KSR Show Thread, 11/19: Draft Recap + Rockcastle County

On this morning’s edition of the Kentucky Sports Radio radio show, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond will give you their thoughts on the draft and the futures of each former Wildcat who joined the NBA last night. Plus they’ll take your calls and take you on a trip to Rockcastle County.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

55 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 11/19: Draft Recap + Rockcastle County

1. runningunnin.454
    10:00 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Look up eclectic online, and this is what you get,

2. Realme
    10:03 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Help I’m at the dentist, it’s so scary. Yes, I’m actually five.

• runningunnin.454
      10:10 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Did you read the bestseller, “Dental Examination” by Hope N. Widde”?

• Realme
      10:16 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

serioisly rescu meee.. sorry can’t pronoince. Mouf numb

• Realme
      10:17 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Hee haw

10:19 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Last appointment I had (a week ago) they wanted to do a crown on one of my molars. Not bothering me, so for now I’m holding off on that one.

• Realme
      10:19 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

No I don’t read books about things I have an irrational fear of.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:19 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

All I have to say is “Marathon Man”.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Realme, if you truly have a phobia about the dentist, don’t watch that movie, seriously.

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I saw a pretty terrible slasher movie back in the 90’s called “The Dentist.” I recommend watching that one the night before your appointment next time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dentist

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Delightfully terrible, that is. 🙂

10:32 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

So now some dentist offices give you noise canceling headphones so you don’t have to listen to that gawd-awful drill.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, don’t actually watch my movie either if you are honestly creeped out by the dentist.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Wow, the article about the Gub’ner closing things yesterday was a real cesspool. I wasn’t about to dive into that mess!

4. runningunnin.454
    10:19 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Happy for the guys last night; IQ going at no. 25. And going ahead of Tre Jones…bet J. Bilas fell out of his chair, ha ha.

10:22 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, but Cal had his lottery pick streak broken. EJ should have hung around, but then we probably don’t get Olivier. He is probably an upgrade over EJ.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:21 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I think they have a better handle on things in Europe – over there, they are closing the bars, restaurants and gyms in order to keep the schools open. And most of them are able to muster some type of financial support for those whose jobs were affected. Some of these countries are cautiously optimistic that they may be able to get the numbers low enough to salvage Christmas get-togethers.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:21 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Uhhh, I don’t know about Kentucky, but there are some states and/or locales who ARE sending police to people’s houses. They’ve set up snitch lines man.

10:24 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t seen anything that Beshear has said that indicates that he intends to actively enforce it. In the end, we all need to put on our big boy pants and try to do the common sense things to keep this thing from spreading. It’s the people who want to act like children who are causing most of the problems. Selfishness begets selfishness…

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Chris, so sorry to read your Mom is not doing well; prayers.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Tell that to Newsome, Pritzker, Lightfoot, Cuomo & his bro, Whitmer, Pelosi, Feinstein.

Trivia time: what do they all have in common (besides being Democrats)? You know if you saw my comment on the Beshear article last night.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Thanks RG. She’s doing well considering, if that makes sense.

10:35 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Sorry to hear that your mom is having difficulties, cg – prayers that she is restored to full health quickly.

I didn’t delve too deeply into that thread, but I think you were calling them out for not “walking the walk” consistently. And I agree, that ALL people in leadership need to actually show that leadership and do things the right way.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Thank you! For those who don’t know (I don’t remember if I ever posted), my mom has lung cancer. Again, she says she’s doing well, but still, she’s not young and all. We would appreciate your prayers.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

And yes RCF, all of them have broken edicts, some multiple times (Deblasio also…I forgot him).

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:36 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I like our lady’s coach already!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:39 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

We’ll see about her overall coaching, but she sounds like a great communicator, and that’s a huge part of coaching IMO (of course the next game I coach will be my first!)

10:46 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I have read that she is also a great recruiter. She played for Pat Summit and was also an assistant coach under her, so it sounds like she may have learned from the best.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:37 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Sad to see Matthew Mitchell leaving, but happy that our interim coach is an OCHS gal! Sounds like she might just have the chops to make this a long-term gig. Best of luck to her and the lady Cats!

9. runningunnin.454
    10:45 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Kyra has inherited a great lineup. And, playing at UT, she certainly has the pedigree; Pat Summit disciple.

10:47 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Absolutely! Lots to like about her. I hope she knocks it out of the park – how cool would it be to have a homegrown Kentucky girl having big time success as a coach?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:21 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I hope we can finally break through that ceiling to become one of the elite teams. Women’s bball has always been to top-heavy with only 2 or 3 truly elite teams at a time. All those years we would have a really good season and then go to Storrs (sp?) and just get eaten alive. Ugh.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:21 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

SO top-heavy…

11:23 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, it would be nice for the UConn/ND/Baylor triumvirate to be broken up.

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

South Carolina, too.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:51 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Ryan very easily could have simply picked up a case of the flu shortly before he was vaccinated, before it had a chance to build immunity. But of course he is going to take the knee-jerk reaction and blame the vaccine rather than consider another scientific explanation. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

They shouldn’t talk about the government forcing people to take the vaccine; 4ever’s head will explode, where is he anyway?

11:02 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

He’s still trolling over on the Beshear thread. 😉

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:23 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

We’re anti-vaxxers for multiple reasons, and one is the use of aborted fetal tissue in research.

11:55 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

cg, I assume you guys are also against birth control pills as well. And I respect that, although it can make life busy when kid #7 comes along. 😉 I grew up Catholic, so I can’t talk too much – we had a late start so only 2 kids. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      12:07 pm November 19, 2020 Permalink

We’re not opposed to all forms of birth control, just abortion and abortifacients. I don’t know that all pills are the latter.

12:22 pm November 19, 2020 Permalink

My understanding is that some forms of hormonal BC thin the uterine layer, which can prevent a fertilized egg from implanting. So it you ascribe to the strict definition of human life beginning at the moment of conception, it is effectively an abortion. This is one reason that the Catholic Church advocates the rhythm method over the Pill. Of course, masturbation is a sin in the eyes of some members of the Church. In which case, the human race is doomed. 😀

11. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Some people like to rag on him, but I think Matt is speaking with a lot of wisdom today.

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Eh, I’m going to continue to rag on him, anyway. “I know something but I can’t tell you” KING.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:01 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

The “Research Raccoon” commercials are getting to be almost as ubiquitous (and annoying) as the boner pill commercials.

13. runningunnin.454
    11:12 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I liked Cal’s calls to the former players; Big Nick crying like a baby, ha ha.

14. ClutchCargo
    11:18 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Anybody gotten a shingles vaccine before? I got a wild hair and took the first shot yesterday. Today I feel like I have the flu coming on. Pharmacist where I got it said it isn’t uncommon but to watch it for a couple of days. Feeling like a big, steaming pile of crap right now.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I rarely get sick, so it’s possible that it’s a case of man-flu.

11:21 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

I got it along with the flu shot a few weeks ago. Only thing i experienced was soreness in the shoulder. And that shot hurt! But I have a feeling that it would hurt way less than a case of the shingles.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Is man-flu worse than childbirth? Let’s rile up the ladies, ha ha.

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

It was exactly like a flu shot for me, RCF. Very mild pain/redness where it went in, so no biggie there. And rg, I think the answer to that one depends on whether you ask a man or woman. 🙂

• Laker Cat 18
      11:44 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Shingles? I don’t even have any leaks.

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Better get up there and take a look

• ClutchCargo
      11:51 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

Stay on top of that, LC. You don’t want to get in a bind and have the Rooferee coming to see you.

11:57 am November 19, 2020 Permalink

LC, reminds me of a funny story about my dad many years ago. He called me one day and said “you know, I have shingles”, to which I replied “I thought you got a new roof installed last year!” 😀