KSR Show Thread (10/23): Stoops’ bomb, basketball and Petrino

Today on Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond hit three big topics: (1) Stoops’ bomb on his Monday call-in show; (2) preseason basketball; and (3) is there a storm brewing in Louisville?

It’ll be a good one.

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for KSR Show Thread (10/23): Stoops’ bomb, basketball and Petrino

1. ClutchCargo
    10:01 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Not that I actually believe Petrino would be fired after losing to WF, but I’m pulling for the Cards in this one just in case. 🙂

• Realme
      10:05 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

How could they ever find the money to end his contract at this point?

• runningunnin.454
      10:06 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

They can’t afford the 13.7 million price tag.

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

A private detective could surely dig up enough dirt to fire him for cause and would cost a lot less than $13.7 million, though. I’m just really enjoying watching that sinking ship, and I don’t want to see it end.

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I think the last time I was in Florida the KatHo scandal broke. If another big scandal erupts I guess I should just retire and move down here. 🙂

• CATandMONKEY
      10:57 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Not to mention that UofL would also have to likely cover a significant buyout for whomever they bring on board.

• Realme
      11:15 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, it sounds like Louisville may have done just that. Or people are making things up online.

• zoupman
      11:29 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Steal it from a foundation that was never suppose to be used for athletics. That’s what they have done in past, yet students see a maximum increase in tuition every year. Criminal.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:37 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

If they get rid of Petrino for cause they’ll likely get Jeff Brohm, I don’t want to see that happen after Purdue destroyed Ohio State.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:12 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Are musical chairs quarterbacks a recipe for disaster?

• Realme
      10:14 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Gotta do something to get the offensive flow we lost in the 2nd half of Carolina back.

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I really don’t think so. Spurrier used to do it all the time at Florida. But usually the first guy went to the bench never to be seen again.

• BluKudzu
      12:05 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

If there ever was a team made for trying out reserves, Mizzou would be it. They put up impressive numbers against a non power 5 opponent, yet they still gave up 35 points. That is a lot my friends.
      Memphis is no defensive juggernaut either, they are not a team someone beats by 28 points and creates a major worry for the next team.
      Will they score, yes. I also believe UK will score a lot too.
      We are 7 point dogs to this team, and I do not know how.
      Mizzou is one of the lowest rated teams in the SEC power standings and that all may change drastically after this weekend.
      This and the directional school on the schedule should be the last two teams we goof around with the QB situation, if at all.
      Hope we do not give up any pick 6s, because those are the scores that will beat us.
      Personally, I am more concerned about our kicking situation. Fix that, we are undefeated.

• BluejayK
      6:43 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

I googled Ron Starr, and it says he passed away in 2017.. So what was that call all about? Anyone else know?

3. Realme
    10:19 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Okay, throw out a different qb every possession to confuse the other team, but just keep feeding Benny.

• cats646
      10:20 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

That would be kinda cool to watch.

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

You know, Realme, I think that’s how it is going to play out if they really do play multiple QB’s. The running game is our bread and butter, no matter what.

4. cats646
    10:21 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I hope so much that Terry comes out and shuts up all of the Combatmedics of the world. But if not I’m excited to see what Hoak and Clark can do.

• Realme
      10:26 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Agreed.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:32 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Agreed.
      Personally want to see the Wildcat with Wilson Hoak and Snell all lined up.
      Use Terry more as an RB.

I Know…I know.

• cats646
      10:37 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Id be all for that! And what happened to Bowden in the wildcat. I loved that last year

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I hope Terry gets it together, but that may not happen this season. Clark could be a poor man’s Tebow, and I would definitely take that. Hoak’s parents may have hurt his chances for much playing time. I know Clark’s dad ran his mouth awhile back, too.

• runningunnin.454
      10:42 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

For some reason, we won’t use 2 back sets.

• Realme
      10:43 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Seems like Clark got in the game (for a second) right after his Dad complained. Now Stoops says Gunnar will probably play right after his Dad complains. Maybe he isn’t bothered by loud parents.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Ron Artest / aka Meta World Peace. Whatever happened to that dude? Did we send him over to North Korea or something?

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I think he’s a coach in the G League.

• ukbradstith
      12:21 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

He was playing in the BIG3 league last I checked.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:16 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

I wonder if there is any correlation between the fans who want Williams replaced at qb and the fans who wanted UK to hire Bobby Petrino.

• runningunnin.454
      11:20 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Mental illness?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:27 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Guaranteed the Venn diagram would be two nearly concentric circles.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:20 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Very sad news for my daughters’ high school volleyball team. We received word yesterday that the Oldham Country High School head volleyball coach passed away suddenly over the weekend. We are in shock. He had been the coach for 7 years. Prayers for his family.

• Realme
      11:28 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Oh no, how sad.

8. TPACAT
    11:40 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Maybe the boys, instead of focusing on the walking distance, should focus on the fact that the walkers are basically saying they’re going to kick the door down to our metaphorical house when they get here…

• Realme
      11:46 am October 23, 2018 Permalink

Plenty of coverage of that aspect of things out there. The potential ability of all those human bodies to even complete the trek is an interesting tangent for the guys to take.

9. TPACAT
    12:00 pm October 23, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, there generally are many interesting storylines leading up to the commission of a crime…