KSR Show Thread 10/3: Turn on that radio!

Good morning, friends and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. It will be hard to follow up yesterday’s “Speak Your Peace” craziness, but Matt, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon are going to try. Tune in to hear the gang break down the latest news as we head towards the bye weekend.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

47 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/3: Turn on that radio!

1. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I wonder if Matt’s Memphis-fan buddy named “Haroon” is the same guy I talked to at the HP call center yesterday. That guy introduced himself as “William”, but I was so tempted to call him out and make him admit that there was no way that “William” was his name. 🙂

2. TPACAT
    10:16 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Based on “Mo’s” real name, you’d think Matt would have enough common sense to realize his nickname likely came from “Muhammad”…

3. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Matt’s friend “Jim”, the grumpy old dude, has to be married to that old lady I saw sitting in her pickup truck blasting Rust Lintball last year. 😀

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Did she have a gun rack in the truck with a Ruger .223 with a 30 round clip? I do haha.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:42 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Add a pump shotgun & a Glock to that and you’re good to go RG.

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

The shotgun is a Wingmaster 870 12G chopped down to 12 in alley sweeper. The Glock is 9 mm. Rock n Roll…hee haw.

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Nah, no gun rack. Just Rush bumper stickers and cigarette smoke pouring out of the windows. 😉

4. Realme
    10:39 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I like Drew’s philosophy for the rest of the season: “Let’s get wacky”. Someone tell the coaches.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Nuthin to lose at this point.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I’m pretty sure that’s Drew’s life philosophy. 😉

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:41 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I just went and read the Penny article. It’s fine if you’re confident, but his main reason for saying it, other than his players’ talent? “The teams like Michigan State, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, all the usual suspects. I’ve studied the film. I know who they are.” Oh, okay, so it isn’t like any of those teams have new players or anything. As Bugs would say, “What a maroon!” Haha.

10:48 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

It seems more like bravado than actual confidence coming from Penny. And exactly what film has he watched of the current UK squad? Whatever, dude.

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Lol, that was my thought. It’s fine to be confident in your own team, but keep other teams’ names out of your mouth Penny. Also, UK has a new team every year, so last year’s film means nothing. Joke’s on you! Lastly, Penny needs to learn to walk before he can run. Memphis didn’t even make the tournament last year. Try actually getting into the tournament, then we’ll talk.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Locker room material for those other teams. Thanks Penny!

11:27 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Now he just has to line up some games against those teams so they even care enough to put that up in the locker room.

11:29 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

If something ever happens and Chris Mack leaves UofLOL… please, basketball gods, let Penny get that job.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:56 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I’m still on this damn phone typing with one finger…argh.howdo people get used to this?

• Realme
      10:59 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, if I wasn’t at work on a computer, I definitely would comment about a thousand times less than I do. That’s a pain.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I absolutely HATE texting. My fingers are too big. Maybe that is why 45 is so proficient at Twitter – tiny little hands. 🙂

11:16 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

There is something about being on the network at work that prevents me from commenting on my computer. It’s not being blocked on my end, and if I retype the same words and try to post again, KSR will tell me it’s a duplicate post, yet it still won’t show up. This all started around the time of the big KSR hack awhile back. Not in the office today, so I can speak freely using whatever device I want. Woo hoo!

11:18 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

RCF, are you saying his hands are in proportion with his brain? I digress.

• Realme
      11:19 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Clutch that happened to me for 2 days and it was terrible.

11:24 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I wonder if StillBP is still in the same situation? It does suck. And sometimes I forget and make what I think is a pretty good post, only to have it not show up because I didn’t send it from my phone. Ugh!

• Realme
      11:28 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I was able to make a second account and post with that (device didn’t matter). You tried that?

11:30 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Nah, I am who I am.

*actually, the idea never occurred to me. lol

• Realme
      11:33 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

If CargoClutch shows up tomorrow, we’ll know you, ha ha.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

There was a comedian who used to poke fun at the size of Trump’s hands – I think he referred to him as a “short fingered vulgarian” one time. And supposedly ever since he would get these random pictures from Trump with his hands circled and a note saying “See? Not so small!”. Hilarious.

• Bluehender
      12:17 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Rg, download SwiftKey, if you’re a good speller, and I know that you are. It’s quite an upgrade from the one finger method. Some people are unbelievably fast with their two thumbs. I am not. But with SwiftKey, I can hold my own with those two thumbers…

• runningunnin.454
      4:41 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Thanks, Bluehender; I’ll check it out. Just got my home computer internet fixed, only took two days, and eight hours.
      My thumbs are huge…like an apes, ha ha. The phone keyboard just doesn’t get it.
      (I gess apes have thumbs)

7. Realme
    11:18 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I hope I would be able to forgive eventually, but no way could I be like that guy and forgive my family member’s murderer. And yes, the judge already looked bad for sentencing someone who was just found to be a murderer lightly, now you hug them? No, bro.

• Realme
      11:18 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

*that quickly.

11:21 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think I could do that, either. But I respect the hell out of him for having compassion for someone who he has every right to hate, and can never do anything to benefit him or his family. That’s a good man right there.

• Realme
      11:24 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Yes, he was amazing. His faith and strength were encouraging to watch.

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. He must be a special person. There’s no way I could forgive something that major that quickly. (I really want to put an “e” in quickly.)

• RealCatsFan
      11:38 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Hate and bitterness can eat you up inside. But it’s the hardest poison to put down and walk away from. In the end, our Lord taught us to hate the sin, not the sinner. The person who can master that must have true inner peace. I hope to get there someday, but I’m a work in progress.

11:49 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Same, RCF. I think “progress” is about the best we can do.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:19 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

She couldn’t find her way home to her own apartment? Must have been drunk…guns and alcohol don’t mix.

9. Realme
    11:27 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Ew, Rick’s hair does look weird. I guess he wants to distract from his corpse face.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:27 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Are they talking about Pitino or Kount K coloring their hair?

• RealCatsFan
      11:27 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Oh,now hear that it’s Ricky Pee.

11:33 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

This comment: “I’ll take “the last thing I expected to see today” for 500 Alex.” LOL!

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Some of the comments are great.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

So how good is UT going to be in BB this year? They lost a lot of scorers.

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Every ounce of my soul wants them to suck hind tit.

11:44 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I think they go back to average this year. Honestly though, I’m just hoping UK’s team is all it is cracked up to be. If so, the rest of the conference falls into their rightful places in line behind us.

11:46 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

I have learned over the last couple of years to stop having expectations. I chugged the Bahamas blue Kool-aid last year and regretted it.