KSR Show Thread 10/29: Georgia, Owen County, food

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will look ahead to Saturday’s game vs. Georgia, discuss their plans for the “Best of” Lexington food contests, and shine the spotlight on Owen County in Northern Kentucky.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

60 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/29: Georgia, Owen County, food

1. Realme
    9:58 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Hi friends. Happy Friday.

Not Friday you say? WRONG! It’s a super Friday, because I have a five day weekend.

😛

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:12 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Ryan, as per usual, has no idea what he’s talking about. It was the BUFFALO Braves, not Boston. Wrong sport. 😉

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:13 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

I think the Braves are now the LA Cllippers. I need our resident encyclopedia/Google machine known as RG to confirm.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Correct a mundo; and, the Boston Braves moved to Milwaukee, and then Atlanta.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Yep, but they should have been the Boston Baked Beans.

• Realme
      10:34 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

I can picture the hilarious mascot.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Or just the Boston Beans. We have the Montgomery Biscuits after all. Delta State is the Fighting Okras.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Come see a Beans game! It’s a GAS!!!

• ClutchCargo
      10:42 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Are the Beans involved in a lot of blowout games? 🙂

3. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Big shoutout to our UK Volleyball team for avenging the football loss to Mizzou. Slow start in enemy territory against an opponent that was hungry for a win against us, but our ladies got it together for the comeback win, 4 sets to 1. They started down big in the first set, mounted a comeback that came up short, and then won a battle royal in the 2nd set that went 35-33 (!), and finally wore Mizzou down in the final two sets 25-20 and 25-18. Mizzou suffered a big loss in the first set when their senior middle hitter went down with a bad injury – looked like and ACL to me. Hopefully it will turn out to be something minor, because I hate seeing any athlete go through that.

It was an awesome match – high level volleyball (#3 vs #9), and well worth staying up late to watch. They will have a rematch tonight. Both teams were probably pretty gassed, so anything can happen.

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Yep, I watched it; Mizzou is pretty good; that 35-33 set just about wore me out!

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

How about UK winning the third set on an overpass on serve receive that landed untouched on the Mizzou side for a kill? 🙂 And yes, the defensive specialist gets credit for a kill in the stat line on that play! 😀

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, kind of anticlimactic. Hope the team got some rest last night.

• ClutchCargo
      10:47 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know much at all about volleyball, but I happened to catch the beginning of that last night. That girl going down and screaming in agony was pretty disturbing. The quiet arena with hardly any spectators makes it even worse. In a weird way, it was also kind of funny that the announcers just kept going on about how heartbreaking it was for the players and fans, while the camera panned the crowd in an effort to not keep watching the injured player. This one guy just kept munching on his potato chips like it was just part of the show, and a lot of other people were on their phones having a good ol time.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:27 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Okay RCF and others who like old cars when there were works of art, here you go. You’re welcome.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

They not there…

Here is another one from Jay Leno’s garage, but before he had his own show. It’s from “My Classic Car” that used to be on cable. I think it may still be repeated on the Speed channel. Anyway, I LOVED that show (partly the host’s hat & stache that gave him a very old school Brit car driving look), and this one is primarily about a turn of the century (19th to 20th) electric car.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Ah yes, the jet-age styling. I saw an old Chrysler at a show recently that was similar to the car in the first ad. Back in the day the kid around the corner had an old New Yorker with the 413 Wedge and the push-button TorqueFlight. He would put it in low and lay down a single black stripe for at least a block.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:36 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

^^^LIKE!!!^^^

• RealCatsFan
      10:37 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

As much as I love the 50’s cars, this is more my speed. And I love the cheesy ads from the 60’s.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:40 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh yeah, muscle cars? Two thumbs up!

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Hell to the yeah, cg! My brother’s best friend lived up the street back in the 70’s and had a 1970 GTX that looked a lot like the car in the ad. 440, but not the six pack. Sadly, he died in a crash in that car in 1978. 🙁

The 440+6 cars are trading hands for hemi-type money. You usually can’t touch an original documented car for less than $100K.

• RealCatsFan
      11:08 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

cg, this one has the ad that you posted, but zoom ahead to the 10:00 mark for a great car and a great song.

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Yep, the Zombies; I think they were still touring a couple of years ago…I saw one complete concert online, and they all have white hair; except for the ones that are bald, ha ha.

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

So if Glen Frey and Don Henley and the boys had become folliclely challenged, would they call themselves the Bald Eagles?

OK, I’ll see myself out now… 😀

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Have you ever heard Santana’s version of the Zombies’ song “She’s Not There”? You’ll never want to hear the original after hearing it. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Yep, that is a smooth version; and here is your award for the Eagles joke,

5. RealCatsFan
    10:30 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Happy 84th birthday to Harold! He sounds a bit tired today, hope all is well.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:35 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Why did they only give John Short like 30 seconds?

• Realme
      10:58 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Matt seems distracted today. He has said a lot of things that don’t make sense or are incomplete sentences. Might have just been on autopilot or something?

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

He’s too busy watching TikTok.

• Realme
      11:06 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha that’s it!

7. ClutchCargo
    10:53 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

For someone who hates TikTok so much, Matt sure talks about it a lot in detail.

• Realme
      10:54 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

He clearly loves it.

8. ClutchCargo
    10:57 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Keeping UGA’s defense off the field is going to be easier said than done. Offense HAS to show up Saturday for us to have a chance.

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Keeping UGA’s offense off the field, that is…

• Realme
      10:59 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

I have no prediction about the end result, but I really think they will show up and play and be mad about last week.

9. ClutchCargo
    11:04 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

RCF, random thought during a commercial break, but I think the Mole Eliminator has actually eliminated the moles in my yard. I got 3 within about a month and have seen no new activity since then. From what I have read, a yard the size of mine would likely only have about 3. Fingers crossed.

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

My house borders a wooded area, so there is an endless supply of moles and other critters. So far I have only seen one skunk in the 19 years I have lived there.

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

But yeah, that Mole Eliminator is very effective. Wish I could find a mouse trap that worked that well.

• ClutchCargo
      11:16 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

The back 1/3 or so of my property is wooded, and there are a lot of tunnels back there. They had come just a few feet into my lawn, and there appeared to be one little spot where they all entered. I just kept putting the Mole Eliminator in that spot and that’s where I caught them all.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Fingers crossed that I have eliminated the critters burrowing under my garage. I trapped 3 groundhogs and a possum, and finally put down 4 bags of Quickrete along the foundation to hopefully seal it off once and for all.

10. Realme
    11:06 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

What the cluck Brian? IDK what this commercial is trying to say, but I like it. Brian doesn’t give a cluck.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:16 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Drag racing! Yeah! Now the boys are talking about something I can get into. And yeah, John Force is a living legend. Helluva nice guy too. I love a guy who gets into his craft with the kind of energy and enthusiasm that John does.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:21 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

I think what that quote says, in effect is that “MJ went to Duke, and is the biggest nerd in the world”.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:27 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

The downfall of Walter McCarty is just… sad. 🙁

• ClutchCargo
      11:34 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

And to self-destruct in such a public way. Yeah, sad. I felt the same way about Winston Bennett.

14. Realme
    11:36 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Can someone please make Matt never sing along with anything? It makes me want to hit him.

• ClutchCargo
      11:37 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

He has overtaken Rex Chapman as my least favorite on air singer among UK sports personalities.

• BobbyBlue
      12:34 pm October 29, 2020 Permalink

Is the Mole Eliminater a trap ?

• Realme
      11:38 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha as soon as Dave Baker introduces Rex I turn it off.

15. Realme
    11:40 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha Billy is so silly, I hope Ryan doesn’t hold back.

16. Realme
    11:42 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Where’s a chicken emoji when one needs it?

17. Realme
    11:49 am October 29, 2020 Permalink

Larkspur does make some nice books.