KSR Show Thread (10/25): It’s a full house

On today’s Kentucky Sports Radio radio show, we have a full house and we’re talkin’ UK football, basketball and whatever else comes up.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

72 Comments for KSR Show Thread (10/25): It’s a full house

1. Rod Crandler
    10:06 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

The comment section that you can hardly ever get too because of the never ending scrolling ads. Good Lord, please fix the website!!!!

• Realme
      10:10 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Install an ad blocker. Only takes a minute and makes the website act like a normal website.

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I literally don’t even know what people are talking about when they reference the scrolling ads. But I always use Adblock wherever I can.

• Realme
      10:16 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

If you don’t have an ad blocker, the website appears to be more ads than content. And if you want to get to the comments, good luck.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:27 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

What ads?

• And use the browser called Adblock on mobile, from the same folks as Adblock Plus. Do NOT use the KSR app.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I am really sick of idiots whining about ads when there is a very simple solution which many of us tell people about all the time.

• Therein lies the problem. Most of them probably don’t see our comments on how to solve the problem because of the ads. Ha!

I don’t understand why you would have this level of obtrusive ads. They either:

1. Drive readers away from the site because they don’t know how to use an ad block extension/app, or a browser that blocks ads by default, or…
      2. They do use an ad blocker/browser.

Both of those mean less ad revenue for KSR. I must be wrong though because they continue to do it. Oh well. *shrugs*

2. Realme
    10:15 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Whoa that’s one of my Twitter friends. Yikes. Never seen him tweet anything awful before…

3. runningunnin.454
    10:18 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

“Stupid thugs. People behaving like that with guns”.
    Hyman Roth, a mobster.

• cats646
      10:25 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Wish that Good Samaritan was able to kill him before he killed that woman in the parking lot. What a terrible story

• ClutchCargo
      10:54 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

And my wife thinks it’s kinda weird that I carry concealed everywhere I can legally do so. In this day and age, it’s not even enough to always be aware of your surroundings without the means to do something about if the sh*t hits the fan.

• I do too Clutch. Also, when I walk into a shopping center/store that says “No Weapons”, guess what I do? My understanding is that in Alabama that does not carry the force of law. They can have you arrested if you refuse to leave. If anyone tells me that I’ll just say “See ya”.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:30 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Same here, I have a CCDW and carry, better safe than sorry.

• ClutchCargo
      11:44 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Unless it’s school property, federal building, etc. they can really only tell you to leave if you disobey the no guns sign. Asking forgiveness is better than asking permission, imho, so I almost never carry openly.

4. Realme
    10:25 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

When pretty much everyone doubts the Cats, it seems to work out well for us. Let’s do this.

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Benny and I love being the underdogs…get fired up. Now Terry (or somebody) needs to step up.

• ClutchCargo
      10:33 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

What ever happened to that flaming sledge hammer Benny was pictured with before the season? I say bring that bad boy back out! I kind of need to see that coming out of the tunnel before the UGA game, at least.

• cats646
      10:34 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

That would be awesome clutch!!!!

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

But then it would be the most UK Football thing ever if he Michael Jacksoned himself and had to miss the actual game to be treated for burns.

• Especially if we beat Mizzou, UGA beat UF, and it was a night game! That would look too cool.

• cats646
      10:48 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Ha! That would be way less awesome

• NOT the Michael Jackson part I mean. lol

• cats646
      10:50 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

It bums me out that it’s not gonna be a night game

• runningunnin.454
      10:56 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Yep, I love night prime time games.

• ClutchCargo
      10:56 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I just don’t think I could handle it being a noon game. At least let it be 3:30 or 4:00.

• Oh man. My innocuous comment was moderated, but I think I know why. I used a word defined as “a card of a suit any of whose cards will win over a card that is not of this suit”, but I used it as a noun, not a person’s name. Haha!

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

The noon games are not the prime games; and, we’ve played our share of them in years past. At least now we are getting recognition.

• What I said was that no game was going to win the night slot over Bama/LSU, so we shouldn’t feel bad. It’s not like the CBS slot is an insult like the 11:00 (CST) slot is looked at.

5. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:37 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I realize how old I am when they play rap or hip hop, sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t get it.

• Same. I can get into a *little* old school rap like MC Hammer, a little Run DMC, and a little Sugar Hill Gang’s Rapper’s Delight, but that’s about it.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I love hip hop, and I’m no spring chicken anymore.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Hah ha, you’re not the only one. I checked out during the disco craze. Only disco song I liked was Jive Talkin. The BG’s would drive over a bridge in Miami, and the tires made a rhythmic sound on the bridge that became the beat and rhythm for the song. I think the bridge was over Biscayne Bay.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:55 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I’m in my 60’s, I could maybe understand if you’re in your 30’s or 40’s, but I grew up in the 60’s so I just can’t wrap my head around it.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:59 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I never heard that about JIve Talkin, running. Is that really true? I loved the BG’s music before the disco era.

• I did like disco. I never heard that about Jive Talkin.

Iamhe, I saw in Wikipedia that Toto did not actually write “Rosanna” about Ms. Arquette. That was a joke they made up and she even played along with it. According to the Wiki anyway. Either way, it’s an awesome tune, and an awesome band.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Yep, that’s true; I heard an interview with Robin, and he talked about that bridge.
      I don’t understand what people like about rap…is it the vulgarity, the violence, or the misogyny.

• RG, were you there blowing up those disco records at Comiskey Park?

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:11 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Chris, I did some checking outside of wikipedia and you’re right, here’s the article I found. https://www.loudersound.com/features/toto-the-story-behind-rosanna

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

No, I wouldn’t have any disco records to blow up.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:13 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I’m with you running about rap, to me it’s offensive.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Don’t get me wrong, the rampant misogyny is an issue for me, but I’m a sucker for the beats. Let’s not pretend that there isn’t vulgarity in other genres though. There are a lot of country, pop, heavy metal, rock, etc. that are vulgar as well, with songs about getting with really young girls, and doing drugs, etc.

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

That disco record destruction was between a double header with the Sox and my Detroit Tigers. The field was damaged, and the Sox had to forfeit the 2nd game. Hah, we’ll take a win any way we can get it.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:18 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Remember when they were burning Beatles records after John said the Beatles were more famous or more popular than Jesus?

• TheAssman
      11:49 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Just reading the posts here from you guys and thought I would slip in a comment…..lamheas, this statement was supposedly the reason John was shot.

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Yes, I remember the Beatles records burnings; but, I didn’t burn mine. John had a habit of popping off without thinking.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:32 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t burn mine either. I’ll bet some if not all those who did wish they had them back.

6. Realme
    11:00 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I don’t “get” the current pop or hip hop, and am perfectly fine with that.

7. J-Dub421
    11:30 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

The only thing more boring that talking about baseball is actually watching it.

• Realme
      11:32 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Ha ha I had no idea the World Series was going on. I bet some of ^ these guys ^ are watching though.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Blasphemy.
      “Take Me Out To the Ball Game”
      “Denny McLain, Denny McLain, We Want You On Our Side”.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

The way you guys feel about rap is how I feel about baseball. To me, baseball is 11 dudes standing around in a field spitting and scratching their junk for 4+ hours in about a million games per season.

• runningunnin.454
      11:46 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Now that’s funny…but there only 9 dudes on a baseball team.

• J-Dub421
      11:48 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

My bad. Shows you how much baseball I watch. To each their own though.

• ClutchCargo
      11:50 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

I’ve been a huge Reds fan since I was a little kid, and that would back in the good old days of the ’70s. I have a hard time sitting through any other teams’ games, though. I literally have no interest at all in this World Series. I bought the NBA League Pass for my son this year, and it gets me through the evenings of no football when I really need to watch some sports.

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Realme, have you watched Bull durham? Hilarious movie about baseball.

• Realme
      12:04 pm October 25, 2018 Permalink

I know what you’re talking about, but haven’t watched it.

8. Realme
    11:39 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

How is Kash possibly going to resist using his club as a club? I’d be in bed on pain meds if I were him. He’s a true badass.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Athletes are a different breed. I swam through quite a few injuries/illnesses back in the day (bronchitis, pneumonia, sprained ankle, broken toe).

9. Realme
    11:40 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Louisville’s news from yesterday seems to be Petrino playing a player this season who was under a rape investigation. Looked like a real report today instead of internet rumor.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Women are second class citizens in this country, so that doesn’t surprise me.

• runningunnin.454
      11:48 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Petrino is on the phone with Urban Liar as we speak…wants to know how to spin it.

• ClutchCargo
      11:51 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Well, if they do find a way to fire him for cause, this would be a great cause.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am October 25, 2018 Permalink

Is that the kid who held a gun up to his girlfriend’s head?

• J-Dub421
      12:00 pm October 25, 2018 Permalink

Yep RCF, the same one.

• Realme
      12:03 pm October 25, 2018 Permalink

Same guy, different woman. Rape reported in August. Played against Boston College.

• ClutchCargo
      12:10 pm October 25, 2018 Permalink

He must be one of those “Louisville Men” Pitno used to talk about.