KSR Show Thread 10/23: Live from Bardstown!

Matt Jones and the KSR crew are LIVE from Bardstown with plenty to discuss.

Starting at 10 a.m. ET, the gang will discuss the UK basketball and football teams earning big commitments Thursday evening, Kroger’s KSR Game of the Week between Bardstown and Elizabethtown, and much, much more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

91 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/23: Live from Bardstown!

1. Realme
    9:58 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Speaking of Bardstown… did they ever say whether or not those remains were Crystal Rogers?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:10 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Better be careful in fishy Bardstown…The most shady place in the state of Kentucky. Bardstown gonna get drilled tonight. They both have two of the weakest schedules in the state right now.

10:16 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Seems like a really great town except for all the unsolved murders and corruption.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:19 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

At least they have the bourbon to drown out their problems.

10:23 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know what ever happened with those remains. Maybe still doing some kind of testing. I have mixed feelings about Bardstown. It’s nice and sketchy at the same time.

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Visiting My Old Kentucky Home is a nice excursion. My parents took me there when I was a kid, and I played the old piano…which was evidently frowned upon. I told them, hey this thing is really out of tune.

10:38 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I thought when the FBI was getting involved that things would start moving along with that investigation, but it has been at least 2 months and nothing, zip, nada. That boyfriend of hers must have some major dirt on somebody really high up, is all I can say. If this ever gets solved, there are going to be a couple of movies made about it.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:09 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

To quote Julius Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon , “The die is cast”. Skyy Clark alluding to the former Kentucky players in the NBA bubble and the playoffs.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:16 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

So last night I double-checked the UK game time on the CBS Sports app, and it was gone. It scared me because I thought that meant the game was postponed or something due to Covid. However, I went to KSR and saw nothing about that, and it was listed on the ESPN app. Still not on the CBS app this morning. Weird. I know it was on there before because I had already checked it a couple days ago. I like it because of the layout and such.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:18 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I only use the ESPN app, but sometimes it doesn’t pull up the scores very quickly through Verizon…have to go in and out of it a few times to get it to show anything. I may try CBS if it’s reliable.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:22 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

It’s my go to since I like the layout. However, Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg must not want us to know about UK sports. Heehee.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:32 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Or maybe it’s the same terrorists that took down KSR’s site that one time.

10:40 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Those cutthroat French terrorists? Maybe Olivier can protect us now.

10:45 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Or maybe Olivier is a mole for the Frenchies. 🙂

• JTHinton
      11:55 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

CG, I’ve always used bleacher report and it works like a charm every time I use it. Trying to stay off the WorldwideLeader unless I’m watching a game!

4. ClutchCargo
    10:29 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

You don’t get credit for being right when you pick UT to win but say UK could win.

10:31 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

🙄

5. Realme
    10:30 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

What a liar. Matt said like 40 times he picked Tennessee because he can’t pick UK until they actually do it. Now he says he picked Kentucky.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:32 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

FIGHTIN’ WORDS!!!

10:35 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

😡

6. Realme
    10:41 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Has anyone heard how much longer Smoke is expected to be out?

10:43 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Haven’t heard anything, and I doubt that we will until he appears on the depth chart. Glad we have some capable backs to fill in for him. Can they put him in a flak jacket or something?

7. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Anybody watch the debate? It was actually kind of like a real debate! The lady who moderated it was awesome – even trump complimented her after it was over.

So I had one tequila shot apiece for Trump saying “beautiful” and Biden saying “malarkey”. 😉

10:47 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

You already know I didn’t. Looking forward to Shannon’s score card. Might help me decide my vote, lol.

10:49 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I sat this one out. Had better options, like the Giants vs Eagles and episode 3 of Haunting of Bly Manor.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Be dangerous to take a shot every time they smirked or made a funny face. I like that Matt thought it would be bad for his man to be able to talk uninterrupted for two minutes…more likely to have a brain fart, put his foot in his mouth, more apt to say something stupid…but, that’s his man, ha ha. Actually, I though they both did well; just some glaring failures to elaborate how they plan to achieve their goals. Biden is going to stop Covid cold? OK, how?

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Giants and Eagles? Really? At least it was close, I guess.

10:58 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Giants and Eagles just to show how little I care about watching a “debate.” I would rather watch monkeys throw their poop at each other. The tv show is actually a much better option and is a good show.

10:58 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

The one clip I heard, RG, was Biden saying he will have a plan to stop Covid. Okay, man, go ahead and make that plan now, isn’t the debate a perfect time to share that plan? What have you been doing all year while hoping to be President soon?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:01 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I saw the clip where the Giants QB ran out of gas 25 or 30 yards out. At least he wasn’t throwing up peace signs. And I’m glad Jamin Davis didn’t run out of gas until he was at the 5 or 10 and managed to rumble & stumble in for the score.

11:08 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

You know how Jamin turned that into a nice flip into the endzone? I saw an elderly man do that on the sidewalk once. He tripped, Oh No!, went smoothly into a somersault and popped back up.

11:14 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

This may just be the long-time UK football fan in me, but I was 100% sure Jamin was going to get flagged for doing that flip into the end zone.

11:14 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Realme, I will be the old man who does a not so graceful faceplant.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:15 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I missed it for some football obligations last night…but I plan on listening to it today after the show is over. I’m genuinely still torn. I don’t understand folks who think there is no one out there who should be torn. There are things about Trump I don’t like, obviously. But there are things about Trump I think he’s good at and would be better than Biden at.

11:15 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

BTW, Realme, you know how you can tell if you’re old? If you fall like that and people run up to see if you’re okay, you’re old. If they point and laugh, you’re not old.

11:21 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

We should all learn that trick. I was too far away to help, and was sure he was about to break his face.

Clutch, what does it mean if they laugh and try to help?

11:23 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Speaking of old men on sidewalks. I’m on my lunchtime walk yesterday, about to go past a particularly far gone looking homeless dude, when he drops his pants and loosey whiteys to take a pee right out in plain sight. I think I have ptsd.

11:34 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

If they laugh and try to help, I think it means you are young and possibly hurt.

I was pretty sure I had found a dead homeless person once in Louisville. Just lying face down in an alley. I went over and kicked the bottom of his feet gently to see if he would react. Turns out he was just super intoxicated.

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha Rm, “Don’t look Ethel, too late, she been flashed. Ray Stevens.

11:50 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

What if you are an old guy and you take a pee out in public and everybody points and laughs? 😉

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:50 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, I thought the same thing about the flip. It would have been so OLD UK football if he had gotten flagged and UT got a big run back on the kickoff.

11:51 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, maybe he was playing the Presidential Debate Drinking Game.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:44 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Fire and excitement only get you so far; then, it comes down to fundamentals and execution. Missouri is giving up 38 points/game, and UT whipped them big time.

10:47 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Yep, give me fundamentals and execution every time. Fire and excitement will maybe get you through a couple of quarters, then what?

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

That said, we HAVE to win this game with Georgia, Alabama, and Florida coming up.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:02 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, it stinks that we didn’t get Georgia off that loss to Bama. Although they may have come out angry and spitting fire.

9. Laker Cat 18
    10:46 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

The Daniel Jones’ run last night was the New York Giants year summed up into one play.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:04 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

The radio ads for the Libertarian guy, Brad Baronn are pretty hilarious, IMO. I love that he puts in the plug that his wife works at the Corvette plant (‘Murica!!), and the screaming eagle sound effect at the end is both perfect and over the top. (Someone needs to tell him that bald eagles do not scream like that. In fact, the sound they make is kind of disappointing, really. 🙂 )

11:06 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Is he the one the McGrath Campaign is funding to try and siphon off Turtle votes?

11:09 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

And I actually agree with several of his stances on the issues that he has on his site. Not all of them, but some of them. I just got a kick out of his ad spot.

11:11 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Realme, he is a Libertarian, so he is probably more likely to court right-leaning voters who want an alternative to the turtle rather than left-leaning voters. Was not aware that the McGrath campaign was funding his campaign. Interesting.

11:11 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I often throw my vote away on libertarians because I hate the real choices too much.

11:11 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Twitter told me that, so must be true. 🙂

11:12 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I like his ideas about regenerative and organic farming. We are going to need a lot of creative solutions like that in the future.

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

How about the McGrath ad with the guy saying “I’m voting for Trump; but, it’s time for Mitch to go”. Wow, throwing the party leader under the bus much? How does that go over?

11:16 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

McGrath started out early on trying to court some of the Trump voters. Her early ads were saying that Mitch was blocking a lot of Trump’s policies from being implemented. Doubt if it worked.

11:16 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I like the McGrath one where they’re like “he didn’t even fix Obamacare”. Um aren’t you supposed to be defending it? And there’s a new one I saw where McGrath took a page out of Trumps’ playbook and pretended that she loves the Bible.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:23 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I’m not sold that I will not vote for Barron. He has a good shot at my vote to be honest.

11:26 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

It always makes me suspicious when a politician wannabe tries so hard to appeal to the crowd that would typically vote for their opponent.

11. Realme
    11:14 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Do not listen to them about the dinner train. Super lame. Haven’t tried the one out of Lexington, but the one out of Bardstown is not scenic, it’s all back yards and backs of Breweries, and some too close up trees to see anything.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:55 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I would love to ride the scenic trains out west I’ve seen on TV. There’s one in Colorado that would be unreal, Realme. Haha. It’s in the Rockies and I hope to see them one day. It’s always been a dream for me. There’s also one in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I’ve been there but didn’t get to ride the train.

12. Laker Cat 18
    11:19 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I’m looking forward to the US Senate debate on Monday on KET. To my knowledge, McConnell still hasn’t accepted the invitation. Only McGrath and Barron have accepted and will participate as of now. I will tell you this. If McConnell doesn’t debate, I will NOT vote for him. You have to have balls to do that job…refusing to debate is a no-ball move. Got to have the nuggets to do that job.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

True…weasely; is that a word?

11:39 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Do turtles have balls?

11:40 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Sometimes it can be hard to tell, depending on how cold the water is.

11:48 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

OF COURSE the turtle is going to claim that he is in perfect health. To admit that he has health issues right before an election might affect the results. Better to drop dead AFTER the election!

• Laker Cat 18
      11:56 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

It’s not looking like our turtle has balls.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:57 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

I’m not for McGrath, but I agree that Mitch should show up. If he doesn’t it’s no different than Hidin’ Biden putting a lid on his campaign almost every day and staying in his basement.

• JTHinton
      11:58 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

To be fair, he did participate in a debate 2 weeks ago on WKYT. I have a feeling he’s pretty busy with his work in the senate, at the moment!

There were some pics of him that came out this week that may have shown health issues. Severe bruising on his hands and arm … sure hope he is okay!

13. ClutchCargo
    11:22 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Jerry Bruckheimer and his wife have a farm in Bloomfield and she owns about half the town, seemingly. I think she is from Louisville originally.

14. Laker Cat 18
    11:26 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Anti-Trump rappers finding out about Biden’s proposed tax plan is the funniest thing so far about 2020. Ice Cube and 50 Cent are the two biggest floppers. 50 Cent was quotes as saying, “I don’t want to be 20 Cent.”

11:40 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Hearing multimillionaires whining about their taxes going up has me looking for my itty bitty violin to play for them.

• JTHinton
      11:59 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

RCF, I feel the same way ab celebrities and athletes who act like one politician is ruining their life. Like, y’all have it MADE! Get real!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:58 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

He’s going to raise middle class taxes too though.

• JTHinton
      12:03 pm October 23, 2020 Permalink

Cg, it’s astonishing to me how few people are even asking about Biden/Harris’ policy. It should be well-known that they intend to raise taxes on everyone, and that’s an indictment on the Trump campaign for failing to make everyone aware of this.

At the very end of the debate, trump got Biden to admit he wanted the end of the USA oil industry. That could cost Biden , big time

15. runningunnin.454
    11:41 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Neil Armstrong passed away several years ago. Sheesh.

16. ClutchCargo
    11:44 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

If Bardstown (pronounced Barge Town if you’re a local) beats E’town, Matt will totally say he picked Bardstown.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:48 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

E-town will win and they should win big.

11:50 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Agree that they should.

17. Laker Cat 18
    11:46 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Bowling Green didn’t play Warren East. They lost to South Warren 10-7.

18. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:48 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

THESE KIDS AND THEIR MUSIC THESE DAYS!!!

I’m shaking my fist at the cloud now. Haha.

19. runningunnin.454
    11:48 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, Matt is 1-5; don’t think Vegas will be calling.

11:51 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Actually, he’s reliably wrong, so just go with the one he picks to lose. Ha!

• Laker Cat 18
      11:55 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

Well there goes the credibility of the Free Money Podcast…

• JTHinton
      12:00 pm October 23, 2020 Permalink

If you’re looking for accuracy/actual sports, Aaron Torres is the guy to check out.

If you want goofballs to embarrass themselves, check out the KSR radio show!

20. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

STD’s presidential debate scorecard was worth the wait. 🙂

21. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

And the main argument against fracking is not really the threat of earthquakes, but the toxic waste produced as a byproduct.

11:59 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

You’d think someone who wanted to run for Senate as democrat would know that.

22. Laker Cat 18
    11:54 am October 23, 2020 Permalink

So they frack the hell out of it in Pennsylvania. That sounds kinky.