulnerable to the press. Cal should be working on a good zone press, 1-2-2 or 2-2-1, UL can’t take the pressure.

10:16 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Louisville losing was funny. Their fanbase was so overconfident.

10:22 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I did not watch the Louisville game last night, but did watch their game on Saturday (which they won). Anyway, my point is that Louisville’s point guard is not very good and is turnover-prone. I think our guards are a lot better and could have a field day when we play them. Nwora is really good though, and the heft of Enoch is concerning.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

And, the refs helped UL out the whole 2nd half. AAAnd, IU thinks they are good again; of course, they lost by 20 to 5-4 Wisky.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m not laughing too hard at anyone after we lost to EU. I was actually hoping we would knock UL off the #1 perch, but I’ll take it.

Also, don’t forget we play TTech at their place in the annual challenge.

10:30 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

IU has lost the right to try to tell us they’re “good again.” The rest of us will let them know when they’re good again.

10:32 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

^ Like ^

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Our guards will eat UofL’s alive, from what I have seen so far this year. Loving the plan to keep this on one page! Good call, Realme!

• runningunnin.454
      10:42 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Guess I watched Jim Valvano’s whole speech for the first time last night, really funny. He had read a book by Vince Lombardi, and was going to borrow a line from it, substituting Rutgers basketball for Green Bay Packers.
      So the night of his pep talk to his new team, he said, “You will be successful if you concentrate on three things, and three things only…your family, your religion, and…the Green Bay Packers”.
      I can imagine his teams’ faces.

• ClutchCargo
      10:43 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t think anyone should be confident enough to laugh at another team’s loss this year. I’m still going to laugh when dook and UofLOL lose, though. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:45 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

The “don’t ever give up” line loses a ton of power when it’s outside the context of that whole speech. I try not to watch it too often, because my allergies start acting up when I do.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Dangit! I was watching the original Pink Panther movie and forgot the Louisville game was on. I often like to scout the competition, but it would have been fun to watch them lose!

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:57 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

3) “The show” thread:

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:09 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

So the photo of Tom & Stoops looks like someone told a joke, Tom thought it was the funniest thing ever, and Stoops is “Huh? I don’t get it.”

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:13 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I guess that should have been posted on the “nonsense” thread. Haha.

10:24 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

We’ll see how long I have multiple threads available to me…

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

In the picture it looks like Stoops just said, “… and I’m going to play a wide receiver at quarterback!” 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Is that Coach Ogeron on the line now? 😀

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I think that is the dude who works at the junk yard calling in with the Leach impression. Fail!

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

My cousin was in the crowd right down on the floor for the AD shot block against UNCheat. His wife gave him a framed picture of the moment that Davis blocked Henson’s shot with him clearly in the background for his birthday. Way cool!

• RealCatsFan
      11:33 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

BTW, I was watching that game at home while assembling a huge doll house for the daughters’ Christmas present. Mrs. RCF was out shopping with them. Right after that happened I sent her a text saying “FEAR THE BROW”, so I take credit for originating that saying. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      11:37 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

RCF, your cousin’s wife is a cold-blooded badass when it comes to gift giving!

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I think it was this picture – he is a few rows up above #40 with glasses on – not positive because not high resolution.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:57 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

4) Nonsense thread:

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Should UL and IU be under the nonsense thread?

10:31 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Their fans definitely should be.

10:32 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha, yes for sure.

10:41 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Louisville 10 assists vs 19 turnovers last night. That’s some nonsense.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

My nonsense is that I have been out “junk-yarding” trying to scrounge up parts to fix daughter #1’s car on the cheap. Looks like I will be doing some custom bodywork with a 2×4, a hammer, and a ratchet strap. 🙂

BTW, I now have a theory that all the dudes who work in junk yards are related…

• ClutchCargo
      11:29 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

RCF, did you take a trip out to Pull-a-Part, by any chance? That place is awesome if you have an older vehicle that needs a part. I’m not a mechanic, but I can do a lot with a good YouTube video and a junk yard. As a bonus, you get to figure out how the part attaches by taking it off the junk car. And it’s a game, not unlike camping, to plan ahead and bring the tools you might need to remove said part(s).

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:58 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

5) Complaints thread:

9:59 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I would like to complain in advance about the 2 people who show up and don’t know our plan and mess it all up, lol.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:05 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I wasn’t sure I could pull this off before an extra comment would be posted between 1) the ads and 2) the “You’re posting too fast!” messages. But your devious plan worked!

10:09 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

So far, anyways. Thanks for doing it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I give all the credit to you (I’m not worthy!).

Whew! Firefox even slower today than before. I’m on my phone right now. I guess I’m now in KSR jail for setting up the template. Hee-haw!

I’m hesitant to say which ad blocker and browser I’m using for fear a “fix” will be figured out by the IT folks in the KSR tower.

I will tell you this: the browsers called Adblock and Duck Duck Go block ads, but also comments.

10:28 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m afraid to hit refresh for more comments because it usually makes most of them disappear into the ether. I may just have to post random comments from time to time.

10:31 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

You should be okay until someone inadvertently makes a new comment.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:40 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m on an iPhone BTW.

10:44 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Good call on this RM. (I still won’t refresh, just in case.)

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Dammit! Now there’s a “newer comments” button at the bottom!

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Even though we have figured out a temporary solution to the multi-page thread thingy, I still have to shut down my browser and restart it because it hogs all my memory. This thing has a serious memory leak.

11:31 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Honestly, RCF, the KSR people must hate this website too (except for the $). I bet its a PITA for them in just as many ways.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:41 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Safari browser, AdGuard app. Works great except the iPhone 7 screen as opposed to my yuge PC monitors and real keyboard. Ha!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:43 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
      I’m a loser. I PROMISE you all I took care to hit reply on the “Complaint” thread. I’ll just put myself in jail now.

10:45 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Lol, and now these are the only comments I see….

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m glad I wasn’t the ONE loser…Sic him, Realme.

10:46 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

This is now the thread.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

cg, you are hereby banished to both the Complaints and Nonsense threads. May the KSR webmaster have mercy on your soul.

10:49 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Chris, I would have expected this from a visitor, not a regular. Come on, man! Just kidding, I was afraid I would be the one to do it. So we made it to 10:41 today, tomorrow we go a whole hour…

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m confident we’ll get this right very soon. And be the envy of all KSR commenters.

11:07 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

We could narrow it down to bball, fball, other, to leave room for a couple ooopses.

11:08 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Of course, as soon as one of the trolls figures out what we’re trying to do, they can torpedo us easily.

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

I am spinning a record in honor of Chris G. Here comes John Lennon with “I’m A Loser”.
      And BTW, I am going to have to complain that we don’t have a Beatles thread. Boooo

11:14 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha we can lose the show one for music!

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Well, I wasn’t on the air, FCC would never stand for that; but, can any one beat FIVE UK championships?

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

OOPS

7. Realme
    11:12 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Whoa. I never thought about 2012 being Tom’s only on air championship. And people complain that Cal only has one.

• ClutchCargo
      11:18 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Further proof that Cawood was the GOAT.

So, are we just giving up on the 5 threads for today?

11:29 am December 11, 2019 Permalink

Well technically we still have 3 slots open now that this page exists…

11:31 am December 11, 2019 Permalink