KSR Show Thread 10/28: Quarterbacks, Oldham County

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss the news that Terry Wilson has missed two practices this week and what it means for the Georgia game, talk some basketball, and shine the spotlight on Oldham County.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

62 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/28: Quarterbacks, Oldham County

1. runningunnin.454
    10:01 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Eddie is hopeful C Rod gets more carries? Okay, who is it then that calls his number? Is there a reason he’s limited…asthma, out of shape, acne?

10:04 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Seriously.
      Do y’all think Terry is really hurt? Seems like every time a qb is struggling and they’re about to put someone else in the #1 spot, the struggling guy is hurt.

• runningunnin.454
      10:09 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Cover story for a covert op? Propaganda? Who knows?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:11 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Very odd reading the notes from the Gran press conference. I’m still trying to read between the lines, but I plan on listening to the conference myself after the show today. Between the C-Rod comment and the injured Terry issue…I don’t know what’s going on. Is this a phantom injury?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:12 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I tell my guys all the time that there is a difference in being “hurt” and “injured.” You can play hurt.

• runningunnin.454
      10:14 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

So, it’s his hand. I really didn’t see anything during the game that made me think he was injured; of course, I was rolling my eyes a lot during that game.

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Part of me is excited to see what Joey can do, and part of me is sad for TW if he is injured again. That is, if he is really injured.

10:56 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I feel sorry for Joey. Even if he is really good, he still has Gran & our receivers to contend with.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Sometimes the pictures on the captcha are very hard to make out – I click them in hopes that it is actually a train. But today there was a very cool picture of a 1968 pro street Camaro, so there’s that.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:34 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I had cars this morning. Some of the trains and buses look alike.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Bicycles and motorcycles can get a little dicey at times. Can I just go ahead and identify as a robot and demand equal rights?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:31 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

The train v. Motorbus is the worst. I guess that app originates in Britain. I’m surprised it doesn’t also say “motorcar”.

3. Realme
    10:35 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

These foods are great, but tasting half a dozen of each item cold doesn’t sound fun.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:37 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Are they talking about only pizza establishments in Lexington? If it was Louisville, I would have to put Impellizari’s at the top of the list. Good stuff!

10:39 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Yes, Lexington. I just sent Brick Oven Pizzeria and Pies and Pints to the text machine. We don’t have any good deep dish, these are the best thinner crust ones I’ve had.

10:40 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Also Goodfellas if fresh.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:41 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Pies and Pints for the win.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:42 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Not pizza, but Hop Cat is an underrated restaurant in LEX.

10:42 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Brick Oven is kind of a hole in the wall, but they use nice quality ingredients. Chop up their toppings too small, but I judge pizza on cheese, sauce & crust in that order.

10:43 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I thought Hop Cat closed.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:51 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Are you serious? I had no idea…haven’t been since before COVID started up.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:52 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I like Apollos in Richmond as far as pizza.

10:53 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I’m not sure, someone said it on the Lexington subreddit. Lexington redditors love to argue with each other about how everyone should or should not be frequenting the restaurants.

10:54 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

We have Apollo’s in Lexington near my housenow, but I’ve never seen it busy or heard anything good about it. Should I try it anyways?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:32 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Pies & Pints is a chain though. We have that here. I’ve heard it’s good pizza.

11:38 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I wasn’t sure if they were or not. Scratch that.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:51 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know where it originated though. Maybe Lexington like Long John Silvers. What’s the other chain that started there? Brain cramp.

11:59 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Fazoli’s? P&P hasn’t been here that long, so I doubt it.

5. Realme
    10:41 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

They just came up with the guidelines, give them a second or two to communicate with the season ticket holders, sheesh.

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

But don’t the season ticket holders have to reply in two days?

10:45 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Matt has Common Fan Savior complex.

10:46 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

IDK, RG I just think he whines too much about this. Mitch has been on the show. So was Peevy. Did they replace him yet?

6. runningunnin.454
    10:54 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

That TB manager is a moron; take out a pitcher that is in the zone. Tiger’s manager used to do that; I kept waiting for him to take out a guy with a perfect game after 7 innings.

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I hope David Bell (Reds’ mgr) was watching so he could see how dumb it looks when a manager takes out a starting pitcher who is cruising along. He does that crap all the time and it usually backfires.

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Kind of reminds me of how we pull out a stud running back when he can’t be stopped – cough cough, Chris Rodriguez.

• ClutchCargo
      11:14 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Couple more reasons I’m glad the WS is over. So Turner is diagnosed with COVID during the game and comes back out on the field to celebrate when it’s over. No way the whole team doesn’t come down with it now.

Also, John Smoltz pointed out every. single. baseball that even touches the dirt is replaced during the game. I guess I had been seeing it, but not realizing the level of stupidity it had reached. That would be bothering me going forward.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t had time to log in until a minute ago because I’m off work. Ha!

I already posted this below before seeing this thread, but I still hate the Dodgers. I didn’t see the game, and the crazy thing about the moronic manager of the Rays is Grady something did the opposite. He left Pedro Martinez in too long and cost the Red Sox against the Yankees that one year. I think Pedro had lobbied to stay in, but he was obviously running out of gas. The Sox fired Grady and they won the whole thing the next year.

Also, the guys really made me hungry with the Joe Bologna’s and smoked meat loaf talk.

• Bluehender
      12:20 pm October 28, 2020 Permalink

He should be fired rg. The manager. He was keeping the ball down the whole game. The guy that came in behind him was sitting those guys up waist high. No one pitches a complete game anymore..it’s baloney.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:02 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I’m sorry, but I still can’t help but laugh every time I hear the Brad Barron senate campaign ad. That thing is so over the top to the point of being ridiculous. And I am getting to the point that I want to run like hell whenever someone proclaims themselves to be a “patriot”.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:10 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

That is just stupid; hope they know better than to put it on a sign.

9. JTHinton
    11:11 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Not sure how much Oldham Co. Sports you all have played, but they get every call from the refs in youth soccer in a way I’ve never seen before. I mean, it’s ridiculous! Club, HS, whatever … they get the calls.

• JTHinton
      11:12 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

And for all this talk about them being an “uppity” County … 100% accurate! I was playing a club soccer game there years ago and one of their players got injured by falling on his wrist. Instead of walking over to the sideline and getting treatment/going to the hospital, they stopped play for FIFTEEN MINUTES while he lay on the ground. an ambulance came and EVERY GAME at the soccer complex had to stop while the ambulance drove to our field (the very back of the complex) to pick this kid up.

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

So, are they the Blue Devils?

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I don’t follow soccer at all, but I do attend a lot of Oldham County volleyball games, and I don’t think they get calls in their favor at all, at least not in general. As far as being the Blue Devils, I would say that soccer in general would lend itself well to the Blue Devils, with all the flopping that goes on. 😉

• ClutchCargo
      11:21 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I wouldn’t judge a whole county by what soccer players do. 😉 I will never understand why a hand or wrist injury makes someone lie on the ground.

• JTHinton
      11:22 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Well, we lost that game, so I’m probably a bit biased!

10. JTHinton
    11:25 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

If Biden wins Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan, but Trump wins Pennsylvania, NE2 and ME2, and all the other states voted the way they did in 2016…it’s a 269-269 Electoral College tie.

• JTHinton
      11:26 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Then the election is thrown to the House, where each state gets one vote based on delegation. Right now, Republicans hold the majority. But the electoral college vote happens AFTER the swearing in. If PA and FL flip blue by Congressional delegation, we have a 25-25 tie.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

What is NE2 and ME2?

• JTHinton
      11:36 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Nebraska and Maine elect based on congressional district, instead of one candidate getting the entire state’s electoral college vote.

11. JTHinton
    11:25 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:28 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

You can say that again! 😉

12. RealCatsFan
    11:25 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I have been living in Oldham County for almost 20 years and have yet to go to Yew Dell Botanical Gardens. But I have been known to show up at Third Turn Brewery around the corner. Third Turn bought part of the Yew Dell property, and has converted some of the old greenhouses into a really cool beer garden, with wisteria vines forming a rooftop over it where it has grown into the framework of the greenhouse.

Westport KY is in Oldham County, and started out being the county seat since it was a popular river port back in the day. It was eventually replaced by LaGrange, which has railroad tracks running down the middle of Main Street.

Tragic story about Trent Diguiro, who was basically assassinated by Shane Ragland. Trent’s father still lives in Oldham County. Ragland is a total POS.

Matt should have mentioned that Louie Dampier lives in Oldham County, and has an overpass named after him.

13. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:26 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

I still hate the Dodgers. I didn’t see the game, and the crazy thing about the moronic manager of the Rays is Grady something did the opposite. He left Pedro Martinez in too long and cost the Red Sox against the Yankees. The Sox fired him and they won the whole thing the next year.

Also, they really made me hungry with the Joe Bologna’s and smoked meat loaf talk.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:41 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

North Oldham is in the part of Oldham County where most of the wealthy folks live. They have the $$$ to raise money for their athletic programs through their boosters. Their football team isn’t very good typically (South Oldham usually gets that title), but their girl’s Volleyball program is very strong – went to the state semifinals last year. They have had ex college coaches running the program for years. Oldham County High School is the original HS in the area and usually has the strongest basketball team of the three.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

That being said, there are still some pretty wealthy people whose kids attend OCHS. My daughter goes to school with a kid whose father shows up at some of the local car shows driving a Lamborghini. And his teen age daughter often shows up driving her own Lambo. He must have something figured out…

11:59 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Yikes, how would you let a high schooler drive a car like that? Hopefully she took a training course.

• runningunnin.454
      12:12 pm October 28, 2020 Permalink

Some people obviously have more money…than brains.

15. Realme
    11:50 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

Explaining that you’re hosting an Ohio State watch party BECAUSE you’re expecting UK to lose doesn’t make it better fool.

16. Realme
    11:56 am October 28, 2020 Permalink

No, don’t focus on fixing the passing game. Try to win.