KSR Show Thread 11/26: Celebrating the Governor’s Cup

Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon The Dude are celebrating Kentucky’s big win at Louisville on today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

59 Comments for KSR Show Thread 11/26: Celebrating the Governor’s Cup

1. Realme
    10:04 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Unhh, blugh. Monday.

2. ClutchCargo
    10:07 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Today is like some kind of bad hangover from such an awesome weekend. Is it weird that I rewatched the football game really late Saturday night/Sunday morning like a little kid watching Polar Express for the the thousandth time?

• Realme
      10:10 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I don’t find that weird at all.

• RealCatsFan
      10:14 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

My weekend was a little too busy to pull that off, but I am keeping that one to pull out for just such an occasion. BTW, I did stay up late to see the end of that LSU/TAMU game. Wow, that was epic!

• ClutchCargo
      10:18 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, that LSU/TAMU was something. Kind of like our 7 OT game with Arkansas, but with a lot more on the line.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I flipped over to the LSU/TAMU game after our game. Great game; of course, I was pulling for TAMU…that means that only two SEC teams won more conference games than UK; Bama & Georgia.
      Still hoping for Penn State in the Citrus Bowl.

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Best part of it was the fact that they dumped the Gatorade jug on the Cookie Monster and then he had to stand there on the sidelines for another 2 hours just to see his team lose in the end. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ClutchCargo
      11:08 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I hadn’t heard Orgeron referred to as Cookie Monster, but that is perfect!

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Once you hear Orgeron talk, you can’t unhear it. He sounds like the cookie monster.

3. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:16 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Such a great season and so many on this site are not happy.

• Realme
      10:21 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I said I wasn’t happy after Tennessee, but probably would be when the season ended, and that ended up being true. Although I am sad about the season ending and the guys we’re losing…

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:23 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I was unhappy after the TN game too but I still felt good about all they had accomplished. I really am sad about the players we are going to be losing to. I feel like we could have done better if Eddie Gran had the same play calling the rest of the season.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

The interwebs bring out the worst in people who have nothing better to do than complain. Sometimes I will get fed up and give them a hard time, but mostly try to ignore them. Every UK fan I know in real life is a lot more reasonable than the haters online.

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

But by popular demand, Hoak went into the game. Hoak and Smoke…one of the announcers better lines in the game.

• Realme
      11:12 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

If only he had not tried to pronounce Smoke’s first name.

• ClutchCargo
      11:15 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I love watching Smoke run, reminds me a lot of Moncell Allen. It looked like they were trying to tackle a bowling ball out there.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I kind of wish I had skipped the UK Volleyball match and drove out to the YUM Center to watch the annihilation in person. Almost went at the last minute to try to find a cheap ticket. But then I saw the pictures Matt tweeted out of the unbelievable line to get in, and was kind of glad I was watching the game in front of my 60-inch with a cold beer in my hand.

• Realme
      10:24 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

How in the world can they not competently take tickets and let people in the stadium? Roush said they wand everyone, but they know they do that, so they still should have had enough gates staffed.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:27 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

You have to wonder what those people are like in everyday life, miserable I’m guessing.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:28 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Sorry that last comment was meant for the post above.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I went to the football game on Saturday and it was awesome, probably more so because I went with my friend and her husband (and my husband) who are season ticket holders so they have really great seats in the lower level on the 45 yard line.

• Realme
      10:52 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Nice Jdub!

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

So, of all the things to be awaiting moderation… the mod bot doesn’t like that I am happy for J-Dub because she has cool friends who just happen to be UofL fans. Sheesh!

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

And the lines to get in were insane. There were, I think, only two entrance gates open and the one we went through, they were checking bags and wanding everyone, but only had 2 dudes wanding people.

• ClutchCargo
      11:05 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

They probably assumed it would be mostly UK fans coming through, so why not just make it as difficult as possible. They probably prefer empty red seats to all of that blue.

• Realme
      11:07 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

So are the seats faded to a gross pink in person?

• ClutchCargo
      11:11 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Maybe they just never changed them since October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. That must be it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Yes, they are sun faded and pink-ish.

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, they have no choice but to wand everyone, since it is mostly Louisville fans for most games. Consider the clientele. ๐Ÿ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, the mod bot got me too when I was talking about not wanting to hang out with k the vamp.

5. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:24 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

There were a ton of people on this site wanting Petrino for sure.

• Realme
      10:25 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

And they called constantly.

• J-Dub421
      10:50 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I told those people they were dumb at the time, and I was right.

6. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:37 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Did Matt just call Neil Diamond cheesy???

7. ClutchCargo
    10:51 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I actually agree with Matt on this one. He is cheesy, but he has always embraced the cheese and is apparently okay with it.

8. Realme
    10:54 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Did you guys talk about the LaMelo conversation Friday? Forget about his dad. He seems like a huge ego, lazy, ball hog. And why did they say he’s the #1 player in the class? Is that right (or would it be if he were known to be eligible)?

• runningunnin.454
      10:57 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

That’s just too much baggage, and he plays 0 defense, and we don’t need guards. Now if he grows a foot, I’ll reconsider.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Another reason why in many cases the HS rankings can be tossed right out the window.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:59 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

If he grows a foot, becomes much more of a team player and his father gets deported, I’d consider it.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

That kind of talk is ridiculous. Cal has zero reason to bring that on himself. “UK isn’t for everyone” definitely applies in this situation.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Lavar pulled LaMelo off his high school team because the coach didn’t want to let him shoot 50 times a game. Cal will NEVER recruit a player like that, especially not when his father is such a train wreck. Long story short, there is no way LaMelo ends up at Kentucky.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I have talked to a lot of college volleyball coaches, and most of hem tell me that when they are recruiting players one of the first considerations is what the parents are like. I am sure basketball coaches are the same way.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I used to coach swimming at my country club (not high level stuff) and there were crazy parents there. No one wants to deal with crazy parents who think junior is an angel who can do no wrong.

9. J-Dub421
    11:26 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Duke lost, which I enjoyed. I thought Gonzaga was going to choke at the end there and lose, but they pulled it out. Duke definitely didn’t play as well as they played against us.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think Duke will play the rest of the season the way they played against us.

10. Kernel Sanders
    11:31 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Coach Cal, please alter your recruiting strategy for Matthew Hurt. Tell him UK IS mostly for everyone, this stuff is easy, promise him playing time, promise him 25 shots per game, tell him if he comes here, he will be set up for life, give his whole family Nikes, buy his family a horse farm, make Ellen bake him cookies.

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

A horse farm would be a nice touch.

• ClutchCargo
      11:39 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

And tell him we love having Minnesoootans on our basketball team.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Truth CC. I do love Reid.

11. Realme
    11:45 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Sounds to me like DJ misses getting UK commit attention.

• RealCatsFan
      11:49 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

If he is butt-hurt over not being “the man” at UK and being recruited over, then what the hell does he think will happen with Penny at Memphis? Hell, it already has!

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Memphis needs to worry about beating the College of Charleston before Jeffries goes calling out Kentucky.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Can we just turn off this stupid moderation bot on this site? It does absolutely no good at all. The inane and even cussword laden comments get through anyway.

• ClutchCargo
      11:56 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

Just let the inane and cussword-laden comments fly. We’ll get what you mean. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Seriously, though, I have typed some truly horrible and rude things that I’m not proud of to trolls on other threads from time to time and they never get moderated.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am November 26, 2018 Permalink

I’ve seen trolls post some pretty vulgar things while my innocuous comments get moderated. Annoying.

13. Cokey_2
    3:22 pm November 26, 2018 Permalink

Has there been anything said at all about the football transfer? I can’t even find any tea leaves about it!