KSR Show Thread 10/8: So much to talk about

Mandatory Credit: Katie Stratman-USA TODAY Sports

Oct 3, 2020; Lexington, Kentucky, USA; Kentucky Wildcats mascot, Scratch celebrates after a touchdown in the second half against Mississippi at Kroger Field. Mandatory Credit: Katie Stratman-USA TODAY Sports

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss some breaking basketball news, preview Saturday’s game vs. Mississippi State, and shine the spotlight on Metcalfe County.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

59 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/8: So much to talk about

1. runningunnin.454
    10:16 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

LOL, aren’t flies representative of the demonic entity? Kind of like the white horse with a rider dressed in black traveling east to west. Poor Pence, ha ha.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:20 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

In all the horror movies about that stuff with flies, the victim’s nose starts bleeding.

10:21 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Still not sure why anyone willingly watches a political debate in 2020.

• RealCatsFan
      10:23 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Can we all agree that the fly wone the debate? Might be my write-in candidate. 🙂

Realme, the fly incident made it all worthwhile. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

LakerCat, does pinkeye count?

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Freddie Maggard will get the Andy Griffith reference.

10:30 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I mean, flies and pinkeye (or is he just a zombie?) don’t make it sound more appealing.

2. Realme
    10:20 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure they’re right about Cal’s motives with that video and all, but these 3 are the most dramatic gossip queens. None of my girlfriends have anything on them in that regard.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Another Matt conspiracy, ha ha. Cal is talking about the NBA finals, and AD.

• StillBP
      10:24 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

What’s going on y’all? It’s been a while! I’ve missed the banter…mostly…I don’t miss bickering 🙂 I hope everyone is doing well.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

STILLBP LOVES US AGAIN!!!

10:27 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Hey BP! Can you believe that the Show Thread is the only thing 2020 hasn’t been able to ruin?

• StillBP
      10:27 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

hahaha It wasn’t you all I needed a break from, that’s for sure.

• StillBP
      10:29 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

RM I’m glad the show thread has provided you all with some normalcy. 2020 has definitely been nuts. I’m finally coming up for daylight lol

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Hey StrangerBP, good to hear from you again. Your witty responses have been missed!

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Hey, it’s StillStillBP! 🙂

• StillBP
      12:53 pm October 8, 2020 Permalink

Hey RCF and Clutch! Sorry I’m late getting back on, you prob won’t even see this 🙂

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:22 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

This bonafide ad on 630 WLAP gets on my nerves. I’m going to count how many times this lady says “bonafide” next time. Has to be 15 times.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:25 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t have time to go into my experience seeing Van Halen in concert at the Macon Coliseum (shoutout to Macon Volfan if he’s reading this!). It was October 31, 1980. I remember the date because it was Halloween night and they came out in costume. It was the Women & Children First tour and it.was.AWESOME! It was the real Van Halen. Sorry not sorry Van Hagar fans (I like some Van Hagar, but I actually prefer Sammy’s solo stuff more).

Their opening act was Talas, whose bass player Billy Sheehan later played with solo Roth and Mr. Big. He is a virtuoso on the bass, which I didn’t know at the time…but he was a showman for sure (Eddie actually tried to talk him into joining VH…they would have fired Michael Anthony apparently if he had said yes). He did a lot of finger tapping like EVH, with both hands on top of the frets, kicking all over the stage like he had ants in his pants. Haha. His shoulder strap had little flashing red lights all over it. Very cool. I was right in front of the stage and got a pick with Michael Anthony’s name and the VH symbol on it. My ticket cost all of 6 bucks. Granted, that was forever ago, but that’s about $25 or $26 in today’s money. You could hardly see a local cover band for that now.

What a memory. Thanks for allowing this trip down amnesia lane.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

And BTW, I still can’t hear after that. lol

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I couldn’t hear for several hours after the McCartney concert; if I go to any more, I’m taking my shooting earplugs. Certainly concerts are no country for old men.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Great story cg, thanks for sharing! The VH “Fair Warning” tour was my very first concert. Freedom Hall. I was a freshman, and I rode out there with a couple seniors. One dude met a girl at the concert and left with her, and the one who drove had a bad acid trip and there was no way I was driving home with him. Thankfully I caught a ride with some dudes I kind of knew in a pickup truck. I had to ride in the bed, though, and they had half of the bed iced down with beer. I remember tossing beers out to people in the parking lot as we waited in traffic. Don’t remember much else – took a week for the contact buzz to wear off. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

And, some of my best memories in hs were in the bed of a pickup truck, and…oh never mind.

• Bruce Dickinson
      7:14 pm October 8, 2020 Permalink

I totally agree about Van Halen and Sammy Hagar. Sammy wasn’t bad in Van Halen, but there is really no comparison.

5. Realme
    10:25 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Sigh. No one cares that you are distant cousins with, and don’t actually know, a mediocre country singer that you would otherwise have complete contempt for.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:26 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Did I ever tell you all I’m related to Noah?

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

So, Chris…what exactly is a cubit?

10:36 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Wait! Was that the story Matt was dreading talking about (supposedly)?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:46 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

About 14 inches if I recall correctly. Gopher wood is believed by most to be some sort of cypress.

Did I forget to say I am also related to Adam & Eve? Hopefully through Abel & not that murdering Cain. Haha.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:21 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

It’s funny that he still refers to him “my cousin” instead of actually using his name. It’s a shame he doesn’t call it what it is regardless of blood.

• ClutchCargo
      11:22 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

What I’m wondering is does this bro-country singer cousin and Matt actually even know each other? Maybe that’s been covered and I just missed it.

11:26 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

If I remember correctly, he once said he was somehow related to one of the bro country singers, and that slowly evolved to My Cousin, and they did meet eventually, and communicate some now.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:48 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

If the sec denies Sarr’s waiver, especially considering the current pandemic uncertainty, that will be corruption of Biblical proportions, and I will hate them forever.

10:54 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

It is ridiculous that everyone knows they are less than a year away from just allowing transfers, and currently not calling this a year spent from anyone’s eligibility, but they still act like THIS year, there needs to be a bunch of scrutiny and rule enforcing against a few guys and gals.

• StillBP
      10:54 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

you don’t already hate them forever? I do.

10:58 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I hate the NCAA forever, but didn’t feel a lot of hate for the SEC as an organization before this nonsense.

• runningunnin.454
      11:06 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, BP; most of my hate over the years was spent on the ncaa. Generally I support the sec; but, if this kid can’t play, I will take it as an unforgivable affront.

• StillBP
      12:54 pm October 8, 2020 Permalink

Yeah that’s what I get for halfway paying attention, I was thinking NCAA not SEC. I’m rusty, y’all! LOL

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:50 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I just saw on another post that KSBar has a dish called Chili Gillispie? BCG should so sue. lol

10:55 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Whole menu was kind of funny when it came out.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:01 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t realize that. I need to look it up. I guess it’s like of like Moe’s with the Friends & Seinfeld references in the menu. I’m sure there are plenty that refer to other shows I’ve never watched so I don’t get them.

• ClutchCargo
      11:25 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Is beer an ingredient in Chili Gillispie?

11:30 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha to your joke, but I am willing to bet they put beer cheese in it. They put it in everything I think.

8. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:53 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

The reason that Lloyd Benson line didn’t matter is because it was just that, a line (plus polls have consistently shown over the years that the running mates typically don’t really move the needle one way or the other anyway). There was no substance there.

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

But, it should matter; they are a heart beat from the Presidency. And, the reason that the Benson line didn’t matter was that most of us could remember the JFK Presidency…it was a disaster.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:10 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I agree. It should matter a lot.

9. Realme
    10:57 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Yes, use a scholarship on a new kicker. Poor Chance and Roughalo (RuffaLOW?) can’t get out of their own heads.

10. Realme
    11:07 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Flats AND drums, dummies.

• ClutchCargo
      11:31 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

These guys are into those b-word chicken parts. Don’t expect them to know anything about wings.

11:34 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

All I know is I want some now.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:23 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Well, if you marry a single woman with an adult daughter, and your father marries the daughter, and…oh, forget it.

11:34 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha Ryan was right.

12. ClutchCargo
    11:29 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

The Lighthouse is indeed a destination restaurant in Sulfur Wells. I haven’t actually been there, but I know a lot of people travel long distances to get there.

13. ClutchCargo
    11:44 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

I don’t think the secondary and kickers forgot how to play football just because Dean Hood left. Kicking was shaky all last year, and the secondary may have looked better than they were because of all the rain games that limited other teams’ passing game.

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Just don’t kick; go for two, and go for the td on 4th and goal…problem solved. The problem is the 2ndary…they couldn’t cover me.

• RogerW
      1:30 pm October 8, 2020 Permalink

Anyone with any football k knowledge had to at least think our passing defense last year was largely in part to the horrible weather in several games. Just like run defense looks good when a team plays an air raid type offense.

14. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:52 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

So I’m sitting here in a virtual meeting and the big boss man hasn’t joined yet. Grrr…

11:56 am October 8, 2020 Permalink

Don’t accidentally call him Bossman Fat.