KSR Show Thread 11/27: Bowl buzz and Louisville coaching rumors

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the whole gang is in studio to discuss the latest on Kentucky’s potential bowl destination, the Louisville football coaching rumors, and tomorrow night’s basketball game. Tune in or miss out!

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

51 Comments for KSR Show Thread 11/27: Bowl buzz and Louisville coaching rumors

1. Cokey_2
    9:57 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Who is the potential football transfer? I can’t find anything about it!

• Realme
      10:02 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Not sure what you’re referring to, but lots of guys are potential football transfers at the end of a season. Probably not anyone you’re worried about. It’d be one of the guys who didn’t get to play.

• runningunnin.454
      10:06 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

First I’ve heard about it…in or out? Maybe Russ Yeast IN?

• Realme
      10:08 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Oh! Matt mentioned a big transfer in, that’s right. Could be a while before we know what he meant, if he ever elaborates. Loves to drop the old “I know something you don’t know” on us.

• michaelb
      10:10 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Maybe Kelly Bryant ?

• ClutchCargo
      10:19 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

The old “I know something you don’t know” then allows him to gloat that he knew this was coming all along. But if it’s good news for UK football, I don’t care who claims credit for being right about it.

• Some Auburn fans have started to beat the drum for Neal Brown. I don’t know that it’s a huge drumbeat, but it exists. Troy is only about 45 minutes SE of Montgomery, and Auburn is only about 45 minutes or an hour E of Montgomery.

There is also a rumor that someone from Auburn has actually met with Bob Stoops to gauge interest. *insert chin rubbing emoji here*

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, that’s very annoying.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Annoying was for “Matt’s Secrets”.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:34 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Is that anything like Victoria’s Secrets?

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

I hope we never know.

• Yeah, Matt still won’t tell what Pawpaw said to him about Bobby Petrino in private. If Brooks told him in confidence, I get that, and if he’s the type to not the type to rip people publicly because he considers it not polite, I especially get that as a Christian. But yeah, the whole “It was so funny but I can’t tell you!” is irritating. Just don’t talk about it.

Incidentally, and I’ve posted this before recently, but Google Mike Zimmer and his thoughts on Petrino. He pulls no punches.

• Realme
      10:38 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Fighting back images of Matt in a push up bra now.

• And apologies for my lack of editing skills on that comment.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:40 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Lol @ Realme

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Exactly, cg. If someone tells you something in confidence, you just don’t even mention it at all.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:42 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

That would mean reining in ones ego.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Realme, thanks for that image – some things cannot be unseen, even if it’s psychological! And it’s really not that much of a stretch – after all, Matt is somewhat of a metro. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

So many choices…boxers, briefs, panties.

• Realme
      10:51 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

A study of JJ Weaver’s right hand might help with that.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:07 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Don’t forget thigh highs and bustiers.

2. Cokey_2
    10:10 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

No, not off of our team. Matt has mentioned several times that there is a big name transfer that could likely land at UK after this season, but that they have to keep it “hush hush” because they are keeping it quite. Just curious as to who that could be.

3. Cokey_2
    10:16 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Well I don’t think its Bryant or Hurt because there is zero news of them considering UK at all. However, there is ample news of Kelly especially visiting and talking to other schools.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Bryant has visited several SEC teams, including Auburn and Miss State. Also North Carolina; but, they just fired their coach.

4. CarolinaMedCat
    10:18 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

XPFSU

5. Well guys, I was examined by the surgical oncologist yesterday, and he’s going to remove my melanoma tomorrow. For those who may not have seen my post last week, I have a malignant melanoma on my scalp. He thinks it will be fine and that it’s not too deep, but when he says “I won’t have to remove any skull”, it’s like *shudders” a bit.

On the humorous side, apparently I’m going to look like Massive Head Wound Harry for a while. I may have to buy and wear that fedora even at my desk!

Thanks for all the kind words last week and your continued prayers! Oh yeah, GO CATS!!!

• Realme
      10:29 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Glad you get to have that over with soon! Feel free to not share pics of your wound.

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Fedoras rule; best wishes.

• I’ll not show up at dinner parties and stick my head in the dip like he did Realme! Haha.

Thanks guys.

• RealCatsFan
      10:49 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

cg, sounds like they are going to do the Mohs surgery. The scary news is that they keep slicing until they get clear margins, but it assures that they get it all. And that’s definitely something you want to do when it’s on your noggin’. Good luck with everything.

• Yep, that’s kind of how he explained it. The great thing is apparently this guy is the best of the best in this area, and he did his residency at MD Anderson in Houston, which has done incredible things in the cancer area.

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

cg, I owe my sister’s life to MD Anderson. She was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive type of uterine cancer. The doctors around here gave her about a year – told her to get her affairs in order. We went down to MDA and they had a clinical trial that used a different method of administering the chemo and radiation. Her doctor up here agreed to treat her according to their regimen. She got through it (it was really tough on her), and has been cancer free ever since – that was almost 15 years ago! I think she is one of the only people that her local doctor has ever seen survive this type of cancer. So when you have a serious diagnosis like that, it is absolutely worth it to get some opinions from the major cancer centers in the country – even if you have to travel for it. Sounds like you are in great hands.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Good luck, and fingers crossed for a good outcome CG.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:08 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Prayers for a successful procedure Chris.

• RCF, I know someone who also was told to get his affairs in order, and he’s still alive because of MD Anderson. I think that was like 15 years ago he was diagnosed. UAB is the best in Alabama, but they aren’t MD Anderson. My wife is a nurse and she works with cancer patients. She’s trying to tell 2 people to go to Houston (not her patients). It doesn’t seem they are taking her advice. One has stage 4 colon cancer and she’s probably in her 40s.

Anyway, thanks again guys! probably won’t be in here much this week, and I have to get back to work!

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Better get on top of that Pensky file CG. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

I was for the most part very happy with the care my father got here in town, but if he were 20 years or so younger, I would not have hesitated to take him to Duke. They are highly regarded in the treatment of glioblastoma.

• Haha JDub!

• I hear you RCF.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

I kind of watch cooking shows like this. Especially if someone does something particularly stupid, like not deveining their shrimp.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Have a friend that asked his new wife for a boiled egg. She boiled it for 45 minutes; is that egg ready….yet?

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

With the availability of how to videos, there is no excuse for not being able to do basic cooking functions.

6. runningunnin.454
    11:39 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Bob Knight bad stuff? Exactly how long is this show?

• ClutchCargo
      11:53 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Saw the previews for this last night. It might have to be a miniseries.

7. J-Dub421
    11:50 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Just ask Brian Bowen why he committed to Louisville, completely out of left field when they weren’t even recruiting him. That will blow up his whole “I didn’t know” lie.

8. UK Big Board Update
    11:53 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Just a refresher from the beginning of the season:

Luether July 25, 2018 at 12:22 am | Permalink
    My sources predict 6 – 6…

HE MAD LOL

CatstopWontstop July 24, 2018 at 11:00 am | Permalink
    Unless Kentucky wins a National Championship, there is no scenario in which Stoops should get more money. Kentucky has already paid the man far more than he is worth based on knee-jerk reactions to some wins that turned out to be mediocre at best.

Stoops really only has two really good games to point to during his time at UK: Beating Louisville in 16-17 and the bowl loss to a good Northwestern team that could have easily been a win.

I’m hopeful,and I’ll be watching, but cautious optimism is where I stand with the UK/Stoops marriage.

ukgrad83 July 24, 2018 at 11:51 am | Permalink
    The sad thing is, the buyout will still be more then $16M after this year. IMO, MB was too quick in trying to lock him in place and he was financially negligent in doing so as well. Not sure he’d be let go this year even if he lost every game.

BBNBRIAN July 24, 2018 at 12:07 pm | Permalink
    5 wins MAX… The only saving grace for 6 wins will be another “Lamar fumble to lose the game” scenario. The more likely scenario is that Stoops will poop the bed in 1-2 games that we “should have” won (again) and we finish with 4. Move him along and bring in a coach that has more qualifications than a “last name”.

DennyC July 24, 2018 at 1:11 pm | Permalink
    Maybe because UK Sucks at Football???? Smh….#BottomFeeder

HE MAD

az1006 July 24, 2018 at 12:58 pm | Permalink
    Mississippi State beat the brakes off us last year, and they’re probably going to be better this year. We won’t be favored in that game by a long shot, and it certainly won’t be “easy” if we do find a way to win.

I think we find a way to win 6-7 games, but I don’t think Mississippi State will be one of them.

jaws2 July 24, 2018 at 3:44 pm | Permalink
    This team has SEC talent; at some positions, but not top tier SEC talent across the board. It’s also not SEC deep. We still have middle of the pack SEC talent overall. This is the SEC MAN! Until this is corrected, if ever, it’s where we’ll stay.
    I expect this team to beat who they should, lose to GA and A&M for certain, and the rest of the games to be toss ups. All in all I think 7 wins would be a good year, 8 would be REEEEAALY good! And no, he doesn’t need a raise. If he wants more, let him leave.

BluKudzu July 24, 2018 at 4:05 pm | Permalink
    I am hoping for a breakthrough season for Stoops, but, this will be a very difficult year to do so.
    Bottom line, if the defense can’t stop the other team, then the offense has to score a lot to have a chance. With our QB situation currently, I am not sure that will be the case.

Luether July 25, 2018 at 12:24 am | Permalink
    Until we win consistently on the field, expectations rightly should be managed…

bradinmississippi July 25, 2018 at 10:40 am | Permalink
    I keep hearing how our talent is better, I just don’t see it, here are the recruiting rankings in the SEC while Stoops has been coach
    2019 11 with 1 Four Star
    2018 11 with 3 Four Stars
    2017 10 with 4 Four Stars
    2016 10 with 1 Five Star 4 Four Stars
    2015 13 with 2 Four Stars
    2014 9 with 10 Four Stars
    2013 13 with 3 Four Stars
    How can we compete with recruiting like this? Stoops best year was 2014. He has only recruited 1 Five Star player and minimal 4 Stars. We keep hearing about all of these great classes but when you actually look at them they are below average in the SEC.

Rabbi Li July 25, 2018 at 2:58 pm | Permalink
    BTI said, “9 wins – Stoops looking at either a nice raise or some other bigger jobs.”

This is the typical hyperbole… but is to be expected from the BTI amateur hour.

If he wins 9 games then it means he finally was better than 4-4 in the SEC (and would likely be just 5-3).

• J-Dub421
      12:02 pm November 27, 2018 Permalink

Some of these negative nellies are still around. We have a lot of new ones lately it seems.

9. TPACAT
    11:54 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

When are these guys going to figure out we’ve been on Mars before now?

• Realme
      11:56 am November 27, 2018 Permalink

Just be happy if they say astronomy instead of astrology.

• TPACAT