KSR Show Thread 10/24: Bring on Missouri

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss the latest on Kentucky’s quarterback situation, the Louisville rumors, and the basketball team’s first exhibition on Friday. Can I get a Snell Yeah?

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

50 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/24: Bring on Missouri

1. secrick
    10:08 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Who would have ever thought that Ky would be 6 and 1 and be in an Quarterback contreversay

• runningunnin.454
      10:16 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Coach Hinshaw agreed that this was the plan all along, really…seriously?

• Realme
      10:18 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Time for Terry to step up. I don’t mind them putting this pressure on him, and I don’t mind having some situations where you use a second guy.

• ClutchCargo
      10:20 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, rg, I find that to be a bit of a stretch. But brilliant if true. Not only have they not opened the playbook, but the real depth chart has been kept on lock down. Ha!

• CATandMONKEY
      10:22 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Realme- agree but I can never support those who exist simply to denigrate, ie. CombatMedic, et al. Truly the worst humanity has to offer.

• Realme
      10:26 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, C&M, those idiots are just gross. I am confident that Terry has it in him to take the step.

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Agree, Realme. This is not a building year, it’s time to win every game we can.

• Someone on either this or BB Insider said something about Terry not being the same (running the ball) since he got up gimpy with some knee pain in a game. Can someone refresh my memory? I only vaguely seem to remember that happening.

• Willis Wolf Tattoo
      12:46 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

The play happened against MISS ST.

2. The real key to the game might be whether the zebras will actually call a hold on whichever saps are tasked with trying to block the unblockable Josh Allen.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:33 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Indeed.

Totally agree but I remain less than optimistic regarding the stripes.

• And I meant to say “unlucky saps”. BTW, if those guys aren’t going to call it, I’d hold all day too. I still think about Josh after the Miss. State game: “They couldn’t block me coach!” with Stoops smiling from ear to ear.

I am trying to savor this team. I don’t know when we will ever have the 1-2 punch of Benny & Josh again. Unbelievable.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I was actually amazed earlier in the season that we seemed to be getting at least a fair shake or even the benefit of the terrible officiating that used to work against us. It has started to go back closer to the norm since then, however. We need to get Josh a special jersey that just rips right off when grabbed from behind. His numbers would explode at that point.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for this.

• Oh man, if they still wore the tear-away jerseys from the 70s, the only way for them to stop him then would be either by tackling, horse collaring, or face masking!

BTW, do any of you my age or so remember tear-aways? Bear Bryant would have players stuff an extra jersey in their pants so they didn’t have to leave the field to put on a new one. Then they passed a rule banning that and said players have to leave the field.

• Realme
      10:49 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Are they legal today? I love this idea for Josh.

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Ok, so let’s say they’re not legal anymore (and for the life of me, I don’t understand the purpose of that rule). Just have the equipment guys work on the threads holding it together. “Poorly made” jerseys can’t be illegal, right?

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

If his jersey suddenly ripped off, maybe it would prompt the refs to finally call a few more of the holds.

• I’m 99% sure they banned them. If you can, find some clips on YouTube to watch them being torn. Fascinating to watch.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Lol, Kash would rip his own jersey off just for fun.

3. ClutchCargo
    10:32 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

If anybody sees that I have responded to one of those idiots later in the evening, just keep scrolling, because it’s probably going to be pretty rude and unfiltered. Unlike most social media, there is no going back and deleting the next morning. lol

• Realme
      10:35 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s hard. Would be best if everyone refused to give them attention, they’d go away. But it’s just impossible to let some things they say go.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I try really hard to ignore them and not engage, but sometimes just have to say something.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s even harder when you have enjoyed a glass of bourbon in the evening and then see something terrible they have said about a UK player. 🙂

• There were some dudes making fun of KyKy Tandy last night for misspelling Musketeers and questioning his intelligence. I called them out a bit. As if none of them have made a typo on a text, tweet, etc. Virtual keyboards and autocorrect are the worst sometimes. I still miss my physical keyboard on my old LG ENV Touch.

Autocorrect is my enema

• ClutchCargo
      10:43 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Ha! I see what you did there, cg.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

If you’re committing to a school, you should know how to spell their mascot or at least proofread your post. I feel that there’s a bit of a difference between a random quick tweet, and a tweet announcing your college commitment.

• Question: if he came to UK, how many times a game would we have had to hear announcers joking that his name stands for “KENTUCKY-KENTUCKY!”?

I’m just glad he didn’t go to an SEC school. I never wish a player luck if they’re on our schedule, but I wish him luck unless we play Xavier in March. I also didn’t want to see him possibly go off for 25 or 30 or 40 on us and have the Cal haters & UL trolls posing as UK fans going crazy.

• I got that joke from a work colleague Clutch.

4. Realme
    10:32 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Also, as discussed here yesterday, time for some receivers to step up. I was listening to the FB podcast guys do their 4 player offensive draft, and thinking about who I’d pick, and my mind never went in that direction, except for Bowden of course.

• secrick
      10:42 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

When your 3 of 9 for only 18 yards the receivers don’t really have much of a chance. I don’t know hoe Benny keeps getting all those yards when they know we are not going to throw. Dam he is good.

• J-Dub421
      10:42 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Bowden gets open the most and he’s usually the most reliable pass catcher, but even he dropped 2 passes last Saturday. (They were both right in his hands!) It was frustrating.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

It takes two to complete a pass. I can’t help but think the bad passing and bad receiving are kind of feeding off one another at this point.

5. Realme
    10:41 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Yesterday’s escalator video was scary, but not nearly as bad as the one that was basically eating people (in Japan?) a couple years ago.

6. Iamheasyouarehe
    10:42 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I can’t help thinking they may be thinking of using Bowden QB or at least passing the ball.

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I REALLY hope it hasn’t come to that. Who knows, though. Randall Cobb did a decent job at QB when he had to.

• Iamhe, I saw on Wikipedia that Toto says Rosanna wasn’t really written about Rosanna Arquette. According to that site, it was a joke, and she even played along with the joke. I know anyone can put anything on the Wiki, but I thought that was kind of funny.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:20 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

Why would they write a song about Rosanna and it not be about a band member’s girlfriend named Rosanna. That would be a pretty big coincidence.

7. Realme
    10:44 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Are people going to be angry if we don’t beat Georgia? Because that would be crazy, but some seem to think us winning the East is a foregone conclusion.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I won’t because I don’t expect to beat Georgia. I would like to beat Georgia, but I don’t expect it. We are not a team that needs to be worrying about style points, or how much we won by, etc. Just enjoy the wins. We were so bad for so long. I just want to win and enjoy it.

• ClutchCargo
      10:52 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I can’t lie. I get angry anytime we lose. Especially now that we have gotten a glimpse of how good we can be. And I don’t think it’s a bad thing for the fans to get emotionally invested in this team. If you want to have a good team and passionate fans supporting it, that’s just part of it. But there’s a difference between being angry and acting like a toddler who didn’t get their way.

• Peter Burns is the only SEC Network guy (as far as I can tell) still picking us to win the east. I don’t know if others ever did, but they’re all down on our lack of a passing game, and right now I don’t blame them.

• Exactly Clutch. You can’t expect fans to get emotionally invested in the team and then expect them to not be disappointed when we lose. If I wasn’t emotionally invested in the team, I wouldn’t watch, and I certainly wouldn’t by UK gear (not that I’ve spent that much on it over the years like some, but I have several sweatshirts…I just need another t-shirt and a polo, but I refuse to pay $75+ for a polo).

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m not saying I don’t get disappointed in a loss, I just try to keep it in perspective. Not that long ago we were having 2-10 seasons, so I just don’t understand the constant stream of anger and negativity now that we’re winning.

• ClutchCargo
      11:40 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

IMHO, anger at a loss is ok. Hating life and being rude and annoying to others just because you’re disappointed with the outcome of something that is supposed to distract us from real life problems is not fine. I draw a hard line at bashing the players.

• Realme
      11:50 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I just don’t want to see half the fan base turn on the team if they lose, due to unreasonable expectations going in.

8. secrick
    10:58 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

I.m not really expecting us to beat Miss. but hoping like heck we do. But i am one of those that think we can beat Georgia but will not be mad or disappointed if we don’t.

9. J-Dub421
    11:30 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Chris Paul likes to pretend he’s a nice guy, but I don’t buy it. He straight flopped with NO CONTACT at all and got Boogie tossed from a game because the refs always assume the worst of Boogie (which is undeserved).

10. Realme
    11:37 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

This calling South Carolina about a lottery is so weird, and that’s why I love KSR.

11. J-Dub421
    11:55 am October 24, 2018 Permalink

Kansas should get hammered by the NCAA. Self is on tape arranging payments to players.