KSR Show Thread 10/10: Back in studio

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Lexington and Louisville studios. Tune in to hear Matt, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon preview a big weekend in the Bluegrass, which includes Madness, UK vs. Arkansas, and Keeneland.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

49 Comments for KSR Show Thread 10/10: Back in studio

1. Realme
    10:17 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m surprised people enjoy trivia, not my thing, but especially Matt questions with all the qualifiers and asides would drive me nuts.

• secrick
      10:22 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

So you don’t want to guess the last time Ky beat Ga.?

• Realme
      10:28 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Are you saying there’s a streak? I don’t personally remember the last GA win, but surely we’ve beat them in the last 15.

10:33 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Pretty sure it was back when Matt Stafford was the QB, at CWS. That was the last win over UGA that I attended, anyway.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I don’t remember when, but we’ve beaten Georgia in the last 10 years or so.

• Realme
      11:17 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I guess Rick isn’t going to tell us, so I looked it up. According to winsipedia it was 2009. So we’ll hit a decade this year, barring a game of the ages. 🙁

11:31 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

And we were one fluke INT – happening in the most UK Football way possible – from beating them on our field just a couple of years ago.

• J-Dub421
      11:48 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Ah yes, the pass Jeff Badet dropped that bounced off his leg right into the hands of a Georgia player.

11:55 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Badet actually had both hands on it, but bobbled it right into the hands of the defender who was chasing him from behind. Ended up being a 10 point swing and the difference between winning and losing. I rarely say that one play makes or breaks a football game, but that was going to be a UK TD to almost certainly seal the win.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:22 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Say, is espn going to show every Pelicans game to showcase their favorite player in all the land?

• Realme
      10:25 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I was impressed yesterday, when Matt was reading some sort of top bball players of the decade list. They actually let AD be rated over Williamson. Must not have been an ESPN list.

10:37 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Another reason I’m glad I got the NBA League Pass. Watch all the local broadcasts and skip the ESPN/ZW love-fest.

3. Realme
    10:27 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Poor Sawyer. Poor that guy that came here to repeatedly order us not to criticize Sawyer. Not really a fair list.

4. UKRox
    11:15 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

What commercial were Matt and Ryan just talking about that his mom wouldn’t like?

• cats646
      11:16 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

A manscaping commercial. I haven’t heard it

5. RealCatsFan
    11:20 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I’ve kind of slid into Ryan’s camp in regards to movies. There is so much depressing news and senseless violence in the world already, that I really have no desire anymore to watch something with a lot of gore and violence. I still like a good drama, or suspense thriller, or even a horror movie, but you can convey what is happening perfectly fine and still get the full dramatic effect without portraying someone’s brains splattering all over the place in technicolor. I still like a good comedy over anything, and there hasn’t been a ton of notable movies in this genre in a while. Let’s just say I like to laugh. Keeps you young.

• J-Dub421
      11:28 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Same, my hubby and I watch a fair amount of sitcoms on TV. I got really sick of cop dramas, doctor dramas, and lawyer dramas which seem to make up a huge chunk of TV in recent years. For more recent movies, try Good Boys. It was funny, sweet, and light hearted.

11:38 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

11:42 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Mrs. TT, can I get a get out of moderation jail free card?

11:43 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Cool! Now, maybe I can say the following: “I can see that, but I do like really dark, edgy movies. Either way, it’s an escape from real life stuff. Most of the time, the violence isn’t even realistic enough to lump it in with what we see in the news everyday. And I like watching the John Wick movies. The action scenes are over the top, but Keanu Reeves has been trained well in the proper handling of firearms. That’s impressive to me.”

11:58 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

What’s worse, being on lockdown by the mod bot, or having your attempts to get around it being exposed for the world to see? haha

• J-Dub421
      12:00 pm October 10, 2019 Permalink

Lol. The mod bot eventually comes for us all.

6. J-Dub421
    11:31 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I went to see Phil Collins last night, and he was great. Good show.

• RealCatsFan
      11:33 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Mrs RCF’s sister (who we call The Concert Queen) went last night and said it was good. Heard he used a cane to get around. Those guys sure aren’t spring chickens anymore!

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

He said he recently had back surgery and hurt his foot. So, yes he did use a cane. He sounded good though, and did most of his big hits (there are a lot). His band was fabulous.

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:32 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I haven’t commented much this week because I’m trying to give 99.9%.

• Realme
      11:35 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha. Think of all the dropped babies, Chris, that last .1% is important!

11:40 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Do they make you carry a fake baby around everywhere you go for the next week when you drop a real one? lol That’s kinda how it used to be in HS football.

• Realme
      11:41 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know, Clutch. I guess you have to ask Coach Mingione.

• secrick
      11:41 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Sat. night is a must win for the Cats i think but the same for the razorbacks . It will come down to a field goal. Do you think we have a Chance? The reason i didn’t tell you how long it’s been since we beat GA. was because i didn’t know.

11:45 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

If it comes down to a FG, we will have played like crap again. Ark is not a good team. Just keeping it real here.

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I just need to know that rg454 is giving more than 99.99%. 🙂

• Realme
      11:50 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I will settle for no less than a full bounce back decisive win. And the “leaders” of the team should be feeling the same.

• Realme
      11:51 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha, for sure RCF.

8. Realme
    11:39 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Love a jigsaw puzzle, but it doesn’t really work if you have cats.

• RealCatsFan
      11:46 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Have you seen the Allstate “mayhem” commercial that talks about cats? I thought it was pretty funny – and somewhat accurate!

• Realme
      11:47 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

That’s a good one. I’ve seen a few others where people that I guess have a lot of time on their hands, make similar videos. Hilarious.

11:48 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I’m still enjoying the tailgating one. But yeah, they’re all good.

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Lol, there’s some truth to that commercial.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I read that the actor who does those commercials has become fabulously wealthy from them. What a great gig! I have a buddy who bears a strong resemblance to him, and that was his Halloween costume one year.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

He’s been a character actor for a while. He has a recurrent role on Brooklyn 99 and was a recurring character on Sex and the City.

12:00 pm October 10, 2019 Permalink

That actor played a bad guy in the first John Wick movie. His demise was not unlike some of the stuff that happens to the Allstate mayhem guy. lol

9. RealCatsFan
    11:44 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Drew’s story about trying to find a bright red missing puzzle piece reminds me of hunting for tools in the garage. Last week i was driving myself crazy trying to find a screwdriver that I literally had in my hands moments before. I turned the place upside down, looked everywhere, but alas, no screwdriver. Went to the toolbox and grabbed another while inventing new arrangements of cuss words. Five minutes later, I saw the YELLOW screwdriver sitting right in front of me. You see, in my mind’s eye, I had convinced myself that the handle was RED.

Isn’t a ghost that mischievously steals things called a poltergeist?

• Realme
      11:49 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

I think the puzzle piece was clinging to an item of clothing that Drew re-wore days later and it dropped off. But if he has a little girl ghost that’s fun.

• RealCatsFan
      12:01 pm October 10, 2019 Permalink

As long as there aren’t two of them!

10. Realme
    11:46 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Christians don’t believe Jesus came back as a ghost, he was bodily resurrected. Sighing at this caller.

• RealCatsFan
      12:05 pm October 10, 2019 Permalink

Yep, what some refer to as the “Holy Ghost” is usually called the “Holy Spirit” in Catholicism, and as I interpret it is the manifestation of God’s spirit in each of us to do His will.

• Realme
      12:10 pm October 10, 2019 Permalink

Yes. Different part of the Trinity than Jesus. But somehow Matt doesn’t call the guy out for saying things Christians don’t actually believe in an argument about how Christian beliefs mean you have to believe in ghosts.

12:20 pm October 10, 2019 Permalink