KSR Show Thread 10/11: Preparing for the Madness at Kentucky Branded

It’s a Party! It’s a Party! It’s a Party…at Kentucky Branded.

Matt Jones, Ryan, Lemond and Drew Franklin are preparing the Big Blue Nation for Big Blue Madness and the Kentucky-Arkansas game by giving away tickets to each event. Just go to the Kentucky Branded store near Fayette Mall for your chance to win. If you can’t make it, you’re still in store for two entertaining hours of radio.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

64 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/11: Preparing for the Madness at Kentucky Branded

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:53 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Respect my decision. No interviews please.

• Realme
      10:00 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Okay, just let us know when you decide to announce the announcement about your next “commitment”.

• runningunnin.454
      10:01 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Could we just have a quick word? Are you going to reclassify? Do you think you’ll be a one&done? Where does momma want you to go? Are you really considering the vampyre of college ball?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:08 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I have smaller dreams because I work at an NAIA school. lol

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Do you have an inside track on volleyball scholarships at said NAIA school? 😉

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:09 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Nope. Ha. We have a vball team, but I don’t know how that works at this level. We have a football team, but the schollies are very limited. It’s 24 or something, and split up among the players. It’s what some call a “Pay to Play” model.

• RealCatsFan
      11:25 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Pretty sure in volleyball NAIA operates much like Division II – they get X number of schollies that they can divide up however they want. Most of the money goes to the taller offensive players – hitters and then setters. The smaller defensive players like my girls don’t get a lot of love – they are usually the last ones recruited and often don’t get in on the money. 🙁

Div I is a headcount sport and gets 12 schollies, that I believe cannot be divided up. Again, the tall girls get the money first. If a shorter player is really good (read – libero), they usually get scholly money too. Some of the other defensive specialists dont’ get rides.

I probably should have spiked my kids’ formula with HGH back in the day. 🙂

2. runningunnin.454
    10:12 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I would rather chew glass than mess with a jigsaw puzzle; does he also cross stitch?

3. Realme
    10:18 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I hope Matt gets in trouble with his girlfriend for his mockery of Drew wanting to bond with his fiancee.

• Realme
      10:19 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

When Spouse and I were dating, we went through a 3d puzzle phase, now that I think about it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I bought one of those when it first came out because it was a really cool looking medieval castle, then opened it, and it seemed WAY too complicated and I never did it. I’m still working on my patience virtue.

• Realme
      10:31 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

We did a clock and a castle, but the roof of the Taj Mahal was impossible. Should have looked for one of those for our recent anniversary.

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m hearing Stephen Foster’s “Old Folks at Home” softly playing,
      “Way Down Upon the Suwannee River…..” Hee Haw.

• Realme
      10:49 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I bet if your wife wanted you to, you’d try it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:55 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Realme, if you’re talking to me, she probably has less patience for that than I do. Haha. She knew a couple who LOVES them, so I gave it to them.

• Realme
      11:05 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

That was for puzzle hater RG. 🙂

• TomKat9698
      11:21 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

If a preacher says that they don’t believe in the resurrection, then they’re a false prophet! That’s one church that i wouldn’t attend. A friend of mine councils a lot of pastors and said that some don’t believe in Christ, just getting a paycheck!!!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:06 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Oh, *laughs*. RG’s rapier wit is in rare form today, and aimed squarely at old folks mostly.

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha ha, I’m feeling so very, very, very young. Thanks, old folks. And, my wife would be climbing the walls before the box is opened.

4. Realme
    10:22 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Thank goodness Tom didn’t take his daughter to Kansas for their madness.

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Can we borrow the huge Snoopy balloon from the Macy’s Parade?

• RealCatsFan
      11:05 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Can we at least get someone in the crowd to dress up as Snoopy?

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:05 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Random thoughts on yesterday’s ST that I mostly missed:

1) THANKS guys for reminding me of the UGA interception that likely would have been a UK TD that had bounced off Badet’s hands. Ugh.

2) Someone mentioned “Mayhem” from Allstate: a young couple from church came to our Trunk or Treat one year as Flo and Mayhem, and dressed their little tyke as the Geico gecko. Awesome!

3) I didn’t hear the call about Christians supposedly believing in ghosts, which is not true in my case, but I remember something interesting from college. My English Comp teacher, who also was a preacher, told us that they very much believe in ghosts in The Bard’s days [we had to read Hamlet or something…I don’t remember…I only read the Cliff’s Notes 🙂 ], hence the references to such in the play we had to read. IMO that may very well be a reason the KJV translators used “Holy Ghost” instead of “Holy Spirit”, but I haven’t really looked into it.

Realme, I believe Jesus was bodily resurrected, I know of a preacher who asked another “Do you believe in the resurrection?” “Yes.” “Do you believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus?” “No.” So, there is some disagreement even in “Christendom”.

• Realme
      11:13 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I would argue it isn’t a resurrection any other way.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:43 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

6. runningunnin.454
    11:07 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

That’s all nonsense; all the freshmen BB players’ pictures have been on ksr many times; and, I saw Keion Brooks play in the hs national championship a couple of games…don’t sleep on him, people will know him very quickly.

• Realme
      11:12 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Thank you. If you really haven’t seen them yet, do a quick google. They’re everywhere.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

This is why I get annoyed with people who whinge about one-and-done players and say they “don’t get to know the players like back in the good old days because they don’t stay long enough.” The players are way more accessible now because of social media. If you don’t get to know the players and their personalities now, that’s on you.

• Realme
      11:17 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I was just telling that Eeyore yesterday.

7. J-Dub421
    11:13 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Ouch, bow before the wrath of Amanda Lemond.

• Realme
      11:14 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I mean, Matt is gleefully trying to get her pissed off (at Ryan). I feel bad for Ryan in all regards.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

It was some entertaining radio though.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I have to wonder how much of that is her playing to the radio audience. She is going to get that pissed off only so many times in real life before Ryan has to decide between her and KSR hijinks.

• 206Bones
      5:42 pm October 11, 2019 Permalink

I never feel bad for a baby-butt-kisser.
      Speaking of Ryan

8. ClutchCargo
    11:14 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Matt, your cousin’s first cousin is definitely related to you. lol

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

They’d be a second cousin, once removed. (I think.)

• ClutchCargo
      11:21 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Depends on what type of cousin the first one is, but could be. His second cousin once removed would be his second cousin’s kid, or vice versa.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I always get confuse with the whole “once removed” stuff.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

In Arkingsaw and N Carolina, they’re called spouses.

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Once, twice, etc. removed just refers to the difference in generation. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. cousins, the number refers to the number of generations from their common grandparents. Years and years of frustration with my relatives just calling everyone 1st or 2nd cousins when it;s something else entirely pushed me to read up on this stuff. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Uncle brother and Auntie Mommy, RG?

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Snicker, guffaw.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:44 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

“I’m My Own Grandpa!”

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

And, chris wins a 5,000 piece puzzle.

• bouzoukiman
      11:47 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

9. Realme
    11:18 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I read that player’s text thread this morning. He sounds so let down.

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

He should be. His coach is tanking this season and he’s out of eligibility after this. I’d be irate.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:19 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

The Houston coach should get his walking papers…outrageous.

• J-Dub421
      11:28 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

If I were one of the seniors, I’d be demanding an immediate transfer with immediate eligibility. The NCAA should let anyone from that team transfer who wants to transfer and give them their year of eligibility back. Holgerson’s conduct is inexcusable.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:40 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

S Car’s secondary was bad; if we don’t get it together, we’ll be lucky to get to Shreveport.

12. J-Dub421
    11:41 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Time for a hog roast! Fire up your smoker CC!

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

On it! haha Maybe not a whole hog, but definitely some hog parts.

• runningunnin.454
      11:45 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Yum, don’t make me hungry.

• ClutchCargo
      11:50 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Along those same lines… if any of you find yourselves in Richmond and hungry for some good Texas-style bbq, check out Straight From Texas. It’s a little family owned hole in the wall, but hands down the best restaurant brisket I have had this side of Texas. I have no financial interest in this business, just a place I found when I was passing through recently.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Yum!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:56 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

If you haven’t tried it, and can get it, try Conecuh Sausage made in Evergreen, AL. It’s great stuff. The plant is right by the interstate and I used to roll my windows down to smell the smoke I could see wafting in a huge cloud across the highway. That was when I used to travel for my job to Mobile (and other places).

• ClutchCargo
      11:59 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Definitely, cg! There is a seafood shop in my town that is actually based in Mobile, AL and they bring up truckloads of stuff from their fishing boat every week. They bring Conecuh sausage, too, and that is the only sausage I use in my shrimp boils. Dang, I’m hungry now.

13. ClutchCargo
    11:47 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

Think bigger, Matt. The real money from players’ likeness would be stuff like having their names used in video games, etc. That’s also why I think that KY being a small state isn’t that big a deal, at least for basketball, since UK is still a very high profile basketball program.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

You can tell that Ryan’s affection for Jared is deep and genuine. Tough loss for him and for all of BBN. I hope we win tomorrow just for that.

15. J-Dub421
    11:53 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

I’m not crying. You’re crying!

16. RealCatsFan
    11:57 am October 11, 2019 Permalink

They are having a big car show at Keeneland the morning before the game. Thinking about heading up for both, but not sure if I can swing tickets for the game.

• Realme
      12:01 pm October 11, 2019 Permalink

There’s lots of tickets I think. I hope it ends up being a big crowd for a special celebration of Jared, but so far sales haven’t been great, from what I’ve heard.