KSR Show Thread 11/3: Election Day, Owsley County

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Election Day edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will get you through two hours of a very busy and stressful day, give away $500 from our friends at the Breeders’ Cup, and talk Owsley County. Get in here, the water’s fine!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

42 Comments for KSR Show Thread 11/3: Election Day, Owsley County

1. Laker Cat 18
    10:05 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

2. Realme
    10:07 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I have appointments, can’t stay, but here’s the evening grosbeak. I figured since Clutch had the habitat to get a blue gb at the feeder, you’d be the one to see it if they come here (already in Ohio).

Happy last day of political commercials and condescending exhortations to vote.

• Realme
      10:09 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

(not you LC)

• Laker Cat 18
      10:21 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

πŸ˜€

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

LC is the worst. πŸ˜‰
      JK man.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I just did a quick check of Facebook and it reminded me for the millionth time to vote and offered to tell me WHERE to vote. Seriously, at this point?

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I have seen the rose breasted grosbeak around my yard, but none of the others.

Back in college, my roommate had an encounter with a red-headed broad-breasted bedthrasher.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

RCF, I wonder if that bed-thrasher is related to this one: https://www.google.com/search?q=great+tit+kill+nesting+birds&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS821US821&oq=great+tit+kill+nesting+birds&aqs=chrome..69i57.23137j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Not sure what happened there, but… https://www.popsci.com/great-tits-murder-climate-change/#:~:text=Climate%20change%20may%20be%20to%20blame.,-A%20bird%20murder&text=But%20recently%2C%20some%20flycatchers%20have,them%2C%20and%20eat%20their%20brains.

• RealCatsFan
      10:45 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, I don’t know about that, but according to this article Great Tits are unaffected by warm weather. I always thought the warm weather would make them more prominent.

• RealCatsFan
      10:45 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

And Realme’s other article prompted me to investigate the tufted titmouse. It didn’t look anything like I expected. πŸ˜€

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I can’t believe rg is missing out on all of our middle school humor. πŸ™‚

• Realme
      10:58 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I am in line in my car to have my blood drawn under a tent and you guys are cracking me up.

• Realme
      11:01 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

And rose breasted has are one of my favorite birds, haven’t seen one in years.

• ClutchCargo
      11:07 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

We get the rose breasted ones every spring. Maybe fall too, just haven’t really noticed. But one thing COVID has done is give me more time at home to pay attention to the environment around me, so we’ll see.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Just got in off the road; was listening to the show in the car. And, RCF…I have NO IDEA what y’all are talking about.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Speaking of birds, are there a lot of owls in Owlsley County?

• ClutchCargo
      11:35 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I assume so, RCF. Good thing Kitten County is so far away from Owlsley County.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, looking forward to moving on from all the election crap – hopefully we will get some relative peace and quiet in the coming weeks, at least as far as politics are concerned. I am proudly wearing my Lebowski 2020 shirt today. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

If I had a t-shirt with the Rick Astley for POTUS meme on it, I would be wearing that today.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

WE JUST GOT RICK ROLLED!

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I think I Rick rolled myself by even typing out his name. Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:39 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Here’s the cure:
      “Baby shark, do do do do do!
      Baby shark, do do do do do!”

4. RealCatsFan
    10:32 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Anyone watched the interview with KAT talking about his mom? Wow, that’s tough. I feel so bad for him. Great young man with the brightest future, but no amount of wins and money can replace a loss like that. πŸ™

• JTHinton
      10:52 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Heartbreaking. It pains me to no end that from March to May, thousands couldn’t say goodbye to their loved ones BC of COVID restrictions. But with the flip of the switch, political protests and riots in every city for over a month!

• Realme
      11:02 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Can’t click on that. The picture of him with tears on his face is killing me.

• Realme
      11:03 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Made a small donation to his mom’s mayo clinic memorial thing, and the family sent thank you cards. So kind.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:14 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Very sad. I posted a comment but haven’t read it yet. You’re right that the pic itself is sad enough.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

JTHinton, yep – that and Trump rallies. πŸ˜‰

5. JTHinton
    10:51 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

What is Matt talking about?!? We aren’t playing Hartford, we’re playing Morehead, Richmond, and Detroit. And that’s not β€œscoop” … your own website has reported the MTE being our opener for WEEKS!

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:13 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

I couldn’t resist posting this on the article where Jai says the new structure is “the staff is the future”:

7. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Matt is again affirming his status as a metrosexual, not being able to identify “the long part of a rifle”. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Does he know what a breech loader is? How about a muzzle loader? Bet he can’t identify the lock, stock, and barrel…or even know where that expression came from.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

He wouldn’t know a breech loader from a breech birth. πŸ˜€ But he probably knows more than us about breech of contract. πŸ˜‰

8. runningunnin.454
    11:20 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Oh boy, they are talking weapons…clueless as usual. I am the proud owner of a Kentucky rifle. Black powder, .50 Cal.

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

rg, you are probably giving the same eye-roll I give when they try to talk about anything automotive. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:54 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Yup.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:29 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Hah, would love to see Matt CATCH a 98 mph fast ball, ha ha.

• ClutchCargo
      11:34 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

It might catch him instead. lol

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Just having something coming at you at that speed – anything – is a serious intimidation factor.

• runningunnin.454
      11:42 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

My Dad and one of my uncles were about to sign with the Cardinals; but then, WWII messed that up. My Uncle Tim could throw a 90+ fast ball, and then he would switch up with his knuckleball, and I would be obsessed with protecting…well, you know. Hated playing catch with him!

10. ClutchCargo
    11:46 am November 3, 2020 Permalink

Not sure if it’s still the case, but there used to be a threshold you had to meet for attendance when moving into NCAA Division I. Maybe that’s part of the reason Bellarmine is playing in Freedom Hall after this season.