KSR Show Thread 1/29: More Iowa tales

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from somewhere in Iowa. Tune in to hear the gang recap their day with Andrew Yang and preview tonight’s game vs. Vanderbilt.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

70 Comments for KSR Show Thread 1/29: More Iowa tales

1. runningunnin.454
    9:59 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Once again the refs try to take care of the Gators; Miss State makes a bucket, and Florida shoots two FT’s; alas, it wasn’t enough, ha ha.

10:01 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Auburn eked (eeked? eaked?) one out after coming back from being down big.

• ClutchCargo
      10:05 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I saw the tail end of the Auburn game, but I was mainly watching the Celtics and Heat. Great game, and NBA Herro looks a lot like HS Herro, the way he gets anywhere he needs to go on the floor. He is a classic case of being even better suited for the pro game than college.

10:12 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I’ll be at College Gameday if nothing happens, and my sign will have a pic of my avatar. I’m sure I won’t get on camera though because I’ll probably be up top. They seem to give students preference:

“The general public is encouraged to enter the arena through the main entrance on the north end of Auburn Arena. Fans are welcome to sit in the 100 and 200 levels of the arena.

STUDENTS
      Students attending College GameDay may begin lining up at the north student entrance of Auburn Arena starting at 7:00 a.m. CT on Saturday.”

10:18 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

They don’t want an old UK fan like me down front. πŸ˜‰

Suggestions on things I should chant to Bilas: GO!!!

• ClutchCargo
      10:27 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Dress like the soup n-a-z-i and bring a giant ice cream cone.

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Ask him what an ACC homer is doing at an SEC game.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:02 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Okay, I’m going to try this again. The timing is ruined because Monday we were talking about the 4 v. 5 foul controversy. Here goes:

When I was a student at my now employer…

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:03 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

…they needed someone to fill in as a scorekeeper (yeah, in small college bball sometimes an official doesn’t show up (it was weather related I think)…

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:03 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I announced β€œThat’s five on Bailey!” Bailey played for us.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:04 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Bailey said β€œI only have four fouls!” He was right. *laughs*

He didn’t cuss me out after the game though. Haha.

10:09 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I tried to post this story Monday and yesterday but the mod bot got me. Maybe the glitches in the Show Thread were part of that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:11 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

It got through somehow, because I remember reading all of that. But yeah, the ability to even see comments was spotty at best.

10:13 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh, I missed it then. I may have logged out getting busy at work. Sorry for the repeat story! πŸ™‚

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:05 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Tyler, can you please allow my 2nd of the 4 comments to post? It won’t make sense if not. lol

10:07 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Thanks MTT!!!

7. ClutchCargo
    10:10 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Cool story from Monday, bro. lol

10:14 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

*laughing crying emoji*

8. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I checked the show thread comments last night; don’t you love these people that show up late, and drop goofy comments?
    Chris G, some guy showed up late yesterday after everyone left, and called you a snowflake, Ha ha?
    File under fwiw or didja know, the original snowflake in the mid 1800’s was someone that opposed abolishing slavery, if I remember 8th grade history.

10:15 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Why? Do you remember which thread?

10:15 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Yesterday’s ST?

10:17 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I just checked it. Haha.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Yes, yesterday’s show thread. Only because you were complaining about the ksr site being messed up. Completely illogical.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:18 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

For the record that was not me…lol

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I think I posted something to the effect that “snowflake” didn’t originally have political connotations in regards to left vs right, but it seems like most of the time it is applied to liberals these days, when there are plenty of people who lean both ways that fit the description. Surprise random late dude didn’t go after me. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Ever notice how the people who like to throw around the word “snowflake” are also the most easily offended?

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Honestly, the first time I heard the term was on the movie “The Blind Side” when Sandra Bullock’s character was confronting the gangbanger in the projects and he kept calling her “snowflake”.

• StillBP
      10:53 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

around KY, snowflake should be a compliment. Once KY residents see a snowflake, it’s time to panic and stock up on groceries. Yes, I’m a snowflake…fear me, KY πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha BP, stay out of her way going after that last loaf of bread and gallon of milk.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

That never made sense to me. If I know I’m going to be snowed in for a while, I’m stocking up on beer and frozen pizza, not milk and bread.

9. 4everUKBlue
    10:13 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Watching K have a meltdown is must see TV, that will never get old.

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t see it, what happened?

• 4everUKBlue
      10:20 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

It’s the story above. K went off on the fans during the game.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh o.k., I didn’t watch that game; didn’t figure Pitt could stay with them at Cameron.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:24 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

He really looks crazed, then almost apologized afterwards but he’s just a miserable on vampire.

• 4everUKBlue
      10:24 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

*old

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Actually, Count K just earned some points by doing that. Anybody who yells angrily at the Cameron Crazies can’t be all bad!

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Vampires don’t age physically, but apparently they do mentally. Count K is losing it. The pressure of not winning the championship last year with Prince Zion and the “greatest team ever” is getting to him.

• ClutchCargo
      10:42 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Actually, that type of outburst isn’t even out of character for Count K. He’s been doing it for a long time, just normally not in the public eye.

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Last year Dook was better at the start of the season than they were in March. So much for a year of K’s coaching.

10. J-Dub421
    10:35 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Gasp! Surely Saint K wouldn’t ever yell at fans or anyone else….

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

He’s becoming an angry old man. You know, the only time he is ever “classy” is when he wins. When he loses, he pouts and becomes short tempered.

11. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Mrs. RCF has become a fan of the show. Fortunately for me, I don’t think she follows the comments. πŸ™‚

• StillBP
      11:06 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

be funny if she created an account and didn’t know your screen name and yall got into a disagreement on here. And then at home she’d be like ‘uh, some jerk tried to say….’ and it was you!

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh, we’re way too much alike for that. πŸ˜‰

12. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Grumpy dudes saying “Stick to sports” in five, four, three, two, one…

• ClutchCargo
      10:43 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Careful, they will login and call you a snowflake a couple of hours after the show ends. πŸ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      10:54 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Oooohhh, I might melt! πŸ˜€

13. RealCatsFan
    10:45 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

HaHa, it would have been so totally hilarious if Rick Barnes had flopped onto the floor when that ref bumped into him.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

If he had flopped and then laid there clapping and smiling… I’m not sure how I would have reacted to that. lol

11:46 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Both you guys made me laugh on that one.

14. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I can’t believe that Auburn came back and won that game. They were down 18 when I went to bed. I’m glad in a way – they won’t be “angry” when we have to play them on Saturday.

15. J-Dub421
    11:01 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

The ref who ran into Rick Barnes should be banned from officiating any further SEC games for life. That was beyond the pale. If Barnes had flopped, that would have been hilarious.

• StillBP
      11:07 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I’m shocked they didn’t go to the monitor to see who initiated the contact!

• runningunnin.454
      11:09 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Cal better stay in the coach’s box, or he’ll be pancaked. Funny, but the state of college officiating is not. Did you see that Mike Brey and Notre Dame were fined $20,000 for post-game comments about the refs?
      More coaches should speak out, the game is being ruined.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:14 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh wow, Shannon really needs to post that video of Matt’s chair getting swiped to KSR! πŸ˜€

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

“There are more chairs right over there, snowflake”. That’s rich.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

I am just really hoping that when they go to meet Biden he does something weird, like sniff Shannon’s hair or something.

18. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh, they really need to go to the Trump rally. That would be rich! Better make sure their life insurance policies are paid up. πŸ™‚

11:44 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Keep in mind that there was a leader of a left wing group caught on video (Project Veritas) who admitted they hired people to start fights at Trump rallies in 2016.

• RealCatsFan
      12:04 pm January 29, 2020 Permalink

It wouldn’t surprise me, cg. But at the same time, it bothers me that the President spends so much time going around the country at what are basically campaign rallies. I would rather see politicians actually doing stuff that is in the job description. And yes, that goes for the ones on the Dem side as well.

19. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

If it was THAT Joe Walsh I would vote for him. He did have his name on the ballot in the past. Wrote a song about it called “Vote for Me”.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

11:43 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

In 1980 he supposedly wanted to run but was too young. He promised free gas for everybody, and on the “Eagles Live” album Glen Frey introduced him as the next POTUS. I had in on cassette but no more. I think someone told me they edited that out on the CD because of space issues.

11:45 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Eagles Live is great BTW. I wish I had gotten to see them.

20. J-Dub421
    11:25 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

If the lady saw the stack of chairs, why didn’t she just go get one of those?

21. runningunnin.454
    11:30 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

When BCG recruited the 8th grader, President Todd spoke out against it. BCG said coaches have to look at it differently that college presidents. Oops.
    Worked for Coach Stoops, though.

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

While I don’t think this is the best approach for a program like UK basketball, how is it a bad thing that an 8th grader is all but guaranteed a free ride to college?

22. TPACAT
    11:56 am January 29, 2020 Permalink

Ironic that Matt, the guy with no common sense, is talking about β€œlogic”…

• RealCatsFan
      12:05 pm January 29, 2020 Permalink

“The Most Ridiculous Manner Possible…”