KSR Show Thread 11/9: Bye weekend recap, Perry County

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will reconvene after the bye weekend to talk Kentucky football AND basketball and shine the spotlight on Perry County, the latest county up in our Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass Virtual Tour.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

71 Comments for KSR Show Thread 11/9: Bye weekend recap, Perry County

1. ClutchCargo
    10:03 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

The last shall be first and the first last.

• ClutchCargo
      10:04 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

btw, I had to prove I’m not a robot by clicking on pics of planes. 18 planes!

• runningunnin.454
      10:09 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Matthew, right? For many be called…?

• Realme
      10:10 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

It’s so hard on anything smaller than a computer screen.

10:23 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

And sometimes you get 1 page worth and sometimes 2, even when you’re right. If they would just get rid of either the trains or “motorbus” that would be helpful (maybe bicycles or motorcycles too). Bring in some critter pics as a sub. They could use Realme’s bad bird pics. Ha.

• Realme
      10:29 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

They are welcome to them, lol. I got a mini trail cam for my feeders! Might have some average bird pictures soon.

2. Realme
    10:09 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Meh, I’d rather the weather be a little crisper in November.

• runningunnin.454
      10:10 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Noooo, I’m a beach boy…without a beach.

• Realme
      10:13 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I love summer, but when it is over I love leggings and hoodies and stuff.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I absolutely love this weather! took advantage of it on Saturday and got a bonus day out on the boat. But yesterday I was stuck inside all day running volleyball tryouts. Hope I can sneak out of work a little early to enjoy a walk.

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

“My woody’s outside…covered with snow” Oh hell no!

10:27 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I hate the long hot humid summers in the deep south. However, it makes me appreciate the cooler dryer temps even more when they do arrive, so there’s that.

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

cg, I did my college co-op in Baton Rouge, and after my first semester there (in the summer), I came home to Louisville on the hottest day of the year. It was about 97*, and it felt like a nice spring day after the wet blanket down there. I must have thin skin, because I have found it to be much easier to get used to hot weather than to get used to cold. In the end, I was never meant to live up north – I absolutely HATE being cold. My wife and I fight over the thermostat endlessly. She thinks turning the t-stat down to 67* during the summer will make the house cool down faster.

10:38 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

And that will use a ton of your power and make the bill skyrocket. Haha.

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I have tried to explain to her that the AC can only cool down the house at a given rate, and setting the temp lower only makes it run longer (until the place resembles a meat locker) and ultimately wastes energy, but she just doesn’t buy it.

3. ClutchCargo
    10:11 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I moved furniture (not mine) across town all day Saturday. It was perfect for that. Now I’ll take some normal November weather.

4. ClutchCargo
    10:13 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

The fake crowd sounds remind me of the stupid laugh tracks on sitcoms. I can do without it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Might have a purpose, though. They could put TV Teddy in a padded cell, and pump in the fake crowd noise.

10:40 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

They should bump up the crowd noise when he preens for the cameras. He would love that.

5. Realme
    10:21 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I mean, because he is too obnoxious is reason enough to remove Rex and put in someone with a bit of class.

10:25 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I don’t disagree with anything Matt said, but the difference between Rex & Cawood being involved in politics is that Rex is a race-baiter extraordinaire online.

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Loved Rex when he played for us, and rooted for him in the NBA. But he took a major hit in my eyes when he came out with the “Cal to the Lakers” thing in the hours before the 2014 national championship game. That was enough to do it for me.

• rlee7932
      10:33 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Chris, Rex a race-baiter?
      Guess someone is feeling a bit butthurt that the racist in chief has been defeated and consigned to a life of running form state and federal indictments.
      At least there will be some hope for unrepentant racists as the orange loser will be holding more of his supre spreader Nuremberg for the intellectually challenged.
      Have fun

10:36 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Yes, he is a race baiter.

Question: was Kamala lying before when she said Joe Biden IS a racist, or is she lying now when she says he ISN’T a racist?

BTW, our president gave us the best employment numbers ever, including for minorities.

• Realme
      10:44 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Chris, I doubt you can get through to this person without personal insults and wishing disease on people.

10:44 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

And as for your “supre spreader” comment, I point you to the current caller who is pointing out the hypocrisy of calling Trump rallies and worship services spreader events, but not the Biden celebrations, and not even the recent riots.

10:45 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Well, he specifically addressed the Notre Dame post game celebration, but the same principle applies.

10:51 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Gotcha Realme. Haha.

11:18 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

All that stuff aside, I love The Goose. His heartfelt words after Mike Phillips passed away were very touching.

11:20 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

And Rex was a good analyst. I really like when he would bring up things he saw in practice. I remember Matt saying Rex was the one who told him that Ashton Hagans was going to be special on defense.

6. Realme
    10:27 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Matt just proved he is full of poo. If he actually hates bro country, he never would have been driving around with 98.1 on.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:29 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Enjoyed the Clemson v ND game; but I thought the priests had some influence on the officials.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Sad day losing Alex – miss him already. RIP. πŸ™

This was apparently done before he took over Jeopardy, but I’m still putting it up in his honor. What a fine human being he was!

• Realme
      10:46 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Some ass on my Twitter used the hashtag WhatIsRIP. I would have never guessed he was 80. Cancer can eff off.

10:49 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Cliff Clavin’s appearance on Jeopardy was great too.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I forgot about that one! Classic!

Forgive me if I have told this story before, but I had a very vivid dream one time that I was just killing it on Jeopardy, nailing answers left and right and racking up thousands. Sadly, I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off – I had been hitting the snooze button every time I hit the Jeopardy buzzer, and not only was I still broke, I was also late for work! πŸ˜€

11:17 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Haha. Were you answering the really difficult questions about philosophy and metaphysics, or did you get the easy sports category?

I was watching once and this preacher ran the “Church music” or “Sacred music” category, but couldn’t answer anything else at all and wound up in the hole. I’m sure he heard about it from his congregation. πŸ˜›

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I cleaned up in the 60’s musclecars and classic rock catergories. πŸ™‚

9. JTHinton
    10:43 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Will in SC is right …

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I can see your point, and yeah, most of the fans were masked up, but they were crushed together like sardines. I don’t think the Biden demonstrators practiced “proper” social distancing either, but most of the pictures and video that I have seen seemed to show them spaced apart a bit more. I personally would not partake in either event. I’m not going to tempt fate by intentionally getting in the middle of crowds like that.

That being said, the obvious thing is, has ND fallen that far off the radar that they have to storm the field for a win? I thought they had been there before. (Albeit, a long time ago.)

10:56 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Yeah RCF, we say we don’t storm the court, so it’s interesting that ND fans did that, especially when they won without Trevor playing.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:44 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Is the hysterical anti-Covid dude going through a second puberty or something? Geesh!

10:47 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I think he was trying to be another Chester and it didn’t work that great. lol

11. runningunnin.454
    10:46 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

So does Lawrence actually have Covid? He’s been out 2 weeks…I was surprised he was with the team Sat night.

• JTHinton
      10:49 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Some of the standards we have with regards to Covid make no sense whatsoever … he can be on the sideline but can’t play?!

10:53 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I heard on the radio here that when Saban was waiting on his last text, they actually had to put the sample on a plane and take it to Mobile. Local talk show host (the same one I often quote…the Troy play by play guy) was joking about “Some guy had to rush a cooler with a Saban snot sample to a plane to rush it by air to Mobile?!”

10:54 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Test

12. runningunnin.454
    10:54 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Chuck Barris…and he was a CIA assassin, no?

• Realme
      10:55 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

It’s SO Matt to say no to Sajak because he personally doesn’t like WOF.

• RealCatsFan
      11:05 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I never cared for it either – but I don’t have anything against Sajak. I just hate it when the puzzle is obvious and almost solved but some goofball insists on buying vowel after vowel, only to miss on one of them and then hand their turn over to their opponent to easily solve. Dingbats! πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I thought that was Fred Rogers, rg. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:16 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Or…Tom Hanks?

13. runningunnin.454
    11:01 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Pfizer has a Covid vaccine that they say is 90% effective?

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t think ANY vaccine was 90% effective. Does that sound legit?

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Flu vaccine is said to be 40% to 60% effective; but, one year it was only 29% effective; but, Pfizer is saying 90%…we can hope.

14. runningunnin.454
    11:10 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

What about Florida putting up 44 on Georgia? Oh boy, gonna be a tough one.

• Realme
      11:30 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Oh you mean we get to go back to watching UK football games again? I managed to forget for a few days.

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Damn, I hate the fact that Florida is good again. Really good. I wanted them to serve at least 5 or 6 years in football purgatory being mediocre at best.

15. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:13 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Coy & Vance.

16. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:28 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

I think Jean Ritchie has some songs that are accompanied. I may be wrong, but I think she plays the dulcimer or something like that.

RG, am I correct? I was first introduced to her on our common interest/show “The Thistle & Shamrock”. I remember one year Fiona Ritchie (the host of the show for those who don’t know) interviewed her during “The Swannanoa Gathering”. Again for those who don’t know, that is a YUGE folk festival held every year (except this year…COVID…grrr!!!) in the mountains of North Carolina.

17. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:30 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Why will modbot not let my comments about
    J-E-A-N
    R-I-T-C-H-I-E

through?

18. RealCatsFan
    11:39 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

So is it true that Four Season’s Landscaping is smack dab between an adult book store and a crematorium? πŸ˜€

19. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am November 9, 2020 Permalink

Mrs RCF started watching “Queen’s Gambit” last week, and I sat down and watched it with her. It is pretty good, and it has a cool soundtrack and lots of cool old cars in it, since it was set in the 60’s early 70’s. It’s about an orphaned girl who learns how to play chess from the janitor at the ophanage she lived at, and she turns out to be a genius level chess master. I liked it.